New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    I accept all the friend requests and add them to a folder called "YOUR FANS", and if they start spamming me I delete them. Maybe it's not the best way to handle it
    I used to try that but I ran into the 300-friend-limit fairly quickly. Just saying, probably not sustainable.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    P.S. This is already the case for Starcraft 2. Some Koreans come over to WCS America because they couldn't cut it in Korea.
    That isn't really the reason why. 5 of the top 9 players, in terms of WCS points, are from the America region. Most of the Koreans in WCS America are on foreign based teams. In the round of 8 of the last WCS finals 4 of the players where from America, 3 from Korea and 1 from Europe. Just saying the reason that the Koreans in WCS America are there isn't because they are bad, many of them are considered to be some of the strongest players currently.

Seems interesting, any idea what the actual rules for teams playing in the LCS is?
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2013-09-12 at 03:24 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

It calls out the exact rules in the link given.

Commenting on the eligibility of Quantic’s Korean team qualifying for the North American LCS, Riot Games eSports Manager Nick Allen cited the three conditions each LCS player must meet. In addition to being at least 17 years of age, the player “must submit proof that, at the time of any LCS-affiliated match, he/she will be (a) legal resident of a country in their region, and (b) work-eligible in the United States”. Players cannot be an employee of Riot Games.

At least I think that's what you were asking about, if not, pardon me.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I used to try that but I ran into the 300-friend-limit fairly quickly. Just saying, probably not sustainable.
    There is a high turnover rate in the YOUR FANS folder

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    It calls out the exact rules in the link given.

Commenting on the eligibility of Quantic’s Korean team qualifying for the North American LCS, Riot Games eSports Manager Nick Allen cited the three conditions each LCS player must meet. In addition to being at least 17 years of age, the player “must submit proof that, at the time of any LCS-affiliated match, he/she will be (a) legal resident of a country in their region, and (b) work-eligible in the United States”. Players cannot be an employee of Riot Games.

At least I think that's what you were asking about, if not, pardon me.
    Thanks, it will be interesting to see how they do.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    As we all know, correlations do not imply causation.
    That is not true (that all people know it), and would have been nice if they pointed that out in their video, or in the main comments with it. They imply causation the whole time. The point of the video is to make people stop raging, and play nice, and supply bogus stats to back it up.

For example, in one analysis we took a set of players and codified their chat logs using an advanced language model in Champion Select Lobby before games have even started.
    That just tests if the person is a ****, not if they are raging. Raging is a direct response to someone playing bad
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-09-12 at 05:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

What do you guys think of cloth5.com. I know i'm fanboying a little as i'm writing for them but overall as a site do you have any comments or critiques?

I personally prefer the site viewed on a mobile rather than a browser as I believe it was actually designed for this purpose, ie no huge bandwith sucking pictures and the layout as a whole. I've spoken to our designer but I don't think he's going to change that any time soon because we get strong hits from mobile users.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    That just tests if the person is a ****, not if they are raging. Raging is a direct response to someone playing bad
    I get the feeling you have a different definition of raging than some people.

Why? Because to me, raging is raging, it doesn't matter if it's in response to a bad play, or anything else.

Mid died and you say "omfg noob"? Raging.
    Top is building differently than you would and you call them stupid for it? Raging.
    Enemy jungle isn't warded and you flip out at your support? Raging.

There's no just being a jerk vs raging divide for me.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    There is a high turnover rate in the YOUR FANS folder
    I find it easier to just decline everything unless I know the person from somewhere, or genuinely wanted to add him from a game/whatever.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

I had some days off from lol and kept thinking about what to do. I played some ARAM the last few games and I have to say... I'm not really able to focus on a single champ anymore. I still think most of the ones I use are cool but I doubt that I have that much fun with Vlad as my main.

Similar with other Champs. Thinking about learning Support and Warding but can't really do this in bot games due to their nature.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    I had some days off from lol and kept thinking about what to do. I played some ARAM the last few games and I have to say... I'm not really able to focus on a single champ anymore. I still think most of the ones I use are cool but I doubt that I have that much fun with Vlad as my main.
    It happens. I still want to buy the champs I don't currently own, which is about 15 or so, just because "I don't own a good X" even though I probably own all champions of that type except for the one I want to play in that game.

IIRC you're still below 30, so just have fun and experiment with champions. Learn what you like and dislike and practise that on your way up. Once you get to 30 then you might want to try and shrink your champion pool for ranked games but outside of that you might as well play whatever catches your eye.

Similar with other Champs. Thinking about learning Support and Warding but can't really do this in bot games due to their nature.
    Well you can still practise warding, as in placing wards during the lane phase but it is largely a waste. I still find support as one of the most fun roles to play. You won't get recognition for it but your influence on the game is huge.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Warding has helped me a lot against bots... it has saved my bacon a lots of time (specially against Lux), though normally I am the one warding the bot lane (even though I am jungling) .
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Start playing normal games against other players. It will match you against people with similar MMR.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Warding has helped me a lot against bots... it has saved my bacon a lots of time (specially against Lux), though normally I am the one warding the bot lane (even though I am jungling) .
    Yeah but Talesin actually said it. It's a waste. In one game I placed around 5 wards with Support Blitzcrank, set my ADC up for around 5 Kills of which he actually gave me 2 and said sry for everyone he got. 2 In the Bush going to Midlane, 1 in the bush on botlane each and one near enemy bluebuff. It was... weird. After that I warded the enemy base because we pushed so hard... I think I had a Sightstone, boots and some manareg thing.

So far I have tryed: Soraka as Support and AP Soraka (in ARAM) with some support. Support Crank, Nami and Tresh as support and from that set I really only liked Supportcrank so far (Nami has lot's of Knockups and that Damage-Heal-Skillshot and I don't really like how she played at least in aram).

But I still have Janna and Zilean that I could try as support, I really liked Zileans Ult for this, his Slow and the nature of his bombs seemed rather nice in ARAM. Also I should have enough IP for Lux or Sona, maybe Leona.

Jungle is one thing I don't like and won't do again. As well as general Roaming or Splitpushing. I like to be on my lane and maybe leave the lane to help on another lane without really splitpushing.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

IDK how I feel about the all-Korean team coming to NA. I mean, ever since people mentioned it was a possibility I had a feeling it would happen, but it seems very frustrating to me. At least Woong and Loco are players that are well-known and Loco has personality--a primary reason a lot of people in SC dislike the "Korean invasion" was that it often seemed that these were "faceless" Koreans, who always used a translator, never streamed and never showed any personality. I somehow doubt this will be how Quantic's team will behave, especially with the way Riot does interviews and specials with all their LCS teams.

I'm still keeping my finger's crossed that next season there will be 10 or 12 teams instead of 8. Mostly just because I'd love to see coL and TBD in the Pro league, but I don't want to see Curse or Coast kicked from the league(though tbh Coast getting relegated doesn't seem the worst thing for them. There seems to be a pretty strong Amateur scene now). I think if Curse gets demoted the team might disband, and I bet SV will retire if that happens, which, honestly, might be a good thing for him, but will still make me sad.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Yeah but Talesin actually said it. It's a waste. In one game I placed around 5 wards with Support Blitzcrank, set my ADC up for around 5 Kills of which he actually gave me 2 and said sry for everyone he got. 2 In the Bush going to Midlane, 1 in the bush on botlane each and one near enemy bluebuff. It was... weird. After that I warded the enemy base because we pushed so hard... I think I had a Sightstone, boots and some manareg thing.
    Well it seems like you've got the theory down. Plenty of good places to ward on most maps but its knowing, and I guess most of that is learning, where and when to ward. Sadly you can only learn than in PVP games but I enjoy PVP much more than I do against bots.

So far I have tryed: Soraka as Support and AP Soraka (in ARAM) with some support. Support Crank, Nami and Tresh as support and from that set I really only liked Supportcrank so far (Nami has lot's of Knockups and that Damage-Heal-Skillshot and I don't really like how she played at least in aram).
    Every support is different, which is a good thing, but they also play differently depending on the match up. Nami's a fun character but if you miss your Aqua Prison then you can have a hard time in lane both defensively and offensively. Nami in ARAM is quite different to Nami as a support because she excels at 2v2 lanes rather than 5v5 where she can easily be destroyed by damage.

Blitz is less of a defensive support but requires you to hit hooks, which can be difficult if the enemy know what they're doing. He's still one of my favourite supports because you can get ahead and really push your advantage to the point where the enemy ADC is almost useless.

But I still have Janna and Zilean that I could try as support, I really liked Zileans Ult for this, his Slow and the nature of his bombs seemed rather nice in ARAM. Also I should have enough IP for Lux or Sona, maybe Leona.
    Zilean isn't popular as a support in the current meta, though there's no real reason for him not to be. Janna is still my all time favourite support. She has a great mix of skills for gank enabling, keeping your AD carry alive and excels at keeping people safe. She can struggle with some offensive pressure but she is perfectly viable as a support and is extremely useful if the enemy team has a lot of characters who dive for your squishier teammates.

Jungle is one thing I don't like and won't do again. As well as general Roaming or Splitpushing. I like to be on my lane and maybe leave the lane to help on another lane without really splitpushing.
    Jungling is really a strange thing in league and in a lot of ways you need the right rune set up before it becomes enjoyable if you don't know what you're doing. That's actually one thing you can try in bot games. Just pick a champion who is a good jungler and give it a go. Learn buff times (they respawn after 5 minutes) and little niches like observing other lanes for gank opportunities.

Overall I'd say you should give normal games a go.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I get the feeling you have a different definition of raging than some people.

Why? Because to me, raging is raging, it doesn't matter if it's in response to a bad play, or anything else.

Mid died and you say "omfg noob"? Raging.
    Top is building differently than you would and you call them stupid for it? Raging.
    Enemy jungle isn't warded and you flip out at your support? Raging.

There's no just being a jerk vs raging divide for me.
    No I agree, but those are things you rarely see in the chat room before a game. Granted I have not played nearly as much as everyone else here, but outside of some 'ugh you are taking that summoner skill' or 'i want top, no i want top' there is only a small share of raging in the entry lobby. Thats why I'm saying that using 'rage language' in the lobby vs Win/loss record is not a great statistic.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Overall I'd say you should give normal games a go.
    There comes the time constraint.

I have a quite limited amount of time due to other stuff and as such I don't really like to invest 60 minutes in a Game that I could then have lost (experience from most normal games). Most times I just get my FWotD, If I have really much Time on my hands I do ARAM till I have my FWotD (around 50% win chance so far).
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

No I agree, but those are things you rarely see in the chat room before a game. Granted I have not played nearly as much as everyone else here, but outside of some 'ugh you are taking that summoner skill' or 'i want top, no i want top' there is only a small share of raging in the entry lobby. Thats why I'm saying that using 'rage language' in the lobby vs Win/loss record is not a great statistic.
    "I wanted that role"
    "Why are you playing that bad/unpopular champion?"
    "Teemo? Seriously?"
    "I refuse to support"
    "We have a nontraditional lane"
    "You banned the champ I wanted"
    "You didn't ban the champ they wanted"

All fairly common reasons to rage into pick chat.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    "I wanted that role"
    "Why are you playing that bad/unpopular champion?"
    "Teemo? Seriously?"
    "I refuse to support"
    "We have a nontraditional lane"
    "You banned the champ I wanted"
    "You didn't ban the champ they wanted"

All fairly common reasons to rage into pick chat.
    Agreed, but a very biased sample if that is your main independent variable.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

There comes the time constraint.

I have a quite limited amount of time due to other stuff and as such I don't really like to invest 60 minutes in a Game that I could then have lost (experience from most normal games). Most times I just get my FWotD, If I have really much Time on my hands I do ARAM till I have my FWotD (around 50% win chance so far).
    Yeah that's understandable. ARAM is a fun way to play this game. I don't take it seriously and find things like ultimate bravery to be a good way to spend time messing around with friends.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Zilean isn't popular as a support in the current meta, though there's no real reason for him not to be.

I feel like Zilean's main contribution is being horrible in every single way.

I mean that in the best possible way, mind you. I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying he's hateful. But so much silly fun (AP Zil, anyway).
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Zilean isn't popular as a support in the current meta, though there's no real reason for him not to be.
    Well, I enjoy playing the terrorist as a bot laner once in a blue moon and he's fun, but there's a few things that I'd say matter:
    1: He kind of lacks sustained damage in lane. He has okay autos and his bombs send people into "a bomb!" mode because the burst damage hurts but in prolonged fights he is iffy.
    2: He kind of can't initiate fights much. Or peel for that matter. He has only one form of CC in the form of his slow that has quite some cooldown on it until Rewind is leveled up, and you want to level up Time Warp last. It's a single target boost/debuff, which is admittedly strong. But it's single-target.
    3: His mana costs kinda suck. When he gets his ult he has to keep a ton of mana at an emergency to be able to use it.
    4: He folds easily to aggressive melee laners until he has level 6 and even then I'd say he has problems due to the aforementioned mana costs.
    5: No sustain

He works, IMHO, from being an early game nuisance in the lane, and then late game he becomes a Chronoshift-bot. His ult can be pretty useful and annoying to an enemy team but keep in mind it's not that big of a deal without any AP, but it's still pretty functional as an aid towards your (hyper?)carry.

I think the main deal about supports currently is that people want them to engage and/or disengage and Zilean kinda can hardly do this.

Janna is still my all time favourite support. She has a great mix of skills for gank enabling, keeping your AD carry alive and excels at keeping people safe. She can struggle with some offensive pressure but she is perfectly viable as a support and is extremely useful if the enemy team has a lot of characters who dive for your squishier teammates.
    yay spreading Janna love

you're the best
    Last edited by Winthur; 2013-09-12 at 10:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

That is not true (that all people know it),
    I....I find that you want to make this a point to be overly antagonistic.

and would have been nice if they pointed that out in their video, or in the main comments with it.
    You wanted them to do that, but its better in terms of the video's actual goals to have not cluttered it with useless background statistical information, especially information that's part of the general knowledge among those of us who actually care about statistical accuracy.

They imply causation the whole time. The point of the video is to make people stop raging, and play nice, and supply bogus stats to back it up.
    The goal of the video wasn't to 'prove' their point scientifically but rather to create a 'propaganda' piece using their fully cooked data. There's nothing we've been shown that can legitimately lead us to the conclusion the stats are 'bogus', in large part because Lyte really wasn't intending to initially show that information in this context; the math wasn't the point.

No, raging is something people do when the game isn't going their way, and by 'way', I don't mean 'winning', I mean tons of various subtleties, some of which can happen regardless of which team is objectively ahead.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

"OMG, you are the worst cho ever, can't land skill shots" said every time I'm caught and running from the enemy's entire team because my team picked a fight while I wasn't with them. Said from the top lane Katarina that picked into Riven.

At least we won by being so god damn tanky that I eventually just went "**** it" and walked past the team fight after blowing my load and chomping on Riven to attack the nexus. It's like "Oh god, cho is attacking u- wait, why is he just walking past me? Oh, ****, better try to kill ezreal, wait why is the game over... CHO'GATH"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

I....I find that you want to make this a point to be overly antagonistic.
    Not to be antagonistic. Its just one of those things that get me. People put out something they want to prove ('dont be rude in game') which can be a vary valid point, but then they throw useless, relevant, or just plain misleading statistics to validate themselves.

This weakens the argument, and realistically people should question a point that needs misleading/lies to support it.

...its better in terms of the video's actual goals to have not cluttered it with useless background statistical information, especially information that's part of the general knowledge among those of us who actually care about statistical accuracy.
    I understand the goal is to get the point across, but they are the ones that put in all the statistical information, its just incorrect information. Better to leave it out and make correct points about how being rude is bad. Moreover most of what I'm saying is not general knowledge, but most of those stats we probably taking at face value by a large share of the people watching it. I'm just saying, be truthful when making their point.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking as a player, if my team contains someone who is being a raging *******, even if that raging is not specifically targeted at me, I tend to cease wanting to win. I'm willing to lose a game, even an "important" ranked one, and the more he rages the less I care about that game.

So, in personal experience, I can say that raging loses games.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't know if bad luck or premade, but ominous either way (and we did end up getting completely stomped that game)

Spoiler
    Show
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

That... is awesome, I'm sorry you lost that match, but really... I would be hard pressed to feel bad after facing that team. Yes I am basing that on the skins alone.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #180
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Don't know if bad luck or premade, but ominous either way (and we did end up getting completely stomped that game)

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the league of... combo breakers
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC