New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default GITP "The Town": The book

Alright, I suddenly thought of this idea while I was on a plane back home today. Sneak, Supagoof, and I (Sorry if I you were there too, us three are the only ones I remember) were once talking about making the Town into a Movie, or at least a book. Well, I've decided I want to write a book about the stuff going on in the town.

I'm not going to do this though, without the permission of people, so, if you want your character to be in my book, then I'm going to need some help.

Please tell me:

Character's Name
    Description of Character (especially if it's not your avatar)
    Your character's usual personallity
    Any weapons your character uses

optional: If there is any special way you want your character to first enter the town, please describe it for me.

ANY AND PREFERABLY ALL MAJOR PLOTS YOUR CHARACTER HAS BEEN IN.

I'll also need a description of those plots. I'll be changing some of the stuff around, like the fights, but I want to keep the plots as close to how they were on here as I can.

Thanks to all who help. Even more thanks to Supagoof and Sneak, for sparking the idea into my head.

Work done so far:

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mlamar/Storiesmain.html <--hit the bottom link, that's all I've gotten so far on the story...this will be a long process.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/towncomic/index.html <-- We're up and running!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GITP "The Town": The book

Gezina van den Vechte
    my avi
    You know that

The dark god one
    The one that's buzy now (about Askera the archlich, me lozing my powers and transforming into a vampire)
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

3. - Top - End - #3

I think that if you're doing the book you should do the research of what storylines have transpired. Otherwise you'll have people telling you a thousand times over about being in storyline x and what it entailed.

edit: and I was actually thinking about turning the Town into it's own comic (getting approval, of course)...though I guess a book works.

4. - Top - End - #4

True, but I'd also rather have the multiple points of view. Normally when I'm writing, I always write from one POV. In this case, it'd be Kyrian, but I don't want that. I want to write from everybody's point of view.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Fenric

I avi-play (in other words, that's me)

Chaotic Mischevious. Technically "evil", but not in the classical sense.
    Chaos far outweighs evil. I tend to be a bit impulsive.

I am a spell-weaver. I have studied not only spells, but the components
    of spells, and further the properties that make the components do what
    they do.

I think you've been in everything I have...

- the big polymorph wand thingy
    - Sneak gets his powers back
    - The kobold pursuit of Llama
    - My own Shadow Fox story
    - Wukei's nasty double

6. - Top - End - #6

Rilik

Formerly human ghost, stuck in a construct's body. Very chaotic, has some mysterious runes on his chest that glow whenever powerful (non-godly) magic is used. Worships Banjo.

Storylines which I participated in:

-- Part of Eldoran fighting with Hawkeye --
    -- Evil Lawyer going around town --
    -- Dark Saiyan Saga --
    -- Sneak getting his god powers back --
    -- Sugar-seeking Kobolds --
    -- Shadow Fox --
    -- Baa'te Storyline --

Update:

-- Rilik Returns --
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.

7. - Top - End - #7

So Wueki, is it ok to use your character then?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

8. - Top - End - #8
    The_Green_Balloon
    Guest in the Playground

Green Balloon
    Your average green balloon, expect the fact that it can use its string as a human would a hand.
    For a green balloon, Green Balloon is rather smart. He doesn't seem to talk much, but when he does its loud and clear. ;D Green balloon recently opened a ice cream shop.

NOTE: Please don't use this chacater in any book (Through, I doubt you would want to ;D )

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a good idea, but I'm afraid I'd have to ask that none of the characters I've used in the Town appear in said book, as they're already heavily involved in a book I'm already writing. Good luck!

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold Who

Time traveling kobold currently marrooned in the Town

Plots I was involved in-
    The Dark God thing
    The 2nd Incarnation&&The Trog\'s Tavern Menu&&27/7/06 - I looted the old town and all I got was this dumb sig&&Alpha Beta Omega

11. - Top - End - #11

Of course, I don't mind. The character's basically me, were I to live in the 1600s...so be gentle with her...

And of course, feel free to use Loki, too. Not that Loki himself is my property, but this version of him is. ^.~

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel Kleyvanacavth
    It's a good idea, but I'm afraid I'd have to ask that none of the characters I've used in the Town appear in said book, as they're already heavily involved in a book I'm already writing. Good luck!

Alright, so no saving Nethy plotline...gotcha, good luck to you too!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackFox (wow, how creative)
    BlackFox is not a fox, although she appears to be a small black fox, she's an elf whose attempts to polymorph El J into something small, slimy, and miserable bounced back on her. She's a thief with a short temper, but she doesn't attack or even steal without provocation. With the exception of El Jaspero, of course. You know, The Feud and all that. Her main weapons are a flaming dagger, a vampiric dagger, and a black dagger (dagger of stabbification), and a modified crossbow that shoots daggers. Her leather armor doubles as a Handy Haversack, and she has numerous portable holes.
    My usual personality--Hyperactive/ADD, mischevious, random, though intelligent. Likes cats, obviously. Curious about everything, almost to the point of being nosy. Likes fireballs and other things that explode noisily. Paranoid, but not to a point of insanity.

PLOTS:
    --Sneak losing his powers and getting them back (gave him the idea of bringing Entreri here in the first place)
    --That evil lawyer, Hellion's alter ego (let my cat friends attack him and even conspired with El J to poison him)
    --Dark Sayian plot (Kyrian knows about this)
    --Gorutharamus (again, Kyrian knows about this)
    --My own plot (I want to turn back into an elf already)
    --The Feud (need I say more?)

The Elf:
    The elf is... an elf... who mysteriously turned up in the town at the end of July. She is some kind of ninja-rogue-stealthy-take-your-money person, though no one could really pin down a class for her. She seems to have some kind of personal grudge against pirates, and has taken it out on El Jaspero, since he's the only real pirate in town. She uses ordinary-looking daggers as her main weapons, although rumor has it she has been seen once or twice with a crossbow. She wears leather armor with pockets all around it. She has been seen casting spells off scrolls occasionally.
    Her usual personality is that of an emotional, hotheaded, surly teenager. She likes to take apart/carve banjoes and other worthless pieces of crap, as well as whatever Lykan can make for her. She's pretty suspicious of just about everyone, although she appears to extend some measure of trust to Kyrian and possibly Lykan.

PLOTS:
    The elf isn't involved in much, however, she does like to rob dragons:
    --Dragon in the Dark: The quest to regain Kantur's sword (and other shiny things.)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

I am El Jaspero, Pirate King and former bardtender at Trog's Tavern, always ready with a bit of advice or just friendly chatter. It's not clear how the Tavern made any money since I only took money for them when people remembered to pay me and I tended to drink more than most of the customers. Prior to my death and return as Saint Jaspero I was almost never seen outside the Tavern.

As can be seen at left I'm a one-eyed pirate with a banjo. The only themes I've been significantly involved in are the Tavern itself and, of course, The Feud. Normally level-headed and mature, I do have the habit of yelling "No blasters! No blasters!" when a fight breaks out in the Tavern, which tends to happen quite frequently. I hate musical theatre, cats, and foxes. If pinned down on an alignment, I am Neutral Good.

Edit:

As it turns out, I've done a few plots after all:

-St. Jaspero, wherein I died when Trog's burned to the ground and returned as the town's fairly ineffective patron saint after recovering the One Dashing Straw Boater To Rule Them All. Through the misguided efforts of Trog and BlackFox I was restored to mortal flesh, but lost my bartender's job to Kantur.

-The Liza Jane: having now recaptured my beloved frigate with the aid of a band of friends, I now go on occasional adventures at sea.

-The Admiral and the Pirate: A former apprentice, now a sworn enemy, has come back into my life. After two grueling, bloody duels, I discovered the truth about Ceika; after Kyrian saved her life, our third meeting resulted in a reconcilation and we are now close friends.

-The Ship Master: In an even stranger turn, I have recently become reacquainted with my own mentor, who is now living in secrecy.

-Lykan and Mhina in Rome: I mostly went along for the fun, but did help repel a boarding assault by two pirate skyships and even killed the villainous captain.

-The Pirate King in Love: Look around. You'll figure it out.

