New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

Here's my first character submission, partially filling our lack of Sith.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Darth Ignis, A.K.A. Rath Csassos
    Species: Chiss
    Height: 2 Meters
    Weight: 175 ibs.
    Hair: Gleaming Black
    Eyes: Red

Appearance: Darth Ignis is a very intimidating figure. He is tall, and quite clearly in excellent physical condition, possessing a healthy musculature while retaining a lean, speedy frame. He carries himself with the deadly grace of a predator, and his gaze is piercing and analytical. His expression is usually controlled and unreadable, but he puts no great effort into maintaining this facade and his emotions often break through. He dresses in black, complete with a long cloak, and he carries a ring of nine lightsabers around his belt.

Personality: To Darth Ignis, strength is everything. It is why he became a Sith, it is the ideal he has devoted his life to, and it is the only thing in the galaxy that he respects. In his view, the Sith promote strength above all else; in a galaxy ruled by them, the strong would thrive and the weak would become strong, or perish. This is his ultimate ideal, and it is the reason that he fights. Beyond this, Ignis is loyal, courageous, and utterly ruthless. He also loves fighting.

History: Very little is known of the Chiss named Rath. Why he left the Ascendancy, what his lineage is, and the events that shaped him into the person he is today are all unknown. He came to Korriban as a youth, arriving in an advanced Ascendancy starfighter, probably stolen, and immediately joined a Sith Academy. Rath soon proved to already have the mindset of a Sith, and picked up many of the lessons taught to him with ease, particularly the ones related to lightsaber training and combat. He struggled, however, in the force, as his ability to use it was highly erratic. Despite this difficulty, Rath was considered one of the top members of his class.

With some difficulty, Rath ultimately overcame all of the harsh challenges presented to Sith Apprentices, and took his place as a full member of the Sith, receiving the name Darth Ignis. He immediately went to the front lines of the war, and quickly established a reputation as a ferocious and powerful combatant. Over time, his reputation has only grown, and he has gained a measure of notoriety among the Jedi, of whom he has killed seven.

Powers: Darth Ignis is primarily a combat oriented Sith, and his skill in the Force is somewhat lacking. He is weak in Control and Sense, but, unusually, strong in Alter, possessing a natural affinity for it. Ignis connection to the Force is entirely based on his emotional state; while calm, he is incredibly weak, but as his emotions rise, so does his power. He possesses the following Force powers:

Telekinesis: While calm, Ignis can lift around 15 pounds of material. While at an emotional peak, he can lift almost 600, or exert equivalent force.

Force Sense: Ignis is decently in sensing the Force, but doesn't stand out.

Force Ignition: A unique ability of Ignis, and the power that likely earned him his moniker. Ignis is capable of using the force to start fires and manipulate existing flames. At its highest power level, it can create large blazes, but most of the time Ignis uses it to wreath himself or his weapons in flames or launch small fireballs, as higher uses are both inconsistent and exhausting.

Force Crush: This technique uses the Force to compress a target from all sides, or target a specific limb for severe damage. The level of damage inflicted depends on how focused Ignis is and how emotional he is when using the technique.

Equipment: Ignis generally travels lightly, but keeps survival gear in his ship. He still uses the same ship that he possessed during his youth, a sleek Chiss starfighter named Fire-Bat. Although it was cutting edge years ago, it has become somewhat outdated. Despite this, it is by no means ready for the scrap heap, and its performance is still on par with most modern ships. Ignis also always carries his lightsabers with him. His two personal lightsabers are identical, made of a black metal and highly polished. He also carries with him seven other lightsabers of varying make, trophies taken from Jedi he has slain in battle. He will not use these lightsabers for any reason, even to save his life.

Abilities: Ignis is an extraordinarily deadly combatant, and his fighting skill is impressive by any measure. Ignis uses two lightsabers in combat, and has advanced knowledge of the Jar Kai style. He uses a particularly aggressive form of Jar Kai, keeping up a continuous assault on his enemies until their defenses buckle under repeated blows. While he is most skilled in Jar Kai, Ignis is also well practiced with Juyo and Djem So, which influence his Jar Kai combat and are directly used by him when fighting with a single blade. Finally, Ignis is also highly trained and experienced in unarmed combat. In battle, Ignis will usually fight unarmed, preferring to save his lightsabers for worthy opponents.

Ignis is able to take care of himself, and can remain self sufficient in most environments. He is also a decently skilled pilot.

There are a few areas that might be questionable, so I can understand if someone has a problem.

My next character is going to be a Jedi, but I don't know if I want to make him a Padawan or a full Knight. Does anyone have a recommendation?
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-01-02 at 11:53 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Here's my first character submission, partially filling our lack of Sith.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Darth Ignis, A.K.A. Rath Csassos
    Species: Chiss
    Height: 2 Meters
    Weight: 175 ibs.
    Hair: Gleaming Black
    Eyes: Red

Appearance: Darth Ignis is a very intimidating figure. He is tall, and quite clearly in excellent physical condition, possessing a healthy musculature while retaining a lean, speedy frame. He carries himself with the deadly grace of a predator, and his gaze is piercing and analytical. His expression is usually controlled and unreadable, but he puts no great effort into maintaining this facade and his emotions often break through. He dresses in black, complete with a long cloak, and he carries a ring of nine lightsabers around his belt.

