New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Phantom of the Opera Werewolf V - The Horror Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Still, wouldn't the wolves simply target the real one from you/GB and the baner would have to decide on who to bane, incluiding Lemons (who if he were to die I'd have to claim in the thread anyway). That would be too risky to have the seer killed, IMO.
    Well, night 1 made me think the wolves wouldn't actually take a shot at me, plus I didn't know I was the Seer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Well, night 1 made me think the wolves wouldn't actually take a shot at me, plus I didn't know I was the Seer.
    Well, that's because only you were outed for the baner to protect, now there's you and Grimm Grue. To do what you've thought of I think I'd have been better to keep quiet about GB for another day. That way you'd be likely to be baned again and wouldn't have to worry about that.

Edit: Note, the main reason I claimed is because I think the villagers shold be aware that they're risking the seer, not possibly the fool. That changes things.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-11-19 at 04:16 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wow, you guys really rely on seers a lot, don't you? It would have been far better to just lynch Grue Bait as the more suspicious one than dragging two more power roles out in the open. Sigh...

And Gray, it doesn't change much, since he is already out in the open, we have to know which one is the real seer. We either have to make that decision as a group or put it on the baner. If the baner targets the wrong seer claimant, the seer will be just as dead. I like the group's chances a little better (if the wolves try to pull anything, they will lead us right to them, and that is worth risking the seer for).

Further, a lynch wagon gives us more to analyze, which is more important with the seer at risk.
    The BareFoot Programmer

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Wow, you guys really rely on seers a lot, don't you? It would have been far better to just lynch Grue Bait as the more suspicious one than dragging two more power roles out in the open. Sigh...
    Are you talking about me and banjo? Because while I can see a case being made that banjo didn't need to claim (not that the day baner is that important of a role), the fool is, well, useless. Worse then useless since his main thing is that the seer won't know he is the seer. Frankly, it's a villager (that can get somene good mistakenly lynched) with a fancy name. And with the seer in the open it's not like the wolves would risk not killing them or even scrying them. I'm sure they'd soon know if the seer in the open is the seer or the fool really soon anyway.

And Gray, it doesn't change much, since he is already out in the open, we have to know which one is the real seer. We either have to make that decision as a group or put it on the baner. If the baner targets the wrong seer claimant, the seer will be just as dead. I like the group's chances a little better (if the wolves try to pull anything, they will lead us right to them, and that is worth risking the seer for).

Further, a lynch wagon gives us more to analyze, which is more important with the seer at risk.
    Which is basicaly what I said (letting it depend on the baner only is worse then a lynch). What's your point?
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-11-19 at 04:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

the fool is, well, useless.
    You need to look at some more of Ramsus' games. I think the most recent YOW was one where he led town as the fool.

Which is basicaly what I said (letting it depend on the baner only is worse then a lynch). What's your point?
    The point is that I skimmed a massive discussion in a short time and missed an argument. Sorry.
    The BareFoot Programmer

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, that's because only you were outed for the baner to protect, now there's you and Grimm Grue. To do what you've thought of I think I'd have been better to keep quiet about GB for another day. That way you'd be likely to be baned again and wouldn't have to worry about that.

Edit: Note, the main reason I claimed is because I think the villagers shold be aware that they're risking the seer, not possibly the fool. That changes things.
    I knew it was Grue when Lemons said he knew the Seer; I figured the Baner did too. And if the wolves hit the baned target they lose their guy for nothing so I thought they were playing it safe and trying to wait it out.

Fool is not useless, it's good for claiming a role and for finding the Seer to act as proxy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

You need to look at some more of Ramsus' games. I think the most recent YOW was one where he led town as the fool.
    I think you're confusing things. The fool as a role is mostly useless. His only use is to be an uncontested town after he finds out his role (like Ramsus did). However, the player of the fool isn't useless like Ramsus proved (or at least I'd like to think I'm not too ). The ability to lead the town is not dependent of him being the fool, he could have done the same thing as network cleared villager.

Having items is a bonus, of course.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Grue Bait Indeed, has done something quite wrong,
    To attempt to deceive in this house of song,
    To think that WE would believe such outrageous lies,
    It's like he thinks we're all bandwagoning flies!"

Terreur's own brain added on another line,
    For I deceived the villagers perfectly fine,
    Last time they didn't have a clue,
    Rather than this outrageous grue.

(I haven't been on, unfortunantly. But either way, I believe we've got our wolf. Although Banjo claiming is NOT ideal. Gray Mage does have the ability to die without worrying everyone. But do remember that Banjo's death will stop us from getting our special victory. You know, the one which relies on both Raoul and Christine surviving.

But what's done is done, I guess.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, this is it. Hopefully we get a good outcome. If not, we are pretty much going to be wiped out of power roles as they slowly get night killed away.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I think you're confusing things. The fool as a role is mostly useless.
    A lot of it boils down to A) who's playing the Fool and B) which game it is. As Gray Mage says, Ramsus made a nice fool in YOW. The other thing to consider is that not all games use 0% Fool accuracy. Others have much better chances of scrying correctly. Some use 50/50, and I believe I actually saw a game where the Fool had more than a 50% chance of being right.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    A lot of it boils down to A) who's playing the Fool and B) which game it is. As Gray Mage says, Ramsus made a nice fool in YOW. The other thing to consider is that not all games use 0% Fool accuracy. Others have much better chances of scrying correctly. Some use 50/50, and I believe I actually saw a game where the Fool had more than a 50% chance of being right.
    Actually, if it were 0% of accuracy, the fool could be usefull, granted that you could exclude correctly one role. The problem is when the result is random, but not necessarily wrong, since you can't conclude anything from that.

Oh, and bladescape: Glad to know I'd/will be missed if/when I die.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

Ramsus also made a nice vanillager in Classic, so that pretty much means nothing.
    0% accuracy is more useful than 50%, at least if you know about it. 0% would mean a player scried as wolf would be cleared, 50% means it's still a coin toss. (In fact anything between 0 and 100 makes things a lot harder.)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Am I mistaken in thinking that there should have been a narration by now?
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

A lot of people aren't always on on the weekends.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    A lot of people aren't always on on the weekends.
    And now that you mention it, I remember one of the narrators commenting about how he would be late on "Sunday's update" so that could be this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

End of Night 2

The members of the cast and audience stand and think things through. Then one person claims to be Madame Giry.

"You are not Madame Giry, I am!"
    "No you are not!"

The debate goes back and forth, then the peoples trapped in the Opera House throw up their hands. Then with a speech in ryhme, the audience decides, that the bait for Grues.

"Clever folk you are indeed,
    but go quietly will I not!"

Grue reveals a set of large teeths and lunges at the cast. Chairs are thrown, and the members of the audience who brought weapons to the Opera house move to protect the others. The grue rips at them, but in the end a sword thrust through the heart ends the beast.

Summary: Grue Bait was lynched, he was a shadow.
    Night 2 begins and ends in twenty-four hours.

17. - Top - End - #137

Since Murska can't be Carlotta this time, I'm 99% sure he's a wolf. That other 1% is the narrator accidentally giving him the wrong role
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-11-21 at 12:42 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Well that should pretty much wrap things up.
    If you have a role let me know so I don't have to scry you.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

It's target saturation!

Now the shadows have to work out which of the many targets has been baned. That was totally my plan right from the start...yeah.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Now we need to figure out who the seer is and who the fool is.

Oh yah, good luck on the bane tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

When i think about it, its the first game i got killed by wolves!
    Despite everything, its still me.

22. - Top - End - #142

End of Night 2

The cast, happy that one of the dark things holding them here is dead, relaxes and nurses their wounds. In the manager's office, Andre and Firim are having an arguement.

"Now Andre please calm down,
    there nothing to fear."

"Nothing to fear, when we can't leave?
    Dear Firim I disagree."

While the pair talk back and forth, the darkness of the Opera House focuses in on their office.

"Firim, do you feel a chill?"
    "I do indeed, perhaps there's something ill?"

The managers turn as the door opens, and the darkness rushes inside.

Later, when the members of the cast come to check on the managers, the office is a wreck, desk and chairs in pieces. As for the managers, there's no sign of them, but a large spot of blood on the floor.

Summary: Fleeing Coward and cd4 were killed, they were Andre and Firim.
    Day 3 begins and ends in 48 hours.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Targets are appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

TBFProgrammer strikes me as odd, but that's normal. Bladescape's kinda quiet, but I don't want to kill my RP partner.

Monsieur Terreur, is they're something you're keeping
    From your old friend; Killing folks while they're sleeping?
    No matter, no matter... Not yet, anyway.
    If you are, I'm sure we'll lynch you, some day.

The Programmer now, triggering my radar.
    What do you think, friend? ...Have a cigar.
    The show keeps on playing, not bored yet, you say.
    Seeing the same thing go day after day.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dang it! Why wasn't I the baner? These wolves are so predictable!
    It's a crime! A crime I say! This is truly dispicable!

((Anyways, bladescape is my primary target right now. The kills seem to fit what I imagine he would do. Plus I had a reason based on his voting, which I seem to have forgotten. I'll edit this when I remember what it was.))
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

Murska as he has not claimed anything and the fact that he was one of the last few to hop on the wagon.
    Last edited by 52.5 Lemons; 2011-11-23 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Good enough for me.

Penguinator for not being cleared.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

"Indeed my good friend, but I never tire,
    Of watching Christine rise higher and higher,
    But back to the other matter at hand,
    Who is evil, and whose in the band?

Well, as of the moment, I'm not really sure,
    I wouldn't want to be known as a complete bore,
    But really? The one that sticks out the most,
    Would be the green eye, not a ghost."

Alas, Terreur thought to himself,
    My mind isn't as good as my health,
    And I'm rather not being able to think,
    My spreadsheets are appearing to shrink.

(Murska)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-11-23 at 06:35 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Good enough for me.

Penguinator for not being cleared.
    You ask for targets, and decide that I make a good one because I provided analysis. Wow, congrats. That takes talent.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

You ask for targets, and decide that I make a good one because I provided analysis. Wow, congrats. That takes talent.
    Actually, I just wanted to know who you were going to point at.
    Spoiler
    Show