New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Utterly irational hatreds

I have an idea: let's all talk about hatreds that we in absolutely can no way justify with logic or reasonability, but are absolutely valid. In a subjective kinda way.

Like.... Sorcerers. I hate Sorcerers. Why? They're such pompous little bastards. "Lol, I never had to work a day in my life for my magic, and my high CHA = teh chix!1" Especially you, Hennet. Yeah, I'm looking at you... decked out in Hot Topic's finest, twiddling around that pansy green fire like it's a man's weapon, smirking that CHA 15+ smirk. Just you wait, you'll get yours...

Also: Bards. Perfectly solid class, but I will NEVER be able to swallow the image of a man playing a fiddle in the middle of a heated battle. I don't care if he's Hans Zimmer and he's got a 50 piece orchestra behind him playing the theme song to Gladiator. IT'S STUPID. Besides, when I was thirteen a stupid BARD wrecked our whole campaign by trying to placate an evil God with the magical conche shell we were trying to keep from it. That left no lasting bitterness, I promise!

And that's me. Sort of. There's more, but I don't want to keep you up all night. How about ya'll?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Utterly irational hatreds

Oversized weapons.

What the HELL people, it's NOT COOL, Final Fantasy 7 is OVER. Get over it. Argh.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elves. I hate those god-damned pansie elves and their "better-than-you" attitude. Plus, one of the guys in my gaming groups always plays elves, and they share his most noteable trait, their bloody annoying.
    "That's replacing the octopus in my nightmares!"
    "There's an octopus in your nightmares?"
    "Not any more!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Funny, I hate wizards, what with their disdain of actually doing anything that might get them dirty and I'm-so-superior-to-you high INT and all spellcaster prestige classes geared to them (hey, dorkbutts, us sorcies got sliiiightly less use for metamagic feats than you do. Howsabout we get a similar bonus feat list with other spellcaster-friendly feats on it?).

Also, I hate giant spiders. I like using other giant insects, but spiders just seem a damn cop-out. Them and undead when used for scare factor. Oh no a ghoul is rising from its tomb and there are giant spiders and necromancy and are you afraid yet?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Monks.
    Martial artist stuff I can swallow, but I cannot stand the ridiculous magical stuff they get. Just no. The class has never made any kind of sense to me in a party based system, they seem to be built just survive, regardless of the rest of the party's fate. I just can't stand them.
    Nuturion skillfully crafted by The Stoney One
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brew, brew, brew, brew the tasty house rules.
    Dextrous Parry and Insightful Parry (for those who like fighting off the back foot)
    Gufi the Dreadful and Crew (from the Pirate Competition)
    Deathwalkers, Triffids, and Bile-eaters, oh my!

"You know, these clothes do not flatter you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin." ~Jack Sparrow

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Wish. I took it out of my game.

BTW - Piedmon_Sama, I denied Sorcerers access to any of the named spells, like Bigby's This and Modenkainen's That. And I made them socially considered failures and drop-outs, unlike the prestige of being a wizard, being a sorcerer works against you, so that CHA bonus only just negates the stigma.

If they're not going to study they can suffer a little.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

HUMANS... ;D

actually, what I really hate is them Smarmy little Arcane spellcasters and ever class that absolutely REFUSES to rely its strength, dexterity, or Constitution modifier once in a while. Every time a smug mage teleports, uses a fireball instead of fighting, or does something just to show off, I want to take one of my fighters metal plated boots and just make a field goal SOOOO hard onto there pansy little robe wearing....GRRRR!!! I HATE those spellcasters with a PASSION, I'm planning on making characters who are going to be the anti-thema to Arcane spellcasting and believe it is against his gods work or something and kill on sight when he see's someone cast like that GOD I HATE THEMS TO PIECES I COULD ((this is the FCAA, this portion of the post was censored due to extreme violence, swearing, crude refrences...and quite frankly because it made even Hannibal lector queasy to his stomach, thank you for reading this sick S.O.B.'s whining post, have a nice day :)))!!!!!!!.....ok I feel better now.
    I'm back, and hopefully I'll finally be able to stay !!!
    ...why is everyone all of a sudden screaming at this news?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niasen
    HUMANS... ;D

actually, what I really hate is them Smarmy little Arcane spellcasters and ever class that absolutely REFUSES to rely its strength, dexterity, or Constitution modifier once in a while. Every time a smug mage teleports, uses a fireball instead of fighting, or does something just to show off, I want to take one of my fighters metal plated boots and just make a field goal SOOOO hard onto there pansy little robe wearing....GRRRR!!! I HATE those spellcasters with a PASSION, I'm planning on making characters who are going to be the anti-thema to Arcane spellcasting and believe it is against his gods work or something and kill on sight when he see's someone cast like that GOD I HATE THEMS TO PIECES I COULD ((this is the FCAA, this portion of the post was censored due to extreme violence, swearing, crude refrences...and quite frankly because it made even Hannibal lector queasy to his stomach, thank you for reading this sick S.O.B.'s whining post, have a nice day :)))!!!!!!!.....ok I feel better now.
    I agree completely!
    Wizards and Elves are the things my Half Orc Barbarian throws through walls. Especially Elven Wizards.
    I also hate undead, because they're the only things I ever get threats on - and I use a x3 crit weapon!!! Undead are also a bloody pest (the weak ones like zombies and skeletons)
    "Bloody hell. You blow a hole in the side of one tavern and all of a sudden you're Waterdeep's Public Enemy Number 1!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

This sounds like fun ;D

Barbarians: For once I'd like to actually try diplomacy before these fools become angry and begin to wave their great axes around.

Bards: You travel around in dungeons and SING to people. How stupid is that?

Cleric: Can you please choose a god or goddess and follow his or her teachings for ONCE?

Druid: Tree hugging hippies. *grumble* Can't you stand up for something, coward?

Fighter: Some times you can't use your sword to solve a problem, and that is when the Fighter tries to use a sword to solve a problem.

Monk: Open your eyes and look into the world. There are others in the world than you and your petty self-everything.

Paladin: Someone has to look where he sits. Get that class feature out this instant.

Ranger: There is a life outside the forest you know.

Rogue: Someone please catch this little thief.

Rouge: She stole make up.

Sorcerer: Lazy bastards (the technical term) with way too much of an ego.

Wizard: Go out. Get some excersize. Do something else than sitting over your musty tomes all day.

Humans: There is too many of them. And too many of them are evil. Get them away from me please.

Elves: Aloof, selfish and whiny hippies. Even worse than the Druids. Don't get me started on the elven druids.

Dwarves: Alcoholic, gruff neanderthals. Brush your teeth and get some manners and I MIGHT not run in the opposite direction.

Gnomes: Small and untrustworthy. See Halfling.

Halfling: Small and untrustworthy. See Gnomes.

(I'm not good at hate. :-[ )

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have a very rational hatred:

Subraces! AARGH I HATE THEM SO MUCH. They are the bane of DM's and roleplayers everywhere. They make munchkins wet their pants.
    Just now I read a thread about someone's build and one of the pixies mentioned "why not play a subrace". Great idea, why not chop your DM's head of straight away.
    Ein gutes Gedicht ist nicht dazu da, die Welt zu verbessern – es ist selbst ein Stück verbesserte Welt.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wah, I like all the things you guys dislike :-X

Subraces! AARGH I HATE THEM SO MUCH.
    Am I the only GM who likes them or something?

Ooh, I need a hatred too... how about... talking squirrels as characters. It has happened. Three times.
    Save vs GM powered thunderbolt!

Kattira, Anja Khemari and Elderguard Tyrius. Thanks to The Stoney One for Avvies!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Spellthieves. This should have been a PrC, if it had to exist at all.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

I absolutely hate divine casters and elves. Just can't stand them.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I hate the idea of true neutral being a belief in balance between good and evil such that the character feels motivated to fight which ever is more successful. I swear, the next time I hear somebody say that he or she will get a d4 up the nose.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

People that whine about their optional recreational events, such as D&D.
    ::)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Honestly, I like most of this stuff too. It's all in how you play it, and that seems to be the general theme here.

I personally have a Sorcerer who has studied for most of his life to be able to use magic.
    My Plans never fail! The laws of physics simply get in the way of my success! - Red Mage 8-Bit Theater
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, look upon my works ye mighty and despair..."

17. - Top - End - #17

People whose real-life alignment is lawful neutral.
    Seriously. I cannot stand long, drawn-out arguments wherein neither side is correct, or incorrect, and neither side will concede or work together.
    Abstaining from such madness is mandatory in any game I run.
    I dunno if that's justifiable or not. I think so. Some people seem to disagree.
    *shrug*

18. - Top - End - #18

Gishes. Look, either you can swing a sword, or you can toss around fireballs. Not both. For some reason, every player I come across wants a d10 hit die, full BAB and full caster progression. Plus 10 levels of Rainbow Servant. And like eight other one level dips.

And all the wizard haters. [whine]"But I don't like preparing spells..."[/whine] Yeah? Have fun with your full-round metamagic.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

I just can't stand people who whine about people whining in a humorous thread that's supposed to be about people whining...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

In game ability/spell?

Polymorph spells. They slow the game to a crawl, break balance, and create new problems with every new book release.

Race?

Probably elves... I don't like them.

Class?

Samurai class. Not only is it inferior to a middle-eastern flavored fighter, but also it fits less into most campaigns than any other class.

Monks don't HAVE to be tea-sipping, meditating, inner-peace geeks. They CAN be tough, trained... almost street-fighting types that contribute to a party with their tactical speed.

Samurai are just... I dunno... a weak way of locking your PC into a stereotype and crappy build.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    I just can't stand people who whine about people whining in a humorous thread that's supposed to be about people whining...
    I second that.
    As for monks, I don't dislike the flavour people use, I simply hate the class they use. It doesn't make any sense to me. Ahh... I love being able to fall back on irrational hatred when logic simply fails my arguement.
    Nuturion skillfully crafted by The Stoney One
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brew, brew, brew, brew the tasty house rules.
    Dextrous Parry and Insightful Parry (for those who like fighting off the back foot)
    Gufi the Dreadful and Crew (from the Pirate Competition)
    Deathwalkers, Triffids, and Bile-eaters, oh my!

"You know, these clothes do not flatter you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin." ~Jack Sparrow

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Ex-Paladin/Blackguards.

The idea of a hero fallen from grace becoming the ultimate servant of darkness is, when you really think about it, pretty implausible and frankly it's difficult to pull off well. The idea of a former paladin hanging out with demons is just downright silly. But the worst part is that everyone seems so enamored of the idea (WotC is pretty bad in this regard). When really one in a few thousand fallen paladins ought to fall that far.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

23. - Top - End - #23

I quite dig the Ex-Paladin Blackguard concept. What bugs me is that it's virtually impossible to achieve in-game.

"Ah! I have seen my true love cut down before my very eyes! I renounce you - Gods who I once followed - henceforth I shall follow the path of Darkness! Umm... once I go up a level ... and once I can stick enough points into Hide and Move Silently to qualify for the PrC..."

24. - Top - End - #24

Generally speaking I'm not enamoured of many of the new classes from the Complete... books or from the PHB2. They just seem superflous to requirements, and trying to fill niches that just aren't there.

Similarly, Psionics.

Although I've never actually used any of them, so couldn't really be said to 'hate' them per se.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dwarves. Or at least the way Dwarves are played. Normally, in the games I've seen, dwarves get played as short, tough humans, with no flavor. Even Elves seem to get played with more flair than dwarves. I would love to see someone play a dwarf with flavor beyond drinking a lot, being a meatshield, and affecting the perennial Scottish accent. I am sure that many people DO play dwarves that way, I've just never SEEN it. Can I play in your group? Please?
    Hi. I'm a hero. But I can't tell you why. It's classified.

Miles Vorkosigan.

Once Head Librarian of The Silverthorn

Author of "Abandoned Responsibility", a tale of great ships, greatswords, and a halfdragon girl lost on an ocean wider than worlds. And it's free to listen to on Podcastle, along with its sequel, "Responsibility Descending."

For more free F&SF, join my Facebook Group, Scott's Fort. And if you like them well enough to part with money to read more, I'm on Amazon.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Almost none of these are "utterly irational"[sic] as you all seem to be giving good reasons why you hate them. ;)

Maybe the talking squirrels, though. no reasoning behind that, so good on ya for it.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Gnome haters. People who hate gnomes even when they're given good flavor. Why? Because they have a racist's heart. I could easily point out 5 on this board. But I won't. Because otherwise they are tolerable people.

Size-ists!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Paladins. Just can't stand 'em. This is the one class I will never play.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cutesy anime-ish characters. I like my D&D gritty, darnitall, and having a talking, Medium-size squirrel running around, or a twelve-year-old character with big eyes and spiky purple hair... no thanks.

Monks, although not necessarily the monk as written in 3.5. This is a holdover from the old 1st edition monk, who was so broken it wasn't even funny; my irritation with that class has transcended the boundaries of time and good sense and still infects my view of the current monk class.
    Thanks to Doihaveaname? for the custom avatar!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX
    Almost none of these are "utterly irational"[sic] as you all seem to be giving good reasons why you hate them. ;)

Maybe the talking squirrels, though. no reasoning behind that, so good on ya for it.
    Well I hate moderaters that think they are funny and elves. This includes high elves, low elves, dark elves, light elves, wood elves, rock elves, sun elves, moon elves, stick elves, straw elves, fire elves, ice elves, wind elves, star elves, AND any variant of the above
    Geez, with all these new 4.0 books coming out, its a miracle there are any trees alive.