A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ancient Nightmares OOC

Hello, and welcome to the Out of Character thread for the "Ancient Nightmares" campaign. I'm excited to DM, and I hope we'll have a great game! So lets get down to brass tacks, shall we? Or as I like to call it, the list of stuff that's pretty obvious in a OOC thread,

-Just a reminder The Giant's Diplomacy Fix is in effect.

-
    Spoiler: Here's some rules for detect magic
    Show

I was basically asked to clarify what this line means.

"Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras."
    - From SRD, Detect Magic.

Basically here's the gist.

- An aura can be concealed if an aura nearby is two steps higher. So strong auras conceal weak auras. Concealed aura can not be detected unless you pass the Spellcraft DC for identifying the strongest aura by 10

- An aura is distorted when it is in the presence of an aura that is 1 step higher. So a moderate aura is distorted by a strong aura. Distorted mean you can detect the presence of additional auras, but cannot detect their type unless you pass the Spellcraft DC to identify the strongest aura by 5.

-Multiple magic aura follow similar rules. If they are more than one of the same type of aura (assuming the same strength), then they distort other auras of the same strength, provided there is is one less than the majority type. If the aura types are two or more less than the majority aura type, they are concealed. Don't worry about mixed strengths, I'll just follow the rules above.

Ex) 3 auras of transmutation will distort 2 auras of abjuration and conceal the 1 evocation aura.

--Auras feint and moderate auras radiate 5ft. Strong Auras radiate 10ft. Artifacts radiate 15ft.

-Any questions about the world/characters/rules should be posted here. If you're still in the process of fine tuning your character's mechanics, I humbly request you keep the character building talk to the recruitment thread for now.

-Out of Character rolls, too, should obviously be posted in the OOC thread, while action rolls, such as attacking or intimidating, should be spoilered in the IC thread.

-Here is a link to everyone's character sheets

Player Main Class Link
    Hamste Beguiler Pyrom Juror
    r2d2go Conjurer Zander Kol
    Ragnarok'n'Roll Crusader Gorthax
    Keledrath Wu-Jen/swordsage Dracarias
    Ellowryn Cleric Clarence Thesban
    Yas392 Soulknife 5/Pyrokineticist 3 Xapham

Now...

The Circle of life,
    Has no beginning, or end.
    Choose your faith color,
    And write your own destiny!

(Pick a dialogue color)
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-11-06 at 07:43 PM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ancient Nightmares OOC

Here is some world info carried over from the recruitment thread.

History/Info

Spoiler: Campaign Background
    Show
    Myzandian Republic
    The republic of Myzandus (the country of origin for this expedition) is a fairly large empire with a diverse mix of races. Its 6 main cities include Benzaius (the capitol), Lorethos, Corithi, Dairis, Solmnus and New Velok. As a Republic, it is run by a senate, with 2 representative elected from each major city (capitol included). Individual cities and the regions they govern are run by elected governors, and terms last 7 years for both governors and Senators before elections are held again. There are no term limits. Among the common races of the Republic, Humans and Jomera make up a majority of the population, while Emocs come in close second. Recent immigrants to the republic include Velmerans, whose presence has caused much unrest for the country over the past few years, but the nation has slowly begun to trust them. Pouring in across the sea from the southern continent of Venor, Venmeran refugees flood the streets of Corithi and Solmnus, displacing many laborers as the newcomers work for much less.

Magic is common in the republic, and a University exists to train individuals talented in such arts. In fact, Sorcerers by law are required to attend, so as they can learn to control their power before being set off into the world.

Politics has separated the Church and State. Known as the Tsumura Act. It is the opinion of the Republic that too much power with a single major organization/individual is dangerous and easily corruptible. The primary religion of the land is Worship of the Holy Tribunal. Worship of Narsus is allowed but no shrines or temples exist for him with the country. Worship of any of the Dark Ones is out-right banned.

-Benzaius: Benzaius is the capitol of the Republic. It was founded after the first great war with the Velmeran Kingdom, and stands as a beacon of light to the Myzandian people. It serves as one of the main breadbaskets of the Republic, owing to the fertile lands that stretch far beyond the city's borders. As the capitol, it is of course the seat of government. Like many cities within the Republic, Humans and Jomera make up most of the population. Although Velmerans come in close second. The quality of life is not bad, in or out of the city, thanks to all of the goods that flow to and from the city. However, living within the cities walls is something only successful tradesmen, merchants and nobles can afford.

-Lorethos: Lorethos is the most famous city of the Republic. It was renamed after their hero, Rezzek Lorecast, and is knwon as the birthplace of the Republic. It is known world-wide by established countrys, and is a center of arts and culture. Zera's Arcane University operates out of Lorethos, and is known for it's many magical inventions and ingenious architectural designs. One of the biggest aspirations of the people of the Republic is to attend the university to become Wizards. Conjurers and Transumuters in particular are in high demand for maintaining the infrastructure of the country. It is not without it's problems though. It has no southern guard, so it is under constant threat from the Solaktic Empire, and in stark contrast to its open nature, its people feel uneasy with Velmerans so close. This is where you signed on with Auri Maraxi.

- Dairis: Dairis is the center of the of Jomeran culture. High along the eastern coast overlooking the sea, if Lorethos is the most splendid city, then Dairis is the most beautiful land. With it's mild climate, Dairis produces many of the finer goods of the Republic. Wine, cheese, artisan bread, these are what Dairis is famous for. On a more academic topic, many of the country's top trade schools and merchant guilds hail form Dairis, as well as many of the most notable politicians, owing to the vocal nature of Jomera.

- Corithi: South of Dairis, also on the coast is the Republic's connection to the rest of the world. Corithi is Myzandus' largest port city, and goods from all over the world make there way there. For the past forty years, it has become a haven for Venmeran refugees, fleeing the oppression of their homeland. This has caused many problems with in the city however. The wealth gap has increased, many Venmenans have replaced the local workforce. Crime has increased and even race riots have broken out within the city. But despite this, it's government is still committed to solving the issue, and has yet to bar the harbor from immigrants.

-Solmnus: South and center of the Republic, Solmnus borders the Solaktic empire. Over the years, it has had more than its fair share of problems. Multiple sieges and wars have ravaged the city. It is the poorest city by far, and the most dangerous. To add to its problems, Solaktic tribes raid trade routes and farmlands. However, it is a prime location for agriculture. Endless plains combined with aqueducts from Benzaius provide the perfect spot for farming in all of the Republic. Unfortunately, farmers often have to fend for themselves, as the local guards are preoccupied with the local crime syndicates vying for power within the city and government.

-New Velok: New Velok is the newest addition to the Republic. It is the center of Velmeran culture. Over the years it has had problems in adapting to the much "safer" politics of the Republic. It also very recently thwarted an attempt by the old Velmeran Kingdom to summon the Arch-Devil Thamuz, and repelled an invasion by a rogue Naruk Druid hell-bent on destroying the Velmerans.. Suffice to say, it is a flourishing city, relying heavily on exports of mineral wealth from the local mountains to fund its expenses.

Other kingdoms

On The Continent Myzandus

Spoiler
    Show
    -The Old Velmeran Kingdom: The Velmerans who didn't join the Republic returned back to their wicked forests and war torn lands. Dejected and defeated, they are always trying to exact revenge upon the Republic, and upon the traitors who abandoned them.

-Trewasha Naruks: A federation of Naruk Tribes that make much of the Western part of the continent their home. While usually peaceful, they can be very unforgiving, and do not appreciate outsiders in their lands without permission. Known to venerate Narsus, they are devoted to maintaining the wilds and will defend it with their lives.

-Norkindar: Following their defeat after their brief resurrection, the Doronar of Myzandus have retreated to independent city states. Once in ancient times they were the most powerful nation on the continent, now they jealously guard what they have left. Attacking any who dare enter "their" lands. Each City-state king seems to claim to be the true emperor, and although each claims rulership, for whatever reason, there has been no major war between the states.

-Solaktic Empire: A vast, savanna kingdom along the southern coast of Myzandus, it poses the largest threat the Republic. Fortunately, its constant rivalry between its cities, coupled by hostile tribes causing internal strife keeps their power relatively in check. Made up primarily of humans, they represent everything the republic can't stand. Including dictators, a centralized church of Malox and slavery.

On Venor

Spoiler
    Show
    -Dominio: Dominio is the seat of Venmeran power. forty years ago it was reduced to rubble by invading Doronar from the jungles. It used to boast religious tolerance for any sect. But when the city was destroyed, only two cults remained. One cult of Malox and one of Mianna Vel. Each rule half of the city in a awkward system of intrigue and subtlety. Unfortunate Venmerans caught in between the two cults have their lives run on the whims of the two powers. Which is why so many smuggle themselves off the continent, to Myzandus.

-Xixalsh: Xixalsh is the term used to identify the tribes of Doronar hidden within the jungles of Venor. Contrary to the Venmerans, the war eliminated many of the malevolent tribes on the island. And the tribes are constantly attempting to drive the Venmerans into the ocean.

Eldstand

Spoiler
    Show
    -Scolis: Scolis is the land of humans, Jomocs and Emocs. It is highly suspicious of Arcane magic, thanks to the invasion of the Scarthian Witches in days long past. It even founded an organization known as the Slayers specifically to hunt down arcane practitioners. It has recently suffered the return of the Scarthians, but somehow has survived the devastating invasion. Many sorcerers flee Scolis in an attempt escape the prisons of Blackshire Keep.

-Fuzen (Fynlaw): Fuzen is the ancient land of Dragons along the western coast of Eldstand. Primarilly made up of Doronar, Fuzen is not in fact one country, rather seven city states all vying for control. It is currently in the era they call, the Era of Turmoil, thanks to the constant state of war.

-Kolskiir: The kingdom under the mountains. The Maltoran lands that run beneath the eastern spine of Eldstand. It is an elaborate labyrinth of tunnels. Their cities are works of architectural genius. Unfortunately, it is run by a strict caste system. With Maltora on top as the ruling class, while Jomocs and humans make up the dregs of society.

Other Countries

Spoiler
    Show
    -Vikalastine: On the desert islands known as the Illashi Isles dwell the Vikzalxi, a race with angelic heritage. Their cities are considered the most magnificent on Narium. Arbul Durah in fact is renowned as the flying city, as it literally hovers above the desert. The Vikzalxi can accomplish and sustain these great feats of magic thanks to the a crystallized form of the rare element Caldium. This crystal (deep azure in hue) is called enchantium by most people. It is a material that can easily hold magics, allowing it to be distributed to the public. However, they do not share this material, for fear that other countries will use it as a weapon.

-The Waste: Not much is known about the frigid isle that house the Belials, other then just that, it houses the Belials. A Mysterious race of god-hating descendants of demons, they have only recently begun to establish embassies within other countries. What their aims are, exactly, has yet to be determined.

Here is a list of the common races in my campaign world, along from the countries they typically hail from

Spoiler
    Show
    Human - Myzandus, Solaktic Empire, Fuzen, Scolis, Kolskiir

Jomera - Myzandus

Jomoc - Scolis, Kolskiir, Fuzen

Venmera - Dominio, Myzandus

Velmera - Old Velmeran Kingdom, Myzandus

Emoc - Myzandus (Gnome), Scolis (Halfling)

Doronar - Fuzen, Norkindar, Xixalsh

Vikzalxi - Vikalastine

Belial - The Waste

Maltora - Kolskiir

Naruk - Trewasha (Green), Hurcrux (Grey)

Spoiler: Languages
    Show

Myzandian languages
    Myzandian Common tongue of the Republic of Myzandus
    Velmeran language of the Dark elves
    Tenuak language of the Orcs
    Solaktic language of the Solaktis empire
    Gurgrek language of savage humanoids
    Septus language of Norkindar

Eldstand Languages
    Fuzengo - language of Fuzen (Fynlaw), also known as Fynlaiian
    Scotson Language of the Scolis Hills
    Hurkrux Language of the Hurkrux orcs
    Kolskiian Language of Kolskiir
    Furstein language of the savage humanoids

Venor languages
    Venmeran language of the Venmera
    Szlisian Language of the Island Doronar

Global languages
    Caldas* language of divine beings (Angels, devils and demons) and Vikzalxi and Belials.
    Primordial language of the elementals, fey creatures, and unaffiliated outsiders.
    Druidic (written only, secret language) language of the druids.
    Arcanic Language of dragons, spell books and ancient races.

*Caldas has two dialects, Angelic and Infernal. While both dialects are technically the same language, there are enough variations in grammar, vocabulary and idioms between the two that someone who is fluent in one dialect, may be confused when they speak with a creature fluent in the other. When speaking Caldas to another creature who is fluent in a different dialect, a creature must make a DC 10 Intelligence check. Failure means that whatever message was being conveyed is either misinterpreted, or the creature simply doesn't understand.

By spending a week in study with someone fluent in the opposite dialect, both creatures can learn the other dialect with a DC 14 Intelligence check. Or spend a bonus language.

-Link to the "Full" description of the world is HERE (I don't expect you to read it all, it is quite a lot )

-Link to standard races' to statistics is HERE

-Link to the campaign world Gods is HERE (this is also on the world page but in case you don't want to scroll down two post ...)

-For people who can bend reality to their will (aka wizards and Clerics et. al.) I suggest you read THIS
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-08-14 at 06:21 PM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I just hope you don't mind me inserting a jedi order like organisation who worship the two dragons into my backstory.

EDIT: Xapham, the half Viksalsi Belial is completed in both fluff and crunch. Claiming Purple
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-08-14 at 06:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Dracarias claims orange again. And I'm off!
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm, then i shall claim Navy Blue.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

RED Please.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I shall claim This colour

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Yas: Backstory checks out, I don't mind you inserting an order.

@ R2d2go: If you haven't already, you might want to close the recruitment thread.
    If I had one ...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

for kicking the story off. I would like to identify the people that know each in character.

For now, I am assuming:

Dracarius, Clarence, Pyrom and Zander. All know each other, or at least have been acquainted through the University. And that it would not be uncommon for them to hang out after hours.

while Xapham and Gorthax have been hired independently.

However, in Xapham's backstory, it mentions tagging along to protect a group a mages from the University, (meaning that they are from the University, not that the University is hunting them ). I am wondering if you mean the above group, or a different independent group. Either is fine, I would just like clarification.

Also, now would be an appropriate time to tell me if any of the characters have any personal habits they do after hours (Gorthax obviously goes drinking unless you say otherwise.).
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-08-14 at 02:26 PM.
    If I had one ...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

i didnt write it down because i could not find a cost, but i have a modest little library in my handysack whenever i go out and about of the city.

In case it wasn't clear my hobby, and what i do when i don't have other more pressing matters, is reading. This includes afterhours too!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm ok with knowing anyone who wants to know me.

My character likes to play with low level illusions on his free time (maybe playing practical jokes) and listening in on random conversations.

Also a note, I'm casting Nystul's magic aura everyday on one of magic items to remove their magic aura so I'm marking one of my first level spells off.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gorthax probably doesn't know anyone else in the group. Most of his spare time is spent in taverns drinking away his money as fast as he earns it. The only person he is likely to have come across or heard of is Xapham - being in a similar line of work.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamilarRaven View Post
    for kicking the story off. I would like to identify the people that know each in character.

For now, I am assuming:

Dracarius, Clarence, Pyrom and Zander. All know each other, or at least have been acquainted through the University. And that it would not be uncommon for them to hang out after hours.

while Xapham and Gorthax have been hired independently.

However, in Xapham's backstory, it mentions tagging along to protect a group a mages from the University, (meaning that they are from the University, not that the University is hunting them ). I am wondering if you mean the above group, or a different independent group. Either is fine, I would just like clarification.

Also, now would be an appropriate time to tell me if any of the characters have any personal habits they do after hours (Gorthax obviously goes drinking unless you say otherwise.).
    I think you should read this line once more "mission of guarding wizard researchers of Zera's Arcane University in Lorethos from the attacks of Solaktik Empire."

He was guarding them from the Venmerans until the main character signed up.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-08-14 at 05:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The recruitment thread has been using the "Filled" for awhile

Anyway... my hobbies are the same as my job - research I'll get up at midnight to use my spells before I start recovering them, just so I can test some new theory. I'm currently working on a study on the practical application of single-use magic items, as well as field testing Stone Shape and Blockade as alternatives to Wall of Stone.

On another note... With Stone Shape, could I, say, reshape the area in front of a doorway into a wall that blocks the doorway, while simultaneously making the reshaped area leave spikes in front of said wall?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    I think you should read this line once more "mission to the Zera's Arcane University in Lorethos to guard wizard researchers from the attacks of Solaktik Empire."

He is guarding them from the Venmerans.
    OOOOOOOOH, I see that now, my bad, failed my spot check pretty hard there. I'll factor that in.

Minor nitpick, Solaktic Empire is made up primarily of Humans, but reading over the world info summary, I seen that I've missed the segment on them, so once again the fault lies with me there.

In case you're wondering, your character concept works perfectly. I just borked up. But I guess it's good I make these mistake now instead of later.

So you're protecting OTHER wizard researchers, and are not some independently hired individual.

EDIT: @ r2d2go: Well, 10 cubic feet +1 cubic foot per level. You can mold it any which way you want, as long as it's one continuous piece of stone.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-08-14 at 06:16 PM.
    If I had one ...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOOOOOOOH, I see that now, my bad, failed my spot check pretty hard there. I'll factor that in.

Minor nitpick, Solaktic Empire is made up primarily of Humans, but reading over the world info summary, I seen that I've missed the segment on them, so once again the fault lies with me there.

In case you're wondering, your character concept works perfectly. I just borked up. But I guess it's good I make these mistake now instead of later.

So you're protecting OTHER wizard researchers, and are not some independently hired individual.

EDIT: @ r2d2go: Well, 10 cubic feet +1 cubic foot per level. You can mold it any which way you want, as long as it's one continuous piece of stone.
    I changed it now to generally covering all arcanists there until our two main wizards signed up which is when he got assigned to them as a bodyguard (tanking and sniping). I ditched sonokineticist. I think I might choose another class to fill in those levels. I am not sure if I can take weapon specialization or not because it requires fighter level 4. Borked, it should be humans. Yes, it should be. *facepalm*
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-08-14 at 06:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Excellent so how detailed or sharp could I make spikes or blades? For example, if they were 2.16 feet high, could I make them sharp enough to stab into people's feet?

Edit: Actually, for a 3 foot diameter circle, I can make it 2.54 feet deep... 1.43 at 4 foot diameter. What sort of reflex saves/damage rolls would be on this? I can make a knowledge (arcana) check if you want - note that my backstory involves developing this theory, this is a field test for it
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-08-14 at 06:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

from what I can surmise based off of the SRD for pit traps (filled with spike). They do damage as dagger (so 1d4), +1 per 10ft of falling (up to +5). if there is multiple spikes, then a creature is hit by 1d4 spikes. The DC to avoid falling into a COVERED (disguised) pit trap is reflex 20, but if you are casting the spell underneath someone, hoping they would fall, then the DC is set as normal (i.e 10 + Spell Level + INT mod) reflex save.

Since DnD provides no average length for a dagger, and since after 2 minutes of searching Wikipedia has given me no indication of length of an average dagger. I am goign to assume that a dagger meant for a medium sized creature has a blade 1 foot long, a large has blade 2 feet long, a huge has a blade 4 feet long etc. So a blade 2.16 feet high deals 1d6 points of damage. however, people are going to have to fall on to them for them to actually deal damage, unless creatures are unarmored.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-08-14 at 07:01 PM.
    If I had one ...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

from what I can surmise based off of the SRD for pit traps (filled with spike). They do damage as dagger (so 1d4), +1 per 10ft of falling (up to +5). if there is multiple spikes, then a creature is hit by 1d4 spikes. The DC to avoid falling into a COVERED (disguised) pit trap is reflex 20, but if you are casting the spell underneath someone, hoping they would fall, then the DC is set as normal (i.e 10 + Spell Level + INT mod) reflex save.

Since DnD provides no average length for a dagger, and since after 2 minutes of searching Wikipedia has given me no indication of length of an average dagger. I am goign to assume that a dagger meant for a medium sized creature has a blade 1 foot long, a large has blade 2 feet long, a huge has a blade 4 feet long etc. So a blade 2.16 feet high deals 1d6 points of damage. however, people are going to have to fall on to them for them to actually deal damage, unless creatures are unarmored.
    Alright, cool

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Familiar, I beseech you for your advice. Can I take weapon specialization with my feat slot at level 6?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

lol - this is why I like playing fighter-type characters. Is it dead? No? I'll hit it again...Is it dead ?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Familiar, I beseech you for your advice. Can I take weapon specialization with my feat slot at level 6?
    Sure. No one else is playing a fighter, so I see no reason to to make it fighter exclusive. This means anyone can take it if they want to, provided they meet all the pre-reqs (other than being a fighter, of course). Instead of the fighter requirement I'll say you need a BaB of +4.
    If I had one ...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

@ R2d2go: I believe you have yet to officially declare a dialogue color in this thread.
    If I had one ...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Dracarias has a tendency for meditation, followed by moving around a lot really fast. Also, he's a vegetarian (Wu-Jen Taboo)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Familiar, I cannot qualify for weapon specialization for the moment. Can I take dead eye shot from dragon magazine compendium?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Dracarias has a tendency for meditation, followed by moving around a lot really fast. Also, he's a vegetarian (Wu-Jen Taboo)
    Ah thanks. I forgot to ask what your taboos were. That's good to know.

Familiar, I cannot qualify for weapon specialization for the moment. Can I take dead eye shot from dragon magazine compendium?

I can only find the Deadeye Shot from PHB2, which states

By firing just as your ally connects with a blow, you take advantage of the distraction to strike the same enemy when his guard is ruined. If you ready a ranged attack to occur when an ally strikes a particular target, and your ally succeeds, that target loses his Dexterity bonus to AC against your attack.
    is that the one you're talking about? If so, then yeah that's fine. If not, please link/quote the feat.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-08-14 at 08:30 PM.
    If I had one ...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ah thanks. I forgot to ask what your taboos were. That's good to know.

I can only find the Deadeye Shot from PHB2, which states

is that the one you're talking about? If so, then yeah that's fine. If not, please link/quote the feat.
    Nvm, you need 17 dex to take it. It is here.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Ah, sorry Raven. Can I take... everything that I put up that nobody called? If not, Blue seems nice. Or darkPurple.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-08-14 at 08:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

yeah, your gonna have to choose one. Blue is fine. It's simpler that way and I can grab more colors for the NPC's (cause I'm greedy! Muahahahahaaa...)
    If I had one ...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

yeah, your gonna have to choose one. Blue is fine. It's simpler that way and I can grab more colors for the NPC's (cause I'm greedy! Muahahahahaaa...)
    Alright is there a planned date for IC?
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-08-14 at 09:14 PM.