New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: The Gamer

1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoa View Post
    Pretty sure I read the same one, and ya it was definitely weird. I'm still not sure what was going on with gnome(kind of seems like he needed to attune himself with the ground or something?), or why they switched to a more literal translation, but yay some progression there.
    On a re-read at the bottom it says this group did change the translation of the spell.

So I THINK what he's trying to say is that in order to level up his summoning skill he has to train his elemental magic skill.

In other words, to get a higher level Earth Elemental he has to train his Earth Magic skill, NOT his summoning skill.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Then the translation I read must be really crappy because when he's talking about training his summoning skill he literally says, "So to train my elemental spirit technique I have to train my elemental spirit technique!"
    I'm seeing, "So to level my elemental spirit technique I have to train my elemental spirit technique." He wanted to level it, but I think he didn't realize that it was something that could be trained.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnome had better not evolve into some busty hawt elf or whatever.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pronounceable View Post
    Gnome had better not evolve into some busty hawt elf or whatever.
    Nah, given that gnome was a little kid it's probably going to be a flat chested teenager. Busty hawt elf will be the 3rd or 4th evolution

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Normal scanlator came back, and looks like the whole conversation is just intentionally confusing. I think gnome is just being kind of obtuse, but the keyword seemed to be 'Active', so instead of just summoning gnome and forgetting about it, I think he focused on her and that's what triggered it?

Also ya, we're totally getting angsty teenage gnome here. Busty super gnome isn't going to be until at least mid to high, unless we go with some weird Ivy-esque growth from Soul Calibur.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Called it. Flat chested teenager.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

New Chapter!

Sun Il. Bro for life.

Also, mysterious new figure oooOOOooOOOoooOOOoo.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

When did we last see Red Hair, and why did he promise to call her?

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    When did we last see Red Hair, and why did he promise to call her?
    Last time we saw her was at the Black Magician battle, if I recall. And I think he just kind of offhandedly said he'd see her again.

She's been established previously (and in this chapter) as being dumb as a rock, so she may have misinterpreted what he said.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Colossus in the Playground

Another pointless filler update. Hooray?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda sad, the serie started with a promising concept, but i kinda feel it has degenerated into yet another boring harem comic.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Kinda sad, the serie started with a promising concept, but i kinda feel it has degenerated into yet another boring harem comic.
    Hey come on, Eroge and dating sims are games too!!!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

When their game mechanics start popping up, I'll take notice. Till then...meh.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2016-06-16 at 07:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I found this comic not too long ago on the recommendation of a friend. I think the comic right now is a little stagnant. There's meant to be some measure of tension from the opening pages of the new chapter, but there's no building on it beyond the initial foreshadowing, which makes it feel a little limp in terms of threat.
    I want to say it's a weakness of the web medium in general, that we're not seeing whole lengths for a week apart at a time which slows the progress down, but the author is re-treading a lot of ground with Jee-Hans constant underestimating the impact the Abyss has on people.
    That said, it's nice to see something other than "Jee-Han grinds his abilities for 15 pages", though injecting a little more gamer humor like the Visual Novel conversation choices he did earlier would be nice, rather than just using them throw-away jokes.

Slow Chapter start is slow, but I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2016-06-16 at 11:28 PM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    I found this comic not too long ago on the recommendation of a friend. I think the comic right now is a little stagnant. There's meant to be some measure of tension from the opening pages of the new chapter, but there's no building on it beyond the initial foreshadowing, which makes it feel a little limp in terms of threat.
    I want to say it's a weakness of the web medium in general, that we're not seeing whole lengths for a week apart at a time which slows the progress down, but the author is re-treading a lot of ground with Jee-Hans constant underestimating the impact the Abyss has on people.
    That said, it's nice to see something other than "Jee-Han grinds his abilities for 15 pages", though injecting a little more gamer humor like the Visual Novel conversation choices he did earlier would be nice, rather than just using them throw-away jokes.

Slow Chapter start is slow, but I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out.
    Ya, the author hasn't really gotten a good grasp on how to write a weekly comic yet. Reading things back they seem to flow reasonably well on the whole, just when the chapters are placed a week apart it feels absolutely glacial; doubly so when he recaps stuff for other characters in the world. It makes sense since we get to see the other character's take on various situations, just sucks when it's all we see in a week(like this one, it's seeing Red-Haired person's reaction to someone new entering the abyss, which is good for her character development, just not worth the two weeks of downtime before something more substantial might happen).

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

The creepy harem stuff has pretty much killed my interest as well. I might pick it back up in the future if the forum says it's good again, but for now I'm gonna give it a break.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

The tropes aren't ones I like, but I have to admit they're written better than average, ie.
    [spoiler] It wasn't just some cute date, her PTSD mattered, and now she possibly has made a friend better able to help with Abyss things than Ji Han, (he's overpowered and and has Gamer's mind, Red Hair might have better perspective on how it feels to be thrown into this suddenly)

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Something interesting happened. (That pacing, though...)

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Something interesting happened. (That pacing, though...)
    It's good to see something happen, but I agree completely about the pacing. We've been waiting for some action for a while, we really don't need more false tension. I may be talking out of my rear, though honestly, if we're not seeing who the speakers are, I'd wager that it's not going to be much of a threat.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but it feels like it's going to build up to being something more comical than threatening at this point.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

New Chapter! Now featuring Plot!

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like someone has made a new type of illusion barrier to give everyone Gamer powers in some mild forms. I'm guessing we'll see Jee-Han face another equally as powered gamer as himself later on which should be interesting to see how he copes with someone as equally broken as himself.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

New Chapter! Now featuring Plot!

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like someone has made a new type of illusion barrier to give everyone Gamer powers in some mild forms. I'm guessing we'll see Jee-Han face another equally as powered gamer as himself later on which should be interesting to see how he copes with someone as equally broken as himself.
    Really? I looks to me as if we are still stuck on Chapter 130. Do you see Chapter 131?

Based on your spoilered text, I think you might be still talking about last week's chapter. I can't tell.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-06-30 at 03:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Website is calling it 131, and it's following up from last weeks mysterious talking voices, so looks right unless I've been a week behind for a while now.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Website is calling it 131, and it's following up from last weeks mysterious talking voices, so looks right unless I've been a week behind for a while now.
    Thanks. At some point I must have switched to a different website to read it and forgot that I had done that. I see now that the website in the OP has Chapter 131. The one I had been using doesn't.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

confused Re: The Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    My current theory: He's just regenerating Ki instead, and his power simply converts the various energy sources he has access to into the catchall 'MP'. The barrier is working - he's not drawing in mana and regenerating that portion based on his spellcasting abilities - but it wasn't designed to account for somebody with a multiple power-source talent set. He's not getting enough regeneration to do his cheatery 'all sustains on and still have a net positive supply to fight actively' thing, but he can retreat and Ki-meditate to get his MP back and then throw it back into magic effects, because it's all just MP to him.

Not related to current fight: I wonder if Jee Han/the author will remember the Chun Bu Moon Divine Technique at any time? He's had enough Int to learn it for a while now and plenty of down time.. or maybe the Chun Bu elder has decreed that he has to learn it the hard way now that he's actually training as a student with them.
    Chunbu Divine Technique is from chapter 14 ~ I've read up to ch110, it was never mentioned again ... author seems forgetful ~ same goes for crafting, titles and system quests ...

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvangionQ View Post
    Chunbu Divine Technique is from chapter 14 ~ I've read up to ch110, it was never mentioned again ... author seems forgetful ~ same goes for crafting, titles and system quests ...
    I get the impression they only handed it to him as an experiment, under the assumption that he wouldn't be able to learn it.

Poong Sae-Young outright said that he would be the first person not a member of the family to learn those techniques, and they've always treated him more like an ally than a true member of the clan. They may not have been willing to share it with him when he first became powerful enough to learn it.

He almost certainly learned it by this chapter though, when they decided to take advantage of his power to upgrade the clan.

Quests and titles were never used much, but crafting is still taking place in the background even if it isn't receiving focus. He's got some customized items and he's manufacturing stuff using magic factories now.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Pulling out old comic threads lowers their value among collectors.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2