New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Oh, wow. How did I miss that?

DM didn't tell me I rolled 1 on my Spot check, I guess.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Dry Dragon
    Dragon (Earth)
    Environment: Warm deserts
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 9; young adult 12; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25
    Treasure: Triple standard.
    Alignment: Usually True Neutral

Found in the deserts which are as dry as these dragons’ breath, dry dragons are dangerous predators. Young dragons hunt primarily by night, relying on hit and run tactics using their desiccating breath and terrible fangs to tear into their foes while using their speed to avoid retribution. Few desert tribes that have faced these dragons do not fear them.

As they mature their strategy changes. An adult dragon no longer needs to wait till night to hunt its prey and will move in the dreadful heat of their arid realms applying tooth and claw to foes. They lair near the surface of the sand and should a creature venture past the lair of a dry dragon it will burst from below rending with tooth and claws, sweeping with deadly breath to debilitate foes.

As they dwell in deserts, along with both blue and brass dragons, dry dragons find that they have draconic competition. Battles with brass dragons tend to be short and end with the weaker (usually brass) dragon fleeing the territory. Battles with blue dragons are longer and drawn out affairs as the blue dragon attempts to manipulate the battlefield to its advantage; many dry dragons die in such fights.

Dry dragons have scales the color of the night sky, some of which twinkle faintly in even the dimmest light, like makeshift stars. Their scales are darker than blue dragons, and their body is completely different. Like several breeds of metallic dragons their wings are made of membrane stretched tightly over a series of spines that runs from the base of their skull all the way to their tail. When at rest they sometimes extend these wings and allow heat to ooze from their blood, pumped through the thin membrane, into the cooler air around them. Although a dry dragon does not need to drink, it is not a creature of flames and great heats can distress even one of their kind. Their heads end in flat noses, and they have a slight under-bite giving their skulls a distinct shape among dragonkind.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 10 13 8 11 8 5/2 7 5 4 4 1d8 & 1d6 13 -
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (66 hp) 15 10 15 10 11 10 8/10 10 8 6 6 2d8 & 2d6 16 -
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 10 15 10 13 10 11/14 14 9 7 8 3d8 & 3d6 17 -
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 21 10 17 12 13 12 14/23 18 12 9 10 4d8 & 4d6 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 23 10 19 14 15 14 17/27 22 14 10 12 5d8 & 5d6 22 20
    Adult H 20d12+100 (230 hp) 25 10 21 14 15 14 20/35 25 17 12 14 6d8 & 6d6 25 22
    Mature Adult H 23d12+138 (287 hp) 27 10 23 16 17 16 23/39 29 19 13 16 7d8 & 7d6 27 24
    Old H 26d12+182 (351 hp) 29 10 25 16 17 16 26/43 33 22 15 18 8d8 & 8d6 30 26
    Very Old H 29d12+232 (420 hp) 31 10 27 18 19 18 29/47 37 24 16 20 9d8 & 9d6 32 28
    Ancient G 32d12+288 (496 hp) 35 10 29 20 21 20 32/56 40 27 18 23 10d8 & 10d6 35 31
    Wyrm G 35d12+315 (543 hp) 37 10 29 22 23 22 35/60 44 28 19 25 11d8 & 11d6 36 33
    Great Wyrm C 38d12+380 (627 hp) 41 10 31 24 25 24 38/69 45 31 21 28 12d8 & 12d6 39 36

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Spellcasting
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 200-ft (average), burrow 40-ft +0 15 (+1 size, +4 natural) - Immunity to desiccation, hold breath -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 17 (+7 natural) - Swift Strike +1d6 -
    Young 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 20 (+10 natural) - Tremorsense -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 22 (-1 size, +12 natural) 17 Fire Resistance 10, Swift Strike +2d6 1st
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) 18 DR 5/magic 3rd
    Adult 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) 20 Fire Resistance 30, Swift Strike +3d6 5th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) 22 DR 10/magic 7th
    Old 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) 24 Summon Twister, Swift Strike +4d6 9th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) 26 DR 15/magic 11th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) 27 Fire Immunity, Swift Strike +5d6 13th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) 28 DR 20/magic 15th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft +0 39 (-8 size, +37 natural) 30 Dust Tornado, Swift Strike +6d6 17th

Breath Weapon (Su): A dry dragon has a single breath weapon. They can spray a cone of desiccating sand which deals slashing and desiccating damage (see Sandstorm for desiccating damage).The slashing is listed in d8s while the desiccation deals dice of d6. A successful Reflex save halves both.

Hold Breath (Ex): A dry dragon can go 1 hour per 2 points of Con without breathing.

Swift Strike (Ex): If a very young or older dry dragon moves at least 10-ft it adds precision damage to any melee attacks it makes in that turn equal to that listed on the table.

Tremorsense (Ex): A young or older dry dragon gains tremorsense out to 10-ft per age category.

Spellcasting: A juvenile or older dry dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the indicated level.

Summon Twister (Su): An old or older dry dragon may, 3 times per day, summon a small twister of sand and wind. This twister appears within 100-ft +20-ft/age category of the dry dragon. It occupies an area 1 square by 1 square but 10 squares high. Any creature in a square it occupies takes 1d6 slashing damage/2 age categories and is buffered by hurricane force winds (except save DC is increased to that of the dry dragon’s Con based save DCs; normally equal to its breath weapon). All squares within 10-ft of the twister have windstorm force winds (with the same increased DC) and the effects of a greater duststorm (DMG pg 95). This twister remains for 1 round per age category of the dragon and it may direct it to move up to 40-ft as a swift action. The twister vanishes if it is ever not in contact with the ground or further than 100-ft +20-ft/age category of the dry dragon.

Dust Tornado (Su): Once per day a great wyrm dry dragon may surround itself with a terrible tornado force winds. It must decide the area of these winds when it first creates them, with an eye of from 20-ft to 60-ft radius centered on square it occupies and a total area covering a radius 3 times that of the eye. This ability has no effect within the eye, but in the remaining area there are tornado force winds (with their DC increased to the dragon’s Con based save DC) and all creatures within take 5d6 slashing damage from the terrible sands which blow through it, as well as the effects of a greater dust storm. A dry dragon may maintain this effect for as long as it wishes, but if it exits the eye of the storm the effect immediately ends. This effect cannot be moved by the dry dragon creating it.

Skills: Hide, Move Silently, and Survival are class skills for a dry dragon in addition to those common to all true dragons. A dry dragon gains +1 per age category to Hide checks made to hide while flying at night.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-27 at 04:39 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    I like the Spellwaste Dragon. But I think I might have to change the fluff a bit. Specifically the multiple worlds part. Will try and add them to the Setting as soon as possible.
    Edit: These were so good do you think you could make another for me?
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Sand Dragon (I know there is one in sandstorm but I think Zaydos can probably make a better one). It would live in the Sumran Wastes which consists of manly of which is Sandy Desert. Most people in Sumra are arcane casters so probably good with spells. Size probably start as small end as Colossal. One thing about it phyiscally, can its wings be spines with a Membrane between them (I love this part of sand dragons in Sandstorm and will hope for it to be the features of your Sand Dragon (If you do take the spines as wings off in place of something else thats fine though as it is your dragon)).
    Done. Next up... I don't know... salt?

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Firbolg in the Playground

A Sand Dragon (I know there is one in sandstorm but I think Zaydos can probably make a better one).
    I was right. This is better and suits the other "Wild Dragons" (Some of your dragons selected for my setting). I don't know if I should add Planar dragons to the setting if I do I ask if you can make them.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

I was right. This is better and suits the other "Wild Dragons" (Some of your dragons selected for my setting). I don't know if I should add Planar dragons to the setting if I do I ask if you can make them.
    Dragon Magazine + the Draconomicon have ones for most of the Outer Planes, as well as Ethereal and Astral Planes. Shadow Dragons, though not technically Planar Dragons (they have casting and normal draconic DR) are from the Plane of Shadows. I have two dragons from the Outer Planes (Arcadia and Baator) which finishes up the Outer Planes when coupled with the official ones; and I'm currently working on ones for the Inner Planes (but I'm starting with the planes they took out in 3.X because those apparently are easier to make things for than the elemental ones). Also I have one for each layer of Baator and Celestia.

Current Projects:

6. - Top - End - #876

How about these planar dragons:
    • Ataxi Dragon (The Plane of Ataxi is kind of like Keran's limbo but also has the elements of Wood, Positive, and Negative. I don't know what powers it could have, but probably elemental in nature)
    • Astral Dragon (As Cores Astral so maybe it could have planar travel related powers)
    • Asylum Dragon (Asylum is a Prison Plane so maybe abilites which stop its targets from moving and I think it would like torture)
    • Hellpit Dragons (Basically dragons from the Ninehells and I will probably just use your Hellfire Dragon)
    • Dragon of the Work (The work is like mechanis from core as is made from gears this dragon might be very lawful with some construct traits, I think).
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

How about these planar dragons:
    • Ataxi Dragon (The Plane of Ataxi is kind of like Keran's limbo but also has the elements of Wood, Positive, and Negative. I don't know what powers it could have, but probably elemental in nature)
    • Astral Dragon (As Cores Astral so maybe it could have planar travel related powers)
    • Asylum Dragon (Asylum is a Prison Plane so maybe abilites which stop its targets from moving and I think it would like torture)
    • Hellpit Dragons (Basically dragons from the Ninehells and I will probably just use your Hellfire Dragon)
    • Dragon of the Work (The work is like mechanis from core as is made from gears this dragon might be very lawful with some construct traits, I think).
    Will have to think, but for the last one possibly the clockwork dragon. It's kind of half-way between construct and dragon, and it already commonly was found on Mechanus.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since you seem to be an expert on dragons for the most part, do you recall a plant dragon or plant-imitating dragon? I was going through some of my DM's notes from a decade ago and I got hit with a wall of nostalgia when I found some referencing a fight with a 'plant dragon' that wasn't fey in any sense but from what I read was more like an all natural plant-based dragon. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    Et tu, Brute?

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrWeird View Post
    Since you seem to be an expert on dragons for the most part, do you recall a plant dragon or plant-imitating dragon? I was going through some of my DM's notes from a decade ago and I got hit with a wall of nostalgia when I found some referencing a fight with a 'plant dragon' that wasn't fey in any sense but from what I read was more like an all natural plant-based dragon. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    2e had Amber Dragon which was druidic and fed off of tree-sap. I don't know of a 3.X dragon like that other than the updated Amber Dragon and Lepidodrendron Dragon I made. Even so I don't think either are what you are looking for. Do you remember which edition it was?

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #880
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

What about something silly like a dragon made of dragons? Or something (Only slightly) more serious like Noble Gas Dragons? (Neon Dragons are an awesome idea.)

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Have you done lead dragons, yet? Slow-moving, blunt-snouted, perhaps a little dim-witted, poisonous?
    Ut Abyssus per orbis terrarum.

12. - Top - End - #882

You should totally do a Wyrd Dragon; fey theme, tons of evasion abilities, debilitating status effects, the works. Teleporting dragon ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

Salt Dragon
    Dragon (Extraplanar)
    Environment: Any desert or underground (Quasielemental Plane of Salt)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 9; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 17; very old 18; ancient 20; wyrm 21; great wyrm 22
    Treasure: Triple standard.
    Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral

I was gathering mana-salts on the Quasielemental Plane of Salt, a key ingredient in the creation of pearls of power or at least one that can be used, when I encountered a salt dragon. As you are always interested in my discoveries I thought to tell you about this race.

Salt dragons are reclusive beings which dwell on the Quasielemental Plane of Salt avoiding contact with other creatures. They were once mistaken for salt quasielementals by planar scholars, but the idea that salt quasielementals would look like salt encrusted purple reptiles seems silly in retrospect. These dragons dislike intrusion, and actively seek solitude making even the friendlier of their kind a hazard to approach.

These dragons have purple scales covered with what looks like salty crust, but is in truth part of their flesh. Their wings are usually kept folded against their bodies, the better to dig through the salt, but when they are in an area where they can take advantage of flight they will spread their great purple wings and use them to good effect.

-Zasper the Dragon Sage

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 10 13 8 11 8 5/2 7 5 4 4 2d6 13 (11)
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (66 hp) 15 10 15 10 11 10 8/10 10 8 6 6 4d6 16 (14)
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 10 15 10 11 10 11/14 14 9 7 7 6d6 17 (15)
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 21 10 17 12 13 12 14/23 18 12 9 10 8d6 20 (18)
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 23 10 19 12 13 12 17/27 22 14 10 11 10d6 22 19
    Adult H 20d12+80 (210 hp) 25 10 19 14 15 14 20/35 25 16 12 14 12d6 24 22
    Mature Adult H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 27 10 21 14 15 14 23/39 29 18 13 15 14d6 26 23
    Old H 26d12+156 (325 hp) 29 10 23 16 17 16 26/43 33 21 15 18 16d6 29 26
    Very Old H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 31 10 23 16 17 16 29/47 37 22 16 19 18d6 30 27
    Ancient G 32d12+224 (432 hp) 35 10 25 18 19 18 32/56 40 25 18 22 20d6 33 30
    Wyrm G 35d12+245 (473 hp) 37 10 25 18 19 18 35/60 44 26 19 23 22d6 34 31
    Great Wyrm G 38d12+304 (551 hp) 39 10 27 20 21 20 38/64 48 29 21 26 24d6 37 34
    Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), burrow 40-ft +0 15 (+1 size, +4 natural) - Immunity to desiccation, breathless, water vulnerability, destroy water
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 17 (+7 natural) - Drain Moisture
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 20 (+10 natural) - DR 5/magic
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 22 (-1 size, +12 natural) 17 Saline Blood
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) 18 DR 10/magic
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) 20 Desiccation field
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) 22 DR 15/magic
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) 24 Flesh to Salt
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) 26 DR 20/magic and 5/adamantine
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) 27 Desiccating Bite
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) 28 DR 20/magic and 10/adamantine
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) 30 Roar of the Saline Emperor

Breath Weapon (Su): A salt dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of desiccation dealing the listed damage (as normal for desiccation damage this can be modified if the target is a water elemental or particularly resistant).

Breathless (Ex): A salt dragon has no need to breathe.

Water Vulnerability (Ex): Normal water damages a salt dragon like holy water damages undead.

Destroy Water (Ex): Any water that touches a salt dragon is instantly destroyed.

Drain Moisture (Su): As a standard action a very young or older salt dragon may drain moisture from one creature within 60-ft. This attack deals 1d6 desiccation damage per age category, but a successful Fort save (DC is charisma based) halves this damage.

Saline Blood (Su): The blood of a salt dragon is infused with magically concentrated salt. This makes a juvenile or older salt dragon’s blood dangerously corrosive. Any slashing or piercing weapon which damages it takes 5d6 acid damage per age category, this damage ignores hardness and is not halved as normal against objects, a successful Reflex save (Con based) halves this damage. In addition any creature adjacent to a salt dragon when it takes damage from a slashing or piercing weapon (or spell) must make a Reflex save (Con based) or take 2d6 acid damage.

Desiccation Field (Su): When an adult or older salt dragon uses its Drain Moisture ability it may choose to instead affect all creatures within 60-ft.

Flesh to Salt (Sp): This ability functions like Flesh to Stone but instead transforms the target into pure salt. An old or older salt dragon may use this ability once per day per 2 age categories attained and has a CL of 2 per age category when doing so.

Desiccating Bite (Su): An ancient or older salt dragon’s bite draws moisture from the target dealing 3d6 desiccation damage per hit.

Roar of the Saline Emperor (Su): A great wyrm salt dragon may, 3 times per day, release a horrifying roar. Any creature within 100-ft must make a Fortitude save (Charisma based) or take 1d6 Constitution damage as their blood, or other vital fluids, are turned to salt within them. Elementals without the Water subtype are immune. Vampires, despite lacking a Constitution score, take 8 points of damage per point of Constitution damage that would have been dealt.

Skills: Autohypnosis, and Spellcraft are class skills for a salt dragon in addition to those common to all true dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-02 at 01:39 PM.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

How deadly do you think you could make a True Dragon of the smallest size bracket?
    Et tu, Brute?

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrWeird View Post
    How deadly do you think you could make a True Dragon of the smallest size bracket?
    Infinitely. You can get pretty arbritary in this game with stats and such.

More seriously, pretty deadly. They can have casting from one or more classes, magical powers, and resistances stretching from one side of the battlefield to the other. Mental stats on par with, or surpasing, fully equipped casters, and have enough feats to rival them; barring the cheesier PrCs a dragon's casting is as more deadly than a sorcerer's of the same CL. It wouldn't be a melee brute at that point, though.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #886
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, but now the hardest part.

Making it believable that it would be so small but so powerful.

...Of course, in the suspension of disbelief within a D&D sense, not a real life physics style.
    Et tu, Brute?

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Blood Dragon
    Dragon (Fire)
    Environment: Temperate and Warm Mountains and Underground
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or brood (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 11; young adult 14; adult 16; mature adult 19; old 21; very old 22; ancient 24; wyrm 25; great wyrm 27
    Treasure: Double standard.
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil

While visiting the dragon Mistalphos at his isle on the world of Interra I found certain texts talking about a variety of red dragons twisted by the blood god Nyull. These ‘blood dragons’ were created by Nyull to serve as his elite shock troopers as he brought war against the rest of the deities of the world. These dragons were vicious creatures that had no purpose other than to wage destruction on the creations of the other gods, and were exterminated at the end of the war; or at least they were believed to have been.

Mistalphos told me otherwise, and I will repeat what he told me of these creatures, before adding what I have discovered due to my frequent travels.

They weren’t completely wiped out, my friend. Yes most were killed, hunted by man and dragon alike; metallic and chromatic working together like Io had intended though I doubt the Nine-Fold One wanted it to be under such circumstances. I remember the hunts still; the blood that stung like acid, washing against my scales, the flesh that would not burn from my breath. Still they fell, as it would have to have been for the First Borns, who had feasted on their master’s blood and thus grown at a rate that no natural dragon could ever match, had already been slain in the War.

What were these First Borns like? They were mighty, stronger even than the red wyrms. I slew two myself, one was almost physically my match even without its mastery of blood, something that could have been said of only one red dragon of the time, although even it lacked my force of personality. That force of personality wasn’t what saved me; it was a mixture of luck, those powers Tiamat had granted me to act as her avatar, and my own wit and cunning. Similar to how I had defeated dragons far older than myself in my path to power.

Sorry, you did want to hear about blood dragons, not my past accomplishments didn’t you? So blood dragons, yes some survived the hunts, hiding in the forsaken places of the world. Were I not limited by my role as Trial of Heroes I would hunt them down myself, for they are an evil growth that threatens to gnaw at the roots of this world. In truth I post bounties upon their heads commonly throughout the great cities of the world, though woe upon the so-called hero who would bring a red dragon’s head and attempt to pass it off as a blood dragon’s head. I think my policy for punishing such transgressions have made the bounties a little feared, but really can such vermin, excuse me I know you have some love for humans but really some of them are mere vermin although I will admit that some can earn my friendship a feat that few of the great kind can do, expect to live after such a thing? To expect me to pay bounty on my own kind’s heads? Oh yes sorry, about blood dragons.

Well they were twisted from my kind, tainted by the blood of Nyull the Destroyer. His blood drives them to madness even as it gives them resistance to acid and breath weapons that even my scales cannot resist without the aid of magic. They are ferocious creature who, before the Hunts, knew only destruction. Unfortunately the Hunts taught them the benefits of subterfuge and those that survived are more cunning in their tactics relying on stealth and remaining unnoticed. Even so they kill for pleasure, but be thankful; they are likely to prolong your life to extend your pain killing you slowly giving a chance for reinforcements to arrive. Unfortunately they are also likely to work with those vermin foolish enough to worship Nyull, and succumb to the promises the demon-god makes offerings of wealth, and power.

He gave me more information about the beasts, but I believe that is enough of an excerpt of our conversation, and to include more of his rambling would be detrimental to this work. Suffice it to say I could have written a much longer passage on them than I will from just his conversation, even were I to edit out all the unnecessary portions. Moving along.

I hunted for one of these blood dragons personally, and subduing it attempted to reason with it. I found the creature filled with a vile darkness to turn even a baatezu’s black heart, and eventually the beast had to be killed before it could escape and kill more; the only other option would have been to use even more morally repugnant means of forcibly purifying another’s soul.

This encounter, and Mistalphos’s stories, led me to search for one of these creatures on another world and I did manage to find such a beast. Though its creation was different, it shared a common link to the Far Realm and a dark god which dwelt within that place.

Blood dragons are twisted from red dragons and look similar with a body structure that to anyone not skilled in the art of identifying dragons could easily be passed off as a red dragon’s. Their horns are thicker in proportion to their length, but slightly shorter in proportion to their heads, and they have a few extra joints in their tail giving it more flexibility, but to mistake one for a red dragon would be a natural accident. As their scales range from the color of fresh blood to that of old and dry blood, it is their coloration which serves as the easiest means of differentiation, although those with lighter scales can have scales as light as red dragons with darker scales. If applying for a bounty make sure the dragon breathed a mixture of fire and acid, had blood which burned when struck, and/or had the ability to sprout blades of its own blood before turning in the head lest your reward be execution.

Blood dragons have all the normal capabilities one should expect from a dragon, but they develop resistance to normal weapons quicker than the majority of spellcasting dragons, have spell resistance that is on par with an older red dragon, and physical capabilities to match their sires even as the blood which courses through them can extend outwards with a life of its own. Their breath is a cone of burning hot acidic blood, and they can stretch their blood out into a pair of deadly scythes. Finally the oldest have an aura of unholy power that can prove dangerous to even powerful heroes of good.
    -Zasper the Dragon Sage

Wyrmling M 7d12+14 (59) 17 10 15 8 9 10 7/10 10 7 5 4 2d10 15 -
    Very Young L 10d12+30 (95) 21 10 17 10 11 12 10/19 14 10 7 7 4d10 18 -
    Young L 13d12+39 (123) 25 10 17 10 11 12 13/24 19 11 8 8 6d10 19 -
    Juvenile L 16d12+64 (168) 29 10 19 12 13 14 16/29 24 14 10 11 8d10 22 -
    Young Adult H 19d12+76 (199) 31 10 21 12 13 14 19/37 27 16 11 12 10d10 24 21
    Adult H 22d12+132 (275) 33 10 21 14 17 16 22/41 31 18 13 16 12d10 26 24
    Mature Adult H 25d12+150 (312) 33 10 23 16 17 18 25/44 34 20 14 17 14d10 28 26
    Old G 28d12+196 (378) 35 10 25 18 19 20 28/52 36 23 16 20 16d10 31 29
    Very Old G 31d12+248 (449) 37 10 27 20 21 22 31/56 40 25 17 22 18d10 33 31
    Ancient G 34d12+306 (527) 39 10 29 22 23 24 34/60 44 28 19 25 20d10 36 34
    Wyrm G 37d12+370 (610) 41 10 31 22 23 24 37/64 48 30 20 26 22d10 38 35
    Great Wyrm C 40d12+400 (660) 45 10 31 24 25 26 40/73 49 32 22 29 24d10 40 38

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities Spellcasting SR
    Wyrmling 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 16 (+6 natural) Immune to Fire and Acid, Cold vulnerability - -
    Very Young 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) Blades of Blood - -
    Young 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) DR 5/magic 1st -
    Juvenile 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 23 (-2 size, +15 natural) Fast Healing 3rd 19
    Young Adult 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) DR 10/magic 5th 21
    Adult 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) Burning Blood 7th 23
    Mature Adult 40 ft., fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) DR 15/magic 9th 24
    Old 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor) +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) Fatal Blades of Blood 11th 26
    Very Old 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor) +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) DR 20/magic and 5/cold iron or good 13th 28
    Ancient 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) Blood Drain 15th 30
    Wyrm 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) DR 20/magic and 10/cold iron and good 17th 32
    Great Wyrm 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor) +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) Unholy Aura 19th 34

Breath Weapon (Su): A blood dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of searing hot, acidic blood which deals the listed damage as half fire and half acid damage.

Blades of Blood (Su): A young or older blood dragon may, as a swift action, take 2 points of Con damage to sprout a pair of long blade-like limbs made of its own blood. These limbs deal damage as a claw attack and count as secondary natural weapons but overcome DR as if they were magical, chaotic, evil, silver, and cold iron weapons, and deal +1 fire and +1 acid damage per two age categories; they deal slashing and piercing damage. These blades last for 1 minute after which time it must recreate them to use them any further.

Fast Healing (Ex): A juvenile or older blood dragon heals 2 hp per age category per round.

Burning Blood (Su): Any creature that strikes an adult or older blood dragon while within the blood dragon’s claw reach, or strikes it in melee with a non-reach weapon, is covered in a shower of burning blood. This blood ignites into flame on contact with the air and deals 1d12 acid damage +1 fire damage per age category, and ignites any flammables it strikes. A successful Reflex save (Con based) negates this damage.

Fatal Blades of Blood (Ex): An old or older blood dragon’s blades of blood provoke a critical threat on an 18-20 and deal triple damage on a critical hit.

Blood Drain (Su): Any creature struck by an ancient or older blood dragon’s blade of blood takes 1d3 Con damage in addition to the regular damage as the blade sucks out the blood of the injured creature. In addition the blood dragon heals 5 damage per point of Con damage inflicted in this way, if it already has full health it instead gains 10 temporary hit points per point of Con damage dealt; these temporary hit points fade after 10 minutes.

Unholy Aura (Su): Any good aligned creature within 100-ft of a great wyrm blood dragon must make a Will save each round or be sapped with soul numbing depression for that round suffering a -2 on attack rolls, caster level checks, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. Afterwards they must make a Fort save or be sickened for 1 round.

Skills: Hide, Jump, and Move Silently are class skills for a blood dragon in addition to those common to all true dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 04:47 PM.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #888
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now imagine if All of these Dragons could be found along with All the core Dragons on a single world. 150 different types of Dragons lurking around every corner........Has your min drun away in terror yet?
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    Now imagine if All of these Dragons could be found along with All the core Dragons on a single world. 150 different types of Dragons lurking around every corner........Has your min drun away in terror yet?
    No, but my suspension of disbelief has began to question the ecology of that world. There's a reason I make heavy use of Spelljammer in my fluff for these.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #890
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    No, but my suspension of disbelief has began to question the ecology of that world. There's a reason I make heavy use of Spelljammer in my fluff for these.
    Very true which is why if we ever make any more progress on Dragon-World I would select a few of the more believable ones, and call it a world.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

21. - Top - End - #891
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whoa, Love the blood dragon.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, it was actually the first dragon I ever tried, in 3.X, to make, but I gave up on it (that was almost a decade ago now), so I decided to finally actually make it.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #893
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow. Slow clap for Zaydos!
    Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap
    Clap
    Clap
    Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapCl apClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapCl apClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapCl apClapYou Rock!ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapCl apClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapCl apClapClapClapWoohoo! Yeah!ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapCl apClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
    Clap
    Clap

Clap
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

Okay working on a necron dragon as someone requested it to me. Seeing as how I don't know much about Warhammer 40k or otherwise (HeroQuest takes place in the Warhammer Universe, right? Also Slann mage-priests are too expensive for a kid to buy but saurials are cool and the halberds the Slann body-guards carry are awesome) I have mainly the Lexicanum to work off of, and stuff I've seen on TVtropes.

So I was wondering what kind of damage I should use as their breath weapon, intending to base it off the particle whip of the Necron Monolith, and whether I should give them Fast Healing or what would be an appropriate thing to have penetrate their regeneration? For the breath weapon maybe just have it disintegrate basing it off of the Gauss weapons? The C'tan's vulnerability to the Warp makes me think about using aligned damage to overcome it, but that's rather weak since most high-mid+ characters have access to a holy sword rather easily. Maybe only Chaotic damage?

Also contemplating a lich-like resurrection technique.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-06-16 at 12:52 AM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Anti-Green Dragon:
    Dragon (Earth)
    Environment: Temperate Forest
    Organization: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Good.

Anti-Green Dragons hate green things, especially green dragons. They were spawned from silly message board games. Zasper thinks I've gone crazy.

Anti-Green Dragons have scales that are Anti-Green. This color does not exist in a non-magical reality and is best represented by a color that is comprised of all colors of light except green.

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice | Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon Damage| Breath Weapon DC| Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling| S| 5d12+5 (37 hp) | 13| 10| 13| 12| 13| 12| 5/2| 7| 5| 4| 5| 2d6 |13 |-
    Very Young| M| 8d12+16 (66 hp) | 15| 10| 15| 14| 15| 14| 8/10| 10| 8| 6| 8| 4d6 |16 |-
    Young | M| 11d12+22 (93 hp) | 17| 10| 15| 14| 15| 14| 11/14| 14| 9| 7| 9| 6d6 |17 |-
    Juvenile| L| 14d12+42 (133 hp) | 21| 10| 17| 16| 17| 16| 14/23| 18| 12| 9| 12| 8d6 |20 |-
    Young Adult| L| 17d12+68 (178 hp) | 23| 10| 19| 18| 19| 18| 17/27| 22| 14| 10| 14| 10d6 |22 |22
    Adult| H| 20d12+80 (210 hp) | 25| 10| 19| 18| 19| 18| 20/35| 25| 16| 12| 16| 12d6 |24 |24
    Mature Adult| H| 23d12+115 (264 hp) | 27| 10| 21| 20| 21| 20| 23/39| 29| 18| 13| 18| 14d6 |26 |26
    Old | H| 26d12+130 (299 hp) | 29| 10| 21| 22| 23| 22| 26/43| 33| 20| 15| 21| 16d6 |28 |29
    Very Old| H| 29d12+174 (362 hp) | 31| 10| 23| 22| 23| 22| 29/47| 37| 22| 16| 22| 18d6 |30 |30
    Ancient| G| 32d12+224 (432 hp) | 35| 10| 25| 24| 25| 24| 32/56| 40| 25| 18| 25| 20d6 |33 |33
    Wyrm | G| 35d12+281 (508 hp) | 37| 10| 27| 26| 27| 26| 35/60| 44| 27| 19| 27| 22d6 |35 |35
    Great Wyrm | G| 38d12+343 (590 hp) | 41| 10| 29| 28| 29| 28| 38/65| 49| 30| 21| 30| 24d6 |38 |38[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init |AC |SR |Special Abilities |Caster Level
    Wyrmling |60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), burrow 30-ft |+0 |15 (+1 size, +4 natural) |- |Immunity to Electricity and Acid, Smite Green |-
    Very Young |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |17 (+7 natural) |- |- |-
    Young |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |20 (+10 natural) |- |Diminish Plants |-
    Juvenile |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |22 (-1 size, +13 natural) |- |Remove Green |1st
    Young Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |25 (-1 size, +16 natural) |19 |DR 5/magic |3rd
    Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |27 (-2 size, +19 natural) |21 |Anti-Green Shell |5th
    Mature Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |30 (-2 size, +22 natural) |22 |DR 10/magic |7th
    Old |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |33 (-2 size, +25 natural) |24 |- |9th
    Very Old |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |36 (-2 size, +28 natural) |25 |DR 15/magic |11th
    Ancient |60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft |+0 |37 (-4 size, +31 natural) |27 |Green Weakening Aura |13th
    Wyrm |60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft |+0 |40 (-4 size, +34 natural) |28 |DR 20/magic |15th
    Great Wyrm |60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft |+0 |43 (-4 size, +37 natural) |30 |Time Stop |17th[/table]

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): An anti-green dragon has a single type of breath weapon, a line of electricity (Reflex halves).

Smite Green (Su): An anti-green dragon adds its age category to melee damage against green creatures, or creatures wearing high amounts of green (DM's discretion). In addition their breath weapon deals +50% damage to such creatures.

Spells: A juvenile or older anti-green dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level.

Remove Green (Su): A juvenile or older anti-green dragon can return something that has been made green (for example by the spell prestidigitation to its original coloration.

Anti-Green Shell (Su): An anti-green dragon projects an aura into which green creatures, or creatures wearing high amounts of green, cannot enter. This aura extends 10-ft per age category. A green creature forced into this aura can ignore it till it leaves and tries to reenter.

Green Weakening Aura (Su): Green creatures within 10-ft per age category of an ancient or older anti-green dragon suffer a cumulative -2 penalty to all ability scores per round they spend within that distance. This penalty fades at a rate of 1 point per minute outside of its aura.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Diminish Plants (young or older), Time Stop (Great wyrm)

Skills: In addition to the class skills common to all true dragons anti-green dragons have Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Anti-Green Dragon:
    Dragon (Earth)
    Environment: Temperate Forest
    Organization: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Good.

Anti-Green Dragons hate green things, especially green dragons. They were spawned from silly message board games. Zasper thinks I've gone crazy.

Anti-Green Dragons have scales that are Anti-Green. This color does not exist in a non-magical reality and is best represented by a color that is comprised of all colors of light except green.

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice | Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon Damage| Breath Weapon DC| Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling| S| 5d12+5 (37 hp) | 13| 10| 13| 12| 13| 12| 5/2| 7| 5| 4| 5| 2d6 |13 |-
    Very Young| M| 8d12+16 (66 hp) | 15| 10| 15| 14| 15| 14| 8/10| 10| 8| 6| 8| 4d6 |16 |-
    Young | M| 11d12+22 (93 hp) | 17| 10| 15| 14| 15| 14| 11/14| 14| 9| 7| 9| 6d6 |17 |-
    Juvenile| L| 14d12+42 (133 hp) | 21| 10| 17| 16| 17| 16| 14/23| 18| 12| 9| 12| 8d6 |20 |-
    Young Adult| L| 17d12+68 (178 hp) | 23| 10| 19| 18| 19| 18| 17/27| 22| 14| 10| 14| 10d6 |22 |22
    Adult| H| 20d12+80 (210 hp) | 25| 10| 19| 18| 19| 18| 20/35| 25| 16| 12| 16| 12d6 |24 |24
    Mature Adult| H| 23d12+115 (264 hp) | 27| 10| 21| 20| 21| 20| 23/39| 29| 18| 13| 18| 14d6 |26 |26
    Old | H| 26d12+130 (299 hp) | 29| 10| 21| 22| 23| 22| 26/43| 33| 20| 15| 21| 16d6 |28 |29
    Very Old| H| 29d12+174 (362 hp) | 31| 10| 23| 22| 23| 22| 29/47| 37| 22| 16| 22| 18d6 |30 |30
    Ancient| G| 32d12+224 (432 hp) | 35| 10| 25| 24| 25| 24| 32/56| 40| 25| 18| 25| 20d6 |33 |33
    Wyrm | G| 35d12+281 (508 hp) | 37| 10| 27| 26| 27| 26| 35/60| 44| 27| 19| 27| 22d6 |35 |35
    Great Wyrm | G| 38d12+343 (590 hp) | 41| 10| 29| 28| 29| 28| 38/65| 49| 30| 21| 30| 24d6 |38 |38[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init |AC |SR |Special Abilities |Caster Level
    Wyrmling |60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), burrow 30-ft |+0 |15 (+1 size, +4 natural) |- |Immunity to Electricity and Acid, Smite Green |-
    Very Young |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |17 (+7 natural) |- |- |-
    Young |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |20 (+10 natural) |- |Diminish Plants |-
    Juvenile |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |22 (-1 size, +13 natural) |- |Remove Green |1st
    Young Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |25 (-1 size, +16 natural) |19 |DR 5/magic |3rd
    Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |27 (-2 size, +19 natural) |21 |Anti-Green Shell |5th
    Mature Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |30 (-2 size, +22 natural) |22 |DR 10/magic |7th
    Old |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |33 (-2 size, +25 natural) |24 |- |9th
    Very Old |60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft |+0 |36 (-2 size, +28 natural) |25 |DR 15/magic |11th
    Ancient |60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft |+0 |37 (-4 size, +31 natural) |27 |Green Weakening Aura |13th
    Wyrm |60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft |+0 |40 (-4 size, +34 natural) |28 |DR 20/magic |15th
    Great Wyrm |60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft |+0 |43 (-4 size, +37 natural) |30 |Time Stop |17th[/table]

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): An anti-green dragon has a single type of breath weapon, a line of electricity (Reflex halves).

Smite Green (Su): An anti-green dragon adds its age category to melee damage against green creatures, or creatures wearing high amounts of green (DM's discretion). In addition their breath weapon deals +50% damage to such creatures.

Spells: A juvenile or older anti-green dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level.

Remove Green (Su): A juvenile or older anti-green dragon can return something that has been made green (for example by the spell prestidigitation to its original coloration.

Anti-Green Shell (Su): An anti-green dragon projects an aura into which green creatures, or creatures wearing high amounts of green, cannot enter. This aura extends 10-ft per age category. A green creature forced into this aura can ignore it till it leaves and tries to reenter.

