New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's E6 Compendium

Okay, here is my playtest recruitment thread.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Just running a little math on the Kinetic (Architect).

At level 6, you can surge to get up to level 8, plus your greater archetype bonus to make your effective manifester level as high as 9, which would grant a level 5 astral construct.

A level 5 astral construct has: 23 AC, 29 STR, 68 HP, and two slams attacks (terrible saves though). Plus two abilities (because you took the boost construct feat) from menu B, with goodies like pounce and extra attack.

Worst case, you blow your roll and get, as a standard action for 6 PP, a level 3 construct. Get lucky and you get a wickedly powerful tank. And you extend the power for free. Seems like a mighty strong option considering you can do it 8+ times a day.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Do classes with bonus archetype spells/powers get access to them at 1, or not until they get their archetype powers?

(Also, sorry for the triple-post, but they are spaced out over a week and on separate topics)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Just running a little math on the Kinetic (Architect).

At level 6, you can surge to get up to level 8, plus your greater archetype bonus to make your effective manifester level as high as 9, which would grant a level 5 astral construct.

A level 5 astral construct has: 23 AC, 29 STR, 68 HP, and two slams attacks (terrible saves though). Plus two abilities (because you took the boost construct feat) from menu B, with goodies like pounce and extra attack.

Worst case, you blow your roll and get, as a standard action for 6 PP, a level 3 construct. Get lucky and you get a wickedly powerful tank. And you extend the power for free. Seems like a mighty strong option considering you can do it 8+ times a day.
    Yeeeeeah... I shall have to tone that down, by gum.

Do classes with bonus archetype spells/powers get access to them at 1, or not until they get their archetype powers?

(Also, sorry for the triple-post, but they are spaced out over a week and on separate topics)
    The intention was for them to have the bonus spells available at level 1.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the issue isn't with the surge or the boost, but stacking them together. Maybe make it an either/or choice. A fourth level construct is powerful, but that's part of your capstone.

I've got a scenario brewing that will abuse the ability to manifest from the construct's square, but it easier for a DM to abuse than a player.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

How odd would a "universal" archetype be? I've been trying to think of a way to adapt Incarnum to this system, but I couldn't, so I thought of making archetypes that any class could take.

Also, an Assassin feat chain. And a Shadowdancer one. These are meant as "prestige" feat chains, it is recomended that DMs think about letting characters take feats from more than one prestige feat chain. I have several more planned off the SRD prestige classes, at least. I want at least one option per class. Loremaster and Archmage are next.

Assassin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assassin Novice [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 5 [Epic] Feats
    Benefit: The character gains the Death Attack Ability, or, if she already has it, the DC is raised by 2.

Assassin Initiate [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 10 [Epic] Feats, Assassin Novice
    Benefit: The character gains one more sneak attack die.

Assassin Veteran [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 15 [Epic] Feats, Assassin Novice, Assassin Initiate
    Benefit: The character can prepare up to her Int. modifier of 1st level spells off the Assassin list, as Spell Like Abilities.

Assassin Master [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 20 [Epic] Feats, Assassin Novice, Assassin Initiate, Assassin Veteran
    Benefit: The character gains the Hide in Plain Sight ability.

Shadowdancer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadowdancer Novice [Epic]
    Benefit: The character gains the Shadow Illusion ability.

Shadowdancer Initiate [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 10 [Epic] Feats, Shadowdancer Novice
    Benefit: The character gains the ability to Shadow Jump, with a maximum range of 20 feet. However, the character can jump up to 60 feet total in a day. In addition, the character can jump in intervals of 5 feet, 10 feet, 15 feet, or 20 feet at a time, instead of just 10 or 20 feet.

Shadowdancer Veteran [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 15 [Epic] Feats, Shadowdancer Novice, Shadowdancer Initiate
    Benefit: The character gains the ability to use the Summon Shadow ability, with the following changes. The Shadow is no longer incorporeal, and it does not have the Create Spawn ability.

