New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,432 of 1432
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

"Haha, the cover's a bit tacky, but that's a good find, Ace!" Monique laughs, having just sent their companions to buy two of the rituals contained within the book. She frowns, thinking about all the hours of study it would take to learn all these interesting spells and rituals she has been dealing with lately, and wishes there were a spell to learn spells more quickly.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Ace and Monique :
    Once they are done gathering book, the two heroes heads out to the meeting point. As they leave, Ace lock up the door behind him and they use the secret passage to get out.

Ashe and Bolerum :
    Since both group are in some hurry, Grok wish the heroes god luck and leave the magician shop. The elf and human finish the group shoping and head to the meeting point in the old district.

July 22nd, 1500, Dinner time :
    The four heroes meet up at the designated area in the old district.

Spoiler
    Show
    You did not tell me what you plan to do exactly for Red dagger ... now is the time to move toward that.

You can keep doing your shopping in OOC until you teleport to the ruins (I assume all what you still are discussing have been done by Ashe and Bolerum... unless you wish to go see someone in particular).

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    The Vistani adjusts his hat as they approach the meeting place, and suddenly he is a gruff aging man in civilian clothes. If I show my face, Red might skiddaddle, so I'll show someone else' face; that of the partner of one of Red's victims, explains Ace, suppressing his Vistani accent. Just as I can disguise myself as someone who's still alive, Red might too. If we go in weapons flying, we might injure a woman whose identity Red has stolen. I'd like to chat her up first, confirm my suspicions first; anyone got a plan?

Spoiler
    Show
    Ace currently looks like the senior corrupt guard from the Old District.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Once a plan is made, Bolerum find a nice spot where he can see the two main door, the front one and the side, as well as inside the main room from a large window.
    Ace enter the Fil D'Or Inn while the other wait outside, ready to go in a few moment later, or sooner if Ace is in trouble. The place is crowded, as it was the last evening. Ace recognise many patrons from the last time, but as he scan the room, he doesnt find the woman he is seeking, nor any of the other personna he suspect she might use. Going to the bar, the Innkeeper welcome him,
    "Hello Barry, an Ale as usual? Havent seen you in a couple days. Did you find your missing partner yet?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If I understood right, you took the appearance of the night middle gate guard who's partner got killed and dumped onto your bed.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

"Barry"
    Naw, still no luck. I hope the poor lad's okay, replies "Barry", buying an ale as usual. Say, that dame that's been staying here, with the ruby earrings? She still here? She left me a note saying she thought she knew where the lad got himself to, he lies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff to pull off disguise: (1d20+16)[17] incl. +5 from my Hat.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The innkeeper seem to consider the woman description for a moment, apparently having to thinkn about it a little before some light of recognition appear on his face.
    "Oh, you mean miss Lancenoire!. We'll you're not in luck, she closed her bill and left four.... no five days ago. She had finaly concluded her buisnesses here and was leaving town."

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

"Barry"
    Aw, dangit... there was so much to do when he went missing, I couldn't come to see her... and now it's too late. Well, I'd best get back to the search. See ya 'round. "Barry" finishes his ale, then leaves the inn, paying for the drink as he goes. He intercepts his allies outside. Blast an' damnit, she's gone!
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    With a snap of his fingers, Ace stands before his allies, looking very much like himself. I'm real sorry fer the delay, podnahs, but I gotta at least pull my leads and informants in the city, see what I can find. I cannot in good conscience leave that magical murderess loose in the city while we go dungeon delvin' says the sorcerer, his eyes glowing faintly with a magical light.

He leads the group on a merry adventure to various guard posts and inns, even to an alley where he speaks to some Guild scouts. Finally, the group ends up at the north gate, where a guard tells them that a woman matching Red's description left, apparently to investigate the silence of Fort-Du-Col. After thanking the man, Ace leads the group back into the city.

A vision a mine from a few nights past is makin' s'more sense; she's outta town. If we're 'portin' out ta Magdebourg, then we might actually be headin' the bitch off; it'd be nice ta be a step ahead a her fer once. I've gotta report in wit' Jules an' Zo' one more time afore we go, an' then we're free ta head on down ta Flammemorte's place fer the ritual. The Vistani leads his companions to the Thieves' Guild HQ.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-10-18 at 04:45 PM.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The heroes end up at the tavern door roughly two hours after leaving the Fil D'Or inn. As you enter, dinner time left place for drink time. The place is crowded, but you still spot Julian at his usual table playing cards with two mens.
    Julian spot them and say,
    "Having some money to loose Spades?"
    You notice many sad faces around at different tables, letting you know that they surely dont know the good new about Zorana yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that if anyone of you wanted to split up to do something else, just roleplay it and I'll adjust to fit your needs.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    Naw Julian, not t'night; got an appointment ta keep wit' Flammemorte. Saved her, by the way. She paid me with this snazzy new hat, says Ace, adjusting the headgear in question. Just wanted ta give y'all a status update; y'all got a mo' t'spare? he asks.

After Julian leads Ace and company into the meeting room, Ace explains the situation. We tried ta sting Red today at the Fils D'Or, usin' the description Zo' gave us; turns out, she checked out days ago. A vision I had a few days ago an' a report from a guard at the north gate confirm that "she" left town by the north gate; now Zorana should still be careful, since we know Red's a shapechanger an' might reenter the city with a new disguise, but we're thinkin' that with Green dead, Zo' supposedly dead an' me given up, Red had no reason ta stay in Bord-Eau anymore. We're headin' ta Flammemorte's place so's we can port over ta the ruins a Magdebourg to go race the goblins ta some magical artifact. We might even head Red off some'ere out there. Anythin' y'all want me ta do fer the Guild 'fore we roll on out tonight?
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-10-18 at 05:05 PM.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The man nod at Ace,
    "I'll tell Zorana what you've learned. We will be careful, and be too. There is nothing that really need to be done now. I guess zorana will be able toshow herself to the rest of the gang now that it is relatively safe, which may help with the few who were mad at you."
    The man smile,and shake Ace hand, then salute everyone else,
    "Take care guys."
    The man lead you back to the main tavern room, then return to his card game.

Spoiler
    Show
    What comes next?
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-10-18 at 08:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

It appears our business in the city is concluded, let us return to Flammemorte and get to Magdebourg as soon as possible.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Having concluded their buisness with the thief guild, the heroes move to Flammemorte mansion. Once there, Martin answer the door, then lead the heroes to the mage private study on the second floor.

As they go in the mansion, the heroes notice that the place is decorated mostly with statues, and as they get deeper into the house, the craftmanship quality diminiss slowly, not to a point where it isnt good enough, but it is noticable.

Once at Flammemorte inner sanctum door, Martin knock and you hear the mage reply to enter. Once inside, the mage look at you, he face serious like her tone.
    "You're late."
    While she isnt agressive about it, it also seem to irritate her, then she add on the same tone, but her face relax a little,
    "I guess it is my own fault for saying after dinner. Next time I'll be more precise."
    She look around the group, fully geared up for adventure and battle.
    "I assume you still want the teleport. I'll start the ritual when you are ready. It will take 10 minutes to cast the spell. Usually the portal remain open for a short period of time, somewhere between 5 to 30 seconds, but Magdebourg portal is made of some special matérial that make it last longer, roughly 5 time longer. You shall also be able to see the direct vincinity of the other side."
    The mage then look at you.
    "Before I sent you there, I need the component covered as I told you. Also, even though I think it is some goose chase, I took the time to do some research for you about the chest of never. I find very little on the subject except the usual legend that the object is one of illimited power, that it can grant any wish to his owner, and so on."
    You can see that is reknowned power is what bug her the most about it.
    "There is no indication of what that item look like in any of the legends, which makes it hard to identify, if it exist, and if you find it. Now let's pretend that it exist for a second, and that you find it. What will you do with it?"

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

Shrugging, the paladin says, "I don't lack for much. Maybe I'd keep brandy in it? Someone else can have it as long as the goblins don't."

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The mage rise an eyebrow and her face doesnt hide she doesnt like the paladin answer.
    "This is no laughing matter. I do agree goblin should not put their hand on such an item if it exist, but it should not be in careless people possession either. So I ask again, what do you intend to do with it if you find such an item?"
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-10-19 at 11:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

If this object is as powerful as the rumours claim, we could use it to stop the invasion. In the long run, no-one should be trusted with such an object. If could be destroyed or sealed away permenantly.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Ashe reply seem to remove some of the mage apprehensions.
    "That is wiser. Are you ready for that portal then?"

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    The sorcerer smiles. More're less. I've just got a lone lil' question, ma'am. This hat you made me is mighty fine, but the simple language gems we can buy in market don't seem to work with it. We've got one with a stronger enchantment, but it's attuned to the language of the depths, spoken in the Underdark. We were hopin' we might realign it to work fer goblins instead, so's I could disguise myself all the better. Is that somethin' y'all could do quick-like, or should we ferget about it and make do with what we've got?

Spoiler
    Show
    If Psi would prefer we don't switch the language on our Polyglot Gem, then pretend I didn't make this post; we can assume that the group's had a chance to figure out that Gems of Colloquy aren't compatible with the Hat of Disguise, and worked out the possibility of swapping the enchant on the Polyglot gem. Just making the post now to keep the game rolling; we can retcon later if Psi wants to keep the Deep Speech gem.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The mage nod at Ace,
    "It is possible, but I dont think it is really worth the effort. It only cut half the usual time to craft a brand new Polyglot Gem, and still cost a fifth the item cost. If you insist, I still could do it for 370 gp, which include my enchanting fee."

Spoiler
    Show
    Would take 30 minutes and cost 1/5 of 1800 (360) + 10 GP = 370 GP total.

It is your call.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

The second walk through the corridor of the mage's mansion, Monique takes a moment to look at the statues. Why do they get worse? Is there any significance to them - arcane or otherwise? Though it causes her to lag behind a bit, she takes a few moments at several different statues.

Now that she is less starstruck, the bard scrutinizes this mage more carefully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana roll (1d20+12)[9](21)
    Specifically if I can tell if these are done by the same person, if they are arcane in any way, and maybe why they get worse quality.

Insight on Flem. is she hiding something? (1d20+3)[8](11) iI thinkthat's my insight roll, but don't have time to check my sheet. s
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Ace
    Ah, sorry ma'am. Was hopin' it'd be a quick fix an' we wouldn't take up more a yer valuable time. No worries, we'll manage just fine without it. I think we're ready to head ta Magdebourg whenever y'all are, ma'am.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The mage nod to Ace and say,
    "Alright, I'll start the ritual."
    The mage start her ritual, using some powder to craft a false portal on the ground. Once she is done, she pull out some inks, and start to draw the symbols of the destination portal from her own memory and not using Bolerum sheet. Once that is done, she start to do some incantations, then after about 10 minutes a lfaint blue pulse of energy can be seen emanating from the drawn portal.
    The heroes move closer and prepare themselve to get into the portal, and a few seconds later,a burst of energy surprise them a little, but into the portal, they can see the other side....

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume that you all are ready to move on, so I did... you still can ask flammeorte stuff if you want before she start to cast (post here).
    Otherwise, jump into the next thread (PART 3 ..!!!!!! yay!)

To be continued....