New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: A new Inevitable: Enforcing the Gentlemen's Agreement (3.5 semi-silly monster, PE

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Yes, which is why this is a semi-silly monster, and the Gentlemen's Agreement in my sig is where the good sense is.

Still, it's fun to think of something that can handle nearly anything.
    Oh, I wasn't saying anything against the monster, just that the Anti-Pun-Pun arguments are half the fun of a thread like this.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A new Inevitable: Enforcing the Gentlemen's Agreement (3.5 semi-silly monster, PE

I've fixed one big embarrassing problem, and several other smaller ones, but there are probably a few problems remaining, and in any case, as the Stuffy Doll showed, it's quite difficult to optimization-proof a monster, so the Munchkaruts content themselves with preemptive strikes on any characters cheesy enough to one day challenge them seriously. (As well as their usual task of hunting down cheesy or game-disrupting characters in general.)

I would appreciate hearing of any significant, easy-to-patch problems, though!
    If Stuffy Doll has taught us anything, it is that if something has stats it can die I actually used Stuffy Doll as a creature in a Call of Cthulhu game once. The PCs each got a miniature version of the Stuffy Doll that functioned as eyes and ears for the original stuffy doll (which was a featureless doll, that is heavily stitched together); I tried to downplay the importance on the Doll and knew that the PCs would follow the red herrings into oblivion. They drove themselves insane trying to figure out what the hell the Stuffy Doll was and eventually one PC got a significantly high Knowledge check that they actually became aware of the Stuff Doll, took sanity damage, and became a target of the Stuffy Doll (whose Curse ability I significantly nerfed down).

He was an enemy of knowledge, an enemy of the eyes and the mind; Using your own sense against you, he waits and prays you do not find him, for if you find him... He will end you... All just to delete himself from the Multiverse...

Lately I've been contemplating making the Stuffy Doll an Elder Evil and working it down from that
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Spirit of the Law (Ex)- A Munchkarut has the ability to enforce the will of the universe. At any time that a being attempts to subvert the intent of one of the universal laws, a Munchkarut can clarify and reinforce these laws. The effect is similar to a Deities Godly Realm Salient ability, except that the Munchkarut isn't limited to a certain location. The Munchkarut can change the flow of time, physical laws that mortals must follow and the mechanics of magic.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold Exclusion Principle [Ex]: Kobolds are not Scaled Ones of Toril.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh My Gosh, What's Happening to Your Character Sheet? (Ex): Munchkarut kills you and erases you from existence. You die and cannot be raised through any means, period. What do you mean you can't be killed? I don't remember that. Where'd your sheet go, can you show me? It's where? Dude, I can't read that, half of it's burned off. Did something try to eat this? Is that wolf urine?

EDIT:
    Preemptively:
    Oh, You Brought a Spare? (Ex): Oh, cool. Let me check it out. Woops, I'm such a klutz, let me just — Whoooah! Is this an incontinent wolf shelter or something? Here, I'll dry it off with my lighter. . .

Also, much as Munchkarut is not necessarily advocated as a solution to out-of-game problems, I do not recommend or endorse incontinent wolves as a solution to any problem.
    Last edited by VeisuItaTyhjyys; 2013-07-01 at 11:36 PM.
    Former Ghosts?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Does all feats include dragon feats? Does all feats include feats he doesn't qualify for? If the answer to the last two questions is yes then i'm afraid all munchkaruts upon creation are inexplicably turned into elves and killed by nearby kobolds as per the Elf feat Dragon Magazine #342 pg 65.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Spirit of the Law (Ex)- A Munchkarut has the ability to enforce the will of the universe. At any time that a being attempts to subvert the intent of one of the universal laws, a Munchkarut can clarify and reinforce these laws. The effect is similar to a Deities Godly Realm Salient ability, except that the Munchkarut isn't limited to a certain location. The Munchkarut can change the flow of time, physical laws that mortals must follow and the mechanics of magic.
    That's actually kind of cool. Hadn't thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Does all feats include dragon feats? Does all feats include feats he doesn't qualify for? If the answer to the last two questions is yes then i'm afraid all munchkaruts upon creation are inexplicably turned into elves and killed by nearby kobolds as per the Elf feat Dragon Magazine #342 pg 65.
    Only the feats it qualifies for. (Also, who says they were created? Maybe they just kind of are. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

That's actually kind of cool. Hadn't thought of that.
    Figured it would be appropriate for an anti-"That's what RAW says!" type, when there is clearly a different intent for some rules. I also liked the tongue in cheek joke with having a Lawful being possessing a power called "Spirit of the Law" in relation to RAI.
    Last edited by Waker; 2013-07-02 at 08:58 PM.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VeisuItaTyhjyys View Post
    Oh My Gosh, What's Happening to Your Character Sheet? (Ex): Munchkarut kills you and erases you from existence. You die and cannot be raised through any means, period. What do you mean you can't be killed? I don't remember that. Where'd your sheet go, can you show me? It's where? Dude, I can't read that, half of it's burned off. Did something try to eat this? Is that wolf urine?

EDIT:
    Preemptively:
    Oh, You Brought a Spare? (Ex): Oh, cool. Let me check it out. Woops, I'm such a klutz, let me just — Whoooah! Is this an incontinent wolf shelter or something? Here, I'll dry it off with my lighter. . .

Also, much as Munchkarut is not necessarily advocated as a solution to out-of-game problems, I do not recommend or endorse incontinent wolves as a solution to any problem.
    42 (Ex): The Munchkarut is inherently knowledgeable of the answer to the question (while not knowing the question at all). The Munchkarut can turn any numeral effect (HP, DvR, Saving throw, Skill ranks, etc.) in the game to a maximum of 42 to 0. This is a non-action that invokes an infinite number of attacks of opportunity against the Munchkarut.

How about "No"? (Ex): The Munchkarut is immune to all damage from attacks of opportunity. There appears to be a note left here "Nya, Nya, Nya, Nya, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
    but someone's already invented Pun-Pun therefore he already exists and he cares nothing for your temporal shenanigans because he can just come from a timeline where the Munchkarut doesn't exist. :P

And yea it's a silly argument. Fun though.
    Bullcrap Immunity (All Of Them): What do mean, your character already exists somewhere? This is your DM's game, it's not like it's a shared universe with other games.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    Bullcrap Immunity (All Of Them): What do mean, your character already exists somewhere? This is your DM's game, it's not like it's a shared universe with other games.
    That's not really an in-game thing though.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    That's not really an in-game thing though.
    How about this ability then?

NOPE! (Ex): When the Munchkarot appears on a plane, momentarily all Planar boundaries drift to the point where they can only be accessed by the Munchkarot. This prevents not only other creatures from relying upon such means of travel, but prevents information from traveling as well. While a Munchkarot is in a plane, the plane cannot be scryed through a scry spell upon or inquired about through a commune, contact other plane or commune with nature spell(s). This also applies to Divine abilities.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    How about this ability then?

NOPE! (Ex): When the Munchkarot appears on a plane, momentarily all Planar boundaries drift to the point where they can only be accessed by the Munchkarot. This prevents not only other creatures from relying upon such means of travel, but prevents information from traveling as well. While a Munchkarot is in a plane, the plane cannot be scryed through a scry spell upon or inquired about through a commune, contact other plane or commune with nature spell(s). This also applies to Divine abilities.
    Now that's better.

But I'm getting curious now...does Primus have immunity to all of the Munchkarot's powers?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

But I'm getting curious now...does Primus have immunity to all of the Munchkarot's powers?
    Why would he? Modrons and Inevitables are two quite different things.
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Why would he? Modrons and Inevitables are two quite different things.
    I thought he was the general deity for all of Mechanus.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

I thought he was the general deity for all of Mechanus.
    So far as I know, Primus isn't actually a deity in the strict sense, just the head of the Modrons. (Which, of course, is a fair bit of power, more than many Rank 1 deities, but eh.)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

C'mon guys, you don't need a custom creature to stop metagaming when normal rules and your own campaign setting can do it;

1) A long time ago in a DnD world far far away, De Em, the first ever being to access epic magic realized its unlimited potential and the danger it posed to the universe. Using that epic magic and the inverse-timeless trait of the Far Realm where no time passes for the world however much time passes there, it created an unlimited number of willing participants (through "Origin of Species" and a permanent domination) and used them to cast several epic spells of unlimited basic DC that safeguard the Cosmos.

2) The first spell cast was a permanent ward and transform effect that affected the entire multiverse. The "warding" effect prevents magic effects of any level from working, limited to those that threaten the world's balance. The "transform" effect transformed all creatures in the universe (including those normally immune to such transformations) to lesser versions of themselves that did not have balance-threatening abilities and made those abilities inheritable to subsequent generations.

3) The second spell cast was a permanent damaging aura that affected the entire multiverse. The aura part deals an infinite number of damage with no save and the secondary effect can destroy magical barriers and fields like other Destroy-seed spells but with an infinite bonus to its check. This would normally slay all creatures (and keep slaying them round after round) except that it is limited to affecting creatures that attempt to threaten the balance of the universe.

4) The last spell cast was a mighty illusion that affected the entire universe. Impenetrable to less powerful divinations than itself, it conceals the existence of the Balance-enforcing spells and the fate of any creature that attempts to breach that balance, including from such creatures themselves; the illusion continues even in the Outer Planes where such creatures would go as petitioners once slain.

Basically, only magic that the "De Em" approves of works in the setting, only creatures the "De Em" approves of are in the setting, if you threaten the balance of the universe it's an automatic "rocks fall, you die" and in-game characters never know how or why this happens, even if it happens to them. All it requires is the "De Em" to have been (in-game) the first ever character to use an infinite power exploit - which, as setting background, is up to the GM by definition.

Basically, in this game there is no "rule zero", just a DMPC that is RAW-omnipotent and prevents everyone else from becoming omnipotent. (the first thing any omnipotent character would do if they were smart)

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.