New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Master Chymist- New extracts at level?

So, I have a character that was planning on going the master chymist route, but I just stumbled upon something that kind of made me pause.

"Extracts per Day: At the indicated levels, a master chymist gains new extracts per day as if she had also gained a level in alchemist. She does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for extracts per day and an increased effective caster level for extracts."

Does that mean I don't get to learn a new extract at those levels? We're playing a really low money game (I'm at level 7 and have 250 gold, I've spent nothing since first level). I'm still trying to find the 3000 gold to get a +5 greater magic fang potion. I don't think there's any way I'll be able to afford the prices to pick up spells.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Master Chymist- New extracts at level?

No, you don't learn new extracts. If I remember correctly, in Pathfinder only spontaneous casters learn new spells when taking prestige classes.

Of course, you can houserule it

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Master Chymist- New extracts at level?

If you're this poor and things are going to remain this way, what are you going spend that money on anyways? Probably nothing else will be as significant of a boost for only 250gp. Though I'd talk to your GM about how being so money starved is going to stop your character from functioning. Just 1-2k will make things feel a little looser. Anyways, how are the melee keeping up without gear?