Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales: Now available in PDF format from Gumroad
Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales is now on sale in PDF format from Gumroad - with 6 never-before-collected bonus comics!
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Storm [IC] [3.5e]

The Storm [IC]

Spoiler: The East
    Show
    The East: What was once a beautiful city made of sandstone, forged and heated by the desert dwarves themselves, has fallen, the rain has washed away every building, and its civilization thrives barely underground.
    A cavern has been raided by the cityfolk and made their own, where all sleep on slate, children play on rocks, and parents worry for their childs safety, The waters flow into the cavern, streaming slowly down to the depths of the world.

Garl Aesenhart: Duran, My nephew, I fear that our great city is lost, and not even the gods may save us now. You have been very brave, and saved many a life here, but I cannot allow you to live this life that is burdened on us. The king has requested each village send one individual to Castle Pascade, I fear that the kings plan may not prevail and all will be lost, but you, Avenge our once mighty land, Your potential is grand, and There is more at stake than just our city, the world even.
    Spoiler: Garl Aesenhart:
    Show
    A middle aged individual, and a spiritual leader for the civilization of the desert, often makes most of the big decisions for his friends and family, Tall, Muscular, Short brown hair.

Spoiler: The South-East
    Show

The SouthEast: The most prepared out of all, have stripped their homes and built on top of their structures, knowing that this rain would hit one of the lowest points the hardest. Waters flood many a feet high in this region.

Agard Springfold: The time of dark has come.. Layla, We need you to go to Castle Pascade, We must speak to the king about this storm, If this continues on for much longer we will all soon run out of food, we dont have wildlife or crops to feed ourselves, The king must have a plan. Please, hurry.
    Spoiler: Agard Springfold:
    Show
    An Elderly man, once a grand farmer, with white hair and darkened skin, one of the hardest workers in the village, he is often looked up to for advice. A grand advisor, a grandfather, a well appreciated man.

Spoiler: The South
    Show
    The South: The trees fall slowly into the depths of the ocean as the continent submurges, almost 3 weeks have past and already 50 acres havebeen submerged, the land of great wildlife dies slowly, becoming a lifeless hole.

Ellyn Faeleyn: Marigold, We have gotten word from the Kings that there may be chance to save the kingdom, but requests an individual from each region be sent to carry out a dangerous task. We may not be on the best of terms, but mayhaps this... Gift... you have may be a blessing rather than a curse, and could save the fate of the kingdom. Please, It is my personal request that you take on this challenge, and head to Castle Pascade right away, The rest of us will stay back and try to tend to the forest as best we can...
    Spoiler: Ellyn Faeleyn:
    Show
    A short, slender old elven woman, slowly reaching the end of her days, and leader of the southern civilization. A ranger in her younger days, she has retired to guiding those in her village. Often understanding, but highly stern, she does her best to treat all with respect, but is undoubtedly biased.

Spoiler: The South-West
    Show
    The South West Nevershutup is in charge of designing his village.

Fala Heartfire:"A... warrior he asks? Why not just request my personal presence.. If its a warrior they're askin for, its a warrior theyll get" She steps up from her chair and snags her immense axe from her throne, and uses it to brace herself as she walks, coughing softly, hiding her illness as best she can from the rest of the clan. She snatches up a bag from the wall besides the door, her advisor pleading to her that she not go. "Please Madam, Just send one of our other warriors, we have many that could fit the task, just.. Please.. Youre too ill" "Bah, Illness is just a handicap, This storm stands not a chance against my Bla--ughack" Her cough grows louder, she kicks open the door and storms out.
    Spoiler: Fala Heartfire:
    Show
    A large, powerful woman, standing at a high 6'7", broad shoulders, and a powerful axe, long brown hair, Human. An Intelligent and powerful human at that, she has no problem getting her hands dirty, and is very humble. She would sacrifice her own life before that of anyone else in her tribe.

Spoiler: The West
    Show
    The West: The Dwarven Homeland, Many a grand city thrive in these massive mountains, and many a dwarf fight this horrid weather.
    Barring the mountain closed, the dwarves shut themselves off from civilization, to save themselves. Selfish? Or Survivalistic?

