New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default [GIFT] Gift of Preparedness

Gift of Preparedness [General]
    Some call you paranoid. You prefer the term "prepared". In any case, when conflict arises, your natural gifts mean that you are always ready to act.
    Prerequisites: Alertness, Improved Initiative
    Benefits: If there is a surprise round and you can already act in the surprise round, you may take one additional standard action or move action at the end of the surprise round. If there is a surprise round and you otherwise would not be able to act in the surprise round, you may act in the surprise round. If there is no surprise round and your modified initiative roll exceeds the modified rolls of all opponents, you may take one additional standard action or move action at the beginning of the first combat round. You must be capable of moving and acting to take advantage of this feat.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2006-12-20 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Fixed typo, added restriction of being capable of acting to avoid confusion

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [GIFT] Gift of Preparedness

It looks pretty overpowered at first blush, but then I thought about it and it's not so bad. Two fairly minor feats as prerequisites, for a once-per-combat extra action. Very useful -- if you can hit hard, this lets you hit fast to match -- but not overly so.

Tidy up the description a little and I think you've got a solid entry.
    I support paladins and the alignment system.

My Homebrew Gaming Stuff (not updated lately) - My Campaign (ended)
    Homebrew licence:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All my homebrew stuff is released under the Open Game License, except where based on non-OGC work or otherwise stated. For Section 15:

<name of homebrew here> Copyright <year first posted>, T. Pederick