Personality: To Darth Ignis, strength is everything. It is why he became a Sith, it is the ideal he has devoted his life to, and it is the only thing in the galaxy that he respects. In his view, the Sith promote strength above all else; in a galaxy ruled by them, the strong would thrive and the weak would become strong, or perish. This is his ultimate ideal, and it is the reason that he fights. Beyond this, Ignis is loyal, courageous, and utterly ruthless. He also loves fighting.

History: Very little is known of the Chiss named Rath. Why he left the Ascendancy, what his lineage is, and the events that shaped him into the person he is today are all unknown. He came to Korriban as a youth, arriving in an advanced Ascendancy starfighter, probably stolen, and immediately joined a Sith Academy. Rath soon proved to already have the mindset of a Sith, and picked up many of the lessons taught to him with ease, particularly the ones related to lightsaber training and combat. He struggled, however, in the force, as his ability to use it was highly erratic. Despite this difficulty, Rath was considered one of the top members of his class.

With some difficulty, Rath ultimately overcame all of the harsh challenges presented to Sith Apprentices, and took his place as a full member of the Sith, receiving the name Darth Ignis. He immediately went to the front lines of the war, and quickly established a reputation as a ferocious and powerful combatant. Over time, his reputation has only grown, and he has gained a measure of notoriety among the Jedi, of whom he has killed seven.

Powers: Darth Ignis is primarily a combat oriented Sith, and his skill in the Force is somewhat lacking. He is weak in Control and Sense, but, unusually, strong in Alter, possessing a natural affinity for it. Ignis connection to the Force is entirely based on his emotional state; while calm, he is incredibly weak, but as his emotions rise, so does his power. He possesses the following Force powers:

Telekinesis: While calm, Ignis can lift around 15 pounds of material. While at an emotional peak, he can lift almost 200, or exert equivalent force.

Force Sense: Ignis is decently in sensing the Force, but doesn't stand out.

Force Ignition: A unique ability of Ignis, and the power that likely earned him his moniker. Ignis is capable of using the force to start fires and manipulate existing flames. At its highest power level, it can create large blazes, but most of the time Ignis uses it to wreath himself or his weapons in flames or launch small fireballs, as higher uses are both inconsistent and exhausting.

Force Crush: This technique uses the Force to compress a target from all sides, or target a specific limb for severe damage. The level of damage inflicted depends on how focused Ignis is and how emotional he is when using the technique.

Equipment: Ignis generally travels lightly, but keeps survival gear in his ship. He still uses the same ship that he possessed during his youth, a sleek Chiss starfighter named Fire-Bat. Although it was cutting edge years ago, it has become somewhat outdated. Despite this, it is by no means ready for the scrap heap, and its performance is still on par with most modern ships. Ignis also always carries his lightsabers with him. His two personal lightsabers are identical, made of a black metal and highly polished. He also carries with him seven other lightsabers of varying make, trophies taken from Jedi he has slain in battle. He will not use these lightsabers for any reason, even to save his life.

Abilities: Ignis is an extraordinarily deadly combatant, and his fighting skill is impressive by any measure. Ignis uses two lightsabers in combat, and has advanced knowledge of the Jar Kai style. He uses a particularly aggressive form of Jar Kai, keeping up a continuous assault on his enemies until their defenses buckle under repeated blows. While he is most skilled in Jar Kai, Ignis is also well practiced with Juyo and Djem So, which influence his Jar Kai combat and are directly used by him when fighting with a single blade. Finally, Ignis is also highly trained and experienced in unarmed combat. In battle, Ignis will usually fight unarmed, preferring to save his lightsabers for worthy opponents.

Ignis is able to take care of himself, and can remain self sufficient in most environments. He is also a decently skilled pilot.

There are a few areas that might be questionable, so I can understand if someone has a problem.

My next character is going to be a Jedi, but I don't know if I want to make him a Padawan or a full Knight. Does anyone have a recommendation?
    That depends. Do you want to have a master hanging over his shoulder? A Padawan isn't left unattended, you know. Even Anakin, when he was, was only left on his own because his mission was supposed to be so ridiculously easy a trained monkey could do it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    That depends. Do you want to have a master hanging over his shoulder? A Padawan isn't left unattended, you know. Even Anakin, when he was, was only left on his own because his mission was supposed to be so ridiculously easy a trained monkey could do it.
    That's part of what I'm trying to figure out.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    See, the problem was that his Master assumed Anakin was as intelligent as a trained monkey.

Anyways.

@Dorizzit: I like the Sith. Sounds like a very interesting opponent. Again, I'd love to see him and Marcus fight sometime.

Though, I'm thinking we need to have people with force-users, or at least Jedi/Sith, indicate somewhere on the sheet what their Focus is, be it Combat, Force, or Balanced. Since "Guardian" and "Consular" are Jedi-only terms. Just a random thought; this guy looks combat-focused.

As for Knight/Padawan...Well, if you want to deal with the Master always being around, Padawan works fine. Probably best if you have someone you think you'll work well with. Otherwise, Knight.

@Kuroimaken: Hm. Still, if he fights someone who's using a lightsaber, or a weapon that can resist being cut by one, he needs leverage. 2 meters is still about 6 and a half feet, as long as a tall human. 3 meters is almost 10 feet. I could see, maybe, 2 meters working. Maybe.

Maybe, instead of having it able to grow extra, have them "default" to something like 1.5 or 1.6 meters (that's about 5 feet of blade), but he can dial them down in increments, or at least has a few settings that scale down to something like a gladius in size (about 1.5 feet).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    See, the problem was that his Master assumed Anakin was as intelligent as a trained monkey.

Anyways.

@Dorizzit: I like the Sith. Sounds like a very interesting opponent. Again, I'd love to see him and Marcus fight sometime.

Though, I'm thinking we need to have people with force-users, or at least Jedi/Sith, indicate somewhere on the sheet what their Focus is, be it Combat, Force, or Balanced. Since "Guardian" and "Consular" are Jedi-only terms. Just a random thought; this guy looks combat-focused.

As for Knight/Padawan...Well, if you want to deal with the Master always being around, Padawan works fine. Probably best if you have someone you think you'll work well with. Otherwise, Knight.

@Kuroimaken: Hm. Still, if he fights someone who's using a lightsaber, or a weapon that can resist being cut by one, he needs leverage. 2 meters is still about 6 and a half feet, as long as a tall human. 3 meters is almost 10 feet. I could see, maybe, 2 meters working. Maybe.

Maybe, instead of having it able to grow extra, have them "default" to something like 1.5 or 1.6 meters (that's about 5 feet of blade), but he can dial them down in increments, or at least has a few settings that scale down to something like a gladius in size (about 1.5 feet).
    My point exactly.

Anyhoo.

What he might need to make up for the extra length would be a longer grip on both sabers.

Keep in mind that 2 meters is about the shorter end of a hoplite spear. A typical katana is just under 70 cm, depending on the wielder (not counting the hilt). 130 cm more is a lot of reach, but not something unwieldable, specially on a weapon with no noticeable weight except on the hilt. Most Odachi were between 168-178 cm tall, and perfectly usable on foot (though not in closed environments). 2 meters is just about an extra forearm's length.

As I said before, he wouldn't use both on the largest setting at once. That would be ridiculous.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. On the flip side, Marcus uses a dual-phase saber. So at least part of the equation is covered there. And if anyone's going to know how to get more training info, it'll be him.

On the flip flip side, Marcus one day running across this guy would be fun, too.
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll save that style for another Jedi. It's a much more deceptive style than I plan for my Padawan.

I think that's a good way to go about it. Except I'd say only 2 Force Powers.

So...Padawans get:
    -1 Decent, 2 Weak Force Aspects
    -2 Unique Force Powers
    -1 Combat Style

And don't limit yourself to just Shii-Cho, though throwing in elements of it is fine. Assume that he's been with Marcus for a few years (it's why his history has him graduating his last Padawan a decade ago) if you need to. But Marcus would have helped him learn...whatever style he wants, really, even if he had to go to another Jedi to help teach that one thing.
    My plan was to have elements of Shii-Cho just because it was the first thing he learned. But if he's been with Marcus for 10 years, probably not necessary. I'm thinking that he would probably have gotten a very basic education in the styles before being allowed to learn his own. I'm thinking probably either Form V or Form III most likely.

Oh, one thing to note: Your Padawan doesn't know Marcus uses Juyo. He's never seen him use more than maybe one or two moves (which wouldn't be enough to clue him in on it); instead, he uses Niman all the time. Same with Force Light; that's never been used in his presence. And your Padawan won't know he was a Jedi Shadow. He hasn't talked about that for nearly 30 years. The intent is that any Jedi under that age (30) would be shocked if he cut loose all the way.

...Any Sith that young would be in for a surprise as well.
    I only mentioned Juyo because its users tend to have a slightly more aggressive mindset than most, because the style fosters that kind of combat. Whereas my sense of the Ithorians is that they're incredibly peaceful-minded. My guess was that if it was in spoilers, my character would not know it existed.

As said above, you have up to 10 years to play with.

His teachings would be pretty broad, but you can assume his diplomacy and people reading skills were passed on. Marcus thinks they're critical tools for any Jedi. If asked, he'd teach his tracking skills (which your Padawan would know), but that wouldn't be automatic.

And between Niman having elements of the first 5 styles, and Marcus not being afraid to ask for help, I'd say you could justify any of the first 6 styles, or most of the more esoteric styles. He'd have subtly steered the kid away from Juyo, though.

Same goes for Force Powers that aren't Force Light. He'd have passed any of those on if the kid asked.

Basically, Marcus wants to help your Padawan be their own Jedi, not a mini-Marcus. So if the kid wants to be a Guardian, awesome. A Consular, rockin. Specialize in Form II? No problemo, kid. Want to be Marcus Alucard 2.0? Sure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At least the parts Marcus is willing to pass on so casually.
    Alrighty then. I'll look and see where this character wants to end up, then.

No.

Are you asking because of Marcus's "people-reading skills"? They're an example of a race that's not Human or Near-Human, but still has similar body type, can speak Common, etc, enough that he's decent at getting a read off of them, but not nearly as good as if it were a Human, or a member of his native race (those two he's equally awesome at reading). Bothans were the quickest example that came to mind of "Not Human or Near-Human, but still closer than Wookies".
    Ah, okay. Just wondering. The sentence seemed strange starting with Bothans as the race of choice.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, although I'm not playing a Miraluka, I'd say they should get Force Sight free of charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, although I'm not playing a Miraluka, I'd say they should get Force Sight free of charge.
    Yes, considering that is kind of what they have. Besides the fact that they're blind otherwise.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll save that style for another Jedi. It's a much more deceptive style than I plan for my Padawan.
    *Nods* Again, it could well make a good Sith. Or even just a Jedi. Either way.

My plan was to have elements of Shii-Cho just because it was the first thing he learned. But if he's been with Marcus for 10 years, probably not necessary. I'm thinking that he would probably have gotten a very basic education in the styles before being allowed to learn his own. I'm thinking probably either Form V or Form III most likely.
    Well, it doesn't have to be exactly 10 years. Just that that's your upper limit. Could be 2, could be 5, whatever you want, inside 10.

Those are both very solid forms, I'd say.

I only mentioned Juyo because its users tend to have a slightly more aggressive mindset than most, because the style fosters that kind of combat. Whereas my sense of the Ithorians is that they're incredibly peaceful-minded. My guess was that if it was in spoilers, my character would not know it existed.
    That's an accurate way to go about it

Really, I'd say that's a good rule for anyone, at least with this character sheet. Sub-spoilers like that (which I've marked on the sheet anyways) are items you should ask before you assume you know.

Alrighty then. I'll look and see where this character wants to end up, then.
    Sounds like a plan.

Ah, okay. Just wondering. The sentence seemed strange starting with Bothans as the race of choice.
    Hm. Possibly poor wording on my part as I set that example continuum up.

Edit: Yes. Miralaku get Force Sight for free. Even if they otherwise don't use the Force. The flip side is that they're, you know, blind.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-01-01 at 07:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I'll see how long is best. I'd imagine probably something like 7 years. Long enough for my Padawan to have learned something, but not long enough for him to be very close to taking the Trials.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfffffft. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
    *wipes tear*
    *hugs Talo*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks, I did my best to try and make him more ambiguous than a lot of Sith end up being. We'll see how it works out. A battle between him and Marcus would be really interesting, if circumstances allow it.

And yes, he is combat focused.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Considering you actually have Ithorians typically being pacifist as your first sentence, Kid Kris...

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am sad that my question was ignored. But oh well. Time for many Wookieepedia links. Greetings, all. I have never been interested in Force users. Or any kind of magic users from any setting. Here are a bunch of options.

An Assembler to be the owner of a cantina. I figured that he'd have a bunch of drones to handle the various jobs that need doing. Apparently, these guys can make their drones look however they want, and they can give them all kinds of personalities, although they'd prefer to avoid bestowing too much intelligence, so there could be all kinds of interesting NPC drones. As a character, he'd just stay in the cantina and probably sell information that his drones pick up.

A young Hutt that is a bit of a disappointment to his family and so is out to make it big. Aiming to claim a niche market, he stumbled upon Nirauan, where he met and recruited a Qom Jha and a Qom Qae. Those dudes are his pilots slash copilots slash gunners slash mechanics slash spies presumed to be pets, while he is mostly just a young and idealistic entrepreneur sort.

Also, although they didn't show up anywhere near the time that you people have chosen, I'm sure that the Ssi-Ruuk still existed. I have a slicer slash droid programmer one of these dudes. He'd come with one of those hare-brained and largely ineffective "This will totally work! Trust me!" con artist type dudes, leading him around. The con artist would be a Sljee that was captured by the Ssi-Ruu and turned into a pretty standard droid. He still has his personality, but now he feels compelled to do little household chores and stuff.

I like the eccentric sorts. I prefer Star Wars when it isn't too angsty or taking itself too seriously. But if those character ideas are too crazy for you, I also have a more standard Glottalphib ship for hire, a very Lawful Neutral t'landa Til bounty hunter, and a hilariously asexual Falleen diplomat sort of dude.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd be up for running a merc of some sort, though I can't decide between Trianii, Selonian, or human. Mostly I've watched the Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer one too many times and have a hankering for a guy with a cortosis-laced cybernetic arm with retractable vibroblades and possibly a ranged weapon of some sort. In any case, he could hang out with any smuggler character who feels like having some extra muscle on hand. He wouldn't be Force-sensitive in any case.

Given the era in question, if he's human I'm totally naming him Raynar Kun. No actual relation to Exar Kun, since the galaxy is a big place and families have had millenia to spread out, but just imagine the reactions he can get by playing up his name...
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

16. - Top - End - #166

Selonians are awesome. I actually have an idea for a Selonian mechanic, but he isn't as interesting as my other ideas. Anyways, if I ever make a Force user, he'll either just have one tiny little power that he barely understands and will otherwise just be a quirky little dude, or he'll be a superly powerful dude named Exar Pun, Dork Lord Of The Sith, and he'll be a hopefully hilarious parody sort.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2011-01-01 at 08:37 PM.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@TruorTupnm: Regarding your first set of concepts...

-The Assembler sounds...interesting. That'd give us 2 cantinas so far, with Attila's being the other one.

-The Hutt concept is interesting and promising.

-I'd personally vote against Ssi-Ruuk stuff getting mixed in at this time. Just a bit too far off track, if you see my meaning.

I don't think anyone here is going for overly "angsty", though probably serious, yes. I'm more for Star Wars adventures than SW parodies, myself.

The other three ideas there are too vague to comment on.

As for the barely powered Force User, that's not so bad.

"Exar Pun"...yeah, I'd have to ask that you not. Please.

@Wahrheit: Cyborg could be fun times.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

TruorTupnm: I've never been big on Force-users or magic users, either, so I know how that can feel, sometimes.
    I'm fond of the idea for the Hutt...but, then again, I have a weird fondness for Hutts in general, and the idea of a disappointment of one trying to make a name for himself makes my heart all tender and warm and fuzzy.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, first off, @TruorTupnm: WOW...I mean, WOW! How do you come up with this stuff?! I'm particularly a fan of quirky and out of the ordinary and original, so YES!! GIVE US CHARACTER SHEETS!!!

Secondly...what is going on up there?! Seriously, did we revise the Jedi rules again? What happened?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, I just had an idea for a Hutt who's completely legit. Quite charming, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

More like "refined" them. Clarified as well.

22. - Top - End - #172

Ah. Whoops. I did notice that the Hutt mechanic's place had a cantina attached, I just didn't know that the place had been expanded on besides, "There's a cantina." Well, if there are any other hub-like places that an Assembler could be useful, I could make one of those. Or mayhaps one cantina would be more for evil types, and one could be more for our heroes? Merely tossing ideas around.

For the Hutt, he'd be on the lookout for a slicer and slash or a chef, if anybody would be interested! Sounds as if this guy (and his cohorts, presumably) would be welcome. I'll throw some character sheets up.

Towards the Ssi-Ruuk, I wouldn't think that he'd be much to worry about. He'd be comparatively small and weak, for his race, the nerd type. Had to run away from his home, due to his crazy new droid getting him in all kinds of trouble. He'd be a very fish out of water sort, if anyone would be looking for a slicer slash droid programmer sort.

Towards the Force users, heh. I wasn't taking either of those ideas seriously. But then, I do like to keep the original trilogy in mind. It had quite a nice combo of serious and light-hearted.

- Myself

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Ssi-Ruuk just feels too out of place. The whole point was that they were completely unheard of. Unless this guy's just running around as a lizard without telling anyone where he's from.

I'm just worried about someone trying to go "esoteric", and we end up with a Yuuzan Vong guy running around the galaxy...

24. - Top - End - #174

Ugh. I hate those guys. I can understand that way of thinking. I certainly wouldn't want another Waru oozing around, for instance. Anyways, I can toss the Ssi-Ruuk dude's profile up, as well, merely for perusal. I've had these guys lying around, for a while. Yes, he wouldn't be advertising for timeshares on Lwhekk. He'd definitely be trying to keep a low profile, partly because he's afraid that his people might want to come after him.

Anyways, Yay esoteric! Boo boring humans! Also ---> I'll edit this post to stick profiles in.

The Hutt --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Gargul

Species: Hutt and proud!

Height Slash Weight: Let's just type that he's about one third to one half of Jabba's size, from Return Of The Jedi

Eyes: Yellow (sharp and mischievous)

Appearance: Besides the bits already specified, he's got a leafy green hide with yellow along his back. He looks young, eager, and intelligent. He slithers around while on his own ship or someplace with decently clean floors where he won't have to be moving for an extended period of time. Otherwise, he'd prefer to use a lift for the convenience, since not every place was designed with Hutts in brain.

Personality: Idealistic, ambitious, full of self-confidence, except when it comes to dealing with more left-brained type subjects, which is a large bit of embarrassment for him, since most Hutts are fairly interested in such things. He is a bit of an art snob and comes equipped with the ability to appreciate many of its forms. He has tried to make some of his own every now and then but isn't very good, except when it comes to writing. His verbal talents are useful for his job when he has to learn new languages and make effective speeches. He revels in being different, sometimes annoying his elders, but always challenging and attempting to show off how useful he can be to them. Also, he thinks that Hutts are the greatest race and is quietly amused by people who wouldn't agree with that, but he doesn't really hate any other races.

History: Born on Nal Hutta to a modestly wealthy clan of Hutts who actually had more legal businesses than most and were famous for their talents when it came to numbers. But when his parent turned female to have him, plenty thought that she had gone crazy when she started having trouble with math and found enjoyment in all kinds of art. Once the female phase passed, though, his parent went back to his usual self and had any pieces that he had made destroyed. When Gargul got a bit older and heard about it, he was able to find some recordings of them and have them privately recreated. He keeps a few around different Huttese headquarters but several on his ship. Most (even his parent, who wouldn't remember them too well) think that he made them. His superiors were quite disappointed in him but found that he was very useful and enthusiastic when it came to marketing and public relations and things, so they found better things for him to do, while still acting as if he isn't that great, which he certainly isn't convinced of, especially since he's been able to enjoy all kinds of freedom by getting his own ship and flying all over the galaxy.

Equipment: A many-pocketed vest with a small blaster and a datapad. Also, his ship, which should be named, is a smallish yacht with two large rooms made for Hutts with one bath to share, two two bunk rooms, one of which has been converted to house his Qom Jha and Qom Qae pilots, and a large kitchen with a small common area outside. All of the surfaces are kept clean and smooth by several simple little cleaning droids, for easy slithering. The only weapons it has are a lot of ion cannons, one light turret in the front, and some hidden cutting device for hijacking ships, just in case he ever gets the chance

Abilities: He's decently corpulent for his age, but he still has plenty of strength, flexibility, and endurance. Plenty resistant to evil brain powers (or even seemingly well-intentioned ones). The ability to be a snootbag about art, politics, and the economy?

The Qom Jha --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Seeker Of Stars

Species: Qom Jha

Height Slash Weight: I dunno. Small and slim, for his race and age.

Eyes: Black?

Appearance: a mynock slash bat looking thing, talons and wings and all of that, light gray skin, loves hanging upside down from ceilings to make faces at people, longer and very sensitive snout, which he relies on just as much as sight, which he's better at in darkness, and very fast reflexes. To the few that'd be able to tell with his kind, he'd look young, hyper, innocent, and friendly, but most would just see him and see that he looks creepy and hungry.

Personality: Well, sure, young, hyper, innocent, and friendly is right. Also, yes, he is a little creepy-looking when it comes to hunger, which he'll whine about if he isn't always eating to fuel his superly fast metabolism. He's curious about everything, and modest about his talents, unless it looks like appreciation equals more food. He dreams of getting his employer to somehow design fighters for Qom Jha, then going back home to recruit a bunch, then flying around the galaxy, having fun. His reflexes and minor bit of psychicness (which he's come to rely on as just a combat sense, so he's hardly ever on the alert while away from his ship) make him an excellent pilot. He has an automatic distaste of adults of any race, or anyone who cares about traditions and things, but then, he easily forgives and forgets. He is the sort to play practical jokes, is afraid of little, and tries to get others to follow him into crazily daring situations every now and then. He is interested in anything that he hasn't seen before, but has learned that most droids are boring. He doesn't hate any particular race and doesn't even mind when people think that he's just some animal, since he enjoys surprising them later.

History: Born on Nirauan, led little gangs of Qom Jha into trouble frequently, but lost lots of friends when they started growing up and getting more serious. They thought that he was crazy for always sticking so close to the outposts of a more technologically advanced society in the area. He was one of the first of his kind to learn how to speak Basic, which most thought was a useless skill, since they were used to their minor psychic ability to sense and transmit surface intentions and emotions. He stowed away in a lot of ships and kept trying to get some younger dudes to help him out with stealing one, but was only able to get offworld when the above Hutt character came to sell some information, and he snuck aboard his ship. He impressed and entertained the guy, and eventually got the ship's controls modified to accommodate him.

Equipment: Nope. Mayhaps a fanny pack with some snacks.

Abilities: Minor bit of psychicness already mentioned. Fast reflexes. Flight. Ace pilot! *dramatic pose* Creepy-looking?

The Qom Qae --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Thief Of Tools

Species: Qom Qae

Height Slash Weight: I dunno. Large and lanky, for his race and age.

Eyes: Black? Possibly?

Appearance: Muddy brown skin, hunches like a vulture all of the time, looking introverted and depressed but nervous and irritable when around a lot of people, suspicious eyes that quickly catalogue everything

Personality: Very controlled, private, serious, always looking objectively and at the big picture, despises imperfection. Very intelligent but usually way too arrogant to actually take the time to learn a new skill. Has zero social skills, is always blunt, and prefers to squawk in his own language while tossing some visual or an impression psychically at people, if he has to talk at them only briefly. If he has to talk to them at length, though, he'd try to use some Basic, which he isn't an expert at.

History: Born on Nirauan, he was plenty useful to his people, even though most didn't really call him friend. The idea that the more technologically advanced on the planet seemed to have of them as vermin really annoyed him, so he spent a lot of his time stealing things and watching people, figuring out how they worked. He arrogantly planned on building his own more efficient versions of the available technology but never got around to it, since, after a chance encounter with the Qom Jha dude and the spontaneous decision to jump on the Hutt's ship, he has become addicted to all of the little jobs he can find and the large variety of knowledge to be had away from home.

Equipment: Mechanic's toolbelt, light blaster, a copy of The Complete Primitive's Guide To The 'Fresher, And Other Conversations In Basic.

Abilities: Same as the other dude, pretty much, except that he isn't as fast and isn't as great of a pilot, but he's a lot more intelligent.

The Ssi-Ruuk --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Po'ifu

Species: Ssi-Ruu

Height Slash Weight: Small and pathetic-looking, for one of these. Still kind of imposing, for your average human, though, I would think.

Eyes: Yellow

Appearance: A distracted stumble of a geekish walk, less than impressive, small yellow scales, forked tongues that come out of the nostrils, and probably one in his mouth, too. Super sensitive to light, can pick up emotions through smell, somehow, but he'd probably be too self-absorbed to really care about anything besides hostile intent. Keeps a datapad with him at all times, parts, tools, good books (or equivalents). Has no weapons, tries not to call attention to himself, eyes downcast, movements kept careful, slow, non-threatening, close to the body. Keeps whistles quiet and mostly to his droid, but will get animated at something new that interests him, though. Sharp teeth and claws, merely as good grooming, to his mind. He's stronger and more resilient than he looks, but only about as good as a bit above average human. Has zero combat instincts, though, and would freeze up or hide behind his droid or something.

Personality: A large geek. He knows a lot about his areas of expertise and doesn't care much for anything else. Very proud of his accomplishments, and does an admirable job of not bragging too much. Because he was picked on and embarrassed, even by members of his own caste, he doesn't like seeing such things and retaliates by reprogramming computers or droids to get even in some way. Beats himself up about mistakes, but is constantly reminded of how much better things are away from Ssi-Ruuk type punishments. Is giddily happy about being away, figuring out other technologies, loves getting into conversations about droids and bits of technology. Is habitually honest but normally guarded, cautious, since he's around a bunch of weird aliens that would probably figure that Ssi-Ruuk are evil, and he doesn't know their cultures well enough. A bit naive, loves a good challenge, reads books on science, technology, droid stuff, doesn't know much about different races, except that they usually smell bad. Gets really quiet around or other reptiloids, since they'd be the most likely to call him out about his race. Loves talking to droids, ofttimes mostly just to open them up, but they are usually polite and knowledgeable about stuff, which he enjoys.

History: Born on Lwhekk, got into droids early on, traveled all over the Ssi-Ruuvi planets, getting trained, obtaining respect. Until one day, when an injured and retreating Ssi-Ruuk ship was heading back home but broke down halfway there, they stumbled upon a normally vacant plot of space used as a hiding spot for a Sljee trickster. They captured his ship then limped home. After a useless interrogation, this guy claimed the Sljee that would have just been killed to see if it could provide useful energy. After the entechment into a basic security droid, he added useful things like Ssi-Ruuk translators, of course, and information that his type of droid would be expected to have. He kept it locked up in case it turned out to be dangerous, but, due to the curiosity of bumping into some new race, he didn't entirely enslave the mind. It was turned on but didn't do anything for a while, and he forgot about it until it surprised him by going through his computer. It started talking, told him that he'd been a bit stunned for a while, angry, stuff like that, had to get used to his new less useful (at least to him) body that had no tentacles and this strange sense of sight. He found that the Sljee wasn't really so bad, just asked about his body, found it had been destroyed, had expected that. Upon learning that stuff, his new droid finally warned him that the police might pick him up or something because he was a horrible slicer and had illegally checked a few things out. He got scared because had never really been in trouble before, but the new droid picked up on that and persuaded him to help steal his ship back. After an amazing escape, the Sljee dude now uses him for cover, in cons or getting even with rivals. This guy is mostly happy to be stay in the underbellies of cities, places least likely for other Ssi-Ruuk to find him. He is happily checking out the droids of other races, has modified his buddy in a few ways, gave him a couple of tentacles, just to make him feel better. Lots don't really care or know that he's Ssi-Ruuk. Those that do believe that he's just a refugee, and not a lot get angry, but his droid is kind of compelled to defend him with his stun beam

Equpment: A man purse with his datapad and reading materials and various tools and such. Also, the ship, which needs a name, is a common thing mostly built for civilians. It has conventional systems, then ones more suited towards Sljee, and, most recently, a way for his new droid body to patch in and control the thing. It would have some hidden surprises, like an ion cannon, back up shield generators, some light lasers, and a very unconventional security system, though.

Abilities: That picking up emotions thing. That super intelligent, when it comes to programming thing. Also, he's a big lizard dude and a geek that would totally think that lightsabers are awesome! That's pretty cool.

The Sljee --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: I have no examples of Sljee names. I shall call him Augustus! Also, I'll have to figure out a droid name for him.

Species: Physically, he's this kind of droid. Otherwise, he's a Sljee.

Height Slash Weight: Probably in the above droid link.

Eyes: Nope. Photoreceptor's probably black, though.

Appearance: Modifications to the droid link: He believes that he is quite intelligent for painting himself in unconventional pastel colors and patterns, aiming for people to consciously try to keep him out of view. He does have paint for other occasions, though. Also, two tentacles that are usually withdrawn, a comlink, and a stun beam.

Personality: Well, weaselly, quick-witted, and streetsmart. Not too intelligent, and doesn't think much of intelligent types, since he figures that they are about as easy to trick as anyone else. Hates his two older brothers, is afraid to go back to the Corporate Sector, since was a pretty reckless and untalented con artist, cheater, and stuff like that. With his new Ssi-Ruuk patsy and droid body, though, he's come up with some new ideas. Definitely a braggart, has become a bit of a neat freak and perfectionist, since being turned into a droid. For some reason, he doesn't mind much, though. Huh. Well, he doesn't dwell on it, although he is sure that he should be a lot more offended. He doesn't think much of other droids, but he knows how to talk to them and can easily reprogram them, thanks to his partner.

History: Born on Sljee, was tragically orphaned somehow, and then was poorly raised by his two older and criminal brothers who told him only as much as they thought he needed to know He mostly just became a pretty good getaway pilot, but wasn't as good as they were at conning and stuff. They used him as a patsy a lot, which is why he despises family and the love of it. Eventually, when he was pretty mad at them one time about how infamous he was getting, he stole their ship and has been attempting to survive on his own. He still has several contacts and hiding spots, since he's needed so many

Equipment: Already mentioned, above.

Abilities: A very good getaway driver. An unintentionally hilarious conman. A great household appliance. A passable cook.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2011-01-01 at 11:49 PM.

- Myself

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

This is my Nth attempt to post a character, where N is a really high number. I get close to the end and then come up with another idea.

The lack of Sith so far however has given me this idea.

Dakkar Skara'ad, Sith Inquisitor (the Sith equivalent of a Consular)

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Dakkar Skara'ad
    Species: Miraluka
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 156 lb
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: None

Appearance: Dakkar has pale grey skin and long black hair.

Full Body-
    Spoiler
    Show

Face-
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Dakkar is now a cold, calculating individual. All that was good in him is dead- he has to sustain an almost constant stream of dark emotions to feel anything. Due to his training and implants, he will do what he is bid by any Sith Lord.

History: The Miraluka are on the whole a race of Light Side Force Adepts. So what would happen if one were taken from his home at a young age and his connection to the Force severed? This was one of many thought experiments that Darth Torquere decided to undertake. The fact that to sever a force connection required a wall of light-side energy was an irony that was not lost on Torquere. He was surprised to see the Miraluka survive the process, and even more surprised when Dakkar reached out with the Dark Side and tried to choke him. Subduing his captive using force techniques and cybernetic implants, Torquere created a Sith assassin out of the once peaceful being.

Of course, he didn't know that Dakkar's power was growing- until the day that Dakkar cleaved Torquere in twain with his lightsaber. Unfortunately, his revenge was short lived, as Torquere soon came back as a Force Ghost. Dakkar would never get away from his former master.

Now he roams the galaxy in his ship, The Shrike, seemingly at random- trying to escape the ghosts of his past.

Equipment:
    Dakkar carries a black-bladed lightsaber.

Powers:
    Core Force Abilities:

Control: Average

Sense: Strong

Force Sight- Miralukas have this innately along with the usual Force Sense.

Telekinesis- Dakkar's TK is fairly weak, considering his power in other areas. He can lift only around 10 pounds of matter. When he is overcharged by energy, he can use it to amplify his TK, lifting upwards of 500 pounds.

Tutaminis (Force Absorb)- Dakkar can absorb energy from blasters, droids, even lightsabers, and use that energy to power his fledgling TK.

Force Drain

Force_lightning- as a Sith Inquisitor, Dakkar is highly proficient in Force Lightning.

Force Immersion- since his connection to the Light Side was severed, other Force users can only sense him if he is using his powers. He can use this to avoid detection by other sources as well.

Force Slow- Dakkar's energy draining abilities create a field around him that clouds the minds of others, even Force Users.

Force travel- Dakkar literally tears rifts into the Force to open a wormhole that he can travel through. This power's range is limited, he can travel across the surface of a planet and to a ship in orbit, but not much beyond that.

Mechu-deru- He can use his powers to reprogram and control droids.

Abilities:
    Dakkar is a practioner of the http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flowing_Water technique.

Lightsaber Forms:
    Dakkar focused his lightsaber training on Shien, using an unorthodox reverse grip which leaves his other hand free for Force Powers.

EDIT: Done!

EDIT 2: Hmm... too many Trakata users... I think I'll switch him to Flowing Water.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-01-02 at 12:25 AM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, so, should I go back and revise Skaleek, or should I just leave it alone?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@Zanshin: Looks solid.

Though I am amused that that's, what, 3 characters now with Trakata?

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, so, should I go back and revise Skaleek, or should I just leave it alone?
    What are you thinking needs revision?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

What are you thinking needs revision?
    Well, for one thing, possibly the Jedi Forms. Although it does make sense to have a focus on a particular style, he is a Knight, so maybe, at least Shii-cho is a possibility.

Another thing could be the powers. I noticed that Speed was a basic Control power, according to Kid Kris, so I was wondering if I basically wasted a slot as it is currently.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Well, for one thing, possibly the Jedi Forms. Although it does make sense to have a focus on a particular style, he is a Knight, so maybe, at least Shii-cho is a possibility.

Another thing could be the powers. I noticed that Speed was a basic Control power, according to Kid Kris, so I was wondering if I basically wasted a slot as it is currently.
    Well, it would take a lot of study to know more than a couple forms. I mean, even combat-focused Jedi still have to study Force usage.

And I'd say the basic Control speed is the minor stuff where your reflexes are faster and all that; you're clearly not average speed, but you're not blurring past. Taking the Speed power makes you truly, superhumanly fast. Like, "run-almost-as-fast-as-a-speeder" type thing.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it would take a lot of study to know more than a couple forms. I mean, even combat-focused Jedi still have to study Force usage.

And I'd say the basic Control speed is the minor stuff where your reflexes are faster and all that; you're clearly not average speed, but you're not blurring past. Taking the Speed power makes you truly, superhumanly fast. Like, "run-almost-as-fast-as-a-speeder" type thing.
    Alright. I'll leave it alone then. Thank you.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show