A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 80
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default The Council [3.5e IC]

    OOC Thread

    A Brief World View: As you progress through this world you will learn many a more things on the background of this world, its history, its great people, its everything. I am a fan of dripping hints of backstory and not just giving you a novel to chew on in the first session. This first adventure will open many more questions than it will answers, so be patient, your questions will be answered.

    Brief History: The land of Eternia, Run by a great and powerful king, Adamar Lionfeld. The mass population loves and admires him, as he is kind, generous, and seeks only the peoples desires, however recently he has entrusted his duties onto his councilmen. Noone knows more besides othis small information, but no one is concerned about it.

    Spoiler: Fiella
    Show
    On your journey for knowledge, power, and the extreme arcana. Rumors float the land of a mystical isle off the coast of Havenport, A town often filled with pirates, bandits, and many a crook, but also a hub for powerful individuals, located on the south east corner of the continent. This mystical isle is known as a turning point for all great wizards' lives, as any wizard who has ever amounted to anything, has gone to this isle, and returned alive, but not all who venture there have returned, More often than not, they've lost their lives.


    Spoiler: Voldaroth
    Show
    After your exile, You've journeyed far through the land, hoping to find your way back into your tribe. Your journey has led you to Havenport, A town often filled with pirates, bandits, and many a crook, but also a hub for powerful individuals, located on the south east corner of the continent. Many a hero has met there, sharing tales of their journeys, the beasts they've slain, and the troubles they have overcome. By the slim chance that a hero has the answers you seek, You arrive in Havenport.


    Spoiler: Doth
    Show
    Fharlanghn, the god of travel, To each of his followers is but one goal. To see the world, every inch of its beauty, and call no place home. Tis a horrid burden, but a beautiful story. Your journey has led you to many cities, villages, plains, mountains, deserts, however there is this feeling in your gut, that you're not seeing it all. You feel you've scraped the surface of the earth, and your desire to see all grows. You've heard rumor of a land, Off-shore of Havenport, a town you are quite familiar with, A mystical Isle, A land who's name has even been lost in time. Few know its true name, but most believe the isle does not exist. An island, covered by a thick fog, not visible from any land on the globe. Fharlanghn would be proud to have a follower to go as far as to see a land thought not real.


    Spoiler: Allen/Nella
    Show
    (Quick breakoff, I'll try my best to fit your character concept, being two mental individuals in one body, It will be hard for me to often grasp both personalities, but I'll do my best, Please correct me of any mistakes I have). You've traveled as a wanderer, village to village, now free from your master, dancing at taverns for a hot meal, a warm bed, and a few pennies to help you get by, seeking the love and happiness you desire, the freedom through your hair, and a place you can call home. Unfortunately for you, You've caught yourself in a bit of a scrap. Dancing now at a town called Havenport, A town often filled with pirates, bandits, and many a crook, but also a hub for powerful individuals, located on the south east corner of the continent. Stuck dancing at the local tavern, paid poorly, but still fed and housed, The owner of the Inn has taken a good liking to you, uncomfortably so, and has no intention of letting you leave. While the town is filled with powerful men and women of great valor, it is also filled with powerful enemies, Pirate captains and Bandit leaders alike, but none you recognize. For fear of being captured again, you continue to dance, enjoying what freedom you still have left.


    Havenport, a light fog covers this village, moist and molded buildings, a thick scent of mud and cold ocean through the air, the sounds of ships creak in the distance as waves crash against them. The ocean is calm tonight, the air is cold and still, the village seems almost barren, though the heart of the village lies within its tavern, and not in its moist streets.

    Spoiler: Fiella
    Show
    Being one so young, a drink at the bar would place a nice glass of fresh milk to your lips, but, in this village, not many a child runs through here, and a halfing as you are, you are hardly recognized as a child in the eyes of the dwarven bartender. You sit at the bar, listening around the tavern for word of this isle, there is a band on the stage playing a mellow tune made of lutes and flutes (Ironic, as that is the name of this band) and a pair of dancers on the stage. A group of heroes feasts in the corner of the bar, clad in heavy armor, almost as if it is their regular apparel and unphased by its weight, ales in their hand, and the head of a large savage beast centered on the table. The rumors were true, The first night you arrive you see a group and a recently slain beast head, Perhaps the rumors of the isle is true as well. A couple of other individuals sit in the far corner of the bar nearst the band, chatting away like good friends, and a group of thugs at the bar, not speaking to one another.


    Spoiler: Voldaroth
    Show
    You enter the tavern, The Heroes Feast be its name, and your eyes hit the head of a beast, huge in size, planted on the table with many a clad armored person seated there, enjoying their meal and ale, dirt on their brows, the beasts head looks almost fresh. The bar holds a dwarven bartender, with a long grey beard, and a chizzled chin, with many a thug seated at the bar, and a... Seemingly out of place halfling... scanning the room, A group of two humans sit in the corner next to a band and a pair of dancers, chatting away, enjoying their ale. The music sits lightly in your ears, almost soothing, and calms your worries about your past.


    Spoiler: Allen/Nella
    Show
    Your brow sweats lightly as you dance, twirl, and show off your skills to the mellow symphony of the band next to you. You pay little attention to your visual surroundings as it is hard to focus whilst twirling about, but your ears remain peaked. You dance next to two individuals seated beside the stage you dance upon. (You may read and gain knowledge from any of the verbal conversation between Doth and his Friend, any mental thoughts must remain unknown to you)


    Spoiler: Doth
    Show
    You've been at this tavern before, The Heroes Feast, A bar you've heard many stories from, mostly from passing bards, but also a fair number from experienced travelers, But you're not here for stories, You're here for a favor, A favor that has been owed to you by a man whom you saved from certain death, Captain Jacob Fairheart, A pirate, but not like most, An honest man, Who, although steals from others, never goes back on his word, and would never betray a friend.

    "Doth my good boy! What brings ye here to old Havenport? I thought ye left a hundred moons ago fer some greater purpose? Please please, Take a seat, we be havin' much catchin' up to do. Oi Barkeep! A pint of ale for my good friend! Bring us yer best, This man be more welcome here than any I reckon, And make sure ye bring it quick! Those stubby legs of yers hardly qualify for good service timen'. So really now, What 'ave ye been up to?"


    Spoiler: Note For All:
    Show

    1. You may read other players boxes I leave for them, but may not be used as metagame, if you metagame, I will know of it, I'm a hawk when it comes to metagamers, just try to avoid it. If I put a warning label on it, Don't read it. If its something you think everyone should know (Ie: Description of Havenport) You may metagame that knowledge into your character, use your best judgement or ask.
    2. I apologize for forcing you into a certain quest on the first journey, but I'm a strong believer in a first initial push to get the innertia flowing.
    3. If I make any mistakes on your character or background, I apologize and correct me please, I wish to learn about Your character, not about the character I want you to be. I have no wants.
    4. Have fun Ya'all ^^
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-19 at 01:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Her hands itched to be holding a book. She'd found one recently that seemed to hold more fact than most of the fairy tales she had read, and she was hoping that a second pass would yield further secrets or at least avenues of exploration.

    She was pretty sure most wizards didn't start their journeys like this, by trials and tests, guess work and luck. Or maybe they did: none of these books seemed all that realistic.

    But she made herself sit in the tavern and stay alert after all, though taverns were famous for bringing all kinds of driftwood together, they were known for brawls and darker things as well. If she were to find the island she had read of, she would need companions: that's what the book said, and there seemed to be a ready made group of heroes right here already. She just needed a way to convince them to take her with them...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    most dangerous place ever
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    doth quickly tells jacob about some of the strange places he's travelled to
    "captain jacob, my friend, i am still pursuing this greater purpose, it has lead me into town, and has forced me to find a ship, and i thought to myself 'who's a bloke i know who owns a ship' and of course, who's name should present itself to me during my mental travels? why, yours of course"

    he quickly scans around the bar for anyone who looked like they'd be good company for travels, he turns back to captain jacob so, what say you jacob? will you set sail for me, or shall i ask another?
    elemental avatar by kaariane

    extended signature

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    His eyes scanned the room. He saw merriment and festivity among most of the seemingly random assortment of patrons. His eye glanced to the feast in the corner of the room, the sweet stench of roasted meat teasing the saliva from his taste buds. The music wove itself in and out of the conversation like fine needlework, and its rhythmic melodies calmed his weary nerves.

    Voldaroth looked towards the bar and saw a dwarf handing out flagons and plates of meat. He noticed a grouping of silent men and a lone halfling a couple of seats away. Shrugging away any remaining weariness, he walked up to the bar and sat down between them.

    "I'll have a cider, if you've got any. If not, an ale will be fine."

    As he waited for his drink to come, he thought about the road he had traveled, the place it had taken him him to, and where he hoped it would eventually take him back to. He rubbed the bracelet wrapped around his wrist and sat in silence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    While Nella was dancing away without a care in the world, Allen was staring at the Halfling girl sitting at the bar.

    "I didn't know you were into little girls. "
    "What? No! I'm just wondering why a Halfling would be here by herself, they're not exactly a common sight in this town and they're usually in a group when they do come here. "
    "If you're shy I can go talk to her for you after this dance. "
    "No that's not what I meant! "


    Nella couldn't help but smile as Allen grumbled at her: It was so fun to tease him! Finishing her dance, she went off to take a break and walked over to the bar, taking a seat next to the Halfling girl and leaning close to her.

    "Hey there cutie, what's a little girl like you doing in a place like this?"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    "Hey there cutie, what's a little girl like you doing in a place like this?"

    Vigil's soft purr inside her jacket had alerted her to the approaching dancer, but she was still surprised that the girl had sat beside her and not approached the other men at the bar.

    "Er, hello," she said somewhat awkwardly, glancing around as though there might be some other out of place young girl in the vicinity. Wondering what the dancer could possibly want she blurted out: "I don't play, an instrument that is. I know everyone thinks halflings like to sit around and play music but my family was more of a hard-work, farming type." Clearly she was rambling. Taking a breath she smiled and answered in her most adult voice: "I'm between jobs at the moment."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Spoiler: Doth
    Show
    I see... He studies his friend with slate colored eyes intensely. Aye, I'll take ye, But ye best tell me where we're headed 'else ye could end up someplace ye weren't headed. y..Ye cant be talkin' about... could ye? He pauses, glances over to the bartender, and leans closer to you The Isle? What in blazes do ye have to go there fer? I remember ye tellin' stories about it but never in my days thought you'd seek to find such a fairytale place.


    Spoiler: Voldaroth
    Show
    Bwaha, Ale says he? Of cerse we have ale, Finest in all the land ye be wonderin? Nay but tis a good glass this side of the world. What be bringin' such young travelers this way? I've not seen more than one youngin' in.. well, In about 20 seasons I'd reckon. Business? Pleasure? Ye look like a warrior in the makin' my boy, Ye might snag some good advice from that man o'er there if'n that's your business. The bartender points past your shoulder to one of the brutes at the table of heroes, A dark skinned, extraordinarily muscular gentleman, currently in the process of devouring one of the legs of the beast, his eyes look soft but strong.


    Spoiler: Fiella, Allen/Nella, Voldaroth [OOC]
    Show
    Each of you rolled a good listen check, You may passively listen in on eachothers conversations


    Spoiler: Fiella
    Show
    Your ears perk up hard as you hear the word "Isle" come out of the man's mouth nearest the band, Ship? Isle? Mayhaps you've struck a bit of luck.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Fantastic roll on your listen check
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    most dangerous place ever
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    doth stares at the pirate, wondering if the favour will get him to the isle or not "yes jacob, i want you to take me to the isle, i trust there's no problem right? or is my favour not worth enough for that trip?"

    he quickly scans the room to try and see if anyone's close enough to be listening, he stays on the lookout for potential travelling companions

    "if you can take me, what's the earliest we could leave?"
    elemental avatar by kaariane

    extended signature

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Captain Jacob pauses for a minute, reading your eyes, sensing the seriousness in your voice, and stands up, taking your arm and guiding you to the bar.Aye alright alright, I owe you my life my good boy, even if this kills me it's still worth the time extra you've given me.

    He slowly approaches the bar, slaps the bar and glares are the dwarf.

    Barkeep, We're gonna need a few barrels of your ale for the road, Its come time that I go where no man has in years, Perhaps with enough coin I can convince you to lend me your band as well, It'll be quite worth your while

    My BAND?! Ye best be havin' enough gold ta afford their life insurance in this one, a few barrels I can tolerate losin', but this be a mighty popular band amongst the travelers.

    Captain Jacobs hops the bar, and guides the dwarf into the back to further discuss the wages.

    By the gods.. Where on earth did you get that kinda gold?!

    Ye dont say... ...well...

    A few mumbles commence, the heroes and bandits pay no attention to the discussion in the back, seems to be common happenings around here.

    The two of them step back out, Captain Jacob approaches doth and wraps his arm around him. Doth my boy, We set sail Tonight! Gather your things and meet me on my ship in one hour! We've got plenty of food, and now plenty of ale, And a bit of... entertainment I might add, Bwarharhaa! Jacob glances at Nella as he walks out of the tavern, kicks open the door, and heads out towards the docks.

    The Barkeep walks up to Nella, Calls over the other Dancer and the band. Well, It seems ye will be roadies for awhile, I expect ye come home safe, Captain Jacob pays handsomely, and he's a good lad, I trust he'll get ye all back safely. I expect all of ye to pack yer things and board his ship, The one with the large blue mast, She be the only one out there like that. The dwarf lets out a heavy sigh, but also a small grin of greed, walks back behind the bar and grumbles a few things to himself, and pours himself a drink.

    I dont like this one bit Allen, I've got a bad feeling about this whole thing
    Fae whispers to Allen. Her eyes seem troubled, the rest of the band says nothing and collects their things, apologizing for cutting the music short this evening, and steps out the door to load up the ship with their things.

    Spoiler: Fae
    Show
    Fae is the other dancer that Allen/Nella has worked with for quite some time. Loud mouthed, Outspoken, Unmistakingly pretty, Similar height to Allen, Shoulder length blonde hair, bright green eyes.

    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Fae was taken in by the band at a very young age. She saw the band play at a tavern her father often went to, and hopped aboard their carriage when no one was looking, and has lived with the band ever since. With no real musical talent, she's taken up dancing to support the band in any way she could.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Voldaroth listens to the talk of a sea voyage. His mind flashed back to a dream had long ago. He shook his head and looked back to the barkeep.

    I don't know what you'd call my journey, but there's no pleasure in it, that's for sure. What's the voyage for? The sea voyage that is."

    He drinks from the ale sitting in front of him, smelling the fine mixture of sweat and perfume coming from the dancers.
    Last edited by tydelial; 2014-01-20 at 03:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Eh, Some crazy man's dream to find some fantasy island, sounds like a bit of crazy ta me, but then again, I'm not too fond of boats ye see. Catch your fancy do it? I betcha Captain Jacob'd let ye tag along if'n ye put yer muscles to free labor. Knowin' him he aint gonna be liftin them kegs of ale, nor do he want to pay his lackeys ta do it for 'im.
    The dwarf's eyes wander over your shoulders as he speaks to you.
    It may be good fer a young adventurer if'n ye survive, Make yer way up tha ranks like those strong men over there
    He motions once more to the warriors at the table.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    "Sorry, seems we have to cut our chat short."

    After giving Fiella a peck on the cheeks, Nella moved over to Fae and gave her a big hug to reassure her.

    "I'll keep you safe darling, don't worry."

    "Do you really have to be so touchy-feely with every girl we meet?"
    "No."
    "Then why do you keep doing it?!"
    "Because I find it hilarious how flustered you get."


    And following that last thought Nella took a playful nibble at Fae's earlobe and whispered to her "Come. Let's go to our room to pack our stuff or we'll get left behind by everyone else."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Those men soldiers of fortune? They seem fortunate enough. Voldaroth finished off his flagon and looked over to the silent men sitting next to him. What about these men here? They don't seem as fortunate.
    Last edited by tydelial; 2014-01-20 at 03:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Fiella's ears pricked up at the mention of the 'Isle' and before she could get away from the dancer the ship's captain had agreed and the plan forged. She'd hoped to go with the adventurers in the corner, clearly experienced, but if that captain and his friend were going, well they would have to do. As her mother used to say: "opportunity is a prickly friend, you can only say no so often".

    Fiella clambers out of her high stool and pads across the floor of the tavern, with a nod for the barman before heading out onto the street. Vigil leapt free and stalked along beside her as she followed the loud steps of the captain. Catching up to him, she called out: "Captain, captain! I need to speak with you. Are you travelling to the 'Isle'?"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Spoiler: Allen/Nella
    Show
    Hehe Stop it, Fae smirks and pushes you away a bit, I suppose you're right, Thanks, I feel a lot better about this whole thing. Maybe it'll be exciting, a wondrous place. Fae sets off with you to go pack up your things, seeming much calmer.


    Spoiler: Voldaroth
    Show

    Aye, Hahaha, These men be nothin more than a buncha bandit thugs who just lost their leader, Pity 'sn't it? A pathetic man he was. As this is spoken, one of the bandit men shatters the glass in his hand and stands up, One hero on the other side of the tavern stands up, walks over to the bar, and drops a small bag of coin.
    Now now, Lets not tease, these men, criminal as they may be, suffered a great loss today. Let them mourn in peace. I'll pay for his glass and a round of drinks on me, For everyone in the tavern, We could all use some good spirits, For the priest on his new adventure, for these men for their loss, For everyone, we all seem to need some spirit lifting.

    ...Thank you, This... Wont be forgotten. The bandit sits back down, takes his new glass and takes a swig.

    Alright Alright, I'll behave, But only 'n account o tha fact that yer fist could go through me skull. The barkeep grumbles a bit, disappointed.

    The hero smirks a bit, but says nothing, and glances over at Voldaroth.
    A Kythalee? What brings you so far from your tribe young one? You now have a better look of the hero, Tall in stature, slender, with eyes as blue as the sky, white short hair, and christened pale skin.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Didn't know if you had a name for your tribe, So I just used Kythalee, If you had a name for your tribe, let me know and I will correct this.


    Spoiler: Fiella
    Show
    Well well, A nosey little one ye are. Tell me young'n... He crouches down onto one knee, meeting your eyes What business of ye's is this? The Isle be a dangerous place for little ones, I know I certainly can't ensure even yer safety, What makes ye think ye can handle yerself?
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    I hope to erase a great disgrace from my past.

    Voldaroth rubbed the bracelet instinctively as he spoke. Looking at the glass that appeared in front of him, he picked up the ale and took a large mouthful. He looked at the men next to him, bowed his head in silent apology, and looked back to the man.

    Your generosity will get you far in this life. My father taught me that, first and foremost, a man should honor the sacredness of another's silence. Thank you for reminding me of this lesson. My name's Voldaroth, and you are almost correct. My mother was from the Kythalee tribe, but I am of the Utlanning tribe, as was my father, and his father before him. Are you a part of the sea voyage?
    Last edited by tydelial; 2014-01-20 at 08:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Spoiler: Voldaroth
    Show
    Your father is a smart man, but my apologies for the misconception, My mistake Young Utlanning, and I know not of disgraces, only forgiveness, I pray you receive the same value.
    He places his hand on your shoulder
    but Nay, I am not part of the sea voyage, Not to my knowledge that is, for it is not my place to intrude on anothers' journey without a proper invite. It sounds like a great deal of adventure, one you should consider taking up. Every man's journey starts somewhere. Personally, mine started with catching a simple burglar, which lead to more and more wondrous journeys.

    He glances over at his comrades, ensuring they're still there and well.

    I beg pardon but it seems one of our party is missing, I hope to meet with you again when you return Young Utlanning, Our stay in this village will be most long, I pray for your safe return.

    He begins to walk off and pauses, turns around once more,

    Oh, and also, I know not my true name, but my friends call me Kae, You may do the same. T'was a great pleasure. Safe travels.

    Kae begins his walk back to his fellow adventurers, a glance comes from each of them to your direction, a friendly smile from all, and a glass lifted.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    A thin smile crept across Voldaroth's lips as the kind stranger walked away. He watched as he rejoined his companions in their feast, still hungering for the taste of the roasted beast. He thought about the man's advice, and considered his happening upon this town. As he wondered if his guilt would be answered in the heat of a great adventure or if it would only bring him greater misfortune, he began to hunger for something more, something beyond the juicy flesh. Swallowing the rest of the ale, he turned to the man who had been referred to as captain by the halfling woman.

    Would you be in need of another pair of arms?
    Last edited by tydelial; 2014-01-21 at 06:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    "I intend to discover the secrets of the Isle," Fiella announced determinedly. "As for my safety; you needn't worry. I'm a wizard, captain." She wasn't quite sure how wizards normally announced themselves, but conjuring fire just seemed far too melodramatic for her. Maybe she should have said something more mysterious like; You will see my greatest powers only when in dire need... Or whatever.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Overhearing the woman's announcement, Voldaroth looked down at her with shock. He had heard many tales of halflings and their prowess before, but never had he imagined that he would meet such a short wizard. Tales of wizards in his tribe always emanated from the image of a tall man, or sometimes an elf, with lofty robes and a large staff. He realized in his travels that his tribe's illusions of the world outside of its border were inaccurate at times, but this especially caught him off guard. He stared at the woman for a moment before realizing himself. He quickly looked away and picked up his empty glass. Cursing to himself for being so foolish, he motioned for the barkeep to get him another glass.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Another pair of arms ye say? If'n its wages yer lookin' fer I got plenty a goon on me ship fer liftin', but.. I may be able to crack a deal with ye. Yer lookin for a ride I'd wager, If'n thats what yer after, hop aboard, and take this little "wizard" friend with ye, keep an eye on 'er. She be much too young to be a fully fledged wizard, but mayhaps I'm wrong. I'll put the two of ye to work to pay for yer trip. The captain laughs a bit, pauses, and steps back towards the tavern.

    The boat leaves in 'bout an hour, just be sure yer on board, else we be leavin' without ye. He winks and opens the tavern doors, stepping back inside.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    most dangerous place ever
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Doth sat around wondering how the next few days would unfold. After a minute or two of mental travels he went to collect his belongings and get aboard the ship. He hoped the isle had the answers he was seeking.

    Doth finally arrives at the ship, he takes a deep breath "CAPTAIN JACOB! YOU ON THE SHIP ALREADY?"
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-01-21 at 11:34 AM.
    elemental avatar by kaariane

    extended signature

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Setting the glass down, Voldaroth looked down to the halfling. He extended his hand, hoping that she hasn't noticed his stare. The captain was correct, she looked very young. He hadn't seen many halflings in his brief travels, but those he did carried years similarly to humans in their face. This girl didn't look but a teenager to him. The more he thought about her features, the more she reminded him of Hannah. He cleared his throat.

    You said you wanted to uncover the secrets of the isle. Do you intend on finding treasure there or is it secrets that you seek?
    Last edited by tydelial; 2014-01-21 at 11:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Reaching their room, Fae started packing up her stuff while Nella took her clothes off.

    "I'm changing now so don't peek~"

    "Allen, take over, I'm a bit tired and this is more your kind of stuff."
    "Alright got it."
    "Don't forget Boccob and the girls."
    "I know, I know."


    Allen slipped out of Nella's outfit, packing it neatly into a sack and rummaging through his own sack to find a more appropriate outfit to wear. After a short search, he found what he was looking for and got himself dressed, hiding a dagger in his left boot and another strapped to his left arm, under the long sleeve of his shirt. He finished up by strapping his crossbows on each side of his hips and making sure all his bolts were still in the pockets of his vest.

    "I'm going down to the stable, I'll meet you outside, Fae."

    Making his way out from the backdoor and into the stable, Allen called out to Boccob, hearing his name, the grey mule's ears perked up, making it easier to find him. Entering the stall, he found the mule busy chewing on the hay that the stable-hand gave him that evening and the two hens pecking at it, searching for grain. Pulling his sacks in, Allen started saddling Boccob and took a look around to see if there were any eggs left by the girls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 for Sleight of Hand to hide both Daggers: 20
    Taking 10 for Search to find eggs, if any: 16
    Last edited by Nirhael; 2014-01-21 at 02:50 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Either its been a good while since you checked on your hens, or your hens have been blessed, but under each hen lies 3 eggs.

    Fae packs her things, steps outside, wearing a white and cream colored skirt, thick leather boots, and a leather corset with a white blouse underneath, her hair tied back, however quite sloppy with a few strands flowing down her face, hands on her hips, almost pouting.

    You and your chickens, I swear,

    You all set and ready to go? The thought of getting away from this town is.. breathtaking really. Do you have any idea where we're headed to?



    Spoiler: A bit more on Fae
    Show
    Fae never really seemed to try to maintain her appearance, When she wasn't dancing she often wore very plain clothing, never dresses, mostly skirts or some sort of leather pantaloons. Also outside of dancing, she never made her hair up, she would toss it into a ponytail, poorly.

    Shes a bit of a prankster, a bit of a worry wart, and has an all around bubbly personality (unless things of her past are brought up)

    Live in the moment. The younger you die, The more you lived.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-21 at 01:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Fiella fumed at the condescending manner with which the captain talked: he had seemed so jovial and nice but now... It was a choice between pride and success though, and she would always choose the latter: she would allow herself to be 'put to work', but she would show Jacob she was a real wizard.

    "Secrets are the most valuable of treasures," she aloofly announced to the man trying to greet her, then warmed slightly and smiled. "I'm Fiella, and I truly hope to find both of those things on the Isle. I am a wizard, contrary to Mr Jacob's beliefs. Yourself? Why would you venture there?"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    My name's Voldaroth. I'm hoping to find the way back home. How long have you been practicing magic, little one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    most dangerous place ever
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    Doth waited around for a minute or two, before deciding that he wasn't going to get an answer, he walked over to a spot beside the ship and layed down to sleep

    jacob should wake me up when he gets here

    Spoiler
    Show
    i'm stealing the idea of italics for thoughts
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-01-21 at 03:05 PM.
    elemental avatar by kaariane

    extended signature

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    How to answer that... "Since I could walk" sounded good, but if he underestimated her age it wouldn't seem very impressive, and she did look young.

    She settled on a part truth: she'd been reading her mother's books on magic as soon as she could pick them up, as there were few others in the house and she had been a voracious reader: "I have been studying magic for over a decade, warrior, there is no need to patronise me."

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Council [3.5e IC]

    I meant no offence. I don't know much about wizards, and even less about your people. You seem intent on going to this island, and I would like to go with you. That way you can teach me so I won't offend again. You seek great knowledge and the secrets of the island. I'm a much simpler man. All I seek is understanding. Besides, the captain seems to think there may be trouble. I can keep you safe while you search for your secrets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voldaroth
    Male CG Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +1, HP 21/21, Speed 30 feet
    AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Great Axe +4 (1d12, x3)
    Light crossbow (bolt, 20) +2 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (2) +4 (1d4, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •