New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default action/treasure hunter/archaeologist style elocator? help please!

Hiya guys I want to make a kind of treasure hunter/archaeologist out of a elocator build I was just wondering if you could all help me pick powers/feats or give me any other advice on how I may realise such a vision.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by kanachi; 2007-01-31 at 06:11 AM.
    OMFGWTF!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Indiana Jones style elocator? help please!

- Exotic Weapon Prof. (Whip)
    - Ranks in jump, tumble, climb, swim, survival and several knowledges
    - 'Hates Nazis'-trait (Like the UA traits)
    - Powers? I don't see Indiana Jones doing magic... (Or psionics for that matter)
    Ein gutes Gedicht ist nicht dazu da, die Welt zu verbessern – es ist selbst ein Stück verbesserte Welt.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Indiana Jones style elocator? help please!

There is a feat in ToB that lets you use a whip as a graplinghook.
    A must-have.
    The fastest animal alive today is a small dinosaur, Falco Peregrino.
    It prays mainly on other dinosaurs, which it strikes and kills in midair with its claws.
    This is a good world

Calcifer the Fire Demon by Djinn_In_Tonic

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: action/archaeologist style elocator? help please!

sorry i was really just using Indiana Jones to represent the characters personality/mentality. I'll change it to action/archaeologist instead! My bad
    OMFGWTF!!

5. - Top - End - #5

Default Re: action/archaeologist style elocator? help please!

Give him a few levels of bard. Gets the whip business, lots of knowledge skills, and accounts for his ability to give lectures that make the school girls swoon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Logic Ninja : Oh my god that was beautiful. Man. I... wow. This thread can be locked now, Wehrkind won it. Here
    "We know Elvis is dead for any relevant values of certain." - BWL
    I am now offering conversion to my Church of Stabiclese, Neutral God of Buffing Up and Whacking Things, Regardless of Facing. All those who love either "Buffing Up" or "Whacking Things" and don't particularly care about which direction the target is facing at the time are welcome!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: action/treasure hunter/archaeologist style elocator? help please!

I had a character just like this. Absolutely obsessed with treasure and building a museum. He actually turned into the group's leader because he would find a way to motivate everyone into going on dungeon crawls or into a dragon's lair in hopes of finding rare loot.

He started out in 2nd edition but I brought him over to 3rd easily. You really don't need to make a new class or use anything outside of the PHB. It's really all about role-playing and what you do.

In the 3.5 version, I started him out as a rogue and put all of my skill points in the appropriate classes for a treasure hunter: appraise, decipher script, disable device, gather information, knowledge: dungeoneering, knowledge: lost treasures, open lock, search and spot.

Then I picked up wizard and did only non-combat spells that had to do with treasure finding. Identify, Tenser's Floating Disc, etc

Maybe based off of something like that you could build a prestiege class?
    Last edited by Nad; 2007-01-31 at 06:31 AM.
    No it's not that, it's Dan backwards, jeeze!

7. - Top - End - #7

AssassinGuy

Default Re: action/treasure hunter/archaeologist style elocator? help please!

If you are going for an elocator use this class instead of bard: http://www.bossythecow.com/TheThoughtsinger.pdf
    It already has proficiency with the whip, knowledge skills, skill points, psionic powers and a decent attack, or just go Rogue/Psion
    As for the feats you'll have to get dodge, mobility and spring attack to prestige into elocator you could also get Speed Of Thought or Psionic Dodge (since you already have dodge) or you could choose more power focus feats like Psionic Meditation and any metapsionic feat.

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov