New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Why does the srd...

not have any of the rules for the standard dieties? Is that not OGC? I don't have the player's handbook mostly because I just use the SRD. If it does have the rules for them and I just missed them, please tell me. Otherwise, my question is:

What does Kord have for domains?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Why does the srd...

Strength, luck, good, and chaos.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

thank you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mooseofshadows View Post
    not have any of the rules for the standard dieties? Is that not OGC? I don't have the player's handbook mostly because I just use the SRD. If it does have the rules for them and I just missed them, please tell me. Otherwise, my question is:

What does Kord have for domains?
    No, the deities in the PHB are Greyhawk deities and are thus not OGC.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Buy the PHB, it is very useful ... also as a paperweight, blotting pad, to smash flies and gnats ... or annoying little siblings ...
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I would never use it to smash bugs. Siblings on the other hand...are fair game.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

As Wampa alluded to, the SRD does not contain any of WotC's intellectual property - deities, mind flayers, beholders, even names like Bigby and Mordenkainen. The reason is really simply. The open gaming license (OGL) allows anybody to use the material in the SRD free of charge, for just about anything they want (there's a few limitations, but not many). If they put Kord in the SRD, I could then publish a book (even fiction) that used his name. As long as I included a copy of the license in the book, WotC would have no legal ramifications - they would, in essence, lose control of their intellectual property.

The SRD doesn't exist to give us a handy-dandy, super cool rules reference on-line. That's just a by-product. The purpose of the SRD is to provide open content for other publishers to use.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholders were in the SRD at one time. I remember downloading the 3.0 SRD a LONG time ago and the beholder stat block was just about the only thing I read in it.

I usually let my clerics just choose their domains, but the deities in my gameworld tend to have belief systems that vary wildly by location, church, and worshiper.
    Check out Red Box Fantasy a very modern and different take on retrogaming. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/paigeoliver

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

they're certainly not in it now. And I can't ever recall seeing them in the SRD (though that doesn't mean they weren't there, of course).
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.