-I will also soon be developing the threads for the Fourth War of Haberdashery

NASCRAG Judge in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Inner Circle

pirate-man founder me love thog!

Sneak. A. Tar.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

name: asgard
    look at my avvy
    aloof, chaotic (extremelly) neutrall , arrogant
    the "murder" of kantur over a religious game of darts...it's happening right now.
    head of the Following of Baa'Te
    helped (for a little while) sneak get his powers back
    helped hide wukei (real one)
    tried to kill evil wukei
    REALLY likes ginger beer
    sneak's #1 fan
    member of the sith
    was killed outside of house
    goblin riot
    in love with paige
    killed orange zergling
    &&

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Sneak
    Aliases: Locke, Puss In Boots, Don Sneak

Description: Look at avatar. Small, light brown colored tabby cat with black stripes.

Sometimes seen wearing trenchcoat and hat, possibly with dark sunglasses. Once spotted with mustache.

Personality: Funny, furious, friendly, firey, furry, fantastically fabulous feline fuzzball. Caustic, creative, cat. Completely insane.

Plots: Lost god powers due to being stabbed by Entreri. Got them back after stabbing Entreri. They all lived happily ever after.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot the alignment: Chaotic Sneak.

EDIT2: Occuption: God. Former Mafia boss and evil criminal mastermind. Thought of becoming a hero.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kantur
    It's just as my standard avatar.

Fairly friendly, though can have off days. And part of his friendlyness seems inversly proportional to how alive he is (i.e. dead, more friendly, alive, not so) If one of the nine alignments - Chaotic Neutral.

Plots - The murder of me over a game of darts. (obviously)
    The Military Sector of the Church of Banjo (Not that much military has been done yet...)
    Hellion's one which should be coming to fruition soon - The Order of the Dark Blade.
    And bit parts/appearances in a few others.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Death; Your friend the reaper

Is the avatar, but he can often be seen in two ways, the more formal or less formal. Most formal is with the scythe and aura of darkness. Has skelton hands altho that is the only part of the body you can see.
    ((he is basically Death personified/ god Death))
    On less formal occasions he can be seen rockin' on his guitar, or with his guitar on his back, scythe in one hand and a death-o-licious ginger beer in the other ((i have made a point to have only ordered one thing else if i remember correctly)).

Death is rather relaxed, enjoys the company of cats, ((that may be a trademark of Terry Prachet :P))
    Dosen't get involed in fights and shows of strength, Enjoys talking with friends and often trys to study the human way of thinking with little success...

Death has only been in the well of souls plot, although he is often seen around others like Amirias and Wukies and some of Trogs Marvels. He plays a spectator mostly observing the battles from the sidelines ((so he is in most, just dosen't play a main part :P)).

Death's friend is Captain Jack Sparrow
    As in moive for personality and description and i have the avatar if you still neeed help.

Hits on the librarian due to a accidental stab that jack claims he probably "deserved". He has been using chessey pickuplines on her ever since.

He was involved with burning down the police station due to stealing Trogs ale, running into the wall on accident and out smarting ((yeah right :P)) Trog and locking him in.

Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

sneak should be the main character
    &&

20. - Top - End - #20

Yeah, that might eschew things a little. I think Kyrian wanted it to be snippets from different people's observations.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

that'd be cool...like different chapters are different people's perspectives?
    &&

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gah! Start this without me, will you!?

Lykan

Tis my avatar. But technically the left arm is golemic. Green force armor, dark green cloak, gray fur.

Look at my sig. That pretty much explaines it.

Current plots:
    - Kidnapped [but by who? Dun-dun-dun-DUUUNNN!!!!]
    - Planar twins [anyone whos ever been to the milkbar at least once knows what Im talking about]
    - God scorned [almost every god in the cosmos wants him dead, so they send avatars regularly to try and kil him]
    - Artificer shop and Airship [ussual locations of the 29 other crewmembers who we all dont reall know. bound to give into a major plott sometime...]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe a chapter of me being inside the dark god, be sure to make it creepy. Yeah, it would be great to have the chapter about the dark god be from the inside.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaka Claws
    Sneak
    Aliases: Locke, Puss In Boots, Don Sneak

Description: Look at avatar. Small, light brown colored tabby cat with black stripes.

Sometimes seen wearing trenchcoat and hat, possibly with dark sunglasses. Once spotted with mustache.

Personality: Funny, furious, friendly, firey, furry, fantastically fabulous feline fuzzball. Caustic, creative, cat. Completely insane.

Plots: Lost god powers due to being stabbed by Entreri. Got them back after stabbing Entreri. They all lived happily ever after.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot the alignment: Chaotic Sneak.

EDIT2: Occuption: God. Former Mafia boss and evil criminal mastermind. Thought of becoming a hero.

First off, thank you all for adding your info. I've quoted Sneak, because I especially hoped he'd approve and allow use of his Character, plus, I know just how to act like him...poke fun at Kyrian until Kyrian attacks ;D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Drackcove
    A well groomed orc with light colored skin.
    personality: polite but unsure how to treat the town now that he's moved in. Hes warm hearted and trying to help others out but gets confused as rules are funny in town.

plothooks: new guy and opened up a gentlemens club/(large amounts of shadow based attacks seem to be based around him, no explanation yet on how it happened)

When libris began killing people, drackcove managed to not only find the awnser to what was going on, but appears to have destroyed ender by using the other two books of the draconian trident to eliminate ender.

12thlvl spirit shaman/3 lvl samurai/1 sorccerer
    When life gets you down, nothing seems to go right, or you just cant find something, remember this... Got Ale?

-Dwarven Life Style

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

He does that to me, too. Oh yeah, I'm kinda paranoid. I'll add that to my original entry. Kyrian, if you need specifics on anything, PM me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jaspero
    Normally level-headed and mature, I do have the habit of yelling "No blasters! No blasters!" when a fight breaks out in the Tavern, which tends to happen quite frequently.
    Forgive me if my language offends, but WHAT THE HELL!?! Are you completely insane, or just a pathological liar? *glares at bartender*
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFox
    He does that to me, too. Oh yeah, I'm kinda paranoid. I'll add that to my original entry. Kyrian, if you need specifics on anything, PM me about it.

Forgive me if my language offends, but WHAT THE HELL!?! Are you completely insane, or just a pathological liar? *glares at bartender*
    Yeah, El Jaspero, you did get drunk while building a ship, and help Rilik use molotov cocktails on a group of grouthles.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Emperor Indurain.
    Appearance is similar to avatar...basically naked. He's got 20 Charisma, so he's quite attractive despite the way everyone reacts to his "new clothes". The hair on his head is short and spiked.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Major Plots - The current one involving Siri and her wand of random polymorph.

Anything else you need to know, feel free to PM me.
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

29. - Top - End - #29

Also, does anybody have any close contact with any of the mods? I'd like to have this thread stickied if possible. I'd like anybody and everybody to see it. And you don't even have to play in the Town threads, if you want your character in my book, just give me a description for it, and I'll figure something out for you.

PS All the Mods are AWESOME!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kipper CabbageTheif
    4 feet 2 inches- tall for its race. Kipper has gray hair, and wears primaraly green. the kender also has green eyes of various shades depending on the mood of the artist.
    CabbageTheif, or CT, appears to be like all other kenders- childish, talkative, sometimes annoying, sometimes to curious for its own good. (s)he is also perceptive, sometimes having insites that others miss. although no wizard by any means, this insite allows for occassionally good ideas. the downside to the kender is that it is not good in a fight, relying on the travle and protection domains from its god to help avoid conflict. when angered, the kender becomes much quieter, much calmer, but still keeps with avoiding head on conflicts.
    in a nutshell, Kipper would hire an assassin to kill itself to feel what its like out of curiosity, but also carry through an enemies assassination out of revenge, and never was caught.

the kender was never deeply involved with any plots, but played backup cleric for
    dark cloud
    sayins fights (spanning over a few weeks against various characters)
    minor anti-dragon, when the army first invaded
    any incident that happened in the milk bar i was mildly involved in, if nothing more than the owner running around shouting "dont break that!!"
    the ball
    the polymorph thing (duh-see avatar)