Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default A home in Mind (OOC)

Welcome, welcome.

If you all would be so kind, please go ahead and say hello to each other. If you'd like to do some personal ties for your pre-Pathfinder selves, do so. I think Haley was looking to possibly have her be a sibling to one of the others?

Erica
    Scott - Gl
    Kyle - Gr
    Dale - P
    Justin - E
    Aaron - W

Book of Spell Knowledge.
    Spoiler
    Show

Intelligent Item. Ego Score (Unknown, less than 25)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Abilities:
    Scry
    Others?
    Last edited by Lochar; 2013-09-14 at 12:30 PM.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A home in Mind (OOC)

Justin has been in the group for almost six months now. I imagine it was a rough time for him and that he'd been almost asked not to come back a few times. He is a war vet without the use of his legs. At first there were bouts of tantrums followed by him apologizing and even inviting some of the members over to his place as a way to make amends (and to have company over). Recently things have been getting better for him, he has started vocational training, he hopes he might join an IT service center.

He is 28 (does that make him the oldest of the group?).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the double post, but I need to keep all these thing straight. This is going to be where my notes are.

{table]RL Player | Player | Character | Class | Race
    Comissar|Dale|Fudbiddle the Third|Sorcerer (Fey-Blooded)| Gnome
    Haleyintraining|Erica|Eriellis Talron|Bard|Half-Elf
    Carson|Kyle|Py Umaodon|Hospitaler of the Holy Light 2 Oracle 2|Human
    Flagisthief|Scott|Xal|Rogue|Dhampir
    Shugyosha|Justin|Faylen|Cavalier (Inspiring Commander)|Human
    Blackwind1kaze|Aaron|Volten|Monk (Drunken Monk)|Suli
    [/table]

Dale
    Spoiler
    Show

Character: Fudbiddle the Third, Fey-Blooded Gnome Sorcerer

Backstory: Starting his first year of study for a PhD in Palaeontology, Dale first got into Dungeons and Dragons during his school days. A pair of short lived campaigns saw his first two characters, both Gnomes called Fudbiddle, leave their tales unfinished. One of his friends, who since moved on to another university, put him in contact with his current group. Fudbiddle the Third has already adventured for longer than both of her predecessor's with this new group.

Personality: Dale has a preference for control tactics. Typically playing the arcane classes over the others, he usually makes characters that specialize in directing the actions of his opponents, be it through enchantment or illusions.

Not the most at ease in social situations, the regular pathfinder sessions have proven to be a great way for him to let himself relax after a tough week's work.

Erica
    Erica is Dale's younger sister

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show

Character: Eriellis Talron, Half-Elf Bard.

Backstory: The younger sister of one of the other players (or perhaps of the DM), she was deemed not too annoying to be invited into the group when they needed another player. She would likely be the youngest of the group, still in her final year of high school, although planning to leave for university the following year.

Dale
    Dale is Erica's older Brother

Kyle
    Spoiler
    Show

Player: Kyle Summer
    Profession: College Student
    Part-Time Job: Lifeguard
    Character: Py Umaodon
    Human Paladin/Oracle - Lawful Good

Kyle is an athletic young man at the age of 19. He stands 6 feet tall, has longer brown hair that is in the process of being sun bleached, and very tan skin. He has a very lean build that comes from years of high school swimming and a rather kind face with a rather happy smirk.

As a single child with loving parents, Kyle grew up to be a kind, but distant child. He is very independent, but willing to work with others if they are in need of help. While he is fairly intelligent, he rarely acts upon this due to an amazing amount of laziness. Things like school-work or assignments just don't hold Kyle's interest, leading him to be very good at 3AM essays.

Kyle grew up on the N64. So underneath all of the swimming, he is an avid gamer. So when one of his friends invited him to a different sort of game, he was all to keen to join in.

Scott
    Spoiler
    Show

When Scott was twelve, his parents caught him hacking into his schools computers, changing his grade. The next two years he had no unsupervised time around computers. His parents eventually calmed down and he became an avid gamer, losing himself into roleplaying games and becoming a fairly well known reviewer of new games. One of scott's friends suggested that he find a gaming group and join up with them

Justin
    Spoiler
    Show

Player: Justin Nogura
    Ethnicity: Japanese American

Justin Nogura heard whispers of stories of his heroic grandfather and his effort in WW2 as a soldier in the 442nd mobile infantry. He decided to follow suit and joined the Marines right after college and was sent off to Iraq and then to Afghanistan. It was there that life turned a corner. An IED detonated underneath his humvee. He awoke in a MASH, he sighed in relief as he counted all his limbs, but was in shock when he could not move his legs.

He has been given a medical discharge. Returning home has not been easy for Justin. He hates his life and buries himself in escapist activities, reading, TV, and video games. At the request of his family to find more social activities he has returned to table top gaming and has joined a small group.

Aaron
    Spoiler
    Show

Backstory: Aaron is well known as the Drunk in the group. He isn't afraid to drink while playing because he's learned to control himself even after a bunch of beers. When he isn't with the group he's just a simple factory worker but has been in many fights, both while drunk and sober.

Scott - Gluttony
    Kyle - Greed
    Dale - Pride - Illusion
    Justin - Envy
    Aaron - Wrath
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2013-09-10 at 06:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Riley
    Spoiler
    Show

Description: A whipthin man with shockingly blond hair, almost platinum in color. He's the DM for the group, having run at least one campaign with everyone previously.

The worlds he spins for his players are vast and complete with storylines that draw the player in, in most exquisite detail.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Justin and Jake went to high school together and live pretty close to each other. Justin joined in a game Jake ran back then but was not a constant player.

When Justin returned from Afghanistan, his mother heard through Jake's mother that he was still running games and then suggested Justin join the game.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Early thirties means a 3-4 year gap, shug. You're likely looking at freshman and senior at best. But it's workable.

Don't be stupid.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

23 sounds about the right age for Dale. He could also serve as the older brother to Erica?

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pretty sure Erica is older than 23.

"Alrighty guys, lets get this bloomin show on the road. What's the quest, no reason to stand around looking at each other." Scott smiled at his words before going back into his own little world.
    Last edited by flagisthief; 2013-08-29 at 06:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Erica is a high school senior, which puts her in the 16-18 age range. I think having her as Dale's sister would work.
    ~~This post brought to you in part by HALEYINTRAINING~~

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey! Being like Haley is harder than it looks!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know where they went, but they were Damsel itp gold and Autumn itp bronze.
    Credits: Kwarkpudding (x2) and rtg0922. You both rock!

10. - Top - End - #10

nice monkey there kiddo.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

ages were determined by what information I had in the background. What age is Scott?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

Kyle is at his first year in a JC. So Erica and him would have gone to high school together. (Possibly Scott as well depending on his age)

13. - Top - End - #13

23 going on 24 for the Scott.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems like Erica, Kyle, Dale (and possibly Scott) went to the same High school and could know each other there. However, how did you all get into a game run by someone about a decade older?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Friend of a friend, or the fact that Jake's been putting up notices at the local gaming shop when he needs players.

Don't be stupid.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

If there are any gaming clubs it could have been possible for Dale to run into Jake there. Or, yeah, friend of a friend could work too.

Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Kyle's friend Phil saw an ad for a one-shot, got super excited, and dragged Kyle along to check it out. He then instantly bailed on Kyle and never went back to it. But when Kyle saw that Jake was running a new game, he stopped by and asked for a spot.

If anyone else wants to know Phil, be my guest!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

I know this is pretty inconvenient, but I just found out that I might be without Internet for a few weeks, so it's probably a bad idea for me to get involved in a pbp right now. Hopefully it's not too much trouble to find a replacement..?

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know where they went, but they were Damsel itp gold and Autumn itp bronze.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carson6412 View Post
    Kyle's friend Phil saw an ad for a one-shot, got super excited, and dragged Kyle along to check it out. He then instantly bailed on Kyle and never went back to it. But when Kyle saw that Jake was running a new game, he stopped by and asked for a spot.

If anyone else wants to know Phil, be my guest!
    I like this... It's just like Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleyintraining View Post
    I know this is pretty inconvenient, but I just found out that I might be without Internet for a few weeks, so it's probably a bad idea for me to get involved in a pbp right now. Hopefully it's not too much trouble to find a replacement..?
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know how many weeks?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry to hear it

Potential solution if you're eager to not drop/won't be without access for too long, also dependant on how we're starting out. Erica could just be running late to get to the session? I don't know how quickly we're jumping into the main story though.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Comissar View Post
    Sorry to hear it

Potential solution if you're eager to not drop/won't be without access for too long, also dependant on how we're starting out. Erica could just be running late to get to the session? I don't know how quickly we're jumping into the main story though.
    I can faff about a bit to draw it out. Also, no library or any sort of semi-access?

Don't be stupid.

22. - Top - End - #22

Hey, maybe Phil invited Erica to this game and told her that he would let her know when it was going to start. So naturally, she wouldn't be here until a few weeks late.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, maybe Phil invited Erica to this game and told her that he would let her know when it was going to start. So naturally, she wouldn't be here until a few weeks late.
    Doesn't work if Dale/Erica are siblings, unless there's major lack of communication between the two.

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Besides, if you're being ganked into the game it's not going to be so easy to get out.

Don't be stupid.

25. - Top - End - #25

Haha yeah, I guess that really wouldn't work XD Oh well, it was just a thought.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

I've got a work around in mind, Haley when will you be losing your net connection?

Don't be stupid.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

The thing is I'm not too sure when it will start and for how long, due to real life shenanigans. I appreciate you guys trying to making it work, though I think you'd be better off just finding a replacement player if possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

The thing is I'm not too sure when it will start and for how long, due to real life shenanigans. I appreciate you guys trying to making it work, though I think you'd be better off just finding a replacement player if possible.
    Fair enough, sorry to see you leave.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello! Lochar is allowing me to fill in the gap since Hailey had to reluctantly leave.

My character was Aaron playing a Suli Drunken Monk.

Aaron is actually in his early thirties and was among one of the first few players to be in a game with Jake when he first started GMing.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Cool, looking forward to getting this started

Show