New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it. This fringes on medical advice, but not sleeping can make a person sick and being sick usually makes a person feel worse.
    At least, it does in my case.

In simpler terms, don't always believe what you hear.
    I'll second the suggestion to get some sleep. Deprivation is what has made my lungs crap out over the last month.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Not my fault I'm funny.

Starcraft 2 still not working? I poked Sheepie earlier but I go no response *glares at le Sheep*
    No, I mean it wasn't a good pun. Not even the slightest bit humorous.

Oh, and I haven't checked it yet. Will shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I would know the shop were a trap, and still be helpless not to patronize it.

Can you actually do this please? I will be your biggest customer.
    That's why it would be perfect.

Hmm... I'll have to think about it. It'd cost a lot of money and it would be difficult to make profitable. I would need to win the lottery first or otherwise come into some serious capital.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-12-13 at 12:57 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Not my fault I'm funny.

Starcraft 2 still not working? I poked Sheepie earlier but I go no response *glares at le Sheep*
    Sorry Myx. Knew I forgot something in that post. I'm busy thinking about work and mehitude. I need my weekend.

SHEEP

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING SHEEP

*hugs Sheep*

The few hours of weird mood chemicals in the morning that get squeezed out in this process are followed by a nosedive into the worst funk you can imagine about 1:00. Believe me: I've gone plenty of nights without sleep in my goofy and irresponsible life. It's rubbish, walking death, and hell.

The negative effects last at least another day.
    I IZ MEH-SERABLE.
    *huggle*

I dunno. If I distract myself from the fact I'm staying up, I feel significantly better. And for a good amount of weeks too. Not a process I'd like to repeat, but it did seem to help that time. Meh. I blame hormones. Cuz teenagers can get away with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    I'll second the suggestion to get some sleep. Deprivation is what has made my lungs crap out over the last month.
    Booo. LOGIC.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Surely unrelated to your habit with the Indian weed.

That's why it would be perfect.

Hmm... I'll have to think about it. It'd cost a lot of money and it would be difficult to make profitable. I would need to win the lottery first or otherwise come into some serious capital.
    You could safely go into debt to make it happen because you would make your investment back very quickly from the mes. Because all the budgies.

Seven or eight of me would pop by daily, for certain. Which would still leave you wondering just how many posters are in fact Kneenibbles, I suppose.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Sorry Myx. Knew I forgot something in that post. I'm busy thinking about work and mehitude. I need my weekend.

I IZ MEH-SERABLE.
    *huggle*

I dunno. If I distract myself from the fact I'm staying up, I feel significantly better. And for a good amount of weeks too. Not a process I'd like to repeat, but it did seem to help that time. Meh. I blame hormones. Cuz teenagers can get away with this.
    Poor, poor Sheep. *preens wool* You can do it! & other generic but sincere encouragements!

You may be right -- I remember my adolescent all-nighters were far less of an atrocity than my recent ones, even though I was abysmally unhealthy at the time. But I did an all-nighter about a month ago to finish a difficult presentation, and by the afternoon I was ready to lick the electrical outlets.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-12-13 at 01:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

So I just not an e-mail from my municipality, notifying everyone in the area that they had installed a new security camera for our block of flats. They ended the e-mail with "Meanwhile, you can sleep safe and know that 'Big Brother is watching'."

What a monumentally poor choice of words.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

You could safely go into debt to make it happen because you would make your investment back very quickly from the mes. Because all the budgies.

Seven or eight of me would pop by daily, for certain. Which would still leave you wondering just how many posters are in fact Kneenibbles, I suppose.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I could. But I admit a certain lack of entrepreneurial skill. Also, I'd miss my family.

That is true, but the purpose of the trap is only to narrow down the possibilities. Future tests lie in wait for those who cannot resist shopping amidst budgies, displays of gemstones and handcrafted wooden furniture.

In other news: I have puzzled out my difficulties with Starcraft and have determined that Blizzard is determined that I play only on the South East Asian server. Hopefully, I will be successful in doing so.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

So yeah, once again I needed a reminder that reading until half past 1 whenyou have to wake up by 7 and be sharp at work by 8 doesn't really mix well...

*craves coffee*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

8. - Top - End - #908

<slaps past self for being selfish>

<slaps classmate for giving me extra homework on a homeoworkless day because she can't spell. In any language, not just French>

I shall elaborate when I'm done writing a month's worth of journal entries I let myself slip up on.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we have been here for 01/01/01 through 12/12/12; and now the last tautological date for another 88ish years has come and gone. It feels significant, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So I just not an e-mail from my municipality, notifying everyone in the area that they had installed a new security camera for our block of flats. They ended the e-mail with "Meanwhile, you can sleep safe and know that 'Big Brother is watching'."

One might almost guess that they used a sense of humour.

I suppose I could. But I admit a certain lack of entrepreneurial skill. Also, I'd miss my family.

That is true, but the purpose of the trap is only to narrow down the possibilities. Future tests lie in wait for those who cannot resist shopping amidst budgies, displays of gemstones and handcrafted wooden furniture.

In other news: I have puzzled out my difficulties with Starcraft and have determined that Blizzard is determined that I play only on the South East Asian server. Hopefully, I will be successful in doing so.
    And yet Blizzard made explicit provision for Australians to be able to use the North American server! But not vice versa. Therefore I insist you fix whatever the problem is so that we can have a game when my paper is finished. I insist, Elemental. By the opal on my finger, I insist.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    So yeah, once again I needed a reminder that reading until half past 1 whenyou have to wake up by 7 and be sharp at work by 8 doesn't really mix well...

*craves coffee*
    If your beloved Tyrion Lannister can do it -- while drinking -- then surely, poor Socratov, you can find the strength! I believe in you.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-12-13 at 03:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #910

89 years, isn't it?

Also,s crew explaining things to friends! I'm going to bed. See you later today. Or whatever. Love y'all.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    89 years, isn't it?

Also,s crew explaining things to friends! I'm going to bed. See you later today. Or whatever. Love y'all.
    Well, 88 and a little change.

Goodnight!

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

From a beaurocracy? Surely not.

Just five more days at this job. Then I'm free.

Free to find another job :/
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Well, we have been here for 01/01/01 through 12/12/12; and now the last tautological date for another 88ish years has come and gone. It feels significant, somehow.

And yet Blizzard made explicit provision for Australians to be able to use the North American server! But not vice versa. Therefore I insist you fix whatever the problem is so that we can have a game when my paper is finished. I insist, Elemental. By the opal on my finger, I insist.

If your beloved Tyrion Lannister can do it -- while drinking -- then surely, poor Socratov, you can find the strength! I believe in you.
    It's not that I can't, it's just my cravings for coffee begin to border on the insane if such things occur...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

Tautological would be the wrong word here as it refers to redundancies. Here, the numbers each refer to something completely different.
    Still, despite my bringing up technicalities, it is still a significant thing. We have lived in calendrically exciting times my friends.

Indeed. My sister has checked and seems to be having similar problems. As such, I will blame Blizzard. Hopefully I can get it resolved soon so that we may meet on the field of battle, Psiblade alongside Warpblade because I'm terrible at the game.
    I placed last when I did my placement matches.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. My sister has checked and seems to be having similar problems. As such, I will blame Blizzard. Hopefully I can get it resolved soon so that we may meet on the field of battle, Psiblade alongside Warpblade because I'm terrible at the game.
    Yet I can get onto the North American servers and play games fine... Like with Sheepie and Nibbles. But then I've had an account on the NA servers for nearly two years (as well as one on the Oceanic server) too so...

Last in Bronze League? Don't worry, I did too when I started. I only placed mid-Silver this Season so eh.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

Yet I can get onto the North American servers and play games fine... Like with Sheepie and Nibbles. But then I've had an account on the NA servers for nearly two years (as well as one on the Oceanic server) too so...

Last in Bronze League? Don't worry, I did too when I started. I only placed mid-Silver this Season so eh.
    Well, then they must like you.

Still, I lost every placement match. Even the one when I thought I was winning.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Placement matches are weird anyways. They keep giving me good scores when I lose every game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #918
    Bugbear in the Playground

I found the best place ever last night. I was walking to the movie theater to buy my ticket to the midnight showing of The Hobbit,and I this set of stairs going down from street level to this little shop called "A to Z collectibles." It also had a sign in the window that said "Used Books" and the open hours were listed as "whenever I feel like it". If someone were to construct a Dimonite trap, they couldn't do a better job - fortunately the place wasn't open, or I would have gone in and then probably never left.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post

I can't think of anything I wouldn't do for you if you came through on this.
    Note he didn't say if it would be trained. Backing away slowly before you are noticed would thus be a good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post

Has some neighbourhood kid already started doing sling practice?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

Not my fault I'm funny.

Random Banter CLXXXVII: Please Do Not Poke The Sheep.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Well, 88 and a little change.
    88 years and 20 days to be exact.

ION:
    Schedule derp on my side caused me to go up at early o'clock and race to uni to assist a lab at 1 in the afternoon. This is there reason for why I never should be allowed to forget stuff...

Oh well, we're quickly approaching the point when schedules won't matter. At least I know I've got a good grasp on Java now...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Note he didn't say if it would be trained. Backing away slowly before you are noticed would thus be a good option.
    Doesn't matter. Battletitan.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    You could do that - if I'm reading the records correctly, you haven't started an RB thread in... ever, actually.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    You guys have underwear drawers? Swanky.
    Well, yeah, any standard dresser comes with either one or two of them. Last I checked dressers hadn't gotten so expensive that having one was considered a luxury any moreso than living in a house or apartment with running water and indoor plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Unfortunately no. I wouldn't mind as much if that was the case, because then whoever was stealing my panties would be atleast making it obvious that he/she was stealing them in the first place. As it is now I can only assume they got taken to the sock dimension in the washing or drying machine.
    Remember to check behind them and around the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post

*craves coffee*
    Try being stuck up till 2 and being at work by 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, yeah, any standard dresser comes with either one or two of them. Last I checked dressers hadn't gotten so expensive that having one was considered a luxury any moreso than living in a house or apartment with running water and indoor plumbing.

Remember to check behind them and around the sides.

Try being stuck up till 2 and being at work by 6.
    I've just got a drawer I use for underwear, socks, and sleepwear.

How do they end up there?

I've stayed up all night because I was awake at 4 and had to be up at 7:30 to be ready for PT.
    ... I'm still not sure if that was a good decision or not.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've just got a drawer I use for underwear, socks, and sleepwear.
    No one's saying you have to use it just for underwear, though some are saying that socks are underwear for purposes of the underwear drawer.

How do they end up there?
    Perversity of the universe.

I've stayed up all night because I was awake at 4 and had to be up at 7:30 to be ready for PT.
    ... I'm still not sure if that was a good decision or not.
    You can get a full sleep cycle in either 90 minutes or 3 hours, so you could have gotten at least some decent sleep in rather than none and been able to sleep normally the next night, at least theoretically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Suckey, I don't say this much. But I appreciate your terrible punnery. It makes me laugh a weirdly hearty laugh, which feels odd coming out of me, come to think of it. I'm not a 'hearty' guy.

Ah, good old 01. And 02/02/02. Even 10/10/10 was cool. Now we have ##/12</13. Ewww.

Ah, yes. Government having 'workers' and 'people' in it. We have dismissed that claim.

I CAN MAKE IT TONIGHT. But I know not Knee's timezone! HOW CAN I STATE TIME PROPERLY? (8 PM eastern should be easy for me, but I might be gone for 20ish minutes at a variable time between 9 and 11.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

I CAN MAKE IT TONIGHT. But I know not Knee's timezone! HOW CAN I STATE TIME PROPERLY? (8 PM eastern should be easy for me, but I might be gone for 20ish minutes at a variable time between 9 and 11.)
    UTC should be universal enough to be called proper. Given, your wake hours will revolve around midnight in UTC time, but that's probably not a bad thing to start with. I mean, you could always boast about your outrageous sleep patterns when you regularly go to bed at somewhere-in-the-middle-of-early-morning o'clock and still make it run smoothly with school and social life.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Tautological would be the wrong word here as it refers to redundancies. Here, the numbers each refer to something completely different.
    Still, despite my bringing up technicalities, it is still a significant thing. We have lived in calendrically exciting times my friends.
    That is, perhaps, the word's rhetorical meaning: but basically it just means a repetition of terms. ANCIENT GREEK POWERS ACTIVATE! *rides a giant lowercase zeta up into ho Ouranos, its little tail flapping wildly*

Don't worry about that! I'm quite rubbish as well. Just work on sorting out your Battlenet issues for the glory of future battles. - don't your Starcraft 1 skills transfer over at all, though?

I found the best place ever last night. I was walking to the movie theater to buy my ticket to the midnight showing of The Hobbit,and I this set of stairs going down from street level to this little shop called "A to Z collectibles." It also had a sign in the window that said "Used Books" and the open hours were listed as "whenever I feel like it". If someone were to construct a Dimonite trap, they couldn't do a better job - fortunately the place wasn't open, or I would have gone in and then probably never left.
    *rubs hands together, like a fly* Good. Good.

Send news when you have investigated further. I wish to hear of your delightful downfall into fabulous mercantilism.

Ah, good old 01. And 02/02/02. Even 10/10/10 was cool. Now we have ##/12</13. Ewww.
    Actually, forgive me -- I forgot about Smarch 13th next year. We still have one more! Lousy Smarch weather.

I'm fairly certain that I live in your time zone, Ovis. But I can't play. I shouldn't even be online. I'm procrastinating from what could very well be an all-nighter. I swear this paper will be my downfall -- I think my face has aged 5 years over the last week.