New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Really depends how it's coded; I can see ways it could be coded where you can't just change the name of one league, you'd have to switch the name in the list of possible names
    Given that League names are static once created, I suspect that they're stored specifically rather than generically.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    For the record I like this idea. The reason that LoL is a popular and fun game is because it has 100+ heroes that are each supposed to be fun and unique, and Zilean's ult truly is unique, and actually, his entire kit is really awesome. They just need to adjust numbers or something pls.
    At minimum, Zilean needs a Skarner-level rework, probably more, before he can be allowed to be viable.
    Last edited by Godskook; 2013-10-01 at 06:12 PM.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    At minimum, Zilean needs a Skarner-level rework, probably more, before he can be allowed to be viable.
    I just like his kit a lot. If he was better I'd play him more. Rewind is so cool.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Given that League names are static once created, I suspect that they're stored specifically rather than generically.
    Some forms of storing numbers takes up less memory than a standard string, and then they just have the array of strings stored in one place.

So basically, it could be storing something like '37' for the league name, and then every time they need to print it, instead of printing leagueId, they print leagueNames[leagueId]

I mean, it could easily just be stored locally as a string, but it's also possible it's stored in another method that means you can't just change the name of one league.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

I just like his kit a lot. If he was better I'd play him more. Rewind is so cool.
    Rewind is problematic like Rengar's ferocity skills are, currently, or old LB's ult. You just use it to double-tap your max-rank spell, giving you massive power spikes every time you level-up an the basic skill you're double-tapping.

He's also a long-ranged point'n'click burst champion, which is just not a good direction for a champion if you want them to be viable.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinboom View Post
    Random happy incident:
    Made it so that you can now "stick" chat so that while browsing the chat history, new messages won't send you to the bottom. This took rewriting a huge portion of chat. It's the reason why it wasn't done before (though not for lack of a few people trying). This'll probably be in 3.13.
    Hurrah for lull times after big projects and dares by xelnath.
    So... I can now check baron without having to try a dozen times? AMAZING

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

For the record I like this idea. The reason that LoL is a popular and fun game is because it has 100+ heroes that are each supposed to be fun and unique, and Zilean's ult truly is unique, and actually, his entire kit is really awesome. They just need to adjust numbers or something pls.
    what kind of sick individual likes zilean's kit?

it's actually the worst

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

There's a handful of mumblers who're only on mumble because we dragged them on with us. If you cultivate a European activity on the server, there'll be one.

Hell, I'm pretty sure there's a good few playgrounders who only transitioned to being mumblers because I personally dragged them on.
    *shakes fist at Kook*
    Random happy incident:
    Made it so that you can now "stick" chat so that while browsing the chat history, new messages won't send you to the bottom. This took rewriting a huge portion of chat. It's the reason why it wasn't done before (though not for lack of a few people trying). This'll probably be in 3.13.
    Oh my god Reina. Reina, I think I love you.

Also, if Xelnath has the time to dare you to rewrite Chat, he should be finishing Xerath or Yorick. >=\

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Also, if Xelnath has the time to dare you to rewrite Chat, he should be finishing Xerath or Yorick. >=\
    As I understand things, there's significant bottlenecking of resources in places that require 10+ Rioters working together.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    what kind of sick individual likes zilean's kit?

it's actually the worst
    bombs are dumb, I agree. But Rewind is coolio. And so is the revive. I like Reviving people.

I'm actually a fan of 4-protect-1 as a strategy, and Zilean is a great candidate for that strategy.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

As I understand things, there's significant bottlenecking of resources in places that require 10+ Rioters working together.
    I know.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Any chance of adding something so that chatrooms blink like private messages do when someone sends you a message and the client or box is in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    edit- oh, and what does everything think of Cleaver vs Hydra for your extended-core offensive item on Renekton?
    I would only build Hydra if I was miles in front or vsing someone who could wave clear amazingly well (to try stop them from roaming or at least be able to follow). Even then I'd still consider Cleaver. I just really like that item on him

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, apart from Nasus, which melee character would benefit well from Tri-force now?
    I've tried it on Wukong a couple of times to great effect. The others mentioned (Irelia and Jax in particular) are also candidates.
    I personally wouldn't build it on Renekton or Shen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    You could also go on an adventure for the magical strap-on, if you really want to make an adventure out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Wizard View Post
    Come at me scrublord I'm ripped

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, apart from Nasus, which melee character would benefit well from Tri-force now?
    I like it on bruiser nidalee. Goes well with her cat form imo. plus she can use just about everything it offers stat wise.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2013-10-01 at 08:01 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #1304

ClericGuy

So with the Garen visual upgrade can we finally upgrade Taric's look? He looks so damn blocky and yet he has super pointy shoes like he's a damn elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rubber Band View Post
    I've tried it on Wukong a couple of times to great effect. The others mentioned (Irelia and Jax in particular) are also candidates.
    I personally wouldn't build it on Renekton or Shen.
    If you want a damage item on Shen, Triforce is the best bang for your buck. Mobility helps you stick in there but most importantly, you can easily trigger Sheen every time it's off cooldown between Q, W and W-enhanced passive procs providing you with Energy.

Shen's passive goes great with the ASpd, Health is obviously a superb stat on him and he actually has decent AP scaling so all the stats except for mana obviously are superb on Shen. Shen actually used to build the old Triforce at times too. Basically, your damage options with Shen are Wit's End, BoRK and Triforce (Sunfire is kinda given to enable splitpushing). Attack Speed is king.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

bombs are dumb, I agree. But Rewind is coolio. And so is the revive. I like Reviving people.
    Rewind is the biggest thing about bombs that is dumb, so I'm really confused by you projecting it all onto bombs instead of Rewind.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Firbolg in the Playground

When I logged on at roughly 9:20 Eastern there was a small patch, about 21 MB as I recall, that dropped since I logged on earlier in the afternoon around 5:30. Something in that patch changed my in-game resolution so that everything is stretched and distorted and unless I move the window I only see half the shop when it's open. What gives?
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

Rewind is the biggest thing about bombs that is dumb, so I'm really confused by you projecting it all onto bombs instead of Rewind.
    I think the idea of bombs as long range point-and-click harass in general is a bit of a problem. Rewind is also a little odd, since the only point of its existence is double bombing; the Time Warp and Chronoshift could just have their cooldowns slashed instead for roughly the same effect. Rewind should definitely be replaced, I think, with a skill that actually does something instead of just... making his cooldowns less disgusting. They could stand to make his passive more interesting too, honestly.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    I think the idea of bombs as long range point-and-click harass in general is a bit of a problem. Rewind is also a little odd, since the only point of its existence is double bombing; the Time Warp and Chronoshift could just have their cooldowns slashed instead for roughly the same effect. Rewind should definitely be replaced, I think, with a skill that actually does something instead of just... making his cooldowns less disgusting. They could stand to make his passive more interesting too, honestly.
    You can double-slow or slow+haste or double-haste too. While Rewind is most notable for Bombs, Time Warp does work with it.

20. - Top - End - #1310

Planetar

So after trying her on the PBE I have to say Jinx is disgustingly powerful, her DPS is nuts and she has decent zone control with her W and E. Then of course her ult is just a straight up massive damage global finisher, only note is its hitbox is not nearly as wide as say an ezreal or ashe ult, but it moves much faster than either once it gets moving.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    When I logged on at roughly 9:20 Eastern there was a small patch, about 21 MB as I recall, that dropped since I logged on earlier in the afternoon around 5:30. Something in that patch changed my in-game resolution so that everything is stretched and distorted and unless I move the window I only see half the shop when it's open. What gives?
    Sorry about that. The conversion code that migrates what you had in the format the old options menu used versus the new options menu may not always run in time for us to properly setup the GDI. The result is that it fails to handle the pieces that are required at the VERY beginning of the game booting: how your game window looks.

22. - Top - End - #1312

Planetar

Sorry about that. The conversion code that migrates what you had in the format the old options menu used versus the new options menu may not always run in time for us to properly setup the GDI. The result is that it fails to handle the pieces that are required at the VERY beginning of the game booting: how your game window looks.
    Out of curiosity how many more systems do you guys think you're going to have to totally redo due to ancient spaghetti code? Now that you've done item shop, UI, and options menu, what is next?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Firbolg in the Playground

I fixed it manually through the options while in game, but haven't started another game since. Is it going to keep doing it? Not a big deal if so; changing it back takes a couple of seconds, but I'd rather know (and you probably would to).
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Out of curiosity how many more systems do you guys think you're going to have to totally redo due to ancient spaghetti code? Now that you've done item shop, UI, and options menu, what is next?
    We've redone way more than that, just it's not always obvious. Quite a bit the systems that are redone would be difficult to explain why. e.g. We recently made a massive change to how our packet system works; which is totally not relevant as a thing to players. Only what it allows down the road.
    Incidentally, sometimes you will see things that look very new but are very not. Like the base HUD update about a year ago uses mostly the same code as before the update.

I couldn't really say what all systems might be touched after. We shift around a lot here.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

I fixed it manually through the options while in game, but haven't started another game since. Is it going to keep doing it? Not a big deal if so; changing it back takes a couple of seconds, but I'd rather know (and you probably would to).
    It did the same thing to me, I fixed it in the first game, and in the 2 games since it has been fine.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

It shouldn't. If it does, then there is something else going on.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Random happy incident:
    You are making a strong run for "coolest person ever" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    If you want a damage item on Shen, Triforce is the best bang for your buck. Mobility helps you stick in there but most importantly, you can easily trigger Sheen every time it's off cooldown between Q, W and W-enhanced passive procs providing you with Energy.

Shen's passive goes great with the ASpd, Health is obviously a superb stat on him and he actually has decent AP scaling so all the stats except for mana obviously are superb on Shen. Shen actually used to build the old Triforce at times too. Basically, your damage options with Shen are Wit's End, BoRK and Triforce (Sunfire is kinda given to enable splitpushing). Attack Speed is king.
    I've tried Triforce on Shen recently and I find myself surprised by how well he can fight with it. The Q+auto+ki strike+triforce proc combination hits really hard and people do not expect that kind of burst from a Shen.

We've redone way more than that, just it's not always obvious. Quite a bit the systems that are redone would be difficult to explain why. e.g. We recently made a massive change to how our packet system works; which is totally not relevant as a thing to players. Only what it allows down the road.
    Incidentally, sometimes you will see things that look very new but are very not. Like the base HUD update about a year ago uses mostly the same code as before the update.

I couldn't really say what all systems might be touched after. We shift around a lot here.
    That sounds exciting. Was this also related to fixing the "SUDDENLY FRAMERATE LAG!!" problems that have been happening for a bit?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

28. - Top - End - #1318

Any tips on playing Shen? I'm familiar with the splitpush and ult strategies, but other than rushing Sunfire what items are good on him right now?
    Trinity Force is obviously a good damage item, but should I build more survivability first?
    Last edited by Istari; 2013-10-01 at 10:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Any tips on playing Shen? I'm familiar with the splitpush and ult strategies, but other than rushing Sunfire what items are good on him right now?
    Trinity Force is obviously a good damage item, but should I build more survivability first?
    Spirit Visage is amazing. More tank is always good. Like Randuin's.
    As for damage... Wit's End would be my go to choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    You could also go on an adventure for the magical strap-on, if you really want to make an adventure out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Wizard View Post
    Come at me scrublord I'm ripped

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Shen is probably my best champion and i got to plat by playing him almost exclusively.

If you're laning against a champion with heavy physical or mixed damage, you pretty much always rush sunfire. Against threats that are largely magical in nature you rush spirit visage.

If you started with Sunfire, your next pick should be one of Spirit Visage, Randuin's, or Triforce depending on need. If you're snowballing an early triforce makes you absolutely monstrous. You want one lategame regardless, it lets you combo carries for about 40% of their healthbar.

Randuins and Visage are obviously for more armor or more MR, respectively. Very rarely do I reach full build and not finish a game with all four of those items.

Against hypercarries or multiple auto-attackers Thornmail is a good fourth, fifth, or sixth item, but most games don't call for that sort of thing.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2013-10-01 at 10:49 PM.