New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    If we are counting how many champions we want to buy I have about 6 or 7 that I really want to get in the near future, but I dunno I am just getting used to Jax (my newest buy not counting Tristana or Alistair) and I am already wanting to try something new. I feel like I need to get at lease some proficiency with support and mid champs, but I also want to get good at top/jungling .... argh I am an indecisive mess right now.

Incidentally, how much do Runes affect the game? I was watching some youtube commentaries and I couldn't help but notice that most junglers could clear up at least 1 side of the jungle without using more than 1 pot. And when I jungle with say Master Yi I chug potions like crazy just to stay alive at one of the buffs.
    Runes and masteries influence everything a lot. It's a whole different game without them. Same basic ideas but it's like, I can't outplay level 30 gold botlanes with a level 1 account even though I'm Diamond; I just need that many extra hits for it to work out (well, unless I get a really good support). Jungling is definitely worlds easier with proper runepages. Tons of extra ASpd/damage and armor.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2013-09-30 at 04:50 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

Figures... oh well at least I am closer to level 30 than to level 1 (just got level 16 today).
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    You can build her ADC (BotRK, Static Shiv, Last Whisper, Inf. Edge) and absolutely wreck people with her q. But this also requires her to have a good start, which against caitlyn, is very hard (she has stupid range on her attacks and can pressure trist out of lane mercilessly).
    That's not an ideal item order for Tristana. Blade of the Ruined King first is okay, especially if you need it in lane, but Infinity Edge should be the second purchase in almost all cases (except once in a while if you really need Last Whisper ASAP). Generally you either want to go Bork, IE, LW or, if you're ahead in lane and can just get a BF sword, go IE, PD, LW.

I don't think Static Shiv is good on Trist. She can splitpush with all her escapes, but she's better just building the Phantom Dancer to hypercarry better.

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Until you play Pantheon. Then they gain ESP and walk out of the circle before they can even see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    I was gonna say, I randomed him on ARAM last night because he's free this week and never hit a damn thing with his ult.
    Drop the circle right on top of somebody's head. If you try to lead them, they can just change directions and get out of it. Or, if your team is closing, drop the circle where the enemy team is trying to fall back so that their choice is either stand in the circle or let the rest of your team catch them.

I feel bad about some buys (I'm looking at you Ashe) which I don't think I used more than once.
    Consider trying Ashe some more. She's quite excellent (she's been seeing a great deal of professional play), she'll help you practice harassing and last hitting because of her long range, and her ultimate is game-changing.

Incidentally, how much do Runes affect the game? I was watching some youtube commentaries and I couldn't help but notice that most junglers could clear up at least 1 side of the jungle without using more than 1 pot. And when I jungle with say Master Yi I chug potions like crazy just to stay alive at one of the buffs.
    Sometimes a lot. Armor is super useful for jungling and also for laning because it makes early autoattacks and minion attacks hurt a lot less. Magic resist runes are also quite helpful if you play mid lane a lot as it makes it quite a bit harder for opposing casters to kill you dead.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

Too many champions or being able to use more than 3 effectively?

I feel bad about some buys (I'm looking at you Ashe) which I don't think I used more than once.
    Most of my buys at this point aren't champions I'm going to play, but simply trade fodder so that they can first pick support and I can later pick their champ.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Barbarian in the Playground

Figures... oh well at least I am closer to level 30 than to level 1 (just got level 16 today).
    I really hate to burst you're bubble but you aren't. It get's exponentially harder to level up. I'd assume you're somewhere around 125ish games, but you'll be close to 400 by the time you're done.

This isn't to be discouragement because new faces are always nice, but more as a warning so you aren't disappointed.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Most of my buys at this point aren't champions I'm going to play, but simply trade fodder so that they can first pick support and I can later pick their champ.
    Eh so far I haven't gone into draft picks so I haven't run into that particular issue (though I have been forced into picking roles I don't know how to play... I suck at Blitzcrack.... that stupid rocket grab.... argh why is it that hard to land?!). But that does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    I really hate to burst you're bubble but you aren't. It get's exponentially harder to level up. I'd assume you're somewhere around 125ish games, but you'll be close to 400 by the time you're done.

This isn't to be discouragement because new faces are always nice, but more as a warning so you aren't disappointed.
    Oh I know, I kinda expected the leveling to be like almost all other level up system. And frankly I've no idea how many games I've played; I know I have about 11 wins in normal (I leveled about 7-ish levels purely on Bots, which I now know was a terribad idea).
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

cool patch.

olaf rework hits, the worst parts of his kit have been toned down a bit (old E cd and axe-chaining weren't actually interactive or fun for anyone but olaf).

triforce costs a bit more, but that's fine. the phage passive nerf for ranged champions was really needed.

very subtle kat/shen/cass/lucian/ryze/thresh balancing seems good.

the options menu rework that reinboom's team did is going live, too. congrats.

edit:
    still no real changes to zed/shen/ahri/corki's kit is interesting and kind of reassuring.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2013-09-30 at 06:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Drop the circle right on top of somebody's head. If you try to lead them, they can just change directions and get out of it. Or, if your team is closing, drop the circle where the enemy team is trying to fall back so that their choice is either stand in the circle or let the rest of your team catch them.
    I did drop it right on their heads, usually when they were circled around one of our towers hitting it. They consistently got away anyway.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

If we are counting how many champions we want to buy
    I'm counting champions I don't own, as in I own all 92 other champions.

My jungling page has(basic item gold efficiency):
    +15% AS (500g)
    +13 Armor (260g)
    +12 MR (240g)
    +4.5% MS (200g)

So let me ask you, does 1200g make a difference? That's 4 kills or 60 CS more than what you'd normally have.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    They fixed that thing with Heimer's turrets having years of cooldown. That was found by this thread iirc.

Edit: Yorick ghouls and Teemo shrooms worth money now. That's particularly rough for Yorick since his lane dominance now feeds the opponent money if they can just stick around.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2013-09-30 at 07:33 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: Yorick ghouls and Teemo shrooms worth money now. That's particularly rough for Yorick since his lane dominance now feeds the opponent money if they can just stick around.
    Its a stop-gap while his rework brews.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

edit:
    still no real changes to zed/shen/ahri/corki's kit is interesting and kind of reassuring.
    Something to think about here is that Riot probably has something in mind for Season 4, and they will probably reevaluate the "assassin" meta in an upcoming patch.

Another thing to think about: The assassin meta is, from a spectator perspective, at least a little better than the "lets just farm" meta that Karthus/Anivia/Orianna spawned. (And Shen/Corki were really strong back then anyways).

13. - Top - End - #1183

ClericGuy

So after playing for who knows how long and not enjoying normal play outside of bots, I played a game of ARAM. For the very first time, I got a pentakill with Jax! I was so very happy. We won like a minute after that as we took down their last towers. I just needed to tell somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course. Zyra is in the free week rotation this time. FOTM/worlds copiers invade in 3... (and shyvana's free too. Might be playing her a bit this week)
    Last edited by Antonok; 2013-09-30 at 08:50 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

15. - Top - End - #1185

Quote Originally Posted by jguy View Post
    So after playing for who knows how long and not enjoying normal play outside of bots, I played a game of ARAM. For the very first time, I got a pentakill with Jax! I was so very happy. We won like a minute after that as we took down their last towers. I just needed to tell somebody.
    Congratulations!

I mainly play support or bruiser style champs so Penta's are far and few between for me Especially with all the assassin's running around mid lane lately, taking those last kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    You could also go on an adventure for the magical strap-on, if you really want to make an adventure out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Wizard View Post
    Come at me scrublord I'm ripped

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So I've started playing PvP, with some pressuring from Godskook, and just once I'd like to be on the 5 man side of a 4v5. Honestly, it's been three games in a row now.

Been playing Ahri in mid and Irelia up top, so any advice for the newest new guy would be appreciated.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Banned

They fixed that thing with Heimer's turrets having years of cooldown. That was found by this thread iirc.
    I dunno, did we find it before the middle of July? A quick search indicates that it's been on Youtube/Reddit/LoL forums since at least then.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    So I've started playing PvP, with some pressuring from Godskook, and just once I'd like to be on the 5 man side of a 4v5. Honestly, it's been three games in a row now.

Been playing Ahri in mid and Irelia up top, so any advice for the newest new guy would be appreciated.
    the 4v5 is an inherent risk of soloq sadly. Draft mode helps with this a bit but you'd have to have a basic understanding of all 5 roles and 2-3 (or more) champs for it.

Other then that, go with a 5 man premade or just keep trying.

<Or play Yi/Xin/Teemo/Lee/other hyper carry and just carry the game>
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

19. - Top - End - #1189

I generally don't harass much on Ahri til I get a second point in Q. By the time you hit 6 try to have them whittled down to round half hp, you can attempt to push the lane then as well so you hit 6 a couple of creeps before them. Once you hit 6 you can half to zero them as Ahri pretty easily (assuming you hit skill shots and have around half your mana left for abilities).
    That being said, I don't play a huge amount of mid. And if I do it's mostly Ziggs or Ezreal.
    You could also go on an adventure for the magical strap-on, if you really want to make an adventure out of this.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

I only solo queue when I'm in ranked. For normals I grab other playgrounders basically every time and queue 5-man.

As for Ahri, the biggest mistake I see Ahri players make is blowing too much mana at levels 1-2, and spending the rest of the laning phase almost oom. 1-2 spells is ok, especially if you can land them, but try to save most of your mana for when you can get combos or multi-rank spells off(and you can almost spell-spam once you get blues).

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Irelia is fun. ^_^ I feel like she's easier than Jax somehow. Still has a weird ramp-up time, but the inbuilt sustain is something I really like.

22. - Top - End - #1192

All these 4v5s happening recently. I had a truly, horridly, awful nasus on my team one game today that swore and threw tantrums like a child, slung around death threats, threatened to afk, and sold all his items for machetes and started suiciding. He earned nine reports.

The next game, our carry DC'd around 16-18 minutes and never came back.

We still won that one, though. Singed OP.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Irelia is fun. ^_^ I feel like she's easier than Jax somehow. Still has a weird ramp-up time, but the inbuilt sustain is something I really like.
    her teamfighting is easier.

also she's da best, took you long enough.

24. - Top - End - #1194

her teamfighting is easier.

also she's da best, took you long enough.
    No, no, no. Teemoo is da best

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

Mordekaiser es número uno.

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Mordekaiser es número uno... de la nada!

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja.
    FTFY

27. - Top - End - #1197

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Troll in the Playground

See, the funny part is that if the jungle had been anyone but Yi, I would consider that a potentially legitimate team comp.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

Cassiopeia
    Context: The cost of Cassiopeia's Petrifying Gaze is too damn high. To remedy this, we've reduced its mana cost at all levels to bring it more in line with other ultimate abilities.

Petrifying Gaze
    Mana cost reduced to 100 (from 120/160/200)
    seriously Riot? You now communicate in memes? *flips desk*

An option to disable camera movement on revive has been added to the Game section
    this is actually agreat feature. For the rest I'd think this is a good patch, tha tis, until Jinx hits play...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

Every company does now. It's in.