New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    How grow your bananas?

Holy crap, you've been here?!?! How long ago? The Assiniboine Zoo is being rebuilt pretty extensively right now, there's going to be a huge polar bear shelter.

I can only picture some kind of Apocalypse Now-esque journey into a madman's domain, with a flock of budgies you can hear from far away that you mistake at first for a waterfall. I wish, I wish, I wish.
    It's been...
    *checks records*
    Wow. Six and a half years. It was all part of my dad's plan to drive on highway 52 for its entire length - from Portal, ND to Charleston, SC. We took the trip in two legs: to Portal via Canada, then home on Highway 52 - that was in the summer of 2005 - and then from home to Charleston the next year (again on highway 52, which is actually a really bad idea through the Blue Ridge Mountains).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Nibbles, Sheepie and Ele, we should organise an FFA on StarCraft 2 sometime tomorrow. I'm fairly sure Ele has retreated to the aircon in his Mum's room, Sheepie would be either asleep or staying up late like usual and Nibbles I think it's getting late for him too.

Perhaps a time that suits us all tomorrow morning (for Ele and I, 9am is in approx 12hrs from the time of this post if that helps)? Let me know. Nibbles will attack with his budgies and zealots, Sheepie will go lings-roach-hydra-festor and Ele will probably go mass Voids, Carriers or DT's. Whereas I shall remain a mystery
    I will be busy tomorrow. I have a Centerlink appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Sounds like a flimsy justification for getting themselves something to me...
    Isn't that why one buys one's parents a television while you're still living at home? Or an air-conditioner? Have I complained about the heat yet?

In other news: My brother actually drove me to tears this evening. I cannot speak my mind concerning this matter for fear of breaking the forum rules. But I will say this; of all the people alive today, there is none I despise more.
    And I feel like a bad person for saying it. He makes me miserable without doing anything.
    Still, he's got a job and can get out of my life.

At least I have Miss Marple to keep me sane.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

I will be busy tomorrow. I have a Centerlink appointment.
    Isn't that at like 10:30am or something?

Isn't that why one buys one's parents a television while you're still living at home? Or an air-conditioner? Have I complained about the heat yet?

In other news: My brother actually drove me to tears this evening. I cannot speak my mind concerning this matter for fear of breaking the forum rules. But I will say this; of all the people alive today, there is none I despise more.
    And I feel like a bad person for saying it. He makes me miserable without doing anything.
    Still, he's got a job and can get out of my life.

At least I have Miss Marple to keep me sane.
    *hugs*

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

*begins shapeshifting into a fat female bureaucrat with huge hair and really long fingernails*
    My hero! *swoons*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't that at like 10:30am or something?
    That may be the case, but I do not know how long it will take. We shall see.

*hugs*
    I'm fine now. Though I should get to bed as it one thirty. But I think I'm entitled to a latish night the way I was treated earlier.

Interesting fact: British prisoners of war during World War II could order Rolex Watches and then pay for them when the war ended.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting fact: British prisoners of war during World War II could order Rolex Watches and then pay for them when the war ended.
    That is an interesting fact........

Anyways, I'm not feeling my best today. Got chills, fevers, and I can't eat as much as I used to. This is exactly why I hate winter.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Sounds like a flimsy justification for getting themselves something to me...
    Given that it's used and honestly not that great of a car (but, on the other hand, it's a car and it's fully functional), I'd consider it more of a practical placement of resources.
    Cross-country drives are expensive.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Nibbles, Sheepie and Ele, we should organise an FFA on StarCraft 2 sometime tomorrow. I'm fairly sure Ele has retreated to the aircon in his Mum's room, Sheepie would be either asleep or staying up late like usual and Nibbles I think it's getting late for him too.

Perhaps a time that suits us all tomorrow morning (for Ele and I, 9am is in approx 12hrs from the time of this post if that helps)? Let me know. Nibbles will attack with his budgies and zealots, Sheepie will go lings-roach-hydra-festor and Ele will probably go mass Voids, Carriers or DT's. Whereas I shall remain a mystery
    Well, I am available now perhaps mostly. Which is only 8, by your calander. So you ARE 14 hours ahead.
    That may be the case, but I do not know how long it will take. We shall see.

Well, we could do a game now and see if Myxie awakens. I wish to see a real Starcraft player play.

Thats coolish weird.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, they let me into college*. I'm surprised I got a decision back this early, but I'm not complaining.

Looks like some of that damn paperwork paid off.

*Note: Misleading. I am technically already enrolled in college**. This is a proper university, however.

**Note: Also misleading. I am only taking one college course.
    A few odds and ends.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

The Book of Erotic Fantasy doesn't have rules on how to make my DM uncomfortable seduce NPCs.
    Maaaaaaaan. Now I'm going to be trying to come up with rules in my head.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

The Book of Erotic Fantasy doesn't have rules on how to make my DM uncomfortable seduce NPCs.
    Hehehehehe....

Really? You would think that would be one of the things that the BoEF would have detailed rules for.
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #1122

I always played that as a straight CHA check, opposed by the NPC's Sense Motive skill. That's what worked for my group, anyway.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Hehehehehe....

Really? You would think that would be one of the things that the BoEF would have detailed rules for.
    They don't. They mention Diplomacy checks to seduce NPCs in a feat (which gives a bonus to said checks), but don't give any DCs.

Dimonite: If you use that, then seducing people becomes a losing game for the person attempting to seduce (skills naturally scale far faster than ability modifiers), which is just no fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

14. - Top - End - #1124

They don't. They mention Diplomacy checks to seduce NPCs in a feat (which gives a bonus to said checks), but don't give any DCs.

Dimonite: If you use that, then seducing people becomes a losing game for the person attempting to seduce (skills naturally scale far faster than ability modifiers), which is just no fun.
    If anyone had made a big deal out of it, rather than just trying to seduce someone from time to time, I would have probably had them take ranks in Perform (seduction).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone had made a big deal out of it, rather than just trying to seduce someone from time to time, I would have probably had them take ranks in Perform (seduction).
    In response to which I'd make a bard.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

16. - Top - End - #1126

In response to which I'd make a bard.
    ... Well, YES. That's one of the few things a bard is supposed to be good for, isn't it?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

... Well, YES. That's one of the few things a bard is supposed to be good for, isn't it?
    No, not to go around seducing people.
    To use Inspire Courage based on Perform (seduction).
    Duh
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Unless the other person wants to be seduced, of course.

Duh
    The D20 board came up with a build a while back called the Pervertuoso. It used the fact that according to the BoEF, Perform (Sexual Technique) is a class skill for everyone to qualify a Sorcerer for Virtuoso.
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2012-12-17 at 06:32 PM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

19. - Top - End - #1129

Duh
    Just so long as you roleplay it.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I'm watching The Seventh Seal right now. All I've got to say is that the scene with the flagellants hits you like a ton of bricks. It just comes and goes so very quickly. Wow.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

Just so long as you roleplay it.
    "My bard pulls out his mirror and activates Inspire Courage while looking at it lustily."
    "... What?"
    "I'm seducing myself."
    Next round:
    "I stop concentrating on Inspire Courage and activate Fascination."
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    That is an interesting fact........

Anyways, I'm not feeling my best today. Got chills, fevers, and I can't eat as much as I used to. This is exactly why I hate winter.
    That's the Antiques Roadshow for you. They always have interesting things to discuss.

Also, I hope you get better soon. Being sick is the worst possible thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Well, we could do a game now and see if Myxie awakens. I wish to see a real Starcraft player play.

Thats coolish weird.
    Unfortunately, we cannot as I have taken sanctuary in the air conditioning, and this computer does not have Starcraft II on it.
    And what's all this business about me being a real Starcraft player? Just because I've played the original for as long as I can remember does not mean I'm good at it.

Yes. It is an interesting fact. And very cool.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1133

"My bard pulls out his mirror and activates Inspire Courage while looking at it lustily."
    "... What?"
    "I'm seducing myself."
    Next round:
    "I stop concentrating on Inspire Courage and activate Fascination."
    A bard with ranks in perform (seduction) is going to be narcissistic enough that he doesn't even need to roll to seduce himself.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

A bard with ranks in perform (seduction) is going to be narcissistic enough that he doesn't even need to roll to seduce himself.
    Obviously. Why do you think it went from Inspire Courage to Fascinate?
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

Obviously. Why do you think it went from Inspire Courage to Fascinate?
    The suggestion is next.
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

The suggestion is next.
    You've got it!
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

YouTube will not function properly on Google Chrome for me... So I'm running Firefox as well.
    Damn you Google, this is exceedingly impractical!

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

YouTube will not function properly on Google Chrome for me... So I'm running Firefox as well.
    Damn you Google, this is exceedingly impractical!
    That's odd. I would think that Google's browser wouldn't have any trouble working on their website.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

That's odd. I would think that Google's browser wouldn't have any trouble working on their website.
    That's what I thought! But no, I have to run their main competitor in the background in order to enjoy music.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Colossus in the Playground

AAAAAAAAAH

So, I was playing Street Fighter X Megaman, the newest Megaman game from Capcom. PC title, for free, since they want to show us that they're trying to be the Capcom we love again.

Problem. Because of....some unfaaaathomable reason, there are no saves. So if you turn the game off, gotta start over.

I was at the boss refights, at the very end of the game, and having troubles. My controller has a circular D-Pad instead of a Nintendo brand Cross D Pad. This is an absolutely terrible thing and I wish, wish wish wish, I could find a GOOD wireless gamepad. So, I decide to switch to keyboard controls. I unplug the controlled, and lean over my keyboard and go to press pause, so I can change the controls. I click esc.

The pause button is enter.

So yha, I have to start the whole game over. However! It will go much easier next time, since now I know what all the weaknesses are, so I can just kinda beat the crap out of them and zoom up to where I was, so I can continue having a hell of a time beating Ryu and Urien.