Shadowdancer Master [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 20 [Epic] Feats, Shadowdancer Novice, Shadowdancer Initiate, Shadowdancer Veteran
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-06-22 at 10:25 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    How odd would a "universal" archetype be? I've been trying to think of a way to adapt Incarnum to this system, but I couldn't, so I thought of making archetypes that any class could take.

Also, an Assassin feat chain. And a Shadowdancer one. These are meant as "prestige" feat chains, it is recomended that DMs think about letting characters take feats from more than one prestige feat chain. I have several more planned off the SRD prestige classes, at least. I want at least one option per class. Loremaster and Archmage are next.

Assassin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assassin Novice [Epic]
    Benefit: The character gains the Death Attack Ability, or, if she already has it, the DC is raised by 2.

Assassin Initiate [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 10 [Epic] Feats, Assassin Novice
    Benefit: The character gains one more sneak attack die.

Assassin Veteran [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 15 [Epic] Feats, Assassin Novice, Assassin Initiate
    Benefit: The character can prepare up to her Int. modifier of 1st level spells off the Assassin list, as Spell Like Abilities.

Assassin Master [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 20 [Epic] Feats, Assassin Novice, Assassin Initiate, Assassin Veteran

Shadowdancer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadowdancer Novice [Epic]
    Benefit: The character gains the Shadow Illusion ability.

Shadowdancer Initiate [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 10 [Epic] Feats, Shadowdancer Novice
    Benefit: The character gains the ability to Shadow Jump, with a maximum range of 20 feet. However, the character can jump up to 60 feet total in a day. In addition, the character can jump in intervals of 5 feet, 10 feet, 15 feet, or 20 feet at a time, instead of just 10 or 20 feet.

Shadowdancer Veteran [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 15 [Epic] Feats, Shadowdancer Novice, Shadowdancer Initiate
    Benefit: The character gains the ability to use the Summon Shadow ability, with the following changes. The Shadow is no longer incorporeal, and it does not have the Create Spawn ability.

Shadowdancer Master [Epic]
    Prerequisites: Scoundrel level 6 or Subliminal level 6, 20 [Epic] Feats, Shadowdancer Novice, Shadowdancer Initiate, Shadowdancer Veteran
    I think Incarnum could be adapted using its own base class. D8 hit die, medium BAB, strong Fort save. Archetypes could be: a feral, mobile warrior, a heavily-armored forgemaster, a cruel and domineering necromancer, a divinely-inspired healer, and a middle-of-the-road archetype devoted to meldshaping only. I'll see about putting one together. Honestly, once that's done, I may have to put together separate base classes for all the other subsystems and give them their own section: Binders, Warlocks, Truenamers, and Shadowcasters. Am I missing any? This would almost completely invalidate the Sage as a class. But I'm not exactly sad about that, it still needs a complete overhaul.

In addition, Eldest, I really like the feats. I've tried to include a few prestige classes as archetypes, but this is a way for any archetype to dabble in the field without committing themselves whole hog.

EDIT:

The Shaper

HD: d8
    Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim
    Skill Points: 4 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Soul Melds|Essentia|Chakra Binds

1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Meldshaping, Lesser Archetype Power|2|1|0

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Chakra Bind (crown)|3|2|1

3rd|+2|+3|+1|+1|Moderate Archetype Power|3|3|1

4th|+3|+4|+1|+1|Chakra Bind (feet, hands)|4|4|1

5th|+3|+4|+1|+1||4|5|1

6th|+4|+5|+2|+2|Greater Archetype Power|4|6|2[/table]

Proficiencies: The shaper is proficient with simple weapons, light and medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Meldshaping: The shaper may shape soulmelds drawn from the appropriate list for his archetype. The DC of the shaper's soulmeld, if appropriate, is equal to 10 + the number of points of essentia invested in the soulmeld + the shaper's Constitution modifier. His meldshaper level is equal to his class level. The shaper may only shape a number of soulmelds at any one time equal to his Constitution modifier or the maximum appropriate for his level (given in the above table), whichever is lower. The shaper gains access to the appropriate pool of essentia for his level, which he may reinvest as a swift action. The shaper must get a good night's rest and spend one hour meditating to shape his soulmelds for the day.

At 1st level, a shaper's essentia capacity is one. At 6th level, his essentia capacity increases to 2.

Archetypes

Azure Adept

An azure adept may shape soulmelds from the incarnate list.

Delver

A delver may shape soulmelds from the incarnate list, and any with the evil descriptor.

Oversoul

An oversoul may shape soulmelds from the incarnate list.

Soulforger

A soulforger may shape soulmelds from the soulborn list.

Wildspeaker

A wildspeaker may shape soulmelds from the totemist list.

The Warlock

HD: d6
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (the planes), Knowledge (religion), Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device
    Skill Points: 4 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invocations Known

1st|+0|+2|+0|+2|Archetype Power (Lesser), Eldritch Blast 1d6, Invocations (Least)|1

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+3|Protective Patron|2

3rd|+1|+3|+1|+3|Archetype Power (Moderate), Eldritch Blast 2d6|3

4th|+2|+4|+1|+4|Bound by Blood|4

5th|+2|+4|+1|+4|Eldritch Blast 3d6|5

6th|+3|+5|+2|+5|Archetype Power (Greater), Invocations (Lesser)|6[/table]

Proficiencies: The warlock is proficient with light armor and simple weapons. He does not suffer any arcane spell failure when casting in light armor.

Protective Patron: At 2nd level, the warlock gains damage reduction x/-, where x is equal to half his class level.

Bound by Blood: At 4th level, the warlock gains resistance 5 to his choice of two of the following energy types: fire, cold, acid, electricity, or sonic.

Archetypes:

Changeling

Bonus Invocations
    Least: Beguiling Influence
    Lesser: Charm

Dokaal

Lesser Archetype Power: A dokaal, in lieu of the eldritch blast ability, gains a breath weapon usable at will as a standard action. The damage of the breath weapon scales at the same rate as the normal eldritch blast ability, but does fire damage. The breath weapon may be either a fifteen foot cone or a thirty foot line. A successful Reflex save (DC equal to 10 + half the dokaal's level + the dokaal's Constitution modifier) halves the damage. A dokaal does not receive eldritch essence or blast shape invocations, but at any point where they would normally receive one, they may instead choose a dragonfire adept breath effect (they may select breath effects that have a minimum level of two even at level one). In addition, a dokaal gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half his level.

Bonus Invocations
    Least: Draconic Knowledge
    Lesser: Draconic Flight

Faustian

Bonus Invocations
    Least: Baleful Utterance
    Lesser: Curse of Despair

Gloombound

Bonus Invocations
    Least: Summon Swarm
    Lesser: Walk Unseen

Herald of the Beyond

Bonus Invocations
    Least: See the Unseen
    Lesser: Flee the Scene

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

As far as other subsystems go, there is also the aura abilities from the Marshall and the dragon themed variant (AFB right now...), but those are somewhat already covered by the zealot, and the idea is perhaps too passive in design to base an entire class on.

As far as invalidating the sage as a class, I don't think that is too much of a problem, as it always felt like the least coherent one of them all and, IMO, it suffers from being too unfocused.
    The Age of Warrior, a ToB expansion.

Credits to Ninjaman for old Death Jester avatar.
    Homebrew (feel free to PEACH)
    Base Classes:
    Fighter Fix, The Sublime Matador

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Jester View Post
    As far as other subsystems go, there is also the aura abilities from the Marshall and the dragon themed variant (AFB right now...), but those are somewhat already covered by the zealot, and the idea is perhaps too passive in design to base an entire class on.

As far as invalidating the sage as a class, I don't think that is too much of a problem, as it always felt like the least coherent one of them all and, IMO, it suffers from being too unfocused.
    I think between the Shaper, the Binder, the Warlock, the Truenamer, and the Shadowcaster, I'll have my hands full. I might replace the Shadowcaster (which is admittedly a very niche pick) with a generic ToB base class.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Is the banshee's lesser archetype of dealing CHA x level sonic in a 15' burst too powerful? Obviously it scales as you crank your charisma, but it should be feasible to get 22 CHA by level 6 (or higher, getting a boost via spell), giving you 36 damage, no save, no roll. You get that much CHA and it turns into a maximized spell, centered on you.

Should it be fort half, or be 1d6 per level + CHA mod? I like that the classes get powerful abilities that are worth using, but it can be a fine line. I bring this up because in my playtest the banshee opponent is pretty nasty (though throwing 3 level 2s against 5 level 1s is just mean to start with).

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

You know, I love what you've done. Often I'm stuck trying to make an interesting 20 level base class, but E6 and your template would allow for a much more condensed and flavoured class. So this gives me a few ideas.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    *snip*
    Hm. Honestly, I'm not sure giving Soulborn its own archetype is such a hot idea. They have a much worse meld selection, really. But you've not completed it, so I suppose you may have something good in mind.

On warlock- I have never been a fan of dividing their invocation selection, but I can understand the motivation. I think dividing into Essence/Blast Shape/Other is one too many categories though, for sure- especially with how few blast shapes (particularly useful blast shapes) there are. I suppose it does make the Dragonfire Adept interpretation easier, but it really cuts down hard on build selection. You'd see a lot of warlocks with Eldritch Glaive/Eldritch Chain.

I'd probably recommend two categories at maximum, but personally I think keeping them as one category would be preferable. Just gives more build possibilities, really, which I always think of as a plus (one of the reasons I've always preferred Warlock over DFA). I suppose you could just take these ideas and make a more 'other invocation' heavy archetype though.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the banshee's lesser archetype of dealing CHA x level sonic in a 15' burst too powerful? Obviously it scales as you crank your charisma, but it should be feasible to get 22 CHA by level 6 (or higher, getting a boost via spell), giving you 36 damage, no save, no roll. You get that much CHA and it turns into a maximized spell, centered on you.

Should it be fort half, or be 1d6 per level + CHA mod? I like that the classes get powerful abilities that are worth using, but it can be a fine line. I bring this up because in my playtest the banshee opponent is pretty nasty (though throwing 3 level 2s against 5 level 1s is just mean to start with).
    As the player whose character is dead because of this, I think it's really because of such a large power gap between when you get your archetype and when you don't. I mean, even getting my archtype would give me the option to attack from range, by throwing a mindblade.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I think having both a Fortitude save for half and making it 1d6 per level + CHA would be reasonable. That's still a hefty chunk of damage that the banshee can deal multiple times per day, in addition to their other abilities. And not rolling for damage kind of goes against the spirit of the game, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    You know, I love what you've done. Often I'm stuck trying to make an interesting 20 level base class, but E6 and your template would allow for a much more condensed and flavoured class. So this gives me a few ideas.
    Thanks! That was one of the main reasons I decided to go with the E6 project - significantly less work.

Hm. Honestly, I'm not sure giving Soulborn its own archetype is such a hot idea. They have a much worse meld selection, really. But you've not completed it, so I suppose you may have something good in mind.

On warlock- I have never been a fan of dividing their invocation selection, but I can understand the motivation. I think dividing into Essence/Blast Shape/Other is one too many categories though, for sure- especially with how few blast shapes (particularly useful blast shapes) there are. I suppose it does make the Dragonfire Adept interpretation easier, but it really cuts down hard on build selection. You'd see a lot of warlocks with Eldritch Glaive/Eldritch Chain.

I'd probably recommend two categories at maximum, but personally I think keeping them as one category would be preferable. Just gives more build possibilities, really, which I always think of as a plus (one of the reasons I've always preferred Warlock over DFA). I suppose you could just take these ideas and make a more 'other invocation' heavy archetype though.
    1. The soulborn's melds aren't great, yeah, but it's mostly the fact that they have a poor meldshaping progression that hurts them. I plan on making up for it in other ways, don't worry.

2. I could feasibly cut down the invocations to standard (or slightly above) and give each archetype bonus invocations, like DMofDarkness did. I think the warlock should, at 6th level, have about six invocations, not four. But I see your point about opening up the build options.

As the player whose character is dead because of this, I think it's really because of such a large power gap between when you get your archetype and when you don't. I mean, even getting my archtype would give me the option to attack from range, by throwing a mindblade.
    More ammunition for making archetype abilities available at 1st, 3rd, and 6th level rather than 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

In fact, here's my (sort of) official ruling on the subject: though it will not be reflected in the original class threads or the first page of this thread until I have a chance to go back and edit all of them, archetype abilities are now available at 1st, 3rd, and 6th level.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

2. I could feasibly cut down the invocations to standard (or slightly above) and give each archetype bonus invocations, like DMofDarkness did. I think the warlock should, at 6th level, have about six invocations, not four. But I see your point about opening up the build options.
    Oh, I'm all for more invocations. At least one per level has always sounded much more fair to me as well. I just don't think they should be subdivided quite so much, though I can see how it would potentially open up balance issues if you didn't. Archetype bonus invocations might do the trick.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Hurray for 1st level archetypes! I fully support this change. I presume level 1 & 2 (and 3/4) just get flipped?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurray for 1st level archetypes! I fully support this change. I presume level 1 & 2 (and 3/4) just get flipped?
    Doubtful, as a lot of those 1st level abilities are quite crucial to the function of the class (and a few LAAs key off of a main class feature). Here's how I see it happening: Lesser Archetype Power moves to 1st level. Previous 1st level abilities stay the same. 3rd and 4th abilities (i.e., whatever + Moderate Archetype Ability) switch. I add new 2nd level abilities to every class.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, that's a bigger job. I hold off on updating my playtest group than.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, that's a bigger job. I hold off on updating my playtest group than.
    Indeed. That's why I said it was only sort of official - it will be actually official once I've done all the relevant work.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd suggest something to give Aspirants the ability to use their buffs and such faster in combat for a second level ability. I'm finding I don't use the psionics nearly as much as I want to, because I need to attack instead.
    LGBTA+itP

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd suggest something to give Aspirants the ability to use their buffs and such faster in combat for a second level ability. I'm finding I don't use the psionics nearly as much as I want to, because I need to attack instead.
    Possibly something along the lines of "An aspirant may expend psionic focus to manifest a single power as a swift action?"

My gut instinct is that it is perhaps a bit too powerful for 2nd level, but it does totally support the play style of the class. I'll think on it.

Oh, and: I will be on vacation (and without regular internet access) for the next two weeks. Don't expect me to make a lot of headway on the project until I return. I'll still be here in spirit, though.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just wanted to lay down a thought on the NPC Peasant class, of all things. Basically, my issue is with the warrior's moderate archetype power. 4 HP per hit die seems a little high. Assuming max health per level, this puts them on par with hunters. That may not be too bad. However, many DMs seem to like running average health per level. By the way the system works, this would mean that a warrior peasant gains HP each level equal to a sentinel.

Health Progression (Warrior)
    4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + (4*6) = 40
    Health Progression (Sentinel)
    12 + 6 + 7 + 6 + 7 + 6 = 44
    Health Progression (Gladiator)
    10 + 5 + 6 + 5 + 6 + 5 = 37

Of course, all of this ignores constitution modifiers. I'll assume that many combat PCs will have a higher Cont score than an NPC. Still, I just wanted to bring this up.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Possibly something along the lines of "An aspirant may expend psionic focus to manifest a single power as a swift action?"

My gut instinct is that it is perhaps a bit too powerful for 2nd level, but it does totally support the play style of the class. I'll think on it.
    What about only for powers with a target of You or cast on yourself? You still wouldn't be able to double cast if you want to fight, and it would reinforce your role as a combatant more than a caster.
    The Age of Warrior, a ToB expansion.

Credits to Ninjaman for old Death Jester avatar.
    Homebrew (feel free to PEACH)
    Base Classes:
    Fighter Fix, The Sublime Matador

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Jester View Post
    What about only for powers with a target of You or cast on yourself? You still wouldn't be able to double cast if you want to fight, and it would reinforce your role as a combatant more than a caster.
    Dammit, that should have read "a single power with a range of personal".

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

I'm looking at the sage and is it just me or are they almost entirely useless at level 1? I know things start to get a bit better at level 2, but it seems to me that you have to slog through level 1 doing almost nothing useful in combat. I'm not saying that a Sage should be a ninja, but every class should offer something interesting in combat. Maybe give them an aura or something?
    OMFGWTF!!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kanachi View Post
    I'm looking at the sage and is it just me or are they almost entirely useless at level 1? I know things start to get a bit better at level 2, but it seems to me that you have to slog through level 1 doing almost nothing useful in combat. I'm not saying that a Sage should be a ninja, but every class should offer something interesting in combat. Maybe give them an aura or something?
    The archetype powers are getting moved to one, so no problem there.
    Last edited by stack; 2012-06-28 at 07:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Gnorman has said that the Sage needs to complete overhaul, and he is in the process of creating classes to replace nearly all of the Sage's archetypes (though I hope the Polyglot survives in some form, as I love the idea)

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, didact would work pretty well as a base class, with archetypes base on some of the truenaming prestige classes. And the polyglot would be a good archetype there as well.

Hmm, polyglot, summoning focused, and...self buffing gish? Could work.Not sure what you could bind effectively in E6, but maybe you could make weak outsiders similar to the tyrant's henchmen? Or rely heavily on quasits, imps, lemures and lantern archons....

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

My current plan for the Sage is to offer him limited spellcasting (through SLAs, somewhat similar to the factotum). Prepared casting with very limited spells per day, but he'd be able to cast any spell on any mage list. Represents his wide range of knowledge. I am also planning to add an aura-like ability, that will give minor bonuses to allies representing a Sage's knowledge of anatomy, biology, et cetera. Bonuses to hit, damage, to confirm criticals, to resist the spell-like abilities. Or perhaps it may gain the ability to mimic the qualities and abilities of certain monsters, depending on each individual sage's specialty.

The Polyglot and Tactician are guaranteed to stay as archetypes, but the Didact, Caller, and Occultist are likely to be made obsolete by the new planned base classes. I do plan on bringing back the Anatomist at the very least.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Remember how I said I was going to write up Archmage and Loremaster abilities? I may have forgotten...
    So here's a preliminary idea for both. The Archmage will gain abilities that enhance pure magical skill: I'm thinking some counterspelling love, a boost against SR, the ability to absorb a few spell levels a day and use them yourself, and (say) they don't have to increase the casting time of their spells when they add metamagic. It doesn't pull from the actual Archmage PrC but (in my mind) gives the idea of a master of arcana itself. Best of all, this can be used by all the Mages.
    Loremaster, on the other hand, seems like a Blue and Black thing. So they gain the Lore ability, with a bonus on the roll equal to the number of Loremaster feats they have, as well as the ability to Identify items. That's all the first feat. Then the ability to heal themselves somewhat if the need arises, a large bonus on Knowledge checks (and you can try them untrained), and finally the ability to get two spells added to your spells known list, one from each "allied" color. Obviously, this last bit will require careful wording; at the very least, they will have to be 2nd level and under, not 3rd level. Also, the Sage will need to be watched, to see if it will make this version of the prestige class invalid.

Of course, I'll need to write these up in the format I made for the last two. I'm just too tired right now to do so.
    LGBTA+itP