New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3,000,000 Gp?!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default 3,000,000 Gp?!

I'm a Sublime Urban Ranger/Scout//Rogue with a heavy focus in Sneak Attack, Skirmish, and shadow hand. I need a way to reliably precision damage my foes into submission and have a ridiculous amount of gold.

Suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 3,000,000 Gp?!

With that kind of money you can buy a permanent non-slotted item of Supreme Invisibility, and enough Belt of Battles to use every round in every fight and still have some left over. Seriously, 3 million GP is ridiculous. I hope you already bought +5 tomes for all stats and a Belt of Magnificence.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Not yet. Gonna tho

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mantle of Epic spell resistance is great until level 23 or so. 1.2 million, 32 SR I think.

Beyond that if you have UMD get a good epic staff. If you don't have UMD, put one rank in (or 1/2 if you don't have it as a class skill) and then get a +20 UMD item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

5. - Top - End - #5

ClericGuy

There is a high level spell, level 7 I think, call greater dimensional hop that allows the caster to teleport at least 20 feet as a swift action for so many rounds. With that much gold you could get a slotless, or a foot, item that would basically be skirmish forever
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Um. I think you can easily replicate some spellcasting with that much gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #7

DwarfClericGuy

IT'S A TRAP!

If I had that much gold, I'd save up a decent chunk of it. There's just no way you get that much wealth and don't have a DM that nails you with Disjunction on the first outing.

That being said, you need to make sure to nab wands/crystals/somethings of Gravestrike, Golemstrike, and Vinestrike, so you can sneak attack things normally immune to such things. A lone rank in UMD plus a device of +20 UMD makes it so.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Greater Demolition and Truedeath weapon crystals from the MIC will allow you to sneak attack constructs and Undead, respectively.

There's also a weapon enchantment in Races of the Wild called blurstrike, which for 10 rounds per day allows you to count your foe as flat-footed for the first attack you make each round, but that isn't all that impressive.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Just a clarifier: I'm at level 27. I want to spend ALL OF THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tael View Post
    With that kind of money you can buy a permanent non-slotted item of Supreme Invisibility, and enough Belt of Battles to use every round in every fight and still have some left over. Seriously, 3 million GP is ridiculous. I hope you already bought +5 tomes for all stats and a Belt of Magnificence.
    137,500*5=687,500 (I dumped Str)

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Mantle of Epic spell resistance is great until level 23 or so. 1.2 million, 32 SR I think.

Beyond that if you have UMD get a good epic staff. If you don't have UMD, put one rank in (or 1/2 if you don't have it as a class skill) and then get a +20 UMD item.
    UMD maxed out! Got it! Everything else! Ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by jguy View Post
    There is a high level spell, level 7 I think, call greater dimensional hop that allows the caster to teleport at least 20 feet as a swift action for so many rounds. With that much gold you could get a slotless, or a foot, item that would basically be skirmish forever
    I believe there is a psionic item that does much the same.. I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Um. I think you can easily replicate some spellcasting with that much gold.
    I totally can. That's half the plan. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk7915 View Post
    IT'S A TRAP!

If I had that much gold, I'd save up a decent chunk of it. There's just no way you get that much wealth and don't have a DM that nails you with Disjunction on the first outing.

That being said, you need to make sure to nab wands/crystals/somethings of Gravestrike, Golemstrike, and Vinestrike, so you can sneak attack things normally immune to such things. A lone rank in UMD plus a device of +20 UMD makes it so.
    Right! On the to do list. Maybe make them Eternal?

Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    Greater Demolition and Truedeath weapon crystals from the MIC will allow you to sneak attack constructs and Undead, respectively.

There's also a weapon enchantment in Races of the Wild called blurstrike, which for 10 rounds per day allows you to count your foe as flat-footed for the first attack you make each round, but that isn't all that impressive.
    MIC crystals. Look into. Everything else... Discard..

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How on earth did you get that much money?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I think that might actually be WBL for a level 27.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

ring of blinking + ranged attacks ?? profit ?

or ring of blink + tons of flasks, since ranged touch attacks are better than ranged attacks, you also don't care about DR only for resistances.

Note: with quick draw you could possibly check out the visual effects of your flasks & if you notice the creature has some kind of resistance then change flasks, also in this scenario, being a strongheart halfling is a good idea..

a lvl of wizard ( conjuror ), will give you nerveskitter ,& golemstrike as a swift action, a fighter feat in place of scribe scroll, & a abrupt jaunt instead of familiar

a lvl of cleric willl give you grave strike & 2 domain powers!!! or trade them for devotions.

13. - Top - End - #13

Keep in mind that there's a limit of one weapon crystal per weapon, so you can't have both on one weapon.

Collar of Umbral Metamophosis(Greater) from Tome of Magic grants you the the dark template from the same book. Bonuses to hide, move silently, and grants the ability Hide in Plain Sight except when in well lit areas. The hide skill helps you sneak attack people, right?

Pumping bluff through magic items might also be a good idea for feinting, but that is less than optimal unless you have a way to reduce the action from a standard.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DythTheKobold View Post
    Just a clarifier: I'm at level 27. I want to spend ALL OF THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    WBL, frighteningly enough...

Continuous Superior Invisibility and +6 item and +5 tome to all stats are the obvious choice to start with, and take up a decent chunk. At lvl 27, as a rogue-type, you should have a dex of ~28, for a +9 bonus. Add 31 ranks of Tumble and you have a +40 bonus, enough to auto-pass the Tumble check for a 10-foot step. Combined with Superior Invisibility. Boom, your attacks should always, always have both Skirmish and Sneak Attack on every attack. For extra redundancy, grab Pierce Magical Concealment and its prereq, then make sure you have a Ring of Blink and a Ring of Freedom of Movement. We've spent a decent portion of your WBL now and it's basically impossible to deny you any of your Class Features at this point. So, the rest is just gravy; grab some good defensive spells in Wand or Scroll (or, if good enough, At-will item) form and some way to have continuous Nondetection, Mind Blank and True Seeing and you should have every major base covered. Spend the other ~1.2 million on weapons, armour, etc. Then pray that having a character with all the best pre-Epic defenses money can buy and peerless ranged damage potential won't be made irrelevent by Epic Spellcasting cheese.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Where... where are you going to purchase these things? Is there a convenient Super Epic Mega Items stand outside of Sigil or something? I'm more interested in the vendor than what you plan on buying at this point...

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by CockroachTeaParty View Post
    Where... where are you going to purchase these things? Is there a convenient Super Epic Mega Items stand outside of Sigil or something? I'm more interested in the vendor than what you plan on buying at this point...
    Presumably he's gathered it through his career as an adventurer up until now. But I agree, it does look a bit silly, especially since it's (probably) an entire party with the same power level. That's almost an entire continent's worth of money on each character, depending on the setting of course.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unrelated, but if you're 27th level, you absolutely have to look at the Battledance feat (Cha mod to attack, reflex saves, and AC). That will help those sneak attacks hit, even if you started with a 10 charisma.
    "Live to the point of tears." ~ Albert Camus
    Avatar by Josh L., used with permission

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Wand of wish? Scrolls of wail of the banshee?
    A belt of timestop?
    Just check out the spell compendium and the MiC (for pricing guides)and start brewing.

Just think yourself as Batman, the hero, not the wizard.
    Get a lair, get a butler, get a utilitybelt of DOOM!
    Last edited by Escheton; 2010-11-10 at 05:17 AM.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

19. - Top - End - #19

PirateGirl

If not using Pierce Magical Concealment, there's a 'Force' ranged weapon enhancement (+2 BPB, ignore ethereal-vs-material miss b/c it's a force effect, with other nice properties like ignoring all DR!). It works well with a Ring of Blinking both to ignore the miss chance, and because blink lets you ranged sneak attack most foes. 'Force' is also a nice way to bypass DR /epic without the ridiculous 10x cost increase of epic weapons.

Once you have that (and-or the aforementioned Superior Invisibility approach), and a Use Magic Device mod of 19 or better, pick up many wands of Sniper's Shot (L1 swift spell, no range limits on sneak attack for that round.) Now you can sneak attack at more than 30'. Aside from the obvious benefits of more range, many anti-invisibility abilities have range limits, including True Seeing, most Blindsight, and the ability of ethereal creatures to see into the material plane. The See Invis spell has no range limit.

