New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Ways to move and full attack in a round? (3.x, Pathfinder)

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a way to full attack and move more than a 5 foot step in a single round. It doesn't have to provide an actual move action, just increase the move distance permitted along with a full attack. It's okay if it costs an attack too, but I'd like the option to not be stuck in one place.

I know about the mobile fighter archetype from APG, so you can ignore that one.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Ways to move and full attack in a round? (3.x, Pathfinder)

What is it, the Travel Domain devotion feat from Complete champion that let's you take 10' steps instead of 5'.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion, an alternate class feature that swaps the Barbarian's fast movement for the Pounce special ability (ability to full attack at the end of a charge), is the best way to do this.

Psionic Lion's Charge is the other great way to do it.

EDIT: If you just want to increase your 5 ft step to a 10 ft, then the Sparring Dummy of the Master, in Arms and Equipment Guide, can do it. You can also use the Oriental Adventures Tumble rules to make a DC 40 tumble check to do it.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2011-01-18 at 06:29 PM.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

In Pathfinder, Barbarians can take the Beast Totem, Greater rage power, but you have to be at least 10th level Barbarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am surprised no one has posted this yet...

Person_Man has an amazing list, lots of work must have gone into it. You can find it here: Ways to get Pounce or Free Movement
    Note this list is 3.5 and not PF, but a lot is compatible
    Last edited by bartman; 2011-01-18 at 06:52 PM.
    Awesome avatar done by Ravens_Wing

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    What is it, the Travel Domain devotion feat from Complete champion that let's you take 10' steps instead of 5'.
    I looked that up, and it actually lets you move your speed as a swift action each round for a minute once a day. (Disallowing 5 ft. steps as a normal move would.) Thanks for pointing that out.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't know about a full attack, but Pathfinder has a series of feats 'Vital strike' that allow for a 4x weapon damage -- Not quite a full attack, but it helps to trade damage for mobility.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    I am surprised no one has posted this yet...

Person_Man has an amazing list, lots of work must have gone into it. You can find it here: Ways to get Pounce or Free Movement
    Note this list is 3.5 and not PF, but a lot is compatible
    This is still excellent, since 3.5 material is allowed with GM permission in my PF games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonDemonKing View Post
    Don't know about a full attack, but Pathfinder has a series of feats 'Vital strike' that allow for a 4x weapon damage -- Not quite a full attack, but it helps to trade damage for mobility.
    Well, it's a backup option. Thank you.

Thanks to all who have shared so far. I'm really bad at finding good stuff, so your help has been invaluable.
    Snickett avatar by me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Mobile Fighter form the Pathfinder APG can give up his highest BAB attack to move and take the rest of his attacks freely at level 11. His 20th level capstone allows him to do a Whirlwind Attack or Full Attack Action as a standard action.

The Battle Oracle, at level 20, can move and full attack as a standard action as well.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You can always make a 5ft step before, during, or after a full attack.

You can also do a jump as a swift action if you have the Sudden Leap maneuver from Tome of Battle. It helps a lot for moving more than 5 ft in and full attacking in the same round.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Weapon Master gets whirlwind attack as a standard action, combined with the feat that allows a full attack with a whirlwind attack and you have something.

12. - Top - End - #12

Get a mount and a bow. You can make ranged full attacks while your mount is moving - at -8 if it's running, -4 if it double-moves, and without penalty if it only single-moves. (And you can halve the penalties with Mounted Archery, if you want to waste a feat.)

Wild Plains Outrider's capstone class feature lets you make melee full attacks when your mount single-moves, too. Pathfinder's APG has the Mounted Skirmisher feat that does the same.

Mounted movement doesn't enable the Scout's skirmish damage, though, if that's what you're after.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Belt of battle (MIC) lets you move as a swift action 3/day.

Tome of battle has maneuvers like quicksilver motion which let you move/teleport as a swift action.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

You can use a Quickened Dim Door AFTER a full attack to get around the battlefield...

Getting movement BEFORE a full attack is tougher, and more valuable, arguably. Commonly this boils down to:
    A) Be 20th level
    B) Be a Fighter or an Oracle
    C) Select appropriate class feature.

Importing 3.5 material into PF results in... stuff. I seem to remember the Chrono-Legionnaire moving around pretty fluidly. Just not sure if he was full attacking (I imagine he was.)

Quickened Hustle (psionic power)?

15. - Top - End - #15

BlueKnightGuy

My favorite way to get a move action plus a full attack action is the Swiftblade Prestige Class.

Wizard 6 / Swiftblade 9 (Base attack +12, Caster Level 12)

OR

Beguilar 6 / Swiftblade 9 (Base attack +12, Caster Level 12)

At 15th level, you get Perpetual Options, that allows you to take an additional move, standard, or full round action when under the effect of the haste spell that you cast yourself.
    I underwent "Specialized High Intensity Training" for the English language. My training focused on avoiding abbreviations and acronyms. Not all of them are a good thing.

16. - Top - End - #16

If you dip for a level of wizard and take the Abrupt Jaunt ACF you've got a 10' teleport as an immediate action.
    I drive a quantum car- every time I look down at the speedometer, I get lost.

As a juggler, I may not always be smarter than a banana. However, bananas aren't often surrounded by children asking for hugs and autographs.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrion View Post
    If you dip for a level of wizard and take the Abrupt Jaunt ACF you've got a 10' teleport as an immediate action.
    I love the Abjurant Jaunt. I really annoyed my dungeon master with that. The only problem is that it's only usable a number of times per day equal to your bonus for your casting ability score. So if you are a Wizard and your Intelligence bonus is only 16 (+3), then you can only use it 3 times per day.
    I underwent "Specialized High Intensity Training" for the English language. My training focused on avoiding abbreviations and acronyms. Not all of them are a good thing.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Kansaschaser View Post
    I love the Abjurant Jaunt. I really annoyed my dungeon master with that. The only problem is that it's only usable a number of times per day equal to your bonus for your casting ability score. So if you are a Wizard and your Intelligence bonus is only 16 (+3), then you can only use it 3 times per day.
    Quite true, but that's going to be in line with or slightly better than some of the feat or magic item options that are also limited use per day.
    I drive a quantum car- every time I look down at the speedometer, I get lost.

As a juggler, I may not always be smarter than a banana. However, bananas aren't often surrounded by children asking for hugs and autographs.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TalonDemonKing View Post
    It's a bad joke. By the time it allows you to do 4 times weapon damage a full attack does over 200 damage ... 6d6 bonus damage on a single attack doesn't really matter at that point. At lower levels vital strike is similarly pitiful compared to full attack damage.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

It's in PersonMan's guide, but my all-time (3.5) favorite is Dimension Hop from Complete Psionic. Either get it from Ardent 1 or pick it up after 3 levels of Psion through Expanded Knowledge (or potentially through Psychic Warrior, but it comes later). 10' swift action teleport augmentable at 5' per additional Power Point expended.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Unless someone else has built their PC around such a move, houserule that this is the default rule. (Obviously if someone has already taken steps to be able to do this, a houserule like this would not be fair to them.) Casters can do it without requiring extra feats, so why not melee?
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    Unless someone else has built their PC around such a move, houserule that this is the default rule. (Obviously if someone has already taken steps to be able to do this, a houserule like this would not be fair to them.) Casters can do it without requiring extra feats, so why not melee?
    So, you're saying that full attack should be a standard action? Or that you should be able to opt for a move during full round actions instead of taking a 5 ft. step? Clarify, please.
    Snickett avatar by me.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    So, you're saying that full attack should be a standard action?
    This. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    This. Sorry for the confusion.
    No problem. I figured that was the more likely answer of the ones I thought of.
    Snickett avatar by me.

25. - Top - End - #25

Budget option: Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker from magic item compendium for a 1/d swift action move half your move speed.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Has anybody mentioned dervish from complete warrior? It can let you get full attacks on the move a number of times a day with a buff.