Kaegan Hammerfoot: Fat, we've received word from the two kings themselves, requesting we send one individual to help save the kingdom from this wretched storm. What makes them think we would send one of our men to die in vain for some silly dream to fight a storm. Bah, What ridiculousness, How dare the kings request such a favor with nothing left to offer. A pity it will be but this is how things must end I suppose, You agree yes?
    Spoiler: Kaegan Hammerfoot:
    Show
    A stout, elderly dwarf, with a beard to the floor, and leader of the dwarven army. Fearless, and biased, he always puts his dwarven brothers before all others.

Spoiler: Center:
    Show
    Center: Once a beautiful valley, now a massive lake, The villagers has moved out of the valley and into the tunnel systems throughout it, sealing it off to prevent further flooding.

Fin Drakeslayer: Kerik, You must go to the northern city and beseech help from the kings themselves, many of us are wounded and require a way out, and the wounded cannot travel through these tunnels. Go now, hurry through and seek out the kings. I believe King Pascade owes us a favor. Please, I beg this of you.
    Spoiler: Fin Drakeslayer:
    Show
    The son of a mighty dragon slaying wizard, however was never able to live up to his father's legacy, Now leader of the central community, He seeks his people's best interest, but often is a bit selfish when it comes to priorties.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Storm [IC] [3.5e]

Spoiler: The West
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    The West: The Dwarven Homeland, Many a grand city thrive in these massive mountains, and many a dwarf fight this horrid weather.
    Barring the mountain closed, the dwarves shut themselves off from civilization, to save themselves. Selfish? Or Survivalistic?

Kaegan Hammerfoot: Fat, we've received word from the two kings themselves, requesting we send one individual to help save the kingdom from this wretched storm. What makes them think we would send one of our men to die in vain for some silly dream to fight a storm. Bah, What ridiculousness, How dare the kings request such a favor with nothing left to offer. A pity it will be but this is how things must end I suppose, You agree yes?
    Spoiler: Kaegan Hammerfoot:
    Show
    A stout, elderly dwarf, with a beard to the floor, and leader of the dwarven army. Fearless, and biased, he always puts his dwarven brothers before all others.

Bollam takes a sip of whiskey from his hip flask before responding with a grin.

"Sounds like adventure, eh? 'Course I'll go, if'n there be a chance what to dry out me beard."

Bollam claps Kaegan on the shoulder, drawing gasps from more formal dwarves around him.

"No worries, brother. Save me a mug and a song for my return, and we'll break out the mops on all this water. Right then! I'll be off."
    Last edited by Rizban; 2014-01-20 at 05:29 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Marigold had agreed to the request. After all if the continent submerged she'd never return home.

So now she waited in the king's own castle. Waiting for the king to call on the apparent group forming outside his doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The Storm [IC]

Spoiler: The South-West
    Show
    The South West Nevershutup is in charge of designing his village.

Fala Heartfire:"A... warrior he asks? Why not just request my personal presence.. If its a warrior they're askin for, its a warrior theyll get" She steps up from her chair and snags her immense axe from her throne, and uses it to brace herself as she walks, coughing softly, hiding her illness as best she can from the rest of the clan. She snatches up a bag from the wall besides the door, her advisor pleading to her that she not go. "Please Madam, Just send one of our other warriors, we have many that could fit the task, just.. Please.. Youre too ill" "Bah, Illness is just a handicap, This storm stands not a chance against my Bla--ughack" Her cough grows louder, she kicks open the door and storms out.
    Spoiler: Fala Heartfire:
    Show
    A large, powerful woman, standing at a high 6'7", broad shoulders, and a powerful axe, long brown hair, Human. An Intelligent and powerful human at that, she has no problem getting her hands dirty, and is very humble. She would sacrifice her own life before that of anyone else in her tribe.

Lance watches as Fala storms out, and rushes over to her. "Mistress Heartfire, stop. Your people need you. Where are you going?"
    Advisor comes rushing out, "Madam, stop. This yong man can go in yout stead." The advisor looks pleadingly at Lance.
    "Of course. Now get back inside."

Fala glares at both of them. "Fine. Darsin (Advisor), explain this to him. And young man. Good luck." She said as she went back inside.

Darsin explains the problem, and Lance accepts, and is waiting at the arranged meeting place.

5. - Top - End - #5

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: The East
    Show

The East: What was once a beautiful city made of sandstone, forged and heated by the desert dwarves themselves, has fallen, the rain has washed away every building, and its civilization thrives barely underground.
    A cavern has been raided by the cityfolk and made their own, where all sleep on slate, children play on rocks, and parents worry for their childs safety, The waters flow into the cavern, streaming slowly down to the depths of the world.

Garl Aesenhart: Duran, My nephew, I fear that our great city is lost, and not even the gods may save us now. You have been very brave, and saved many a life here, but I cannot allow you to live this life that is burdened on us. The king has requested each village send one individual to Castle Pascade, I fear that the kings plan may not prevail and all will be lost, but you, Avenge our once mighty land, Your potential is grand, and There is more at stake than just our city, the world even.
    Spoiler: Garl Aesenhart:
    Show
    A middle aged individual, and a spiritual leader for the civilization of the desert, often makes most of the big decisions for his friends and family, Tall, Muscular, Short brown hair.
    Duran bows deeply before his uncle. "Of course Uncle, I will do as you ask. I pray that some good may come of my actions and I shall not return until our people may once again stand under the sun."

Garl blesses Duran and prays for his success and safety as he departs for Castle Pascade the next day.
    Last edited by FinnDarkblade; 2014-01-20 at 06:13 PM.

My player profile.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: The Center
    Show
    I shall go forth this very moment to seek aid for this community. Have your people any knowledge of these tunnels, for I fear that if I am lost within them, I shall not reach the north in time.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7

Spoiler: Torgarn
    Show
    Aye, Just hang right at each fork in the tunnels, it should take you mere miles outside of the city. He steps back a bit, shuffles through some belongings, pulls out a torch and lights it, tossing it to you Let light guide your way, There shouldn't be a thing to fear in these tunnels, they're highly traffic'd through trade. Safe travels young one.

Spoiler: Rizban
    Show
    "No worries, brother. Save me a mug and a song for my return, and we'll break out the mops on all this water. Right then! I'll be off."

Ye be a fool Fat, A crazy fool, He claps onto your shoulder as well But a fool that I respect. If'n ye make it back, a whole barrel with yer name there'll be. Safe Travels brother, may his hammer watch over ye.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-20 at 11:44 PM.
    Show
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bollam grabs his gear and heads out in whichever direction is indicated as best. He's not one to rock the boat. After all, everyone might just be living on them soon...
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGirl

Post Re: The Storm [IC] [3.5e]

Spoiler: The South-East
    Show

Layla didn't like the look on Elder Springfold's face. Sure, the rains have been pouring down for what felt like a millennium, but... something seemed amiss. Did Elder Springfold believe that this rain would never stop? Surely the gods did not seek to completely drown this land. Layla lifted her trusty Guisarme to her face and stared at the reflection. It wasn't her own somewhat gloomy face that attracted her attention, rather the gloomy sky outside of the window that brought never-ending rain. 18 moons ago Layla used to dance with her weapon through fields of aromatic flowers. Farming and fishing were good, and sunshine graced the land. Now, the village, and the land have been drowned by the rain. Though there were lighter days like today, more often than not the rains would come crashing down upon the rooftops. So loud that the sound was sometimes deafening. Layla took these lighter days as a sign, and started researching all she could about storms in a hope there was something she could do. Elder Springfold always said that knowledge can be power, though how its seemed to help Layla now... she had no idea. Layla felt this was the kind of day that brings one to believe that the rain could almost be over, and yet... Out in the distance all she could see were marshlands and places you cannot even step without sinking into the ground... like what happened to... She took another look at the Elder and spoke.
    "Elder Springfold, regardless of how I feel, I shall do as you ask for the sake of our village, but you must know I am afraid. You know what happened to Dorian when he ventured too far from the village in the rains..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dorian, basically Layla's younger brother, was drowned/sunk/ disappeared into the marshes after a few months of rain. Believed to be dead. Their parents caught pneumonia because of the rains.
    Last edited by Lux_Vitayl; 2014-01-21 at 01:22 AM.
    Click here to view my growing DeviantArt page.

10. - Top - End - #10

Spoiler: South-East
    Show
    And at that time, we knew not of the dangers of this storm. Now with a bit of knowledge, we can be better prepared for dangers ahead. He steps over beside his bed, reaches under and opens a chest, Pulling out a large pole. Just tread carefully, and know where you're stepping, You needn't fall the same fate as he. Use this to check before you step, It'll help for safe travels.

He lightly touches your hands as he hands you the pole, Nods, and takes a step back.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-21 at 12:49 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

ClericGirl

Outside, Layla could hear the rumble of thunder in the distance. She was just about to open her mouth to speak when a flash of light illuminated the small room. Thunder resounded and Layla started where she sat. She hadn't noticed she had fallen asleep next to a fireplace in the castle, guisarme sticking up above her head. Strange to be dreaming about the day she left... Brushing strands of brown hair out of her face, she looked around.

12. - Top - End - #12

A pair of large doors inside castle slowly creak open, a man in a long red coat with two tall guards stands in the doorway.

“I’m assuming you six are the requested, I suppose you’ll have to do, Come, I’ll take you to the kings so as they may discuss the plan of action. I take it your leaders have explained everything, and if that is not the case, The kings will fill you in on the details. Please, make yourself at home”

The advisor leads you to a large conference room, with a long table and two seats at the head of the table, presumably for the kings, and ten on either side of the table. The two kings stand by their seats and greet each of you who come in.

“Welcome welcome! Please brave warriors take a seat, all will be explained in due time. Please”
    “Yess Yess! A welcome indeed! It is so great to meet such brave warriors. Your sacrifice is a great honor, even to us kings! Please, a time of celebration is about, for the heroes have arrived! Krimret, Wine for the guests, a’Please, and a’Thank you”

The advisor bows his head and steps out briefly, returning with a large jug, and goes around the table, filling everyones glass. The kings pick up the glasses and hold them into the air

“A Cheer! To our brave heroes!”
    “A Cheer! To our brave heroes!”

The kings tap their glasses with everyone and take a long sip of the wine.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Bollam sniffs at the wine before taking a small sip. He really preferred a drink less fruity.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

14. - Top - End - #14

ClericGuy

Lance, not wanting to offend anyone, sips his wine and then asks, "Lords, thank you for your hospitality, but what exactly is this mission I've been told of?"

15. - Top - End - #15

AssassinGuy

Duran bows his head slightly and holds up a hand in front of him.
    "I apologize my kings, but those of my order are forbidden to let alcohol pass our lips. I would gladly accept any other refreshments you may have though, my journey has been long."
    Last edited by FinnDarkblade; 2014-01-21 at 09:38 PM.

My player profile.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerik smiles as he drains he glass Thanks much, the journey has left me quite parched.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-01-21 at 11:11 PM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17

Marigold takes an eager mouthful of the wine, before turning to the kings.

So, what information do you have? She asks.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

18. - Top - End - #18

The kings stood up from their chairs, A plump couple of fellows, but all the same Unusually tall, standing at almost 7 foot each.

Pascade: Oh but of course, I pardon if the beverage is not to your standards, Krimret, We have a dwarf among us, Find something a bit.. Darker for the bold. And for the swordsman... He'll take.. Water? Milk? We have a variety of juices as well, Just let Krimret know, If we don't have it to our avail He'll be sure we do, Wont you?

Indeed sir...

Karrson: You see.. I'm Karrson Gyrwrot, and this is my brother, Pascade Gyrwrot, I'm sure you know of us but not know us apart. The problem is... well... Clearly the storm first and foremost, but you already knew that, Gah brother, How do I word this without sounding like a fool.

Twas your foolish idea, You might as well just out and say it, I'm quite sure they'll understand.

I suppose you're right... Well... a-near One month ago...

Pascade sighs heavily and blurts out:
    Lord Karrson hired some unknowingstly evil druids to provide steady rain for the land for our sub-par harvest year.

Karrson drops his head in shame....They promised us a solution to our poor harvest... and when we refused to give them what they wanted in return... they cursed the land with eternal rain, to destroy our land so as they may re-create it a-new... all beings... dead.

Pascade snickers a bit, but quickly straightens his smile out, realizing the seriousness of the matter.
    Unfortunately, thats the truth. The druids... something was off about them, a dark presence of sorts... They seemed abnormal. That seems to be the situation at hand... We'll have our most talented scribe forge you all a map to the location of the druids... how you go about this... I know not, and that, your decision, Please help us, We've made, well, Lord Karrson's made a terrible mistake as a king, but had only the purest of interest for our people. The whole Kingdom will owe you their lives, You'll be heroes!

A moment's pass and Krimret returns with a bottle and glass of fine whiskey, and (Whatever you choose as a beverage), setting it down in front of the dwarf and the swordsman.

Karrson's eyes brighten a bit at the sound of the word Heroes, With a bit of renewed hope, he speaks heartily.
    Indeed, Heroes! But please, We'll give the scribe the night to finish your map, and I'll have my men gather you supplies. If you'd like, we can also send a scout with you to guide you there. But for the night, Please ask us anything you'd like, and take our finest rooms. Be sure to get some rest, Our castle is at your disposal. Food, Drinks, Rest, Welcome heroes, My heart rests easier knowing you're here.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

AssassinGuy

Duran turns to Krimret with a hopeful look.

"There is a drink I very much enjoyed but it was far too rare in my desert homeland. Would you happen to have apple cider?"

He then turns to the kings again.

"Pardon me for asking, but might we know what it is the Druids required as payment for their services?"

My player profile.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Before we go any further with this, I must deliver a message. Where I left from to come here was turned into a giant lake. The people living in the area have been forced to seal themselves into some tunnels to try to avoid the rising waters, however such and existence is difficult. I am here to petition you for aid on their behalf.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21

Krimret returns with the requested apple cider and sets it down in front of the swordsman, then turns to the valley folk.

Do not fear young one, We have sent squads to each region to ensure safety of all individuals, and try to bring any survivors to the city to take refuge. It'll only last for so long due to the rapid flooding sewers, however it will suffice for now. I will have a scout sent to the center region to inform the squad that your people thrive inside the walls of the valley.

I suppose you may know if it'll help the situation at all... The druids requested both myself and my brother to give full control of the kingdom to their leader, Akh' Graagh, A terrible, powerful man, who wants only suffering for the people.. That.. and.. well..

He also demanded that Lord Karrson give them his only daughter to be used in some ritual, we're not entirely sure what it is, but we know it cannot be good.

Lord Karrson pauses, and takes a deep breath.

So far they havent tried to take her by force... but I fear they soon will, They seemed quite... Frustrated with us by the event that I refused to give up my only daughter to them. I mean... Why not Lord Pascades Daughter? Or his Son even, But mine?

Now now, we all know why, It's because your daughter is a fitting bride for their Orc Leader, Baahahaha.

Karrson smashes his glass on the table, glass shoots everywhere.

You know by Pelor himself that she is a beautiful girl!

True.. True.. Much more-so than her mother.

Lord Karrson shakes his head whilst Lord Pascade chuckles to himself.

I do quite apologize, You see... My brother and I are quite.. Opposite, regardless of what our appearance may hold, As much as you can tell we're brothers, Well, You can clearly see I'm the mature one.

Bah! Hardly! I'm the older one! Even if it is by only a few minutes!

The kings continue their nonsensical bickering, each of you feeling a little more uncomfortable as the time passes.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-22 at 05:41 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

ClericGirl

Layla sipped sparingly at the drink that was placed before her. Despite the bickering of the two kings, finally things were starting to makes sense.

You'll have to forgive me for interrupting my Lords. My name is Layla Whyss and I come from a village in the South-east that is now surrounded by treacherous marshlands. We also seek aid from your Lordships, but now I am shocked to find that the ones I seek aid from are at the root of this downpour. Perhaps it is not my place to judge since I come from a small village and I know not of ruling lands, but why on earth would you agree to such payment if you knew you were not going to give it? Or was it, at the time, a possibility that you were willing to sacrifice your daughter for the sake of the kingdom?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Bollam drains the rest of the wine in a single go, leans back in his chair, and props his feet up on the table. Grinning broadly, he was enjoying the show.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerik is left speechless for a moment by the stupidity unfolding before him. From what he has seen so far, the buffoonery of these two is clear. As he is the only inhabitant of this castle who seems to have had much sense so far, kerik takes Krimret aside for a moment. I appreciate the aid you send to the people I have come here representing. As you are the only sensible one I've met in this castle so far I would ask you, what would you have us do to preserve this land. Is it the wish of this court that we should slay these druids?
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25

n..no no, its nothing like that! The druids said only that they would enrich the land, and that I would only owe them a favor at a later date. I did not expect the date to come so soon however.. and that this favor...
    Karrson sighs deeply.
    Even I assumed the favor would be something small. Protection, perhaps, money maybe, a voice at the next town meeting? We had no idea they'd be looking to sacrifice his daughter.
    He does his best to straighten his smile, but his lip continues to curl into a smirk until he bursts out laughing.
    Brother I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ahaha, As dire of a moment as this is, I cant help but see the humor in this all.

Karrson, now red in the face, gets up, and storms out of the room, only causes Pascade to laugh even harder, wiping a tear from his eye.

Ohh too good, too good indeed. I suppose I will be the one answering the rest of the questions until Karrson stops being such a child.

Spoiler: Torgarn
    Show
    Krimret's eyes light up at the compliment, and he smiles briefly.
    I'm glad someone notices, The kings are both good men, with kind hearts, however, they are a bit... strange. Being such kind hearted men, they wish no harm on another, and will never tell you directly that they fear the only way to end this is with the lives of the druids. If you can figure out a way to spare the druids and end this, then please, do just that, but if it comes down to it, do not let a soft heart stop you from doing the right thing.
    He pauses briefly, and looks aside
    Normally... we'd send the kings knights in to do this dirty work but.. Only one knight has returned, and his sanity is even less than that of the kings.. I fear he's seen more than he wishes he did..
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

ClericGirl

Layla stood up slightly as Lord Karrson left the room. She half wanted to go after him, since he seemed to have more of a grasp on the situation than a certain other King. She was somewhat appalled at the reaction of Lord Pascade to his brother's distress. Layla gave a slight smile before she turned to speak. I do not think "Too good" , Lord Pascade, is really appropriate for the situation everyone is in. Now thoroughly unimpressed with the whole of the situation, Layla sat back down gently cup still in hand. Would it be possible that the druids knew you would not give them what they asked?

27. - Top - End - #27

AssassinGuy

Duran quirks an eyebrow at Layla after hearing this.
    "Excuse me Miss Whyss, but I don't believe I understand what you're saying. If the Druids already planned on attacking the kingdom then why bother with the pretext of helping?"

My player profile.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Bollam can take it no longer and finally bursts out in laughter, almost toppling over backwards in his precariously balanced chair.

"Hooo... buddy, is that a doozy of a story! Ha! And here I be thinkin' I done some crazy things in my day. What nothing like drownin' the world in some kinda deevine wrath. I'm a mite bit surprised ya no turned over ya daughter to 'em too. Why, with all the bad decision makin' and what not.

So, what you be wantin' from us? Track down and kill these here druid fellas? Ain't you got like an army or sumthin' to be doin' that?

Now, listen, my take on this be that these here tree huggers was wantin' to be doin' some dark ritual to like make more of those ghastly, leafy things and be needin' the princess to do it right proper, ya ken? Now, see, all this here rain is just one of them, whatchacallit, side effects. That there ritual woulda put a stop to it right proper, I 'spect, making it all look like they was helpin' out, at least 'til all the nasty, roots and branches started in on things. Without that though, they're just a boned as the rest of us and are tryin' to make the best o' things or just make it look like they're all powerful and in control like.
    "
    Last edited by Rizban; 2014-01-23 at 02:10 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

29. - Top - End - #29

Lord Pascade glances over at young Layla.

I assume they knew all along that the king would never say yes. Perhaps A good enough reason for him to not come after them when they finally DO try to steal his daughter. No one will follow the leadership of a man who sacrificed his own daughter for some good corn.

His lips curl as he says this, holding back his laughter as much as he can.

I apologize, I know its not funny, but I cant help but laugh at my brothers misfortune, He'd do the same if it were me.

His attention turns to the dwarf.

It seems somebody caught some humor. Bahaha, A great good it'll be if we can all find some light-hearted-ness in such a heavy storm.

Honestly, I too feel the storm is the least of our concerns. Druids with the power to wreak havoc across the planes themselves and yet.. They cause a mighty drizzle. Seems a bit odd to me... But to answer your question on our Army, Yes. We do have an army.. Had.. An army.. After we sent them to take care of the druids, only one soldier came back. Hell, Even with my twisted sense of humor I cant but look at the guy without feeling sorry for him. The horrors that man has seen.. I want naught to do with it myself. Krimret'll take you to him if you'd like to speak with him, I'll just stay down here and finish off this bottle, Anyone else care to help?

The king pours himself another glass and offers the bottle to others.

All formalities aside, Make yourselves at home, I welcome you into my castle, and shall treat you as nothing less than myself.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Marigold thinks for a moment.

What about a look alike? She asks turning to Lord Pascade.

If we give the druids someone that looks like their brother's daughter, that might let the floods recede for a bit. And it'll have the sid benefit of messing with any rituals they might need her for.