Pick up several copies of the boots of speed (10 rounds of haste for 12K, free action to active one-round increments) to be hasted all the time. Also use a new belt of battle for each fight, with the caveat that sniper's shot competes with it for your swift actions.
    Last edited by ffone; 2010-11-10 at 05:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

I'm in the same campaign, it seems. And it' really a lot of work, mostly because about 90% of epic items just don't seem worth it. I don't want to pay 640000 gold for a +8 item of strength... +6 just won't make much of a difference.

Anyway, I just went through MICs list of armour enhancement that cost a fixed money price and bougth them all. That helps a little.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Anyway, I just went through MICs list of armour enhancement that cost a fixed money price and bougth them all. That helps a little.
    How much money did it cost?
    More than 2M?

22. - Top - End - #22

Not really. I'll tell you when I get back home. Greater Energy Resistance to all types is pretty nice, comes to 330000.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Please list the total stat of that armor. You would not want miss something, also I just gotta see that.

On the whole "ways to get sneak attack thing":

1 Make an item that allows you to cast snipers shot every turn as a swift action.
    2 Make a higher level version of "gloves of the uldra savant"( the one that casts the ranged touch attack cantrip at will" and sneak attack with prismatic rays or something.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
    But I agree, it does look a bit silly, especially since it's (probably) an entire party with the same power level. That's almost an entire continent's worth of money on each character, depending on the setting of course.
    Epic-level DnD silly? How unexpected!

If a tree falls in the forest and the PCs aren't around to hear it... what do I roll to see how loud it is?

Is 3.5 a fried-egg, chili-chutney sandwich?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

An at-will item of Limited Wish would be cheap at this point and provide a fair amount of versatility.
    If a tree falls in a forest, the Druid will make sure you hear about it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

3 million gold, huh? Fund a Wizard's Academy, recruit several high-level mages. Maybe offer some perks; automatic tenure, access to funding and research, lifetime front-row seats to the Bardic Orchestra. Let them figure out the answer to all your problems.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

After you buy all of that start your own tavern and hire your own party of adventurers to do your dirty work for you. In a much lower level campaign we did something similar except it was dwarven lemonade that we sold and all that money was a major illusion and we didn't realize it until the entire city except for the dwarves wanted to kill us (the dwarven loyalty was bought with xxxxx proof lemonade)
    May all praise the oh so glorious, oh so benevolent oh so androgynous Sam!

28. - Top - End - #28

I revise my previous suggestions. Screw everything else, with that much money, you could buy 166 Slot-less Belts of Battle.
    Alternatively, become a caster and buy yourself 100 Orange Prism Ioun Stones, for a straight up +100 to caster level.

But seriously, get a bunch of slotless Amulets of Second Chances, 10 or so, for a great panic button. Investing in Lavender Ellipsoid Ioun Stones might also be a good idea. Freedom of Movement and True Seeing are also obvious givens, as is Mind Blank. A few slotless Boots of Temporal Acceleration are also good for pretty much everything.

29. - Top - End - #29

I ran the numbers on my armour:

579'700 GP for:

Greater Acid Resistance (66000)
    Greater Cold Resistance (66000)
    Greater electricity Resistance (66000)
    Etherealness 49000
    Glamered 2700
    Shadow, Greater 33750
    Silent Moves, Greater 33750
    Slick, Greater 33750
    Sonic Resistance, Greater 66000
    Agility, Greater 12500
    Balance, greater 33750
    Bane blind: Humanoid (Human) 15000
    Bane blind: Fey 15000
    Bane blind: Outsiders (lawful) 15000
    called 2000
    Daylight 3000
    Deepdweller 12000
    Healing, Greater 24000
    Landing 4000
    Quickness 5000
    Stamina, Greater 12500
    woodwalk 9000

That's not quite every enhancement, as I didn't need some due to other abilities replicating them.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

And which of those prevend an epic rust monster or ooze from destroying it?
    On that note: what material?

Handy links: