New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well that's half of flirting right there that you're decrying. The other half, of course, is being dead sexy. Right?
    Flirting's not annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Wow, LaLa. Ouch.
    Yha...I'm going to retract what I said. People who are intentionally annoying are annoying. So I guess they're good at succeding then

2. - Top - End - #1202

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    But it involves a lot of purposefully annoying people in very specific ways.

Even more being dead sexy, of course, but really, that goes without saying.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-12-18 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

... So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    APPLY. Seriously. I mean, they let me in; you should be able to go just about anywhere, no problem (and you seem to be the studious type; AP Lit class and such).
    I actually only applied to one college. I looked at Winona State's admission standards, and said "yeah, I've got way better qualifications than they require." I know it sounds cocky, but I swear it's just statistics.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't apply to any colleges!
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Warsaw is in Poland?
    There are times when your complete lack of geographical knowledge makes me consider disowning you.

It is. In fact, it's the capitol of Poland.
    *Capital.
    Capitol means something different.

I'm actually not fond of hipsters, atleast in the ways I've heard the term being used. Seem's incredibly annoying.
    I still don't even know what they are! No one has managed to explain it to me...

People who are willingly annoying are the scum of the earth.

EDIT: Whoa that's harsh.
    It is harsh. But it is true.
    Unfortunately, I'm a very annoying person, often willingly, so that makes me the scum of the Earth. Unless you mean willingly annoying all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Pffft. I just look studious. AP Classes, 3.5+ GPA, National Honors Society, it's all a sham I tell you! A SHAM!!
    Everything is a sham. For example... Here, your supposed sham is a sham.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I actually only applied to one college. I looked at Winona State's admission standards, and said "yeah, I've got way better qualifications than they require." I know it sounds cocky, but I swear it's just statistics.
    Well, I know some people who did only applied to one place and failed to get in, but that probably had to do with their grades than anything else.

But hey, overconfidence is never a bad thing in a non-life-or-death situation.

As it stands now, I've only applied to one place (I'm not done with the rest of my applications), and they've already accepted me. So, motivation to finish applying anywhere else is pretty low.

*Capital.
    Capitol means something different.
    Gah, just when I think I have the right homophone, I am shown to be wrong.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-12-18 at 11:51 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well that's good to hear. Everyone was nattering on about how early was going to be the new standard for admissions and that my generation was the last to even have a chance with regular applications except to places where one really doesn't even need to bother to fill out an application.

Was enough to make one rather depressed about the state of American Higher Education.

I suppose my over-achieving cousin's facebook statuses probably skewed my perspective as well.
    Well, if you're looking for scholarships it probably is, but due to some odd circumstances I'm not really applying for any. What I started too late was making a portfolio for art school. Should've started that one last year.

A cunning ruse to lull prey into a false sense of security. Then SNAP! The globe reveals itself to be a complicated web trap!
    Exactly!

What, you mean tautology club?
    Say what you will of NHS, but only 1% gets in. Bound to be a nice little bonus on my application.

I mean the AP classes, mostly. It's easy to get As in the regular-level and honors-level classes.
    Who said I was pulling As in my regular classes this year? SENIORS!!!
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-12-18 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #1208

I still don't even know what they are! No one has managed to explain it to me...
    I can field this one!

Hipster's are, sterotypically, the guys who wear thick rimmed glasses and art berets, pinstripe or black shirts, go to coffee clubs and listen to poetry slams, snapping their fingers to clap. That is the general hipster sterotype.

In actuallity they're....basically exactly like this, but with the addition that they are "artists striving to make their way in this horrible world" while living off family trust funds, annoying people on the New York subway and generally being stupid morons obsessed with Apple to the point of Zealotry.

So basically, the people the song Gangnam Style makes fun of, just not Korean.

Also Elemental, you've not yet been annoying in all the time I've known you. And I realize now I was being waaay to violent with that statement.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-12-18 at 11:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if you're looking for scholarships it probably is, but due to some odd circumstances I'm not really applying for any. What I started too late was making a portfolio for art school. Should've started that one last year.

Say what you will of NHS, but only 1% gets in. Bound to be a nice little bonus on my application.

"I should have done this difficult thing before now"-said by everyone, ever.

Well, yeah. And those are the freaky overachiving people who like, freak out when they don't get an A. Not their parents, THEM.

I AM NOT GETTING A's!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

Really? That statistic doesn't line up with my class at all.

Good old senioritis.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like intentionally annoying some people, on a small scale...

For example, on a whim switching mid-homework worksheet between absolutely perfect but so narrow it's almost unreadable copperplate cursive and sprawling print of a simple to read, and neat, but all over the place and much larger handwriting. I started switching mid-word just to make it clear it wasn't because I was filling answers out at different times, and on the final sentence I think I did so mid-letter.

Teacher'll hate me for it, but so worth it.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-12-19 at 12:57 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I know some people who did only applied to one place and failed to get in, but that probably had to do with their grades than anything else.

But hey, overconfidence is never a bad thing in a non-life-or-death situation.

As it stands now, I've only applied to one place (I'm not done with the rest of my applications), and they've already accepted me. So, motivation to finish applying anywhere else is pretty low.
    Yeah, I had a 33 on the ACT, a 2190 on the SAT, a 4.3 weighted GPA and eight AP tests passed. As much as I hate myself for saying it, there was no real overconfidence there.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

I can field this one!

Hipster's are, sterotypically, the guys who wear thick rimmed glasses and art berets, pinstripe or black shirts, go to coffee clubs and listen to poetry slams, snapping their fingers to clap. That is the general hipster sterotype.

In actuallity they're....basically exactly like this, but with the addition that they are "artists striving to make their way in this horrible world" while living off family trust funds, annoying people on the New York subway and generally being stupid morons obsessed with Apple to the point of Zealotry.

Also Elemental, you've not yet been annoying in all the time I've known you. And I realize now I was being waaay to violent with that statement.
    So... They're a bunch of people striving to be different by being the same as each other? That makes sense...
    I still do not understand what they're about or what they are, but I suppose I probably never will.

Well, you've never met me. Mynxae will tell you that I can be highly annoying, but only to people I'm comfortable with annoying.
    The statement should be best amended to: "Those who take enjoyment from being horrid to others are the scum of the Earth."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

So... They're a bunch of people striving to be different by being the same as each other? That makes sense...
    I still do not understand what they're about or what they are, but I suppose I probably never will.

Well, you've never met me. Mynxae will tell you that I can be highly annoying, but only to people I'm comfortable with annoying.
    The statement should be best amended to: "Those who take enjoyment from being horrid to others are the scum of the Earth."
    I've lived with him two seperate times, for six months each time. He's evil I tell you. Evil! He drinks all the orange juice without giving you a chance to have any!

EDIT: Ele, remember this song?
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-12-19 at 12:53 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I've lived with him two seperate times, for six months each time. He's evil I tell you. Evil! He drinks all the orange juice without giving you a chance to have any!

EDIT: Ele, remember this song?
    Cower before my orange juice powered evil!

And of course I remember that song.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1216

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I like intentionally annoying some people, on a small scale...

For example, on a whim switching mid-homework worksheet between absolutely perfect but so narrow it's almost unreadable copperplate cursive and sprawling print of a simple to read, and neat, but all over the place and much larger handwriting. I started switching mid-word just to make it clear it wasn't because I was filling answers out at different times, and on the final sentence I think I did so mid-letter.

Teacher'll hate me for it, but so worth it.
    That...actually sounds kinda hilarious XP

Also, Moooony, don't forget to take your turn!

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Firbolg in the Playground

That...actually sounds kinda hilarious XP

Also, Moooony, don't forget to take your turn!
    AUGH. That thing.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1218

Yes, that thing! Silly Moony

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Spoiler
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

So went to a wedding this weekend. First of my friends to marry.

At one point the DJ played Gangnam Style, and everyone did the dance on the dancefloor. Bride included, with her floofy white dress and everything.

It was fun.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

This is a random question, but I suppose this is random banter, so it sort of works. Do any of you live in South Africa or have friends or family that do? If you do, please send me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

As the resident South African, I should probably respond.

Sent you a PM, m'man.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

I was raised on them, and have trouble not making them.
    So what you're saying is...

You come from a punning clan?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

That's because the term has moved well beyond any properly defined meaning. Half a year or so ago, the Internet was completely caught up in doing nothing but raging on hipsters. Since I had no idea of what they were either back then (except for the phrase "I was/did this before it was cool" which everyone ascribes to them), so I tried looking it up on Wikipedia.

The conclusion was that "hipster" as a term has gone from actually describing a group of people with a common interest to just being a derogatory term no one (in a broader perspective) wants to ascribe themselves to. The fact that everyone has their own idea of what a hipster is makes excluding yourself from it quite simple, and in the end, I'm pretty sure the only hipsters out there are those who either ignore the mainstream definition and use it with pride, or aren't present to defend themselves. Sort of how the term "gay" has been used (and still is in less accepting societies).

I can field this one!

You know, you should never listen to the Internet's stereotypes (although I suppose it may yield some greater insights if you just make sure to listen to all sides), mostly because it's a great way to start hating stuff you haven't even gotten into contact with. And I'm just about this close to facepalming when it comes to your "In actuallity" description (I mean, have you even been to New York? ). It sounds sort of like a description of metal fans would, if you ended off the sterotypical "this is how they look and act" with "in actuallity, they're just like this but they conduct blood sacrifices to Satan and ancient Nordic demons as well".

If I were to define a hipster, I wouldn't go further than to say that their main defining attribute is that they share a common distaste for the mainstream (with a tagged on note that not even this is certain), which honestly isn't worse than refusing to stray from the same, and certainly not something you should hate them for. Little brother sometimes call himself a hipster just because he's put off by a lot of people liking something, and he is quite artistic, but apart from that, he looks like a pretty ordinary guy of his age (apart from the t-shirt with Vinyl Scratch and the words "Fight the manestream"), and he wants to study industrial design when he finishes his current level of education.

Oh, and finally, the times I've been the most ashamed of how I act were when I jumped on a bandwagon of hate, but when I started to research my own opinions, I came to the conclusion that I actually am quite positive to what the hate was directed at. Take Justin Bieber, for example. What is he? A good-looking boy with a good singing voice who was discovered through the Internet and became the idol of teenage girls all across the world. Why is that worth hating? His songs aren't even bad most of the time. In other words, jumping on bandwagons may lead to shame. Don't do this unless you know what you're doing.

All in all, it's like the Internet has defined its own mainstream, and now vehemently hates everyone deviating from it...

ION:
    The magpies are restless. They've been jumping through the trees in our garden all morning, screaming at something unseen and acting generally upset. One time, there actually was a moderately concerned crow to become the subject of their anger, but then he left, unlike the magpies. I wonder what they're up to...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    "I should have done this difficult thing before now"-said by everyone, ever.
    Right....

Well, yeah. And those are the freaky overachiving people who like, freak out when they don't get an A. Not their parents, THEM.

I AM NOT GETTING A's!
    Eh, I'm generally not happy if I'm not pulling at least a B+.

Really? That statistic doesn't line up with my class at all.
    It's not true of mine either, but it's the national statistic.

Good old senioritis.
    Yeah... This year of all years I decide to have a social life. Glad that didn't happen as an underclassman or I'd be screwed now.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-12-19 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ettin in the Playground

I had the unfortunateness of getting senoiritis my freshmen year of highschool (when I was looking at colleges). Boy was that sucky.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gah... Helvetica is a stupid name... Uniqueness is names is overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    That's because the term has moved well beyond any properly defined meaning. Half a year or so ago, the Internet was completely caught up in doing nothing but raging on hipsters. Since I had no idea of what they were either back then (except for the phrase "I was/did this before it was cool" which everyone ascribes to them), so I tried looking it up on Wikipedia.

The conclusion was that "hipster" as a term has gone from actually describing a group of people with a common interest to just being a derogatory term no one (in a broader perspective) wants to ascribe themselves to. The fact that everyone has their own idea of what a hipster is makes excluding yourself from it quite simple, and in the end, I'm pretty sure the only hipsters out there are those who either ignore the mainstream definition and use it with pride, or aren't present to defend themselves. Sort of how the term "gay" has been used (and still is in less accepting societies).
    So it's a word that serves no purpose that anyone can agree on?
    I mean... If hipsters are the people I think they are, could be wrong here, I'd just describe them as boring, uninteresting and sheep (no offence Mr. Sheep) who object entirely to being called sheep.

If I were to define a hipster, I wouldn't go further than to say that their main defining attribute is that they share a common distaste for the mainstream (with a tagged on note that not even this is certain), which honestly isn't worse than refusing to stray from the same, and certainly not something you should hate them for.
    Further clarification still makes the whole point of it elude me... So they're whole thing is they're going against what everyone else is doing and trying their hardest to be different? Sure... That makes sense... But as near as I can tell, they're all trying to be different in the same way...
    As near as I can tell, it's become a mainstream trend in its own right...

I find these things very confusing...
    And shall thus, assign hipsterism to the popular culture things I cannot understand but have no real issue against the existence of.

ION:
    The magpies are restless. They've been jumping through the trees in our garden all morning, screaming at something unseen and acting generally upset. One time, there actually was a moderately concerned crow to become the subject of their anger, but then he left, unlike the magpies. I wonder what they're up to...
    Odd... I have experience with magpies... But those are European Magpies so no help from me unfortunately.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

So, just got 1.5 kg of norse salmon from work as a kind of culinary christmasgift

omnomnom will happen later on
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

29. - Top - End - #1229

You know, you should never listen to the Internet's stereotypes (although I suppose it may yield some greater insights if you just make sure to listen to all sides), mostly because it's a great way to start hating stuff you haven't even gotten into contact with. And I'm just about this close to facepalming when it comes to your "In actuallity" description (I mean, have you even been to New York? ). It sounds sort of like a description of metal fans would, if you ended off the sterotypical "this is how they look and act" with "in actuallity, they're just like this but they conduct blood sacrifices to Satan and ancient Nordic demons as well".

If I were to define a hipster, I wouldn't go further than to say that their main defining attribute is that they share a common distaste for the mainstream (with a tagged on note that not even this is certain), which honestly isn't worse than refusing to stray from the same, and certainly not something you should hate them for. Little brother sometimes call himself a hipster just because he's put off by a lot of people liking something, and he is quite artistic, but apart from that, he looks like a pretty ordinary guy of his age (apart from the t-shirt with Vinyl Scratch and the words "Fight the manestream"), and he wants to study industrial design when he finishes his current level of education.

Oh, and finally, the times I've been the most ashamed of how I act were when I jumped on a bandwagon of hate, but when I started to research my own opinions, I came to the conclusion that I actually am quite positive to what the hate was directed at. Take Justin Bieber, for example. What is he? A good-looking boy with a good singing voice who was discovered through the Internet and became the idol of teenage girls all across the world. Why is that worth hating? His songs aren't even bad most of the time. In other words, jumping on bandwagons may lead to shame. Don't do this unless you know what you're doing.

All in all, it's like the Internet has defined its own mainstream, and now vehemently hates everyone deviating from it...

ION:
    I have not been to New York, but from what I've heard of the Subway Parties are absolutely annoying, especially if you won't participate. Also that's not the official name for them but for the life of me I don't recall how to spell the Hawaiian word for party. Hipsters are also responsible for the INCREDIBLY bad bee problem in New York, since they want to make bee farms on the top of buildings in New York, and any stray bee's tend to go to things like, say, Fire Hydrants. And that's bad because bee's are stingy creatures that are mean, and them hanging out around fire hydrants is bad news.

And yes, I know all of this is second hand, but I don't think that doesn't stop them from being true. However, does that mean I hate hipsters? No, I love all personality groups equally, as long as they respect each other. Sure, I'd be annoyed at them if I was on the Subway and they put one of those flower garland things around my neck and forced me to do the hula, but in contrast I'd ALSO be annoyed if, say, a vegan, stole my steak dish because it's "healthier to eat grass" or some crap like that. You can be whatever you want to be, as long as you don't annoy people by forcing yourself apon them.

Also, magpies are, if I recall, adorable birds that I like.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

Gah... Helvetica is a stupid name... Uniqueness is names is overrated anyway.
    Helvetica is a country. I'm not sure I would name anyone after a country...

So it's a word that serves no purpose that anyone can agree on?
    Pretty much, yes. I'd blame the Internet, but it's probably more accurate to blame people.

Further clarification still makes the whole point of it elude me... So they're whole thing is they're going against what everyone else is doing and trying their hardest to be different? Sure... That makes sense... But as near as I can tell, they're all trying to be different in the same way...
    As near as I can tell, it's become a mainstream trend in its own right...
    Well, it's complex, just as it tends to become when groups and desires are put in question. And there are probably some mainstream elements that are more accepted than others, especially if they've brought about making them mainstream themselves. Perhaps you should see it more as a revolt against the old mainstream rather than a revolt against all mainstream...

[...]
    And yes, I know all of this is second hand, but I don't think that doesn't stop them from being true. However, does that mean I hate hipsters? No, I love all personality groups equally, as long as they respect each other. Sure, I'd be annoyed at them if I was on the Subway and they put one of those flower garland things around my neck and forced me to do the hula, but in contrast I'd ALSO be annoyed if, say, a vegan, stole my steak dish because it's "healthier to eat grass" or some crap like that. You can be whatever you want to be, as long as you don't annoy people by forcing yourself apon them.
    Yes, but what you speak of are individual persons' actions, not the agenda of the whole hipster movement. Saying that hipsters are annoying because they make it so there are bees on all the fire hydrants in New York isn't especially fair to all those hipsters who aren't living in New York, to start with.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-12-19 at 12:54 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show