New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Treasure in someone's house

How much treasure would you find in a townperson's house?
    I don't mean just coinage or magic, I mean all of it.
    Livestock, Paintings, silverware, tables, chairs, books, weapons, etc...
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Treasure in someone's house

Possibly found in locations....

Bathroom
    Armoire, Art, Baskets, Bath Tub, Chair/Stuffed chair, Cosmetics (Makeup, Perfume, Soap), Dishes (Cup, Bowl), Hamper, Lamps Sconce, Linens, Mirrors, Rug, Soap dish, Tissue holder, Toothbrushes, Toothbrush holder, Towels, Tweezers,

Bedroom
    Armoire, Art, Baskets, Bed box spring, Bed frame, Bed mattress, Bed side table, Books, Chairs/Stuffed chairs, Clock, Desk, Dresser, Games, Hamper, Hangers, Lamps Sconce, Linens (Bedspread, Bedroom, Comforters, Sheets, Quilts), Mirror, Pillows, Rug, Trunk, Vanity and bench, Wastebasket

Dining Room
    Ale/Beer/Wine, Armoire, Art, Baskets, Bench, Book case, Buffet Table, Candle holders, Candles, Chairs - Dining Room, Chairs/Stuffed, Dishes, Dishes – Nice, Food, Ice buckets, Lenins (Napkins, Placemats Tablecloths), Mirror, Rugs, Shades/Blinds/Curtains, Silverware, Steins/glasses, Storage chest, Table - Dining Room, Table Lamps, Tea kettle, Utensils, Vases

Kitchen
    Art, Baskets, Books, Bread box, Candles, Candle snuffers, Cookie jar, Corkscrews, Dishes, Dishes – Serving, Food - Non-perishables, Lamps Sconce, Linen (Napkins, Placemats), Linens (Aprons, Dishcloths, Tablecloths), Mirrors, Pans, Pitchers, Potholders, Pots, Rugs, Scale, Spices, Steins/Glasses, Stools, Table – Kitchen, Tea kettle, Timer, Utensils, Utensils – Cooking, Utensils – Measuring, Wastebasket

Living Room
    Armoire, Art, Bench, Books, Buffet, Candle holders, Chairs/Stuffed chairs, Coffee table, Couch, End tables, Fireplace accessories, Lamps – Sconce, Lamps – Table, Mirrors, Pillows, Rugs, Vases

Personal
    Belts/suspenders/hats, Blazers, Bracelets, Cuff links, Earrings, Eyeglasses, Formal clothing, Necklaces, Pants, Professional Clothing, Rings, Shirts (short and long sleeve), Shoes/Boots, Sleepwear, Suit, Sweaters, Ties, Tie tacks/Pins, Undergarments, Socks

Office
    Abacus, Armoire, Art, Baskets, Books, Cabinets, Certificates, Chairs/Stuffed chairs, Cigars, Clock, Coffee table, Couch, Desk, Lamp – Table, Lamp Sconce, Lock Box, Mirrors, Paper, Pen & Ink, Rugs, Scale

Closet
    Backpacks, Broom, Brushes – Scrubbing, Bucket, Feather duster, Hangers, Iron, Mop, Sewing Materials

Porch/Deck
    Chair – Outdoor, Chairs/Stuffed chairs, Coffee table, Hammock, Ottoman, Swing, Table – Outdoor, Umbrella

Exterior
    Barn Animals (Chicken, Pig, Cow), Canoe w/Paddles, Garden pots, Garden tools, Grills, Horses, Seeds/bulbs, Skates, Skis & Poles, Sleds, Sleeping bags, Snowshoes, Snow shovel, Tarps, Tent, Wagon, Wheelbarrow
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Are tables and chairs really "treasure"?
    If a tree falls in the forest and the PCs aren't around to hear it... what do I roll to see how loud it is?

Is 3.5 a fried-egg, chili-chutney sandwich?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hewhosaysfish View Post
    Are tables and chairs really "treasure"?
    If you can sell it for coin, it's treasure, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Its all about how you describe them, 'Table and chairs' isnt treasure but 'Antique mahoghanny dining chairs, carved with intricate paterns depicting forest scenes of serenity, they are obviously of Elven craftsmanship and padded with a deep crimson coloured leather' is most certainly treasure.
    Last edited by GodGoblin; 2011-09-16 at 06:55 AM.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Splendor View Post
    How much treasure would you find in a townperson's house?
    I don't mean just coinage or magic, I mean all of it.
    Livestock, Paintings, silverware, tables, chairs, books, weapons, etc...
    Depends on the type of house, sounds like you're thinking a noble or rich merchant type.

If you are looking for ideas, I found that taking a tour of historic home or homes is an excellent way to visualize what players might find in a residence and how those residences are set up. Local historical societies usually have period pieces spanning many generations also.

Antique shops, estate sales and some yard sales are also excellent visual reference point. I've found and have been able to get a hands on look at a lot of things I never would have thought of that have made their way into my games. A camera (be careful with those at antique shops, they don't always appreciate it) helps you remember.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Splendor View Post
    Possibly found in locations....

Bathroom
    [lots of stuff]
    So, the average townsperson lives in a mansion?

What epoc and standard of living are we talking about? A viking house only has one room and not much treasure, a sci-fi house probably has several rooms filled with tech-stuff and furniture.
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal