Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The Assault

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Assault

    Spoiler: Table
    Show
    {table=head]Player |Race/Class/Color |Role
    Wdwune |Genasi Swordmage/Warlord |Leader/Defender
    Scow2 |Gnoll Bard |Leader
    Arq Kujos |Human Paladin |Defender
    Yarael |Gnome Paladin/Rogue |Defender/Striker [/table]



    Sleep doesn't come easy to you, and as you toss and turn you can't stop thinking of the coming battle. Naturally, your greatest concern is your role, what is expected of you and what you can actually accomplish.

    With the first ray of sunshine you are awakened for a quick breakfast and your journey starts. For most of you this is a first time passing through the Amn wilderness, and you are surprised by the lush vegetation, you never imagined it would be full of life. Aside from a minor skirmish with some trolls that have taken over a local keep you encounter no problems and by the time the sun setts you reach the gates of Trademeet. Though the town is smaller than Athkatla it is much better decorated, it is almost as if the entire town is glowing. However, a dark shadow looms over it, and you can see despair and suffering in people's eyes. Walden tells you that you are free until morning, when you will report to Commander Santori.

    As the morning comes you feel uneasy. Something is in the air, you can almost taste it. Commander Santori tells you that they need a few man to scout the area. if you are not interested he can send some of his man.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You get to spend the night in Trademeet, be creative with your time.

    Skill challenge, if you accept.

    5 successes, 3 fails
    Stealth and Perception as primary skills.
    Acrobatics, Athletics and Insight can be used only once.
    If your Acrobatics or Athletics(used to travel the unfriendly terrain) fails you can use Endurance to nullify the fail.
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2013-11-25 at 11:32 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]

    Orryn volunteers to guide the group through the terrain, moving them from shadow to shadow. He shows them how to move quietly, where to step, how to mask their movements with other sounds. He seems quite pleased to help any who are show interest in learning.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Orryn moves the group stealthy through the terrain
    Stealth +13: Dexterity and half level bonus +5 plus Training +5 plus Racial Bonus +2 plus Footpads +1= (1d20+13)[1](14)
    Last edited by Yarael; 2013-11-24 at 10:16 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: The Assault

    Xardis of Thay (Earthsoul Genasi Swordmage/Warlord)

    "At once. We'll be doing it immediately" the genasi says to commander Santori as he steps forward.

    Xardis nods when Orryn volunteers to serve as advance scout. "Dagryl, Viktor, Lucen. Let's go."

    He follows the scout gnome from a distance and then makes a signal to the group to advance, being Xardis the first one in doing it, quickly moving through the terrain using his athletic abilities to jump or climb any obstacles in the way.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Athletics check! (1d20+8)[23]

    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-11-22 at 09:36 AM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Viktor Riekholf Paladin of Kord

    Compared to his homeland, the terrain didn't seem as step as the mountains he grew up in. Viktor was happy to join an assault team, for the battlefield was the chapel where Viktor worshipped Kord. HIs giant blade hefted on his back, Viktor moved behind the gensai, though he wasn't sure what a gensai was. Viktor had a special sense when it came to battlefields, and he prayed for further divine insight on how to best navigate this battlefield.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Insight Check: (1d20+7)[26]
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2013-11-22 at 05:10 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]

    Orryn is quite undeterred by the noise they have made so far, mumbling to himself, Ya, so be it! Let 'em at me and ah'll take on singlehandedly. No orc'll be da death o'me.

    After an hour or so of leading the group through the noisy terrain, Orryn spies a spire of rock that juts from the ground. He leaps from ledge to ledge to scramble to the top, looking for the best vantage point to survey their foe.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Orryn leaps from ledge to ledge to the top of the spire
    Acrobatics +10: Dexterity and half level bonus +5 plus Training +5 = (1d20+10)[6](16)
    Last edited by Yarael; 2013-11-24 at 10:15 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned
     
    Scow2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio

    Default Re: The Assault

    After arriving in Tradesmeet, the party's painted gnoll wasted little time getting to the tavern, mingling with locals, getting blitzed, stirring up an interesting amount of trouble with her ventriloquism, and crashing in a ditch somewhere.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise for sidequests and other leads to follow up later!
    (1d20+9)[16]


    "Has anyone seen my shirt?! Ah, there it is! Sorry to disappoint everyone!" the tall, hyena-faced bard belted out in a caustic, feminine voice, preceded and followed by a short giggle as she got back into her armor.

    After the briefing, "Alright, I'm ready... time to have a soundtrack to this show! she pulled out her saxophone, playing a quiet, swift tune as she followed the scouting party - mixing in just enough of her arcane power into the song to mute it to non-party members, and infusing the others with greater ability to avoid detection... The situation was just as absurd as it could be imagined, but likewise surprisingly effective.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Inspire Competence to stealth! And giving a retroactive +2 to any previous stealth checks, maybe.

    Stealth for the Skill Challenge: (1d20+6)[20]
    Last edited by Scow2; 2013-11-24 at 01:00 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: The Assault

    Xardis

    Once the group has advanced some yards, Xardis rises his hand to halt the squad.

    Once stopped, he draws his sword, and buries the point on the ground. Red runes glow through the blade as the earthsoul genasi closes his eyes and concentrates. He uses his arcane power to connect his mind to the earth and detect possible ambushes in the nearby surroundings.

    "That way is safer," he says pointing a direction when he's done, withdrawing his weapon. "Let's go."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    An Arcana check to aid the next Perception or Stealth check (granting a +2 bonus): (1d20+10)[27]
    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-11-27 at 08:52 AM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Supported buy the Bard's encouragement, Orryn (just barely) manages to sneak across the woods without getting noticed by the enemies scouts.
    Xardis chooses to take detour, traversing the rougher part of the forest. As he travels across the steep ravines and slippery streams, he seams to blend with the soil.
    While surveying the lay of the land, ideas start to shape in Viktor's mind. He takes a mental note of any potential ambush spots, it should prove beneficial later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That will be useful later

    After climbing the spire, Orryn notices a small ledge leading to a natural rocky path. When he arrives there he notices that it is actually a watch tower. It hasn't been used by the enemy for a few weeks, you might be able to see something from there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can make a perception check with +5 bonus, or stay there for a while(until the end of the skill challenge) and get +10 to your perception check. There will be no failure if you do not succeed the perception check.

    Following her companions, Dagryl manages to sneak by unnoticed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Orryn-Stealth+
    Xardis-Athletics+
    Viktor-Insight-later benefit
    Orryn-Acrobatics-perception bonus
    Dagryl-Stealth+
    Xardis-Arcana +2 Aid bonus
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2013-11-27 at 03:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]

    Orryn climbs back down the watchtower to report back to Xardis,"Capt'n it appears an abandoned watchtower. If ya think it well, I can shimmy me way back up and wtach the vale the evening through to see any enemy moves. Ta make sure, better go the eve through hidin' in the tower and then sneak me way back to town in the morn."

    After conferring with Xardis a bit, the little gnome makes his way on up the watchtower ladder, and nestles himself into the tower, keeping an eye on the enemy.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Orryn keeps on eye on enemy for eve.
    Perception +11: Wisdom and half level bonus +1 plus Circumstance Bonus +10 = (1d20+11)[20](31)
    Orryn keeps himself hidden throughtout the evening.
    Stealth +12: Dexterity and half level bonus +5 plus Training +5 plus Racial Bonus +2 = (1d20+12)[18](30)
    Last edited by Yarael; 2013-11-27 at 07:50 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarael View Post
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Orryn keeps on eye on enemy for eve.
    Perception +11: Wisdom and half level bonus +1 plus Circumstance Bonus +10 = [roll0]
    Orryn keeps himself hidden throughtout the evening.
    Stealth +12: Dexterity and half level bonus +5 plus Training +5 plus Racial Bonus +2 = [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is very boring on this rock in the middle of nowhere, but you manage to keep your attention where it should be. As a result you notice a lot of movement in the distance, more than you expected. You realize that the enemy force is actually larger than it seams, including a few ice trolls, frost salamanders and orogs.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]

    After spending what seems an eternity on the rock, Orryn shimmies back down, leaping fro ledge to ledge. "Capt'n Xardis, there numbers are greater than reported, ah'm afeared. Ya, but that's not the worse of it, I tell ya. They've a host of fiends with them, ice trolls, frost salamanders and orogs. This battle's shapin' up t0 be a beaut, ah'm thinkin'," a quiver in Orryn's voice betrays a moment of worry.

    "Praise be to Selune, mistress o' the eve, that she shine upon us," resolve overtakes the fiery little gnome one more. "Well Capt'n, what say ya? Shall get ourselves some fire and burn down the lot, eh? Give a fight they long would remember? Ya know, if they were still alive to remember that tis. Am I right?" Orryn chuckles to himself.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: The Assault

    Xardis

    The genasi carefully thinks before replying.

    "We have the advantage, since we know their position, but they don't know ours," he says. "We could have some chances of beating them if we can trace a quick ambush plan. However, our mission was not engage the enemy, but to scout the area, and that's what we've successfully done."

    He takes a moment to relax his neck before continuing. "It's up to Santori to make the final decision if we wait for reinforcements to arrive, or clean the yard by ourselves."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I'm supposing that our mission was just that, scout the area instead of calling the attention of a large force of elemental monsters.

    However, if we had a more detailed map with the enemy's position...
    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-12-03 at 05:23 PM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Orryn's success makes it 4, so you still need one more success to finish up.
    It's a scouting mission, if you try attacking you will all get killed, even if you do have PC level.
    That's what the troops are for.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: The Assault

    Xardis

    "Okay guys, we've successfully done the reconaissance, so we need to head back and report to Santori. Now let's get moving!!"
    Xardis commands as he rallies the squad back.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Intimidate check to rush the team back: (1d20+7)[18] (doesn't include aid or circumstance bonuses)

    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    With the scouting done, you quickly make your way towards the city. Commander Santori awaits at the gate, and you can see by his expression that he is concerned. Your report doesn't make him happy, and he starts mumbling to himself.
    "Damn those wizards and paladins, they are all cowards, we will have to do this without them."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]


    "Owin' all due repsect sirrah, and forgive a meager gnaome if he be speakin' out his turn, but I lay me own eyes on this host, and it was beyond da like Ah've seen before. Ah know what your plan be, but it best be your best. Tis destined to be a massive battle, and I know not what sevice be required of yers truly, but I will give ma all fer it, by Selune's light!" Orryn's voice voice began shaky, but grew ever more in confidence as he proclaimed his oath.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned
     
    Scow2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio

    Default Re: The Assault

    Dagryl, Gnoll Bard
    As the guard commander mentioned that the paladins and wizards refused to take part, Dagryl stepped forward, speaking up in the sassy, slightly feminine voice that she seems to use at least a plurality of the time, "Wait, wait wait... You're sayin' that we're takin' on a bunch of frosties, brutes, and demonlizards without the support of the holy butt-kiss... KICKers and magical warlocks?" she asked, making up for a lack of readable facial animation with exaggerated, violent body language and limb movement. "If we were to get off our asses, we might accidentally dislodge the sticks shoved up them and risk becoming socially tolerable!" she mocked the Paladins, adopting a deep, masculine voice with a Holier-than-thou attitude, and striking the stiff-back, upright pose (And towering over everyone else in the area in the process), clutching the grip of her shortsword in one hand, and pommel in the other. "If they're so worried about that, I've got a replacement for it right here," she added quietly in a low, guttural voice as she dropped the pose, turning around and slapping the front of her hip.

    "Maybe I could convince the wizards to reconsider b pretending to be a succubus? Wizards dig succubi, right?" she added, turning back to face the group with a "Eureka" expression and pose. "I've got the voice and language down... how hard can the rest be?" she asked, and proceeded to demonstrate such with an extremely feminine, sultry and seductive voice that really didn't sound right coming from a gangly, seven-foot tall, hyena-faced mockery twisted into humanoid form - even if the gnoll did wear enough makeup to have her face read as almost sympathetic. And then she repeated the phrase in abyssal... or at least got the gist across.

    Returning to her normal voice and shaking herself off, the gnoll added, "If we were REALLY desperate for more specialized soldiers, we could always grab a few drunks from the tavern eager to wave their swords about... but I think that's how you guys ended up with us. So, what will it be?" she finished, changing her voice to a distinctly masculine, sarcastic voice often associated with inner-city organized criminals.
    Last edited by Scow2; 2014-01-04 at 03:21 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarael View Post
    "Owin' all due repsect sirrah, and forgive a meager gnaome if he be speakin' out his turn, but I lay me own eyes on this host, and it was beyond da like Ah've seen before. Ah know what your plan be, but it best be your best. Tis destined to be a massive battle, and I know not what sevice be required of yers truly, but I will give ma all fer it, by Selune's light!" Orryn's voice voice began shaky, but grew ever more in confidence as he proclaimed his oath.
    "Your efforts will be appreciated little one, and your role in this battle might prove to be the most important. If all goes well, my army will clear a path for you, so that you can assault the enemy commander directly. We will only have a small window, we can only get a few men through. This soldiers are the best, but they are still just soldiers. A group of adventurers will have much better chances then a group of soldiers. I would accompany you, but my place is with my soldiers, that's where I can do best. However, my brother might be able to provide some assistance."

    Quote Originally Posted by Scow2 View Post
    Dagryl, Gnoll Bard
    As the guard commander mentioned that the paladins and wizards refused to take part, Dagryl stepped forward, speaking up in the sassy, slightly feminine voice that she seems to use at least a plurality of the time, "Wait, wait wait... You're sayin' that we're takin' on a bunch of frosties, brutes, and demonlizards without the support of the holy butt-kiss... KICKers and magical warlocks?" she asked, making up for a lack of readable facial animation with exaggerated, violent body language and limb movement. "If we were to get off our asses, we might accidentally dislodge the sticks shoved up them and risk becoming socially tolerable!" she mocked the Paladins, adopting a deep, masculine voice with a Holier-than-thou attitude, and striking the stiff-back, upright pose (And towering over everyone else in the area in the process), clutching the grip of her shortsword in one hand, and pommel in the other. "If they're so worried about that, I've got a replacement for it right here," she added quietly in a low, guttural voice as she dropped the pose, turning around and slapping the front of her hip.

    "Maybe I could convince the wizards to reconsider b pretending to be a succubus? Wizards dig succubi, right?" she added, turning back to face the group with a "Eureka" expression and pose. "I've got the voice and language down... how hard can the rest be?" she asked, and proceeded to demonstrate such with an extremely feminine, sultry and seductive voice that really didn't sound right coming from a gangly, seven-foot tall, hyena-faced mockery twisted into humanoid form - even if the gnoll did wear enough makeup to have her face read as almost sympathetic. And then she repeated the phrase in abyssal... or at least got the gist across.

    Returning to her normal voice and shaking herself off, the gnoll added, "If we were REALLY desperate for more specialized soldiers, we could always grab a few drunks from the tavern eager to wave their swords about... but I think that's how you guys ended up with us. So, what will it be?" she finished, changing her voice to a distinctly masculine, sarcastic voice often associated with inner-city organized criminals.
    "Your amusing imitation aside, yes, that is true. The Paladins are waiting for their invitation to come through proper channels, and in the meantime the people are left defenseless. And despite my brothers best efforts the Coward Wizards are not interested in helping the people, there is simply nothing to be gained from that. It doesn't matter, they would only interfere with my plans and lead us to defeat. The Lady of Strategy is on our side this day, we will not lose."
    He makes a short pause, allowing you to process all the information.
    "Now, you will start here." He points to the map on the table.
    "You will stick to the middle, and try to hold your ground. My men will focus their attacks on the flanks, forcing the enemy to leave the opening in the middle. As soon as you see that their ranks are starting to fall apart try to slip through. Don't worry about my men, they can hold their positions as long as it takes. Once you reach the enemy leader neutralize him. He is protected by a couple of shamans, so be careful. Do you understand the plan?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]


    "Ah've not the gift of gab others be havin', but if these Paladins need convincin', if there be the time, we can make an inquiry. Can it hurt? I know not this order, but certinaly Selune's grace shines on this battle, they must act!

    As for your kin, sure we be grateful fro another sword to lend its might our way. Ah be ours to command."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: The Assault

    Xardis

    Xardis is not very familiar with paladin's behavior, but he know enough to recognize them as fearsome, formidable foes, so he doesn't share Dargryl's laughing thoughts. As for wizards... Xardis was raised in Thay, so he knows enough.

    Setting those thoughts away, he turns his eyes back on the map the commander is showing. "So we only have to neutralize the shamans before engaging the leader," he says. "What do we know about shamanic abilities?" he asks attempting to gather as many info as possible before the next steps.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarael View Post
    Orryn de Tarryn, Gnome Paladin|Rogue
    Character Sheet | Description

    Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

    {table]STR|
    8
    |+0|AC|
    17

    CON|12|+2|Fort|
    12

    DEX|18|+5|Ref|
    16

    INT|14|+3|Will|
    15

    WIS|10|+1|Init|
    +5

    CHA|16|+4|HP|
    30/30

    Healing Surge||
    7
    |Surges/day|
    0/9
    [/table]


    "Ah've not the gift of gab others be havin', but if these Paladins need convincin', if there be the time, we can make an inquiry. Can it hurt? I know not this order, but certinaly Selune's grace shines on this battle, they must act!

    As for your kin, sure we be grateful fro another sword to lend its might our way. Ah be ours to command."
    "It is too late for that now, we have no more time. Even if they do decide to assist us, they will not be here in time. We will have to do this without them."

    The gnome's last comment made the commander laugh.

    "My brother doesn't really do well with a sword. His talents are not suited for the front row. He will do everything he can from the rear."

    Quote Originally Posted by Wdwune View Post
    Setting those thoughts away, he turns his eyes back on the map the commander is showing. "So we only have to neutralize the shamans before engaging the leader," he says. "What do we know about shamanic abilities?" he asks attempting to gather as many info as possible before the next steps.
    "The shamans will stay close to the leader, you probably won't be able to approach them without engaging the leader. They are skilled at the art of healing, so they should be your primary target. Fortunately for us they are cowards, if they are threatened they will do anything to save their lives. Keep them busy, while the rest of you focus on the leader. That should give you the advantage."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •