New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default The stars at night...

At night, in a cloudless sky where the stars and moon are fully visible, what are the effects of low light vision?

Under these conditions, say an open plain with no other factors, initially I'd see this as the whole area being under shadowy illumination due to the stars and moon. And since the entire area is under shadowy illumination would this effectively be the same as daylight to low-light vision capable creatures?
    Fools are made to suffer, not to be suffered

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The stars at night...

I've always hated low light vision.

RAW:
    Characters with low-light vision can see outdoors on a moonlit night as well as they can during the day.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The stars at night...

Quote Originally Posted by Corronchilejano View Post
    I've always hated low light vision.

RAW:
    Why? It seems reasonable. In the bright moonlight *I* see as well as daylight.

(That's partly due to my being light-sensitive, but it seems like I got as compensation the ability to see well at night. A true 'low light vision' person would see much better than I can, and I can see pretty well... so I can imagine they see *everything*.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordguy View Post
    Casters effectively lost every weakness they had (from AD&D), and everyone else suffered for it. Since this was done as a direct result of player requests ("make magic better!"), I consider it one of the all-time best reasons NOT to listen to player requests.

Most people wouldn't know what makes a good game if it stripped naked, painted itself purple, and jumped up on a table singing "look what a good game I am!".