Green Weakening Aura (Su): Green creatures within 10-ft per age category of an ancient or older anti-green dragon suffer a cumulative -2 penalty to all ability scores per round they spend within that distance. This penalty fades at a rate of 1 point per minute outside of its aura.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Diminish Plants (young or older), Time Stop (Great wyrm)

Skills: In addition to the class skills common to all true dragons anti-green dragons have Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently.
    There's an internet coming in your PM box. Good day, sir.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2011-07-02 at 08:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Randomly popping in to this thread (I really should resume reading it carefully one of these days, and get fully caught up on the backlog.)
    More seriously, pretty deadly. They can have casting from one or more classes, magical powers, and resistances stretching from one side of the battlefield to the other. Mental stats on par with, or surpasing, fully equipped casters, and have enough feats to rival them; barring the cheesier PrCs a dragon's casting is as more deadly than a sorcerer's of the same CL. It wouldn't be a melee brute at that point, though.
    I created a dragon (see my signature if you care) that would probably get MORE deadly if you reversed the advancement proceedures in the MM to reduce its starting size category and/or to give it the dexterity boost for losing a size category (but without any actual size reduction) in place of gaining each size category. It is built more like a rogue than a fighter. Of course, if they didn't reach larger sizes, they wouldn't be nearly as cool as PC carrying NPCs (insist on calling them a "mount" and they will scrape you off against the nearest cliff... not that I don't think that should be true of all dragons, although the METHOD of removing the passenger might vary from species to species).

Blood Dragon sounds like its BW should require HP to use (but perhaps be usable every 1 round (plus modifications for metabreath).
    Also, the blood drain should perhaps have a mechanic for repairing a single point of Con damage on an especially good hit (so two good hits fully recovers to normal Con).

Also, all 150 species could exist on one world I think... just remove most or all the humanoids and replace them with about 1/500th that many dragons. High-speed flight and long lives (meaning a long time to seek a mate), means that the gene pools wouldn't stagnate for lack of being able to find suitable individuals within one's ability to easily reach who you weren't already related to.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Dragon Bunny

So apparently real inspiration is hard to come by atm so another mostly joke creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tiny Dragon
    HD 2d12+4 (17 hp)
    Speed 50 ft. (4 squares), burrow 30-ft (good)
    Init: +3
    AC 15; touch 13; flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 Natural)
    BAB +2; Grp -8
    Attack Bite +7 melee (1d6-2; 18-20/x3)
    Full-Attack Bite +7 melee (1d6-2; 18-20/x3), and 2 wings +2 melee (1d2-2)
    Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Leaping Charge
    Special Qualities: Keen Sight, Scent, Tremorsense 60-ft
    Saves Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +4
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Skills: Hide +11, Jump +22, Listen +6, Move Silently +7, Spot +6
    Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Alertness
    Environment: Temperate plains
    Organization Solitary, pair, or borrow (4-16)
    Challenge Rating 1
    Treasure 1/2 standard
    Alignment Always true neutral
    Advancement by HD (3-5 HD small, 6-9 HD medium)
    Level Adjustment

This small creature has rabbit-like ears and great, flat hindlegs made for prodigious leaps. Its body is covered in pastel blue scales, and its mouth houses several over-sized fangs. Small, mostly useless wings stretch from their sides; incapable of flight they flap them to aid their jumps and to strike enemies.

Dragon bunnies are a small race of draconic predator, preying primarily on small animals such as rodents, cats, birds, and bats. They are capable of tremendous leaps to attack their prey.

Combat: A bunny dragon uses it sharp teeth and powerful leaps in combat.

Leaping Charge (Ex): If a dragon bunny makes a DC 20 Jump check as part of a charge it gains +2 to hit (in addition to the regular bonus) and +1d6 damage.

Keen Sight (Ex): A dragon bunny can see twice as far as a human in full daylight, suffering only a -1 per 10-ft of distance when making spot checks (instead of -2 per 10-ft). In addition they have 120-ft darkvision, and superior low-light vision.

Skills: A dragon bunny gains a +16 racial bonus to Jump checks.

As Familiars: A character with the improved familiar feat and a caster level of 5 may select a dragon bunny as a familiar. If they do so they gain a +3 bonus to Jump checks (because Improved Familiars should give some perk style benefits too ).

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #899

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    You should totally do a Wyrd Dragon; fey theme, tons of evasion abilities, debilitating status effects, the works. Teleporting dragon ninja!
    If inspiration is hard to come by, this repost may help!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I almost hate to say it, but I'm not at all fond of the Dragon Bunny.

You've given it triple threat range on its bite and dramatically increased the damage on a critical without giving it any explanation. Plus, it has a lot of special abilities for just 2 HD, mostly understandable, but few are really pulled from the dragon traits.

On the upside, I do like that it can't fly. Trading Tremorsense for Blindsense makes good sense. Leaping Charge was also a good feature.

One question: why pastel blue scales?

On the downside, gaining a wing attack is usually based on the dragon's size. Tiny dragons only have bite and claw attacks. It should be medium size before it gains a wing attack. Sadly, it has no breath weapon. A 15-foot cone of carrot breath wouldn't be unreasonable for some of the advanced bunny dragon (minimum 4 HD).

One last thing, dragons normally get Keen Senses and Keen Sight isn't much better. The normal penalty is -1 for every 10 feet not -2. Even increasing it to -1 for every 20 feet isn't really significant for a CR 1 encounter. The tremorsense makes it more likely to be its method of detection rather than a Spot check.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2011-07-07 at 12:57 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread