New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Is she up on the PBE already? She looks like a lot of fun! I agree that Riot has been putting out a few too many ADC's lately, but I won't lie that Jinx might seek to be one of the main ones I play. Based on all of her steroids though, I'm guessing that she either gets nerfed soon after release, or she ends up getting tweaked quite a bit before her release.

Speaking of permabanned though, am I the only who thinks we need 8 bans instead of 6? I mean, there's quite a few champs these days.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

I forsee some heavy tweaks in Jinx's immediate future, yeah.

As for bans... They bumped the number from 4 to 6 a ways back for that reason. Now that there's another 30 or so champs available, it certainly feels like 6 bans aren't quite enough sometimes.
    Truth resists simplicity.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Colossus in the Playground

Bans aren't that simple a thing though. Competitively, they're used strategically and too many bans makes it really, really hard for a player to master enough champions to basically have anything to play if enemy focuses bans on that one player.

On the other hand, it's true that 4 bans for 40 champs isn't quite the same as 6 for 110 or whatever. However, dealing with balance issues goes a long way towards shoring up the need for extra bans just out of numbers too.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I think I saw the answer on Reign of Gaming, but it's for only the first rocket attack. So you can get in a quick single rocket, but after that your Attack Speed drops back to normal.
    On that note, is there a good place to see the pick/ban rates of the champions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Here's the site I use.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

sooo... when I ever I get back to being able to league, I'm learning Jinx.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

I generally use lolking.

You can also search players there if you were curious what rank any player in one of your games was.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Bans aren't that simple a thing though. Competitively, they're used strategically and too many bans makes it really, really hard for a player to master enough champions to basically have anything to play if enemy focuses bans on that one player.

On the other hand, it's true that 4 bans for 40 champs isn't quite the same as 6 for 110 or whatever. However, dealing with balance issues goes a long way towards shoring up the need for extra bans just out of numbers too.
    I wonder which champions mid we'd see with 8 bans. Alex Ich resorted to Gragas in a decisive game 3 because all the other assassin-ish champions were banned or picked.

Maybe the resurgence of Lux?

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry guys, after the interweb "repair" I've been getting pings going randomly from 90 (20 under normal!) to 730 (WTF CHARTER). This is making games, well, unplayable.

I've been ****ing around in Mass Effect to burn time while Charter figures out what they ****ed up. And yes, it is happening with other platforms as well; it's not just with LOL.

Recaiden or Qwerty, if you want lead on Inversion, say the word. I'll transfer it to you (although I do want it back when I have a stable connection again).
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure what I'd do with it, the team's at 9 already. Is there anything to do with leadership other than add/remove players?

In Jinx news, I love how many exclamation points she's got.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I wonder which champions mid we'd see with 8 bans. Alex Ich resorted to Gragas in a decisive game 3 because all the other assassin-ish champions were banned or picked.

Maybe the resurgence of Lux?
    Oh, there isn't a lack of champions. It's just champions that fit the comp and that the player is practiced in that is the problem.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Barbarian in the Playground

does jinx's ult splash the execute damage too?

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, there isn't a lack of champions. It's just champions that fit the comp and that the player is practiced in that is the problem.
    Pretty much.

4 bans each means that for pro matchs (and any match where you are aware of your opponents before hand), every single player has to be proficient in at a minimum FIVE champions, and honestly should probably have 6 or 7. If you only know 5, and your opponent knows which 5, by banning 4 he essentially is picking your champ for you. Or if you know 5, your opponent bans out 4, and then picks your 5th, you're stuck on a champ you aren't proficient with.

Just too many targeted bans, tbh. And then you have the problem if both sides decide to use their bans on the same role - you could conceivably have 8 champions banned out for a single role!

I think it's fine right now.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    In Jinx news, I love how many exclamation points she's got.
    Ahem.

UPGRADE!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Ahem.

UPGRADE!!!
    Great, so Heimer has three. Jinx has five.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Pretty much.

4 bans each means that for pro matchs (and any match where you are aware of your opponents before hand), every single player has to be proficient in at a minimum FIVE champions, and honestly should probably have 6 or 7. If you only know 5, and your opponent knows which 5, by banning 4 he essentially is picking your champ for you. Or if you know 5, your opponent bans out 4, and then picks your 5th, you're stuck on a champ you aren't proficient with.

Just too many targeted bans, tbh. And then you have the problem if both sides decide to use their bans on the same role - you could conceivably have 8 champions banned out for a single role!

I think it's fine right now.
    But wouldn't that promote exactly what Riot wants: a wider selection of champs chosen by pros in competitive play? I mean, when it comes down to it, they are professional video gamers. They should be able to play more than just a handful of champions proficiently. Yes, they are going to have their one or two that they are really good with, but there's no reason they shouldn't have to up their game. Personally, I think it'd make it a lot more interesting for this very fact.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

^I agree, I don't know about you, but I got bored of seeing Corki in almost every match in the world series (I haven't seen all matches, but the ones I saw someone always picked Corki if he wasn't banned),
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground

It's not like a pro player doesn't learn a bunch more champions because they're lazy. The more bans, the wider champion pools have to be. The wider champion pools have to be, the worse each player is on each champion. The worse each player is on each champion, the lower the overall play level in tournaments. I prefer watching higher-level play.

Corki being broken is a separate issue.

Riot has also stated that the more bans exist, the more of strategy moves to the pick phase, and they want more strategy to remain in the gameplay itself. This sounds reasonable to me.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    ^I agree, I don't know about you, but I got bored of seeing Corki in almost every match in the world series (I haven't seen all matches, but the ones I saw someone always picked Corki if he wasn't banned),
    Corki, Shen, Zed and Ahri all being above 90% pick/ban for this world's isn't an issue with too few bans.

It's an issue with certain champions needing to be balanced.

After you take those 4 out of the equation, the next group you see are Zyra, Sona and Elize at about the 75% pick/ban, then Thresh, Aatrox, Orianna and Lee Sin in the low 60's, and so on. So still a high pick/ban, but not up to that ridiculous "Ban it or pick first"!! level.

And you see it in the statistics. The bans are all being used on the same group of champions.

Thresh, Kassadin, Zed and Ahri already have ridiculous ban rates. You want to see them approach 100% ban rates in ranked games? Add in another ban on each side.

If there is a problem with the variety of champions being played, its because a few champions need a nerf.

Once Corki is taken out of the equation, there is pretty good variety in what AD's have been played.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-09-27 at 03:50 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Orc in the Playground

Man people too focused on what champs are being picked instead of the level of play, if next worlds was to still have the same champs being played i"d be down. THe level of play is that impressive.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

So.

What does the thread think is the appropriate response to "I know you said no to me playing Karthus top, but I'm going to do it anyway even though you locked in a top who can't jungle very effectively" is?

Cause I'm not ashamed to admit that my response was to set Veigar up and try to get him to 1000 AP.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    So.

What does the thread think is the appropriate response to "I know you said no to me playing Karthus top, but I'm going to do it anyway even though you locked in a top who can't jungle very effectively" is?

Cause I'm not ashamed to admit that my response was to set Veigar up and try to get him to 1000 AP.
    I feel like I'm missing some critical details that would flavor my response.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    The answer to the Corki problem is not to have Corki banned every game, it's to balance him to a point where he doesn't need to be pick/banned every game.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Honestly, Corki is really good, but also overrated right now. Yes, he's good, but he's still not a lategame hypercarry, and he still gets outscaled if he doesn't get ahead early, and he's best later in a physical-heavy composition since his damage is quite heavily magical.

Many teams have picked champs like Cait, Vayne & Varus over him even when he's been available, to good effect. Ashe is also a great champ for laning vs. Corki and for providing a great lategame carry. Corki probably benefits a bit too much of the current Triforce but overall, the champ isn't quite as dominant as the hype would have him.

Ahri is a separate case where people just pick Ahri 'cause she's a great laner (has no real counterpicks), mobile and still has good single target (and AOE; both ulti and Q hit AOE) burst. She existed for the longest time with no problem; currently she's highly valued for her ability to punish map rotations but that's in no ways unique to Ahri, and I think this is colored more by the mid players in Worlds teams mostly being assassin-players rather than the class being intrinsically superior (also, Zed's stupid but that's a whole separate issue and mostly has to do with how his ulti percentile multiplier scales alongside his W percentile multiplier which kinda leads to stupid number multiplication lategame).

And yes, the thesis "But teams with assassin mids qualified so assassin mids probably have a degree of advantage over non-assassin mids!" has some merit. But honestly, these teams (aside from SKT, where the mid is so good he'd wreck face with any champs) have been around for a long time and have been performing for a long time; I don't feel the thesis has too much merit overall.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2013-09-27 at 04:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

One thing to consider is which champions are picked/banned simply due to being really good vs. which ones are picked/banned due to the metagame.

For example, if Champion A is awesomesauce on toast and Champion B is literally laughably bad BUT completely shuts down Champion A, then Champion B could wind up with a high pick rate. Should Champion A get nerfed for otherwise fall out of favor though, Champion B would disappear.

===

On a completely unrelated note, which should I buy first: Corki or Tristana? They're probably the only carries I'll be able to afford anytime soon.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-09-27 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

I'll just leave this here since I'm uberhappy :3

Spoiler
    Show

mcdougal, i played leona almost exclusively during the last few games

we yaoi now?
    Last edited by Winthur; 2013-09-27 at 05:22 PM.
    Mordekaiser for president.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't buy Tristana. You can get her for free by liking Riot on Facebook.

She's really fun to play as a champ though. One of my favourite ADCs.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

One thing to consider is which champions are picked/banned simply due to being really good vs. which ones are picked/banned due to the metagame.

For example, if Champion A is awesomesauce on toast and Champion B is literally laughably bad BUT completely shuts down Champion A, then Champion B could wind up with a high pick rate. Should Champion A get nerfed for otherwise fall out of favor though, Champion B would disappear.

===

On a completely unrelated note, which should I buy first: Corki or Tristana? They're probably the only carries I'll be able to afford anytime soon.
    You should not buy Tristana - or Alistar.

You can get both of them for free by liking them on facebook, and following their Youtube feed, respectively.

Instructions are here: (I just googled it - can't remember if they're right or not its been a long time) - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2758091

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

I'm curious to see what the finalized ward changes end up being for the next season. I think that how vision ends up working will go a long way towards either keeping assassins at the top or making them much less useful.

Also if Riot makes it harder to 2v1 effectively and makes laning phase last longer, that would have a big effect on the strength of roaming assassin champs.

Buy Corki, get free Tristana, play Tristana because she's way more fun.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Firbolg in the Playground

Had a really, really weird ranked game today

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone just sort of shuffled into roles based on preference. I ended up top on Renekton. We needed something beefy for the teamcomp (we talked about the comp). First blood was given up in an unfortunate 1-2 exchange. We just decided to try and farm up then. I was against a Kennen, and that top lane went exactly how it should shake out, dead tower but I was able to come out a kill up and get tanky.

Mid game runs around, and we just start wrecking stuff. They tried to get a 3v1 mid in exchange for a dragon we took. I counter-roamed. Nocturn ulted in after I engaged. 3-0 win, two towers.

After that it was a grind to the win. We had me and Janna peeling heavily for our only-one-death carry. I did the tank thing diving taking all the burst. We pinged and talked and kept things positive. At one point we managed to outmaneuver two towers and a dragon in exchange for them finally getting me. 4-2-10 (I dove in front of a hook to keep them away from the shutdown bonus for Cait)

I HAD A RANKED GAME WHERE EVERYONE COOPERATED.

It's weird.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2013-09-27 at 05:53 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC