Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [MtG] Untergang

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [MtG] Untergang

Untergang

Dominaria, the known Wheel, the Nexus of the Planes. It has seen countless conflicts, has been ravaged and healed since time immemorial. What is it that supports this most resilient, most vital keystone?

A small cabal of planeswalkers are about to find out. Led by one Ke'reth, they enter a realm yet unknown to even the most powerful mages, and thwart an invasion that threatens to be the death knell for Dominaria . . . and the multiverse.

The Big 16 11 8:
    Spoiler
    Show
    System: Magic: The Gathering of Heroes
    Player Count: 3-5. Unlimited alternates.
    Style of Play: Roleplay and combat. Some intrigue. Few to no puzzles.
    Allowed Content: All libraries may include spells from numbered core sets and sets affiliated with your character's home plane.
    Character Creation: As per the link. Minimum level. In addition to the above stipulation, you are allowed one rare card, no mythic rares. Rarity is determined by the most recent set it was printed in. No planeswalkers or legendary creatures yet.
    Backstory: Length may impress me, or it may bore me. Use your judgement.
    Alignment: Play by your color affinity, guys, but don't be afraid to reinterpret and break cliches.
    Other Notes: I'm new to the system, you probably are too. I won't do everything perfectly, and I won't hold your hand. If I make an encounter too hard, you can always try to run, but I won't bail you out of it. I also have no problem booting players and/or killing characters. Ke'reth has a long line of applicants lined up.

Other Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    General Tips #1:
    Don't forget to check all your stats. Having a deck full of permanents is cool, but if you've only got a 2 Focus (or 0) I'd rather you realize NOW that you can't have them all active at once. There's a lot of restrictions to be had. You may want to solitaire your character by yourself so you can get a feel for what limitations subpar stats impose.

Regarding Party Size:
    I'm probably going to accept 5. I'd like to say only 3 or 4, but I'm a big softy. However, I will try to keep the party divided. I find it works better to keep entropy away.

Regarding Applicants:
    I am looking for people who can post every day. Not a must, as realistically you probably won't have to post every day. But when we wait three days, a week, for one person to post, we're looking at combat taking months. I will also be looking for diversity of characters, balance (kinda), fluff, and writing ability. While I don't expect paragraphs of every post, I would prefer 90%+ accuracy in grammar and spelling. If your bio 'loks liek Tis', you're gonna have a bad time. To apply, either PM or post in the OOC with a link to a character sheet. Your sheet should have your stats and Library and spells memorized. Please remember to give permission. You have the right to keep it private from other players. PM me the link if this is a concern. Applications will be cut off 5:01 am GMT on September 15th.

Regarding Encounter Management:
    O=I feel I'm pretty well-qualified to handle this. I've always been a casual player, meaning I've had lots of exposure to alternative formats and crazy variety. 2HG, EDH/Commander, Five-point star, Emperor, Planechase, Archenemy. . . . I think I can manage it when given an easily-trackable medium and absolute control over all information. Also, we will be using Googledocs Spreadsheets when necessary. If I need help, I will recruit a co-DM, probably from the other party.

Regarding Continuity:
    First off, this is taking place in a new location because I don't have perfect knowledge of the MTG storyline. Though I began playing in '97, I've only read some of the books, namely because kid me was too broke to buy the Fat Packs they came in.

Regarding Cheese, Metagaming, and Powergaming:
    I'm the GM. I can do it better. So please, don't try it.

Regarding Rules:
    This is a new GM in a fanmade system that's still under construction. I will probably screw something up at some point. Don't be afraid to ask ME about it. Don't tell other people they did something wrong, that's my job as the GM and bad guy. If I feel RAW conflicts with sense and/or RAI I can overturn it, though I am a pretty by-the-books kinda guy.

Current Applicants:
    Jarvus the Fallen Angel of House Orzhov. BBW

2. - Top - End - #2

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [MtG] Untergang

Character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Jarvus, Clerk of House Orzhov
    Plane: Ravinica
    Race: Fallen Angel
    Affinity: BBW

"Don't be droll. Death is a business, just like any other, and every business has it's professionals."

Power: 1
    Toughness: 3
    Life: 7
    Mastery: 5
    Channeling: 5
    Speed: 1
    Focus: 3
    Memory: 5
    Rule: Flying

Spells:
    1 - Dutiful Thrull - A clerk of Orzhov never goes anywhere without a fanatically loyal slave. There's no slave quite as fanatically loyal as a thrull.
    2 - Shielded Passage - It is necessary to prepare defenses, when traveling abroad.
    3 - Judge's Familiar - A little preparation can make the world of difference when one comes to expect betrayal. A good mage does allow himself to be botherd by frivelties.
    4 - Strands of Undeath - A good offense is a good defense. A great defense is both. The grave is my coffer. I decide what goes in and what comes out.
    5 - Pillery of the Sleepless - Defiance will not be allowed. It will be mercilessly rebuked. When an Orzhove clerk says kneel, you kneel.
    6 - Perilous Shadow - A shield that slays is no shield at all. When one defies the orzhov even the shadows become one's enemies.
    7 - Shadow Lance - A weapon is not necessary to kill, but it is a great convenience when doing so. Strike first. Strike true.
    8 - Aurora Eidolen - Necromancers may re-animate the corpses of the dead but the Orzhov claim runs deeper.
    9 - Orzhov Charm - The Orzhov have three central tenants: dominate thy enemies , use all available resources efficiently, and keep they servants in check.
    10 - Souls of the Faultless - Those without sin are rare in this world. One should exploit them whenever the opportunity arrises.
    11 - To Arms - When your enemy believes you helpless, that's when you bring him to his knees.
    12 - Seize the Soul - When you run an economy on spirits, it pays to stake the claim.

Prepared Spell List:
    Seize the Soul
    Shadow Lance
    To Arms
    Aurora Eidolen
    Souls of the Faultless

Lore:
    Long ago Jarvus was an angel of considerable clout. But he was terrible as an angel. Angels are hipocrites. One can not preach justice and law alongside forgiveness and mercy. Jarvus was cast down for acting out punishments on those already judged. However when Jarvus fell he did not find damnation, but salvation. The Orzhov took him in, and there he found a world where lawa was everything and where the dead did not escape it. Jarvus is an Orzhov loyalist and a clerk of some rank. He was tasked with keeping the spirits in line, and he was a fine jailer. But now he is called upon to expand the Orzhov reach. The other planes are putred with corruption, but they will be brought in line.

Checking In.

Question though. Here you say home set. I believe you said home plane before. In many cases a plane is featured in multiple sets. Which rule is in place?
    Last edited by casualcryptic; 2013-09-14 at 10:16 AM.
    Currently playing a lot of Shadowrun. My current tabletop characters are...
    Niz Yorick, Gray Elf Rogue Hunter in Into the Woods
    Anvil, Navajo Rigger in 24-7, Life of a Shadowrunner
    Old Spook, Ork Infiltrator of the Custodial persuasion in Call of the Street

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by casualcryptic View Post
    Question though. Here you say home set. I believe you said home plane before. In many cases a plane is featured in multiple sets. Which rule is in place?
    I will rephrase that to make it clearer. If your home plane is featured in multiple sets, you may use cards from each one.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Character
    Spoiler
    Show

Davan, with no title

Manticore (chimera) Battlemage, triple red identity

Power: 7
    Toughness: 7
    Mastery: 2
    Channeling: 2
    Speed: 6
    Focus: 0
    Memory: 3
    Flying

Spell List

Searing Spear
    Shock
    Thunderbolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Incinerate
    Harvest Pyre
    Dangerous Wager
    Final Fortune
    Guerrilla Tactics
    Pyroblast
    Red Elemental Blast

backstory

Davan grew up in a small village in Nearhearth. Despite it's relative safety, a band of werewolves entered his village one night and slaughtered his family as he watched. Fearing that he had been infected, his village elders sold him to Nephalian scientists who used him as an experimental subject, mutating him almost beyond recognition. A hatchet squad eventually killed his captors and fellow experiments, but he hid and escaped, remembering the lessons of his youth. In time, Avacyn's restoration turned the werewolves that had killed his family into wolfir, honored members of Innastrad's society, but he was still hunted as an abomination. In a moment when he was surrounded by hunters he felt a burning hatred for his native plane and all its inhabitants, strength coursed through his body and magic danced on his teeth and fingertips. The gathered cathars became grim, readying themselves for a bloodbath, but Davan suddenly vanished, gone to search for a world he approved of.
    Last edited by Mabn; 2013-09-13 at 07:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Leonin, Battle Caster

Power: 3
    Toughness: 4
    Mastery: 3
    Channeling: 3
    Speed: 3
    Focus: 2
    Memory: 5

Library:
    1. Banshee's Blade
    2. Fireshrieker
    3. Loxodon Warhammer
    4. Dispense Justice
    5. Sun Droplet
    6. Vulshok Gauntlets
    7. Celestial Flare
    8. Ensouled Scimitar
    9. Thunder Strike
    10. Safe Passage
    11. Act of Treason
    12. Bladed Pinions

Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Name undecided at this point] lived peacefully on Mirrodin when the war with the Phyrexians started. From a young age, he was trained to be a knight, and so was sent off to fight the Phyrexians. In his first battle witht he invaders, he was vastly outnumbered, and the Phyrexians defeated the Leonin warriors. But [still haven't decided on a name] wasn't killed in the battle as many of his friends and allies were; he was captured by the Phyrexians and was infected with their oil. For weeks he was in immense pain as he tried to use healing magic to stave off the infection. Just before the infection would take him over completely, however, his planeswalker spark ignited, stopping further spread of the infection and inciting in him a desire for revenge against the machines that had twisted his body and mind.

6. - Top - End - #6

NinjaGuy

So just out of curiosity, and for the sake of introductions, who all is stepping out of their comfort zone and to what degree in terms of deck building?

I'm most familiar with the Innistrad and Ravinica sets so in that regard I'm familiar with what I'm playing, but I'm usually a green white player (population). I've played mostly standard but I have tried Emperor and for a while I only played commander (still green white population though). I've played a number of different decks on Forge including a vampire deck I ran a forge campaign with. The only time I've ever played Orzhov was a sealed draft that I did so-so in, so this will be a fairly new experience for me.

7. - Top - End - #7

So just out of curiosity, and for the sake of introductions, who all is stepping out of their comfort zone and to what degree in terms of deck building?

I'm most familiar with the Innistrad and Ravinica sets so in that regard I'm familiar with what I'm playing, but I'm usually a green white player (population). I've played mostly standard but I have tried Emperor and for a while I only played commander (still green white population though). I've played a number of different decks on Forge including a vampire deck I ran a forge campaign with. The only time I've ever played Orzhov was a sealed draft that I did so-so in, so this will be a fairly new experience for me.
    I am doing a thing I don't normally do. My brain is completely Blue/White in all conceivable ways so playing Red is a bit of a stretch for me.

But then again I am using equipment in a way consistent with how I use Enchantments (in a deck that has been come to be known in my circle of friends as the "build-your-own-fatty deck") so really it's not actually that different.

8. - Top - End - #8

Repost:
    Jirin, Lord to Ronin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nezumi Battle Caster Samurai
    Affinity: BRA
    Power: 3
    Toughness: 2
    Mastery: 3
    Channeling: 2
    Speed: 4
    Focus: 1
    Memory: 4
    Bushudo 1
    First Strike
    Library: Black: 4 Red: 4 Art: 4

Act of Treason- Jirin has seen so many samurai lose their wits in the heat of battle that he's disappointed when they don't.

Artificer's Hex- The simplest curse the oni taught Jirin, demon steel accepts no master.

Battle-Mad Ronin- Jirin leads those who no other warlord will take, often from a safe distance.

Blinding Powder- Skilled as he is, Jirin knows there is always someone stronger. That's why he doesn't hesitate to use dirty tricks when he can't win honorably.

Grim Return- There is no honor in defeat, and those without honor have no lord but Jirin.

Hankyu- The samurai were always first and foremost archers, even if Jirin prefers his bloodshed to be more personal.

Kuro's Taken- Jirin was not the only Nezumi who traded death for damnation.

Lava Spike- There is a time for subtlety. This is for other times.

Nezumi Ronin- Even in death, many living ronin flocked to his banner once his prowess was proven.

O-Naginata- Though a talented artificer, Jirin has never been able to match the brutal power of his foes in his own blades.

Vertigo- Jirin has no patience for cowards who skirt beyond the range of his blade.

Vial of Poison- When all else fails, Jirin will reluctantly use even the least honorable weapons.

Memorized Spells:
    Act of Treason
    Blinding Powder
    Nezumi Ronin
    O-Naginata

Lore:
    Jirin Smallfang was born to a mostly unremarkable Nezumi tribe in Takenuma. From an early age he demonstrated an aptitude for smiting, a rare gift among the ratkin. He was still a youth apprenticed to the village smith when the war with the heavens broke out, so the demand for steal spared him from direct combat at first. The fighting in the swamps was vicious, and the hateful spirits had no qualms attacking civilians. Soon, Jirin had come to be as comfortable wielding a blade as forging it, out of necessity as much as desire. As the war raged on, the nezumi became more and more desperate for soldiers as their numbers dwindled. It was in this manor that Jirin came to learn the art of Bushido in the fires of battle against the spirits, and by a combination of ingenuity and ruthlessness he managed to outlive his commanders. By the time their village was at its last stand, Jirin had taken command of the surviving militia, and his managed to hold the spirits at bay for 12 days and 13 nights of continuous onslaught. As casualties mounted on both sides, the oni Thun'Karon decided that enough was enough. He approached Jirin in a dream, and offered him eternal life and dark power if he would betray his kin. Knowing that his death was inevitable if the siege were to continue and that it was beyond his power to save the other ratfolk, Jirin shamefully agreed. The villagers were slaughtered to a man by morning, but from the dead rose Jirin. Thus because his eternity of servitude. Thun'Karon soon realized that his new slave was far more than he had appeared; Jirin was a Planeswalker. Eager to expand his power beyond Kamigawa, Thun spent years grooming Jirin to act as his agent far a field. Fortunately for the rat, when his master did send him to other realms, his control was severed. Jirin was free. Dishonored and and lacking any attachment to his homeland, Jirin set out into the multiverse.
    Last edited by 4is111; 2013-09-14 at 04:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a pretty broad comfort zone, so I'm still pretty within it deck-wise. That said, my deck is as irrelevant as I could possible have made it, so I'm basically playing an rpg where everyone else is a caster, which can only go well.

also, does anyone else notice we have two cats, a lawkeeper, and an outlaw rodent? Our group dynamics will be awesome.
    Last edited by Mabn; 2013-09-13 at 08:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

NinjaGuy

By the way GM... in regards to your cheese comment, can you give us an example of over the line so we know what the standard is? I mean we are coming from a game where beating another player was the goal. I would think some level of combowork would be expected. I don't think I'm in danger of crossing the line but how would I know for sure?

Using an example of power gaming that I'd never really use in a deck anyway (because they don't appeal to my taste) what about any of the infinite combos from Magic? In the groups I play magic in infinite combos are considered completely acceptable. To be fair, we don't encounter them often because we play standard, but when someone pulls one off it's accepted as a win. I have a feeling in a game like this an infinite combo would be less acceptable, but it serves as an example for my want of a standard for "too good."

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    I have a pretty broad comfort zone, so I'm still pretty within it deck-wise. That said, my deck is as irrelevant as I could possible have made it, so I'm basically playing an rpg where everyone else is a caster, which can only go well.

also, does anyone else notice we have two cats, a lawkeeper, and an outlaw rodent? Our group dynamics will be awesome.
    Being unfamiliar with most of the racenames, I had no idea. O.o
    Last edited by casualcryptic; 2013-09-13 at 08:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

By the way GM... in regards to your cheese comment, can you give us an example of over the line so we know what the standard is? I mean we are coming from a game where beating another player was the goal. I would think some level of combowork would be expected. I don't think I'm in danger of crossing the line but how would I know for sure?

Using an example of power gaming that I'd never really use in a deck anyway (because they don't appeal to my taste) what about any of the infinite combos from Magic? In the groups I play magic in infinite combos are considered completely acceptable. To be fair, we don't encounter them often because we play standard, but when someone pulls one off it's accepted as a win. I have a feeling in a game like this an infinite combo would be less acceptable, but it serves as an example for my want of a standard for too good.
    Here's an example that will never come up.

Enchanting Niv-Mizzet with Curiosity.

It wasn't meant as a global ban on combos, rather a warning that unlike your card circle, I can easily screw you up, and a character based around a combo that's disrupted isn't going to have any fun. Likewise, if I permit the combo to go off consistently, your fellow players won't have much fun either. With infinite combos, somebody always loses hard.

12. - Top - End - #12

NinjaGuy

Okay. I could see how that would be too good.

That explanation made sense to me. I'm just trying to get a sense of what power level I should expect to play at and what sort of cards I should use. After all, without knowing what we'll be up against, we are sort of going in blind, and I believe I did read something about hands not being held and characters dying in the notes...

Here's a more realistic example of something I might attempt without knowing where the bar is, and which could be used in our decks using the rules you've given us. How does this stack up against your expectations? Far too strong? About right? A little weak?

I assume I can post these images since Wizards makes them available free on their site.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

I using play some combination of blue black and red occasionally dabbling in white when a combo presents itself. I hardly ever use equipment or empowering auras since creatures are generally quite fleeting. Jirin has access to a lot less control than I'm used to.
    As far as the group dynamic goes, Jirin isn't an outlaw, he's just honor impaired. We have 3 battle mages, so there's a lot of overlap in character skills. As we advance and have more time to develop our characters in different directions, I'm sure the distinction will become more pronounced.
    I'm considered changing Jirin to be a ninja instead of a samurai both to bring some blue into the party and make him more different from sournote. What happens if I ninjitsu myself?

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by 4is111 View Post
    As far as the group dynamic goes, Jirin isn't an outlaw, he's just honor impaired. We have 3 battle mages, so there's a lot of overlap in character skills. As we advance and have more time to develop our characters in different directions, I'm sure the distinction will become more pronounced.
    Well I basically don't intend to get creatures.
    I just want to pile a bunch of Equipment and Enchantments on myself and go punch some things.
    So unless someone else is doing that, I am good.

15. - Top - End - #15

NinjaGuy

Jarvus will be running creatures, mainly for defense. The nice thing about grave manipulation is that creature death is more of a 'meh' than a 'oh noz!'

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

What happens if I ninjitsu myself?
    I have no idea, but now I really want to find out

17. - Top - End - #17

I using play some combination of blue black and red occasionally dabbling in white when a combo presents itself. I hardly ever use equipment or empowering auras since creatures are generally quite fleeting. Jirin has access to a lot less control than I'm used to.
    I'm considered changing Jirin to be a ninja instead of a samurai both to bring some blue into the party and make him more different from sournote. What happens if I ninjitsu myself?
    I might rule that you, the player, cannot attack on the next turn. Maybe some sort of mana tax to represent you, uh, casting yourself.

18. - Top - End - #18

How far back does the core set rule go? I ask because it occurs to me that Jirin has no way to deal with flying enemies, except for the Hankyu which is quite slow. Might I switch a spell in my library out for Earthbind? Also, now that I think about it, I don't think planeswalkers can be ninjitsued since they don't have a controlling player and they're immune to kill spells; I don't see why that immunity wouldn't extend to bounce effects.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

Planeswalkers usually don't have a toughness or strength either.

20. - Top - End - #20

Okay. I could see how that would be too good.

Here's a more realistic example of something I might attempt without knowing where the bar is, and which could be used in our decks using the rules you've given us. How does this stack up against your expectations? Far too strong? About right? A little weak?

I assume I can post these images since Wizards makes them available free on their site.

Spoiler
    Show

Fair enough. Thats not an easy 'two step' combo, nor is it infinite. You need a Mastery of at least 5 to pull it off, and a Focus of at least 2. Its a usage of at least three cards to deal a total of 8 damage to each opponent. If you ran this deck with a massive Mastery/Channel score, I'd be leery of giving you more Festering Newts (or clones), but I'd be okay with it. However, its easily disrupted. Either the cauldron can be destroyed (wrecking the combo) or Sanguine Bond can be (halving the life loss). You can see it get set up, and its theoretically endurable.

The example I gave really isn't stoppable unless you keep a counter (with good speed) or kill Niv-Mizzet the turn he's cast. The loop resolves at instant speed, so once Curiosity is on Niv, there really isn't anything you can do, short of Split-Second and End the Turn effects.

How far back does the core set rule go? I ask because it occurs to me that Jirin has no way to deal with flying enemies, except for the Hankyu which is quite slow. Might I switch a spell in my library out for Earthbind? Also, now that I think about it, I don't think planeswalkers can be ninjitsued since they don't have a controlling player and they're immune to kill spells; I don't see why that immunity wouldn't extend to bounce effects.
    Numbered Core Sets. 4th edition and up. It seemed the easiest way to rule out certain cards (Time Walk, etc). That rules out Earthbind. But running Black and Red you should have no problem finding things. Vertigo does what you'd get out of Earthbind for a turn, and with your Mastery many kill/burn spells are usable. Vampire Nighthawk, for one. Doesn't necessarily fit your fluff, I suppose, but you ultimately have to make some compromises.

They can't ninjutsu in the card game, but they're subject to most creature targeting effects in the RPG. Like I said, they wouldn't just whirl back into their own prepared spells list. They'd probably just have to take a step back and refresh, perhaps with a mana tax.

21. - Top - End - #21

NinjaGuy

Fair enough. Thats not an easy 'two step' combo, nor is it infinite. You need a Mastery of at least 5 to pull it off, and a Focus of at least 2. Its a usage of at least three cards to deal a total of 8 damage to each opponent. If you ran this deck with a massive Mastery/Channel score, I'd be leery of giving you more Festering Newts (or clones), but I'd be okay with it. However, its easily disrupted. Either the cauldron can be destroyed (wrecking the combo) or Sanguine Bond can be (halving the life loss). You can see it get set up, and its theoretically endurable.

The example I gave really isn't stoppable unless you keep a counter (with good speed) or kill Niv-Mizzet the turn he's cast. The loop resolves at instant speed, so once Curiosity is on Niv, there really isn't anything you can do, short of Split-Second and End the Turn effects.
    Alrighty. I think I have a decent grasp of the expected power level now.
    Thanks for answering my questions.

EDIT: Also, finished up my prepared spells.
    Last edited by casualcryptic; 2013-09-14 at 10:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Does the kicker or multikicker count towards a spell's mana cost for the purposes of the mastery limit?

23. - Top - End - #23

NinjaGuy

It would make sense for them to.

24. - Top - End - #24

Does the kicker or multikicker count towards a spell's mana cost for the purposes of the mastery limit?
    Yes, but not against Focus limit.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hi guys, is DM Ursus still recruiting? I've got this idea in mind...

MR-14
    Spoiler
    Show
    LORE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    MR-14's very existence was driven for one purpose alone; to salvage scraps of metal along the borders of Lumengrid. Myr Retrievers like MR-14 tirelessly roved across Mirrodin with singleminded, mechanical efficiency. Even after the fall of Memnarch, the Myrs remarkably continue their relentless fulfillment of duties to their fallen master. That is, with the slight exception of MR-14.

It is an interesting case, but MR-14 sensed some strange systemic anomalies within himself. He found himself doubting, questioning the logic as to why he needs to continue his task; and the conclusion was simple—he doesn't need to. He now realized that he has capacity to think for himself, to rationalize, to make his own decisions.

Was it the master's fall? Was it the seeping essence from the Knowledge Pool? I wonder what happened? I? What is I?

Not soon after, no doubt with the help of his extreme intelligence, MR-14 even discovered himself, along with his relevance and relation to Mirrodin. He then sought for more knowledge. Under the guise of his former duties, he observed. The Vedalken, the Moriok, even the Krark—their knowledge of artifice and magic only deepened and expanded his own. He applied his new knowledge to what he previously did, salvaging scraps and breathing new life into them. He dubbed it "Helix Artifice", the endless cycle of creation and destruction to evolve forward.

However, his life's work almost came to a halt with the arrival of a new threat. It was a downhill battle even for survival against these Phyrexians, but MR-14 manages to evade them using his unparalleled "Helix Artifice". Not only that, but his knowledge also improved, learning how to harness black mana like the Phyrexians and even managing to exploit the flaws in their own machineries to use it against them.

At the climax of the Mirran's dying plight against their invaders, so does MR-14 found himself captured inside the compleation laboratory of the now-fallen Lumengrid, backed in a corner against a horde of Jin-Gitaxias' servitors and surgeons. Despite the Core Augur's philosophy that meshes well with MR-14 own, he can no longer let himself be treated as a slave again.

In a final desperate bid for survival, he ordered a suicide attack on his automatons to provide a necessary distraction, and MR-14 bolted out as fast as he can. He didn't look back, and he didn't stop. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hours, and hours to days. He then opened his eyes and found himself confused again.

What is this place?

RACE: Myr Construct [-1/-1, +1 FOC, +1 SPD]
    SPECIALIZATION: Artificer [(2) Artifact-only Mana]
    AFFINITY: A,B,U [+1 LIF, +1 MAS, +1 MEM]
    BUILD POINTS: [+1 CHA, +4 FOC]

POW: 0
    TOU: 0
    LIF: 6
    MAS: 4
    CHA: 4
    SPD: 2
    FOC: 6
    MEM: 6

SPELLS
    Spoiler
    Show
    PREPARED:
    • Blighted Agent
    • Corpse Cur
    • Ring of Evos Isle
    • Lightning Greaves
    • Dark Ritual
    • Skeleton Shard

LIBRARY:
    • Steady Progress
    • Throne of Geth
    • Arcbound Stinger
    • Arcbound Ravager
    • Core Prowler
    • Grim Affliction
    • Reminisce

Last edited by ben-zayb; 2013-09-15 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

and with that, green is the last color for which no player has a specialization, although, I know 4is111 was considering a UBA build himself. Interesting, considering I think green is pretty absurd in this format.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Updated
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2015-04-30 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #28

No longer accepting applications. I'll mull over the party composition and update the first post sometime today. It may take me another few days to wrap up story/npc generation and get an IC thread up.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Hi guys, is DM Ursus still recruiting? I've got this idea in mind...
    Technically you missed the cut-off. I'll see if I can fit you in though.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    I ws under the impression that it was one of the more difficult, since many toughies in green require high mastery, channeling, as well as focus for many creatures. Channeling is easy especially with mana fixing, but not sure with the other two.
    I'm inclined to disagree. While you can't be the melee powerhouse that, say, a Manticore would be, I found it easy to achieve 7s in both Channelleing and Mastery without Mana Fixing (which seems like it translates poorly to the RPG.) With green's cheap fatties, you really shouldn't need more than a Focus of 1-3 to bring it home (ie, Thorn Elemental and Kalonian Behemoth). Besides, tokens don't count against your Focus, so there's one easy way to go the cheap weenie route.

29. - Top - End - #29

I considered going UBA, but decided that Jirin is clinging to every last shred of honor he has, and there is no color less honorable than blue. I may pick up blue later, but I have just as much chance of going the other direction and branching into white. At any rate, I look forward to the rp.

30. - Top - End - #30

NinjaGuy

White will probably be Jarvus's next identity, followed by either blue or black.