New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Wisdom bonus to FIGHT

Do anybody know any feats that improving fighting skills and require 13/15 wis/int (except of combat exp tree of course)?

Inteligence and Wit/ good senses/perception/ intuition are very important thing to be some awesome warrior. You know what i mean- warrior who is yes, strong or/and fast but also use his mind to be faster/ blow harder. "Aragorn like" ranger, barbarian shaman.
    All wis requring stuff I can find is some monk Ki/dragon/fist strike?
    Anyone can help?
    The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wisdom bonus to FIGHT

The Combat Focus feats in the PHB-II are a few.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

There is a feat in BoED that lets you use your wis instead of stregnth for attacks with simple weapons.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

The Combat Focus feats in the PHB-II are a few.
    Yeah, i know them. It will be kinda crapy if there are only ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    There is a feat in BoED that lets you use your wis instead of stregnth for attacks with simple weapons.
    Thanks.This is quite interesting, although i wonder reason why you must have mace to fight with wit ( other than balancig reasons).

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think the mental stats are just not really for fighters; for example, Aragorn is usually portrayed as a ranger. Combat Expertise is the one Core exception and it sticks out like a sore thumb, really.

Aside: could you try to run your post through a spell checker maybe? Reading your posts gives me a headache... I see you are in Poland, English can be tough if its not your native language, but many browsers today come with spell-checking features. I know my spelling and grammar isn't perfect, I'm not a native English speaker either and I try to use British English amidst Americans. Firefox's spell checker really helps though!
    Ein gutes Gedicht ist nicht dazu da, die Welt zu verbessern – es ist selbst ein Stück verbesserte Welt.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Some of the psionic feats are Wisdom based. I never played with them much, but off the top of my head I know Up The Walls is.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spiryt View Post
    Yeah, i know them. It will be kinda crapy if there are only ones.

Thanks.This is quite interesting, although i wonder reason why you must have mace to fight with wit ( other than balancig reasons).
    Mace, or spear, or morningstar, or dagger, or... You get the idea.

It's because the feat is aimed squarely at clerics who only have proficiency in simple weapons bar multiclassing or the War domain.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also in Complete Warrior there's the Zen Archery feat, which allows you to apply your WIS bonus to your ranged attack instead of DEX. I don't know if that's what you were looking for or not, but I figured it couldn't help to bring it up.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by squishycube View Post
    I think the mental stats are just not really for fighters,!
    I can't see reason why only caster characters should make use of their mental stats. Intelligent fighter would be able to learn faster ec. High wisdom represents keen senses and overall "aware of surroundings" - which is pricelles in battle.
    I know what god is doing with catgirls if somebod trying to talk about "realism".
    But fact that all fighters are better if they are "Thog like", (eventually with 13 Int for Trip) is stupid. ( Not counting better anti- mag defence from Wis, i'm writing about fighting effectiveness, Will sves are practicaly only vs. magic)
    Last edited by Spiryt; 2007-01-24 at 05:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    Wis to hit, not damage with simple weapons or natural weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Also in Complete Warrior there's the Zen Archery feat, which allows you to apply your WIS bonus to your ranged attack instead of DEX. I don't know if that's what you were looking for or not, but I figured it couldn't help to bring it up.
    Wis to hit to hit with ranged weapons, not damage.

------------------------

The 1st lvl of Shiba Protector or whatever its called in Oriental Adventurers gives Wis to Damage and Hit for all attack and damage rolls. Requires 3 useless feats. The prc is designed for one who aids and enhances the OA divine spellcaster. The 1st lvl is great for a monk or any wisdom based character if you can sacrifice 3 feats if your DM allows OA in a non OA setting. (He probally shouldn't but yeah ) Also works great with a soulbow, take zen archery, and you get wis to hit and damage twice with your soul arrows.

There is also a "targeter" a fighter variant that gets dex to damage instead of strength to ranged weapons as a special ability instead of one his feat slots. Located in one of the Dragons and also at Crystal Keep.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

High Wis or Int is also prerequisite for several other feats in Complete Warrior. Most of them are gear towards Monks however (i.e unarmed attack boosts), but there are a couple others: Defensive Strike (+4 Melee to-hit after a round of Total Defense), Eyes in the Back of your Head (opponent doesn't get +2 for flanking you; they can still sneak attack you), Improved Combat Expertise (trade *any* amount of BAB to your AC). There's also the Raptor School Tactical feat (Wis 13 pre-req) that lets you (a) jump down on your opponent for extra damage, (b) twirl your cloak to use your BAB in a feint attempt, and (c) study your opponent for bonuses to to-hit and damage.