New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Hi, everyone.

There's a fair amount of players interested in the new Pathfinder adventure path, Hell's Rebels, looking for a GM. Since it's an adventure path, there wouldn't be a huge amount of planning involved, so time wise it should be pretty manageable. Anyhow, the interest thread is here, while information on the adventure path itself can be found here.

Thanks,
    Zrak

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hey gang any brave souls up to running a 5th edition game? Details over here

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any DM out there that is willing to let me play a dragon in a campaign? It love to try it out.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hey, we're looking for a gm for a DFRPG game, if you want to tell a story centered around a band of roving troubleshooters saving people, killing things, that sort of thing.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post19859957
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Really just looking for a higher level Pathfinder game. No gestalt, no overly restrictive character creation rules. Just a good ol' story to hook me in.
    Just finding my roots again.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

I am looking for someone who wants to run Donjon. We don't have much in mind for a campaign concepts, so feel free to do whatever with this system.

If you're interested, check it out here.
    Last edited by Dudeons; 2015-09-27 at 07:20 PM.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Looking for a DM for an all Warlock game.

Recruitment post

8. - Top - End - #608
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

While I didn't come up with the idea for the game, we're still looking for a DM willing to run a game about a group of adventurers working for the church of a deity in the forgotten realms. Not all of us would be divine casters, as religions have more people working for them then clerics and paladins.

Some people are throwing arround ideas for deities, but we're pretty much all in agreement that we'll take any deity the DM wants to use.

Here's a link to the thread.
    Last edited by Michael7123; 2015-10-01 at 11:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #609

BlackDragon

Looking for a DM for a Solo or Duo pathfinder campaign about a necromancer's student taking vengeance on those that rose up against his master:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...lo-Duo-Idea%29
    Last edited by Falco1029; 2015-10-03 at 08:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone here know how to play Deadlands, especially Classic? My RL GM is leaving the country for six months, so a virtual one is needed in the meantime.
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2015-10-04 at 12:19 AM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm looking for a DM to run a 3.5 D&D Superhero game.
    If you're interested check out the thread link: Superhero D&D 3.5
    Thanks.
    - Sir Toast
    Special Thanks to Venetian Mask for an Awesome Avatar!
    "A toast to the OOTS for being a great comic"
    Spoiler: Games I'm Playing In
    Show
    A New Island, a New Life!
    Oliver Drake IC l OOC

12. - Top - End - #612
    Pixie in the Playground

Some friends and I are looking for a GM for a game of 13th age on wednesdays played weekly, preferably from 7-12 Central Time. The time is negotiable if there is a conflict. There are 5 of us total. Most of us are experienced PnP roleplayers, but none of us have played 13th age before. We are all quite interested to play 13th age because the rules seem very interesting and conducive to story telling. Most of us have a decent amount of experience with roll20 and play frequently using skype as a voice communication tool. Because of our experience with Skype and Roll20.net we would prefer to use those programs to play this campaign, but would be open to suggestion. If you are interested or have any questions please send me a reply on here or respond to my reddit post here https://www.reddit.com/r/13thage/com..._age_campaign/. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.
    ​-Sabin

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Colossus in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post19957020

Traveller! Shooting through the stars, fighting dangerous pirates, trading goods, all sorts of fun!

This is the Mongoose Publishing edition, and just the first book.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

15. - Top - End - #615
    Colossus in the Playground

Seeking a GM for Engine Heart, an interesting system about robots after the apocalypse.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...st-Check-Again
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking to play a 5e game. I'm a complete newbie who's never been in a tabletop game before - all my experience comes from free-form roleplaying on these forums, and reading threads in the Roleplaying Games (and DnD 5e subforum) section.

I made a char sheet. There's a good chance I'll be using this character, with just a few modifications.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

this is my first time posting on here for a DM but i would like to play a Gods Eater Burst game so if anyone would like to DM it and would help search for a few other players(i might know a few) please contact me

18. - Top - End - #618
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

4-5 players seeking dm for 5e.

we all use roll20+ skype.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?453291-4-5-players-seeking-5e-dm&p=19994356#post19994356
    Last edited by The Shadowdove; 2015-10-25 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added link

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking for a GM for a 3.5/PF sandbox game in a big city.

We had a DM shortly but he disappeared.

Here's the thread.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Looking for a DM to run an Avatar the Last Airbender game.

Thread is located here.

Preferred system is pathfinder or 3.5 with a bending subsystem, but I am fluid and don't mind another system.

Several folks interested as players.

21. - Top - End - #621

I am seeking a Co-DM for my Mutants and Masterminds 3e game set in an AU of the Naruto universe. This is a revival of a game that petered out prior to actual gameplay that I was a player in, and rather than let it die I'm taking it up myself. But I still want to play so hoping a second person could run a second group that I could be in. If the concept also interests you as a player that is definitely doable as well.

The thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-t-Wear-Orange

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

[3.5 Preferable, Pathfinder Possible]

Seeking a GM for a 1 player, 2 character, high power campaign via Roll20!

Spoiler: More details below!
    Show
    Code:
    -=CONTACTING ME=-
    Reply to this thread or/and email me at [email protected] !

-=GAME TIME=-
    Disregard what Roll20 says.  We'll talk about this.

-=INTRO=-
    Greetings, GMs! I have longed to try much of D&D 3.5's mechanics on the high end of power, but doing so in games I played was prohibited or ill-advised. Having played D&D 3.0 since it was hot off the presses at GenCon 2000, and having spent more hours on D&D 3.5 doing research, building characters, participating in discussions, and even GMing and PCing in various campaigns than probably any other game, I feel I've mastered D&D 3.5's mechanics. If it's material officially published by WotC for 3.5, and it's level appropriate, I probably have an answer to it. 

If as a GM you're looking for a challenge, I can provide it.

I'm not here to break games and end campaigns. I'm not here to troll. I'm here to enjoy a challenging, interesting, and engaging campaign with you, the GM.

-=MY RPG BACKGROUND=-
    I've been playing RPGs since Final Fantasy (NES) in the 1990s, when I developed the phrase, "If at first you don't succeed, gain another level." RPGs were unique at the time in that I could grind to increase my chances of success in later game phases, instead of just having to master a game as-is and, strictly speaking, improve as a player.

Since my NES days, I've played the Final Fantasy games (1-9, Tactics, Adventure 1 & 3, and perhaps more), a variety of Squaresoft's RPGs (including Chrono Trigger, Vagrant Story, and Super Mario RPG), and a variety of other console RPGs (such as Earthbound, Mother 3, Dragon Warrior 4, Breath of Fire 1-3, and Disgaea). I've played many PC RPGs (Fallout 1-3, New Vegas, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Pillars of Eternity, World of Warcraft, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and many MUDs).  I ran a D&D 3.5 campaign set in the world of Xeen (Might and Magic games IV and V) during 2005-2007 that ran character levels 1-22. I also ran a level 1-3 D&D 3.5 campaign called The Metaphysical Revolution set in an original world. I've also played each major edition of D&D (1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, and 5) in some capacity - tabletop or/and video games.

In short, I understand a variety of RPG tropes and mechanics. I get RPGs. I get D&D.

-=WHAT I LIKE IN D&D 3.5 CAMPAIGNS=-
    Normally, I'm a game mechanics-first sort of person. Playing with the interesting and sometimes complicated interactions between systems has kept me engaged in D&D 3.x for over 15 years now! I enjoy that D&D 3.5 isn't balanced in the sort of extreme, sanitized sense that Chess is. I also enjoy D&D not being inherently competitive between PCs nor between PC and GM.

But I also enjoy a good campaign world. An intriguing campaign setting provides the basis of -many- adventure hooks. If the world is interesting enough, it makes me want to keep exploring, and makes up somewhat for lackluster plots. Eberron is the first campaign setting I especially cared about lore-wise because it was so different from typical high fantasy, but it had the attitude of, "If it exists in D&D, it also exists in Eberron." Planescape is also a favorite D&D campaign setting of mine because it's so vast and potentially alien.

Third, a strong plot (and, by extension, a strong cast of NPCs) provides context for my abilities. Earthbound's setting of 1990s USA was generally close to home and immediately understandable. When things got stranger near the end, that added to the sense of wonder and excitement since the game dwelled so long in the familiar setting of modern society with the plots it weaved. Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III on the SNES in America) is one of my favorite RPGs for its plot. It's mostly linear for the game's first half, but becomes a lot more open world for the second half. (I speak in vague generalities here to avoid spoilers. We can discuss these games further in-depth later, as prudent.)

Finally, I want this campaign to last from its starting level (to be determined) until level 20 or above. I understand factors outside the game can interfere. Beyond these though, I'd like to actually -finish- this campaign!

-=MECHANICS I'D LIKE TO TRY=-
    One big reason for this one player, 2 character campaign is for experimenting with mechanics and game aspects I've normally not been able to do. These include, but aren't limited to:

-D&D 3.5. I've played a bit of Pathfinder, but my expertise is in 3.5. If I can choose which interpretation (3.5 or Pathfinder) of an ability I want, like using a 3.5 Druid in Pathfinder, 

I'm more comfortable in Pathfinder. All the following assume D&D 3.5 is in use.

-Characters of level 7+. Normally, my campaigns have started at levels 1-3 and ended at level 4-6. I have played longer campaigns, but only one from level 1 to 20+, and I ran that one.

-Minion-making characters. I've barely used Animate Dead, Simulacrum, Planar Binding, Charm, and Dominate in tabletop. These interest me. Normally, having so many units that I'm effectively a party demoralizes my friends who want more turns of their own.

-Psionics. I've barely played dedicated psionic characters, though I have been in parties with them. Just assume Complete Psionic's nerfs are -not- in play.

-Druids. I know they're powerful, but I haven't actually Wild Shaped into anything due to campaigns ending at levels too low! Venomfire Fleshrakers with Greenbound Ashbound summons seem delicious! So do Planar Shepherds, but not the ones who get infinite wishes or 10 turns to 1. That's just not sporting.

-Planar travel and exploration. I've played countless campaigns on the Prime Material Plane. Rarely have I ventured elsewhere. If the campaign is interesting enough on the Prime Material, I may stay there longer than the minimum level needed to use Plane Shift or the like to escape it. Regardless, espect me to learn Plane Shift as soon as I can! (Other planes also provide a logical place for higher-level content to exist and provide logical reasons for where those high-level items, magics, foes, and allies were all this time!)

-Lichdom. My character doesn't need the natural immortality, but this is a personal goal I've desired to fulfill for many years now. The only time I played a lich character was as GM, and only briefly. (If you're interested in this lichdom aspect, we'll work out a fair level adjustment and cost. It's dreadfully expensive for its purpose, but if there's no level adjustment, it may just be worth it!)

-Base building. The Stronghold Builder's Guidebook has rules for this, and other sources probably have rules too. There's something appealing about being able to build a base to store my stuff and to act as home - whatever that home means. (This may mean a home on a private demiplane, or in outer space.)

-Alignment not really mattering. My strongly-held belief is one's alignment should have no more mechanical impact than their hair color. There are too many ambiguities on what constitutes 'good' and 'evil' and 'neutral' for me to care, and having absolute alignment matter in the campaign spoils some plot surprises. Alignment seems like a legacy mechanic where 'good' meant 'ally' and 'evil' meant 'enemy.'  The terms 'lawful' meant good and 'chaos' meant evil.

-Gestalt. In this campaign with 2 main characters, gestalt is a simple way to improve our stats, versatility, and survivability - especially at low levels. This is optional, and if implemented would likely apply only to the main characters (and perhaps major figures in the campaign).

-=CHARACTER BUILDS & ROLES=-
    > > Gray Elf Psion (Telepath) < <
        > Possible Dips: Psionically-adapted Mindbender (Complete Arcane)
                         Anarchic Initiate (Complete Psionic)
                         Ghosbreaker (Hyperconscious)

> Main Roles: Mind Controller
                      Astral Construct Creator
                      Socialite
                      Scholar

>> Gestalt Side: Factotum (Dungeonscape) <<
       > Possible Dips: Rogue
                         Swordsage (Tome of Battle)
                         Warder (Path of War - Pathfinder)

> More Roles: Scout
                         Minesweeper [locks and traps)

> > Strongheart Halfling Druid/Planar Shepherd of Lamannia (Faiths of Eberron) < <
       > Possible Dips: Contemplative (Complete Divine)
                         Sacred Exorcist (Complete Divine)

> Main Roles: Tank
                      Summoner
                      Off-Healer
                      Scout

>> Gestalt Side: Swordsage (Tome of Battle) <<
       > Possible Dips: Stalker (Path of War - Pathfinder)
                         Crusader (Tome of Battle)
                         Warblade (Tome of Battle)
                         Warshaper (Complete Warrior)
                         Master of Many Forms (Complete Adventurer)
    Last edited by Endarire; 2015-11-03 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for a D&D 3.P GM in the Huntsville, AL area. I'm free evenings and after noon on weekends. I have my own transport, and can host if necessary.
    Last edited by GilesTheCleric; 2015-11-03 at 09:17 PM.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" – Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"
    I do still exist. I'm active on discord. Priestess of Neptune#8648

24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground

d6 Re: Seeking a DM

Hi!

We are a group of 5 players with mixed experience looking for a DM for our weekly online game of D&D 5e.

At the moment we are looking at 3PM EST on Sundays, however we are open for suggestions.

We would use skype or hangouts with roll20 and would prefer a fantasy roll play focused long term campaign.

At the moment we are creating our characters, if you'd be interested please let me know and I'd be glad to answer any question you have!

Kind regards and hope to hear from you soon!

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

Many players and I would like to play Monstrous PCs in a 3.5 Monstrous Gestalt game, but we lack a DM to lead us in such a story!
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, esteemed and aspiring storytellers! A coterie of the not-dead are rising from their slumber in the nights of the middle ages, ready for deeds great and terrible (or petty and terrible), and waiting for someone to tell their tale. Will you be that one?

(DA:Vampire game, already have 4+ players, looking for a ST).
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

Need a GM for AO Rogue Trader game

EDIT: We have enough players (I think it's 5)
    Last edited by The_Necromancer; 2015-11-18 at 11:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Looking for a DM (D&D 3.5) willing to run Eberron with gestalt and allow anything published by WotC or legal additions (such as Dragon Magazine). Preferably play by post, though anyone in Central Maine will do for irl games.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Looking for a GM to run a GURPS 4th edition PBP game. No preference for setting or power level. No other players currently.

If interested, PM me, I check this site at least once daily.
    Update: three potential players aside from myself.
    Last edited by Nexahs; 2015-11-22 at 04:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Hallo all! We are seeking a DM to possibly do some 5e Gestalt. The thread is here, and we are trying to go for a campaign that is higher level, power characters, but that also has a very good dose of RP from it as well. Thanks, and hope to see you there!
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally