New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [Miniature Question] - Anyone know if ...

Not sure if this kinda topic would go here, sorry in advance if it doesn't.

However i was trying to look around and could not seem to find a miniature of a Elf / Dark Elf / Drow mini that is Dual Wielding two hand crossbows

If one doesn't exists are there minis out there that have open hands and weapons that i could put on and superglue myself? to make a mini of this?

Also anyone know of some good sites for buying minis for Fantasy based games (D&D Mainly but doesnt have to be D&D brand)
    Last edited by Zertryx; 2014-09-07 at 03:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Miniature Question] - Anyone know if ...

Reaper Minis, most of them are Die Cast (not great but not horrid either) but they are expanding their Bones line which are plastic. Heres a link to their Figurefinder: http://www.reapermini.com/figurefind...Elf%20Crossbow

Sadly i didnt find one who was dual wielding hand crossbows but i found a few that had them. Also you may have more luck searching for a basic elf as it would give you more to work with and you could just paint them black as the minis are unpainted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Warmachine mini of Eyriss might get you most of the way, but if I remember it correctly it has a hand crossbow in one hand and a short blade in the other...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, you can't consistently wield two hand crossbows. It takes both hands to load one. You'd be forever setting each one down to load the other.
    Last edited by Jay R; 2014-09-08 at 07:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

The Dark Elves of Warhammer love both hand crossbows and dual wielding. I'm sure there's one that has both.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

There is a female drow miniature from one of the official Dungeons & Dragons prepainted plastic lines (now discontinued) that is dual-wielding hand crossbows (if I recall correctly).

But yes, Reaper is probably the single best place to find a wide variety of well-made fantasy miniatures.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Yeah i have searched the "Reaper Minis" i do like the look of them and my brother had bought a few but no luck with what i was looking for.

I have also tried just searching for elfs / Humans who are dual wielding crossbows but again no luck there either, I'll have a look into the warhammer ones haven't checked there yet.

What i was hoping to find is a place that you can buy a base mini (character in a pose with free hands) and then buy sets of weapons to glue onto the hands that way i could just buy a figure and 2 hand crossbows and make it myself. if anyone knows a site like this id be more than grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Of course, you can't consistently wield two hand crossbows. It takes both hands to load one. You'd be forever setting each one down to load the other.
    Well in 4e i took two-fisted shooter which allows me to use handcross bows in my off hand and reload one handed (this is how people are able to wield a sword / hand crossbow) most the dual crossbow thing is mostly flavor anyways

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

There is a website called Hero Forge that is launching towards the end of this year where you will be able to completely build a custom miniature (from a group of different selected parts - from hairstyle, to armor, to weapons in each hand, to pose) and then have them 3D print it and ship it to you.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous