New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Completely unrelated to the current discussion, I'm very annoyed at CSN ("Centrala StudieNämnden", who gives students free and not-so-free money so that they can survive during their studies) as of currently. Thinking it's time to apply for study allowance, or at least figure out what they're suggesting, I decided to, assisted by the instructions in their catchy named booklet "Lätt att söka rätt" (translates to "Easy to apply correctly"), surf out on teh Interwebs and fill in the last part of my mostly prefilled application.

Now, the instructions are all written in the shape of stylistic icons with arrows pointing between them, and the amount of text is minimal and mostly celebrating how easy it is to do this, so I expected the difficulty to be somewhere on par with cooking... quick macaroni (Do you call it that?). But no, it's not that easy.

To start with, I couldn't find where to log in, because that's buried below a mound of links. Finally finding it, I submitted my Social Security Number and personal code. Freshly logged in, I decided that the "My application" link made the most sense, so I picked that. Now it asked me if I want to make a new application for studying in Sweden or abroad, and nothing else. Given that they already are supposed to have some of my information, and that I impossibly can do both, this made me really confounded as I almost wondered if I'd done something wrong and should have clicked somewhere else in order to find my partially filled application.

Finally, after double checking the other links in the sidebar, I picked making a new application for studies in Sweden. Now I get to see my program, but only in the form of two semesters of 30 hp ("högskolepoäng") worth of courses each. To contrast this, I'm going to study 5 years, totalling an amount of 300 hp in courses. I do believe that they're only giving me 1 year at a time and that I'll have to redo my application every year, but they aren't hinting that this is the case anywhere, not even behind the "help" buttons, so I'm not going to do anything stupid before I've gotten sleep and have a clueless parent over my shoulder to double check my moves.

Mrmlgrbl...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-08-09 at 06:03 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Completely unrelated to the current discussion, I'm very annoyed at CSN ("Centrala StudieNämnden", who gives students free and not-so-free money so that they can survive during their studies) as of currently. Thinking it's time to apply for study allowance, or at least figure out what they're suggesting, I decided to, assisted by the instructions in their catchy named booklet "Lätt att söka rätt" (translates to "Easy to apply correctly"), surf out on teh Interwebs and fill in the last part of my mostly prefilled application.

Now, the instructions are all written in the shape of stylistic icons with arrows pointing between them, and the amount of text is minimal and mostly celebrating how easy it is to do this, so I expected the difficulty to be somewhere on par with cooking... quick macaroni (Do you call it that?). But no, it's not that easy.

To start with, I couldn't find where to log in, because that's buried below a mound of links. Finally finding it, I submitted my Social Security Number and personal code. Freshly logged in, I decided that the "My application" link made the most sense, so I picked that. Now it asked me if I want to make a new application for studying in Sweden or abroad, and nothing else. Given that they already are supposed to have some of my information, and that I impossibly can do both, this made me really confounded as I almost wondered if I'd done something wrong and should have clicked somewhere else in order to find my partially filled application.

Finally, after double checking the other links in the sidebar, I picked making a new application for studies in Sweden. Now I get to see my program, but only in the form of two semesters of 30 hp ("högskolepoäng") worth of courses each. To contrast this, I'm going to study 5 years, totalling an amount of 300 hp in courses. I do believe that they're only giving me 1 year at a time and that I'll have to redo my application every year, but they aren't hinting that this is the case anywhere, not even behind the "help" buttons, so I'm not going to do anything stupid before I've gotten sleep and have a clueless parent over my shoulder to double check my moves.

Mrmlgrbl...
    Application forms. Fearsome creatures, the whole lot. Also, I didn't know you were from Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Wow, that's good. At least she won't be spoiled by the quoting of this text. Just watch.
    Iv'e never seen Inception, and you guys are mean. Eventually we're going to peek.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-09 at 06:41 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Then I will need to play the hero and thwart your villainous scheme, or something.
    And I shall be the villain's evil good twin, who shall help you to thwart his dastardly brother!

ION: I just got back from the State Fair. A wonderful day of watching street performers, viewing prize-winning livestock, and eating fried foods. (We found a place that sells deep-fried butter. I can feel my blood vessels clogging.)

IOON: Going hiking with my cousins tomorrow. Should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just found out that the Smurfs movie is going to have a sequel in 2013. Were Savonarola alive I'm sure he'd be pulling out the matches, and I'd be right next to him helping out. The stupidity of this just boggles my mind.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

5. - Top - End - #515

I just found out that the Smurfs movie is going to have a sequel in 2013. Were Savonarola alive I'm sure he'd be pulling out the matches, and I'd be right next to him helping out. The stupidity of this just boggles my mind.
    Wait, Smurfs? Aren't they those annoying blue things that were a childrens cartoon like, fourty years ago? Why the hell is that a movie???
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Wait, Smurfs? Aren't they those annoying blue things that were a childrens cartoon like, fourty years ago? Why the hell is that a movie???
    Because eeeeeeeeevil.

Also money or something. I blame Beelzebub. Guy's a total jerk.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-09 at 07:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517

Because one day, I was not watchful enough in my fight against evil. You have no idea what a dark day that was. The blood...there was so much of it...I can never go back...

No, it's just because they could make money off of it. Worse yet, it's CGI Smurfs alongside live action, in our universe! Yay That's really stupid!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Good question.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #519
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Huh?
    Allegidly the ending will keep you up at night. Eh.

EDIT: Just realized that I missed a lot of stuff.

Dear lord Teddy, that sounds horrible. I hope everything works out well! Like, seriously, schools should make an effort not to screw people over like that.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-09 at 07:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Should have gone with Go Fish.

And Absol, but who would take you out?
    Well, Dragonprime is the villain, right?

EDIT: Good luck, Teddy. Applications are tricksy creatures.
    Last edited by absolmorph; 2011-08-09 at 07:21 PM.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

11. - Top - End - #521

On a side note, I was totally going to nag to Teddy to get him to start working faster (and get him to get MSN so we could be better connected) but after hearing that, I don't mind any delays *hugs*

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Allegidly the ending will keep you up at night. Eh.
    Not really the ending, the whole thing (the ending just a bit more so)
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    And I shall be the villain's evil good twin, who shall help you to thwart his dastardly brother!

ION: I just got back from the State Fair. A wonderful day of watching street performers, viewing prize-winning livestock, and eating fried foods. (We found a place that sells deep-fried butter. I can feel my blood vessels clogging.)

IOON: Going hiking with my cousins tomorrow. Should be fun.
    Hmm... Better not trust him...

Sounds delicious!

Hope you have nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Well, Dragonprime is the villain, right?

EDIT: Good luck, Teddy. Applications are tricksy creatures.
    He is just a figurehead, I am the true mastermind. Wait, he's going to learn I'm saying that. Crap! It might be heel face turn time!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, Smurf's movie. I, personally, did not see it, but I have a friend who had a friend who saw it, and he said it was 'awfulsome'. He also says it is Smurftastic! (warning, linked site enjoys using harsh language in its everythings, ever) If that is the real ending...wow
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-09 at 07:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #525

I know a better review, but it's a video review and arguably more profane.

Also more accurate.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Ok, Smurf's movie. I, personally, did not see it, but I have a friend who had a friend who saw it, and he said it was 'awfulsome'. He also says it is Smurftastic! (warning, linked site enjoys using harsh language in its everythings, ever) If that is the real ending...wow
    That's what my first thought was about the ending was...
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-09 at 08:09 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Why does this thread lack Pina Coladas? Real Avocados are in Pina Coladas. No. I'm not speaking gibberish!! There is no such thing as Internet Withdrawl. Go away.

(Lovely to see y'all again. I see another RB has appeared in my absence.)
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Why does this thread lack Pina Coladas? Real Avocados are in Pina Coladas. No. I'm not speaking gibberish!! There is no such thing as Internet Withdrawl. Go away.

(Lovely to see y'all again. I see another RB has appeared in my absence.)
    *glomp*
    *twirls*
    *throws across the room*
    Give the troll a pina colada!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

19. - Top - End - #529

Hey, how often do you guys have music stuck in your head? When I have music stuck in my head I must play it again and again and again and again...

I've had Pachebel's Canon stuck in my head for the past two days. I could do a lot worse.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Hey, how often do you guys have music stuck in your head? When I have music stuck in my head I must play it again and again and again and again...

I've had Pachebel's Canon stuck in my head for the past two days. I could do a lot worse.
    I get music stuck in my head all the time.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    *glomp*
    *twirls*
    *throws across the room*
    Give the troll a pina colada!
    *Let's self be glomped due to tiredness*
    *Dances like a balerina*
    *Chips teeth on landing*
    *Generously accepts Pina Colada* *Sips* The thing about Pina Coladas you see *twirls straw* is that I don't like them. *Dumps* Thank you though. It's good to back under my parents roof though, otherwise, I couldn't have even taken a sip to remind myself that I don't like them.

22. - Top - End - #532

I love Rowan Atkinson so much. What an amazing actor.

ION: Apparently that evil Headmistress from Former Dream School has been telling lies about me to the other students there. I don't know whether to break down or punch something delicate so I can have the satisfaction of seeing something else broken instead.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

ION: Apparently that evil Headmistress from Former Dream School has been telling lies about me to the other students there. I don't know whether to break down or punch something delicate so I can have the satisfaction of seeing something else broken instead.
    What happened?
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #534
    Banned

WTF?!? What kind of freaking demon is this woman?

*hugs MoonCat*

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ooh! Ooh! Troll knows! Punch someone else where they're delicate so they cry. It's the best of both worlds!

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

I have made-up music stuck in my head, does that count? Basic, boring, super-awesome-epic Latin chant lyric music.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #537

I get stuff stuck in my head all the time.
    Sometimes it's my own songs that I wrote, and I feel very happy, because if one of my own songs is good enough to get caught in my head, that's a good thing.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    What happened?
    The whole story or just why she's lying about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    WTF?!? What kind of freaking demon is this woman?

*hugs MoonCat*
    This is the demon woman who led one of the posters here months ago to call my old school a "cross between Lord of the Flies and Tom Brown's Schooldays". Oh, and the reason I'm in public school next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! Troll knows! Punch someone else where they're delicate so they cry. It's the best of both worlds!
    There's only a few people I want to hurt that badly, and none of them are near me.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Just about everyday.

I love Rowan Atkinson so much. What an amazing actor.

*Hug*
    I'm so sorry to hear that.
    *Bigger hug*
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

30. - Top - End - #540
    Banned

This is the demon woman who led one of the posters here months ago to call my old school a "cross between Lord of the Flies and Tom Brown's Schooldays". Oh, and the reason I'm in public school next year.
    I think I remember that. That's just.....absolutely disgusting behaviour. A teacher ought to know better!

I'm sorry you've have to go through all this. *big hugs*
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-09 at 09:36 PM.