New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Supplement Publishing? Help?

Hello all! You may have seen my Magitech System (see sig). You may have also realized that it's quite large. Over 30 pages, last I checked. And that's without fluff and examples and the like. One of my friends said "You know, this could be an entire book".

After a few E-Mails to Paizo, I may be able to get a compatibility license in order to get a Compatibility Logo for it and thanks to CreateSpace on Amazon I could self-publish while Amazon deals with printing and sending. I'm currently looking into what I'd need to get a 3.5 Compatible Logo as well.

My main deficiency is in the art department. Every supplement I've ever seen has great illustrations. I have none, nor do I have the funds to hire a professional artist, nor do I have talented friends. I may be able to scrounge up like forty dollars. I think that's enough for a single decent commission on DeviantArt?

I'd also like to hear about what people think are important to a good supplement.

Also note that I have another two base classes and an entire biotech system all written out but not posted on that thread. I also have no worries that I would be able to add in the requisite fluff and examples to fill out the rest of the work.

Oh, and am I insane?

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Supplement Publishing? Help?

Think I found some friends that could make do-able artwork, but not quite at the quality that I would like...

Anyways, what things do you think makes a good supplement? Fluff? Crunch? Artwork? Length? Examples? Feats and spells?

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature