Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post War of the Wheel

Hey guys, this is the OOC thread for Star Wars saga campaign I'm running with you four.

Begin with a link to your character sheets please once everybody has posted here we can move to IC.
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: War of the Wheel

Laikir Nootka will speak in Green

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Talia Azrah
    reporting in.
    she'll talk in blue. despite being green.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-05-02 at 08:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jim will be speaking in Cinnamon the color of his soul.

5. - Top - End - #5

The blue dude speaks in green and the green girl speaks in blue. Figures.

Arn is all set and ready to speak in Orange.

6. - Top - End - #6

Post Re: War of the Wheel

IC Thread is up! With an appropriately overdone introduction.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post17410846

Let's make this a long, enjoyable saga, shall we?
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genn Greymane View Post
    The blue dude speaks in green and the green girl speaks in blue. Figures.

Arn is all set and ready to speak in Orange.
    hahah yeah.

anyway, when's the IC thread going up?

never mind
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-05-03 at 02:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    Let's make this a long, enjoyable saga, shall we?
    Here Here!

Show

None

9. - Top - End - #9

Off we go!

One thing I think I should mention: if we're just waiting on one person to act, and it's been about a day since they last posted, I reserve the right to control their character. I'll only ever make fairly reasonable and boring decisions (i.e. shoots blaster, moves, etc.).
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hey guys, out of curiosity, what are your time zones and typical posting times?

I'm in NYC, US Eastern Time (GMT - 5). I have a desk job, so 7a-7p I'm checking the boards regularly and usually able to respond quickly, 7-midnight I'm checking the boards mostly via phone so I respond but it typically takes me a bit longer. Weekends are sporadic.

Also, do people have interest in discussing their characters goals and motivations for being on the Wheel, in an attempt to find synergies? For Laikir, he has recently quit his piloting job and is looking to become a captain of his own ship. Personality-wise, Laikir is arrogant in his abilities, but recognizes his flaws, so he'll be quick to have words but he'll avoid a direct physical confrontation when possible. He's a true skill-monkey, and at the present time I plan on allocating virtually all Feats towards Skill Focus or Skill Training. Some of his goals (beyond acquiring a ship) are to acquire gear that improves his skills (visors, helmet packages, shadowskin armor, etc), to become a well known information trafficker, and to build himself a multi-purpose droid.

Combatively, he's purely ranged, and *may* take a level dip into Scout or Soldier to gain access to WP[Rifles] and a relevant Talent, but that won't be for a few levels most likely (though the game direction will play a big factor).

Show

None

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    Talia watched the conversation between the Boba Fett cos-player
    Ouch! It's not my fault all Mandalorian armor looks roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post

I'm in NYC, US Eastern Time (GMT - 5). I have a desk job, so 7a-7p I'm checking the boards regularly and usually able to respond quickly, 7-midnight I'm checking the boards mostly via phone so I respond but it typically takes me a bit longer. Weekends are sporadic.

Also, do people have interest in discussing their characters goals and motivations for being on the Wheel, in an attempt to find synergies? For Laikir, he has recently quit his piloting job and is looking to become a captain of his own ship. Personality-wise, Laikir is arrogant in his abilities, but recognizes his flaws, so he'll be quick to have words but he'll avoid a direct physical confrontation when possible. He's a true skill-monkey, and at the present time I plan on allocating virtually all Feats towards Skill Focus or Skill Training. Some of his goals (beyond acquiring a ship) are to acquire gear that improves his skills (visors, helmet packages, shadowskin armor, etc), to become a well known information trafficker, and to build himself a multi-purpose droid.

Combatively, he's purely ranged, and *may* take a level dip into Scout or Soldier to gain access to WP[Rifles] and a relevant Talent, but that won't be for a few levels most likely (though the game direction will play a big factor).
    Sounds like a good idea to communicate these things to me. I'm in Utah, so Mountain Time over here. I've been working from 9:30pm to 6-7am six days a week for a little while. Though I'll soon have Thursdays and Fridays off. When I'm at work or home, I'll be checking the thread on a daily basis. The time frame I'm least likely to show up is Saturdays from around 4PM-2AM. I usually have a few friends over to hang out and I run a Red Hand of Doom game IRL during that time.

As far as goals and motivations, Arn is looking for glory by doing mercenary/bounty hunter work. He's got someone back home he's dying to impress. He's pretty guarded with people he doesn't know, and mildly confident in his abilities. Mechanically, I'm just looking to make him as good as possible with a blaster. So I'm eyeing the Deadeye feat and the Bounty Hunter PrC right now. Probably going to multiclass out of Scout at some point and do Soldier for the BAB and the Armor talents, as Mandos seem to love their armor like some men love their wives. I thought about taking the Force-senstive feat, but his Charisma isn't so hot, and I don't think I could get much milage out of it when I might just want it for some minor fun.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

I thought about taking the Force-senstive feat, but his Charisma isn't so hot, and I don't think I could get much milage out of it when I might just want it for some minor fun.
    As much as I LOVE Use the Force (even just the skill without any class or feat features), it's too expensive and time consuming to enter post creation, so Laikir will not be Force Sensitive.

Laikir does have interest in cybernetics and bio-implants though, first order of business is acquiring a good computer, then he'll probably look towards acquiring his first implant.

Show

None

13. - Top - End - #13

I'm in Virginia, which is UTC-5. I work for most of the day, but I can generally post once or twice during that time, and then more at night.
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

14. - Top - End - #14

Oh also, if anybody was curious, snivvians are statistically "small" creatures.
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

15. - Top - End - #15

In San Diego today and prolly won't have a chance to respond until tomorrow. Jim will keep an eye out for trouble, but otherwise continue as a high functioning alcoholic.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Redshaw View Post
    In San Diego today and prolly won't have a chance to respond until tomorrow. Jim will keep an eye out for trouble, but otherwise continue as a high functioning alcoholic.
    Thank you for letting me know. Enjoy San Diego!
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #17

Hey all, I have a fairly serious question about the direction you all want this campaign to take (and also, I think OOC talk is fun). I have 3 very different scenarios mapped out in my mind now:

-One is extremely gritty, with not a lot of the Force ever being a factor. Mostly space pirates and such.

-One is also fairly "mundane" Star Wars, but it would be a bit lighter then the aforementioned campaign. Not goofy, but not full on TDK-reboot levels of darkness. It would also draw a lot on the Marvel Star Wars continuity, for those of who you are interested in such things.

-The third would follow very much the same trajectory as the first, but with the Force becoming a bit more of a factor later in the game (the "big bad guy", for example, would be a Dark Jedi).
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

I like option 3, then 1.

Show

None

19. - Top - End - #19

I like option 3, then 1.
    Me too
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

20. - Top - End - #20

Tough call. As long as there's blasters, droids, starships and the constant threat of the Empire, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those options for me.

Though, Options 1 and 3 appeal to me, too.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Since it's the opening scene and we know we need to get together to get the game going, Laikir is being a bit more forward than normal. On that same topic, I'm cool with Talia hearing what Laikir said, even though he spoke softly and Talia only rolled a 10 on the Perception roll, but I just want to make sure we agree that this ignoring of roll results is an opening scene thing (for convenience), and we aren't setting an early precedence of ignoring rolls and meta-gaming.

Show

None

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Ouch! It's not my fault all Mandalorian armor looks roughly the same.
    Itís ok, Iíve never been in a game without a Boba Fett wannabeÖ mandalorian.

Pacific standard time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    Hey all, I have a fairly serious question about the direction you all want this campaign to take (and also, I think OOC talk is fun). I have 3 very different scenarios mapped out in my mind now:
    Iím not really a fan of grimdark, so two and three sound like the best options. Iím happy with three, which happens to seem like the group conscious.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Than, I'm more or less ignoring your character (not maliciously) while waiting for a response to my last OOC post. Meta-gaming and ignoring rolls is a big pet peeve of mine, so I want to make sure we are on the same page before I start unintentionally condoning the behavior.

Show

None

24. - Top - End - #24

Since it's the opening scene and we know we need to get together to get the game going, Laikir is being a bit more forward than normal. On that same topic, I'm cool with Talia hearing what Laikir said, even though he spoke softly and Talia only rolled a 10 on the Perception roll, but I just want to make sure we agree that this ignoring of roll results is an opening scene thing (for convenience), and we aren't setting an early precedence of ignoring rolls and meta-gaming.
    Than, I'm more or less ignoring your character (not maliciously) while waiting for a response to my last OOC post. Meta-gaming and ignoring rolls is a big pet peeve of mine, so I want to make sure we are on the same page before I start unintentionally condoning the behavior.
    I'm sorry, I should clarify: the snivvian absolutely wanted to be overheard, to draw attention to his cause. But, if it weren't an opening scene then you're right, I would have made it clearer that only the snivvian could be heard, and not Laikir. I'll also be more careful about avoiding anything like this in the future (beyond the opening sequence).

Sorry about that!
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

25. - Top - End - #25

Itís ok, Iíve never been in a game without a Boba Fett wannabeÖ mandalorian.
    Well, my first pick would've been a Force-sensitive noble. When that was an obvious no go, I went with what I knew in the setting. And well, I know Mandos a little more than most things in Star Wars. There is also some fanboyism in there, too, though.
    Last edited by Greymane; 2014-05-05 at 08:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Sorry I haven't been terribly active, guys. My eye is on the thread and I read the updates regularly.

Unfortunately, the game started the EXACT week I've headed down to San Diego to visit the girlfriend (she's working out of town for the summer). I'll be back home on Friday and will be able to start responding regularly starting Saturday.

Until then, I'll attempt to at least get in one or two posts a day.

Again, sorry.

Also, my normal time zone is Pacific. Option 3 sounds okay, but I'm hoping that Force-related themes will be somewhat limited. 1 is my preference. I've always wanted to play a somewhat Bladerunner-themed Star Wars game (hence the cybernetic prosthetics flavor), but I'm good with anything.
    Last edited by Redshaw; 2014-05-05 at 02:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

On a similar topic to Redshaws... I will be taking a 3 day business trip starting tomorrow evening, where I will mostly be checking/posting via my phone. I will then be heading to a 3 day Bachelor's Party immediately after... so Wed-Sun expect my posting to be slimmer (since the posts are from my phone) and more sporadic than normal.

Show

None

28. - Top - End - #28

Sounds like we're all busy. Just try to maintain a one post a day schedule, at the absolute least, and remember that I won't allow things to stagnate too much. Again, I want this to be a long campaign!
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I agree on the whole opening scene situation. I didnít mean to step on anyoneís toes. Iíll be more conscious of rolls from here on out.
    Also worked all day on the whole ďnon-customaryĒ bit, had to find a cleaver way to say "smuggler".

30. - Top - End - #30

Yeah, I agree on the whole opening scene situation. I didnít mean to step on anyoneís toes. Iíll be more conscious of rolls from here on out.
    Also worked all day on the whole ďnon-customaryĒ bit, had to find a cleaver way to say "smuggler".
    Really? "Non-customary" sounded like "not a prostitute." As in, you don't have "customers." No offense, that's just how I interpreted it.