New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default NPC Class question

How do you figure out the CR of people with NPC class levels in 3.5? I know 3.0 was NPC levels-1 = CR, but this seems to give out too high of a CR to me and I was wondering if they had changed it, Thanks all!
    The Historian: This DM has the history of his world written out millenniums back. It is intricate, complex, and most importantly, incredibly long. Moreover, everything your characters are doing is based on the previous history. It also tends to lead to loudmouth NPCS who will explain hundreds of years of history at a time while the players try to gouge their eardrums out with mechanical pencils.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: NPC Class question

What dose the npc do in the adventer, even if the cr ends up to high it might not matter if the pc's just interact with the npc

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

A villinous antagonist. The CR doesn't matter unless the PC's have to face off against the NPC
    The Historian: This DM has the history of his world written out millenniums back. It is intricate, complex, and most importantly, incredibly long. Moreover, everything your characters are doing is based on the previous history. It also tends to lead to loudmouth NPCS who will explain hundreds of years of history at a time while the players try to gouge their eardrums out with mechanical pencils.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

yes, an adventur i played we had to talk our way pass 12 barb(5) scout(1)
    at APL 2. so i don't think it should matter. but I think spellcasters have a CR=level? or it was in 3.0