{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class
    giles92|Dai'allien|Aiel|PF Swashbuckler
    Lentrax|Alric|Malkieri|Dai'dore
    Torgarn|Timothy Ordell|Domani|Noble 2/Woodsman 2/Wilder 2
    hoverfrog|Elsabet|Cairhienin|Initiate
    lostwynter|Erani Telnayr|Cairhienin|Initiate 5/Aes Sedai 1
    [/table]

IC thread.

Choose a speech colour and settle in etc. It might be helpful for the first poster to keep track of NPCs and other things (party loot etc) in the first post below this.
    Last edited by MrE; 2014-03-07 at 08:38 PM.
    Just had a crazy week, so if I have been silent in your games, I apologise profusely.

I'm really sorry to everyone, but work and real life have taken me away from the forum for the short term. I'm hoping to have everything sorted out by september, but in the meantime posting will be patchy at best, and possibly non-existent.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: To Hunt in the Shadow [WoT]

I'll take Bold DarkRed
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Must remember to subscribe. Must remember to subscribe.

Elsa will take Bold Indigo as her choice though I'm happy to change over if anyone really wants it.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2014-02-28 at 01:59 PM.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Alric will be speaking in Green.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Could everyone put their background and personality bits etc from the recruiting thread onto their sheets please. It makes it easier for me.

I'm just putting the final touches to the opening scene.
    Just had a crazy week, so if I have been silent in your games, I apologise profusely.

I'm really sorry to everyone, but work and real life have taken me away from the forum for the short term. I'm hoping to have everything sorted out by september, but in the meantime posting will be patchy at best, and possibly non-existent.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Does anyone want to create a connection between our characters before play begins?

Elsa might know Timothy and be willing to help him maintain his sanity (she has the Heal the Mind weave) or Alric's sanity for that matter. In turn she is probably someone who he wouldn't want to seduce so they could form a friendship free from sexual tension. Alric's long quest in the Blight probably gives him some local fame and Elsa might seek him out to help her discover more about her own nemesis. Dai'allien and Elsa might have some conflict as Cairheinin and Aiel would but also a connection through their noble families. Dai'allien might see Timothy as a man who wishes to end his life fighting the Dark One before madness takes him and respect Alric for his fighting prowess. Alric may have encountered Harmless and have information about his whereabouts.

Just some ideas.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Timothy could very well know any of you, but unless he was pressed tremendously, he hides his channeling. If any of you caught him channeling, he wouldn't stick around to make your acquaintance.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

RedKnightGirl

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

To reflect the Three Fold Land, Dai'allien speaks in Bold Sienna.
    Did not know we could take flaws. Assuming the Vulnerable flaw is acceptable?

10. - Top - End - #10

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by giles92 View Post
    To reflect the Three Fold Land, Dai'allien speaks in Bold Sienna.
    Did not know we could take flaws. Assuming the Vulnerable flaw is acceptable?
    If you can convince me. Why exactly is Dai'allien, an Aiel, Vulnerable? I'd prefer something that has both a meaningful drawback (which I accept that vulnerable does to an extent) and also fits the character.

Edit: Also, would Dai'allien have told anyone of why he was in Fal Moran? Ie, looking for Dai'allien's half sister?
    Last edited by MrE; 2014-03-01 at 08:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    If you can convince me. Why exactly is Dai'allien, an Aiel, Vulnerable? I'd prefer something that has both a meaningful drawback (which I accept that vulnerable does to an extent) and also fits the character.

Edit: Also, would Dai'allien have told anyone of why he was in Fal Moran? Ie, looking for Dai'allien's half sister?
    Simply put, he's a Stone Dog with a moderate temper and a burning desire to prove himself. While not a berserker, his combat style revolves around striking incredibly fast and hard, often ignoring personal safety. It kind of exemplifies his mentality in and out of combat, being incredibly focused on a goal without worrying much about the consequences.

He gained the knowledge of their possible location (Shienar) from one of their unfortunate compatriots left behind. Dai'allien has yet to tell anyone exactly why he hunts them, but has made already made an effort to find them by himself, with very little success.

12. - Top - End - #12

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by giles92 View Post
    Simply put, he's a Stone Dog with a moderate temper and a burning desire to prove himself. While not a berserker, his combat style revolves around striking incredibly fast and hard, often ignoring personal safety. It kind of exemplifies his mentality in and out of combat, being incredibly focused on a goal without worrying much about the consequences.

He gained the knowledge of their possible location (Shienar) from one of their unfortunate compatriots left behind. Dai'allien has yet to tell anyone exactly why he hunts them, but has made already made an effort to find them by himself, with very little success.
    I will allow Vulnerable as a flaw then in that case

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Hoverfrog: You probably do recognize Alric. Almost every novice and Warder trainee knows the story of Alric's return. A madman on a horse is a really good story, after all.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Just realized I did not subscribe to the IC thread, will be posting regularly from now on.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Hoverfrog: You probably do recognize Alric. Almost every novice and Warder trainee knows the story of Alric's return. A madman on a horse is a really good story, after all.
    It is a good way to introduce a character.

Elsa's dislike of Daes Dae'mar make her a bit wary of acknowledging anyone but she'll return greetings if they're offered. Elsa is probably well known at the White Tower too, she's certainly distinctive.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Just clarifying, am I the youngster you are referring to?
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Torgarn View Post
    Just clarifying, am I the youngster you are referring to?
    Indeed. Elsa is 40 though she looks younger (especially at the moment).
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Just wanted to check before I posted. I'd hate to respond to something not directed at me, t'would be a rather large faux pas.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-03-05 at 09:41 AM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Elrani will be posting in bold blue, as befitting her Ajah.

Elrani and Elsa likely know one another, or at least know of one another.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lostwynter View Post
    Elrani will be posting in bold blue, as befitting her Ajah.

Elrani and Elsa likely know one another, or at least know of one another.
    Given the relative small size of the White Tower I'd be surprised if we didn't.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

RedKnightGirl

@hoverfrog: I had intended that the visit Edeyn is talking about was the one that Elsa was on when she was burned by Cara. I checked your backstory and guessed that it occurred about ten months ago, but this obviously wasn't clear.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    @hoverfrog: I had intended that the visit Edeyn is talking about was the one that Elsa was on when she was burned by Cara. I checked your backstory and guessed that it occurred about ten months ago, but this obviously wasn't clear.
    I left it deliberately vague. 10 months ago is fine.

To be clear though as far as Elsa it concerned she visited the borderlands with Cara who then killed everyone apart from her and escaped. Elsa then returned to the White Tower to recuperate and watch her friend be gentled and die. Then Cara returned and Elsa started having "accidents" then convinced her that Cara was Black Ajah and had deliberately tried to killer her previously.

Cara then left the White tower, presumably to head north again. Elsa followed. She doesn't know that Cara is in the borderlands but believes that she is there looking for items of the One Power to increase her own strength and serve as tools for the Dark One.

Possible outcomes of this that I can see are:
    1. Elsa is right and Cara is Black Ajah and is hunting for items of power.
    2. Else is half right. Cara is Black Ajah but not as evil as she thinks.
    3. Else is half right. Cara is not Black Ajah but is looking for items of power.
    4. Cara is not Black Ajah and Elsa is mistaken
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by hoverfrog View Post
    I left it deliberately vague. 10 months ago is fine.

To be clear though as far as Elsa it concerned she visited the borderlands with Cara who then killed everyone apart from her and escaped. Elsa then returned to the White Tower to recuperate and watch her friend be gentled and die. Then Cara returned and Elsa started having "accidents" then convinced her that Cara was Black Ajah and had deliberately tried to killer her previously.

Cara then left the White tower, presumably to head north again. Elsa followed. She doesn't know that Cara is in the borderlands but believes that she is there looking for items of the One Power to increase her own strength and serve as tools for the Dark One.

Possible outcomes of this that I can see are:
    1. Elsa is right and Cara is Black Ajah and is hunting for items of power.
    2. Else is half right. Cara is Black Ajah but not as evil as she thinks.
    3. Else is half right. Cara is not Black Ajah but is looking for items of power.
    4. Cara is not Black Ajah and Elsa is mistaken
    Ok. That fits with what I had assumed from your backstory. I just wanted to clarify the conversation Elsa was having with Edeyn, since Elsa seemed concerned about the Accepted who was with Cara, but Elsa was that accepted.

Edeyn has not heard of Cara being in Fal Moran since she was there with Elsa.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I thought she'd been back since. Oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Would it be reasonable for Erani to recognize Elsa from the Tower?

26. - Top - End - #26

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by hoverfrog View Post
    Given the relative small size of the White Tower I'd be surprised if we didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostwynter View Post
    Would it be reasonable for Erani to recognize Elsa from the Tower?
    I think yes it would be reasonable. After all she does have certain memorable features.

27. - Top - End - #27

RedKnightGirl

I just wanted to say that I'll be away over the weekend till Tuesday. I might get some posts in tomorrow though.

28. - Top - End - #28

RedKnightGirl

Just a heads up in case any of you hadn't seen it, but the forum will be down from today, maybe for as long as a week.

I'm ready to remove giles92 as he hasn't posted recently. He has until the end of March (due to the aforementioned week long break) to post or he will be removed.

The rest of you: Everyone should be almost ready to go, Elsa and Alric just need to finish their conversation, and Timothy to finish his investigation. Once that is all done I'll skip you on to the next morning and your departure.
    Last edited by MrE; 2014-03-22 at 04:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

It looks like we're back!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Don't let Alric and Elsa hold you up. Whatever Alric has to say can fit in on the road as easily as a walk back to the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show