New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default D&D Documentary Needs Your Support

There is a kickstarter project for a D&D documentary. It looks alike a good project and deserves the fanbase's support. PLease go there and take a lok.

Note I have no affiliation with any of the people working on this project. I just think it is important that the heritage of D&D be preserved.
    Here is a numbering of all character appearances in OOTS

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Documentary Needs Your Support

Hm... looks interesting, but I'm not sure I like the direction they're taking. Claiming that D&D is the #1 reason for roleplaying and communication in today's society is a huuuuuuge stretch.

Same goes for video game mechanics. I cringed when they said Skyrim had the same exact mathematical mechanics as D&D.

Now, granted, there was never an established gaming medium for something like Dungeons and Dragons before, but this documentary seems like a huge exaggeration and a lot of pulling at straws.

I'd be interested in the stuff about Gygax, Arneson and TSR, most of which I already know, but yeah. Not so interested in the "hey look, D&D changed everything in the world.... (maybe, just believe us)!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Documentary Needs Your Support

It's setting off my propaganda sense.

I received the link from a paizo email and decided to unsubscribe.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.