3 1.38%
  • Haven't, would try

2 0.92%
  • Haven't, wouldn't try

3 1.38%
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [D&D] Who's playing?

It's usually a safe assumption to make that most people out there are playing D&D, being the biggest game and all. So I'm genuinely curious as to how many people on these boards are playing, or have played D&D (any edition, as long as it was actually called D&D*). Go with whatever reflects your current status - ie are you playing right now?

Bear in mind its a public poll. If you've got any comments on your choice, post them here.

*I mean every edition that was branded D&D, whether OD&D, AD&D or D&D 3.x. What doesn't count are the hordes of D&D-a-likes or customisations of AD&D1 like C&C, OSRIC, Basic Fantasy, or indeed D20/OGL rules-sets like Iron Heroes, Blue Rose and so on.
    Last edited by Kiero; 2007-03-10 at 11:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D] Who's playing?

Played (O)D&D, (A)D&D 1.x, (A)D&D 2.x and D&D 3.x. We play whichever one is suitable for any given Module, but my long term D&D Campaign is House Ruled and Home Brewed (A)D&D 2.x, though I haven't had time to play it for a while.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2007-03-10 at 11:54 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's not my first choice, but it's what's there, so yeah. Not something I'd run, though.
    Exchange of Realities: For writers, for gamers, for those who want to be both. Check it out!

Rule #1: When in doubt, try to intimidate the army.

"And bring me some tea!" Tuyet avatar by me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Again I posted a similar poll on RPGnet and got very different results (though still a lot of people currently playing).
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

I have only played D&D 3.x, but if something else was to catch my interested I wouldn't mind trying it.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

The Inner Sanctum. Gender: I haven't checked yet.

The second option can pertain to if I used to play avidly but am on a haitus, right? If so, then that's my vote.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Town Characters, pictured left to right:

State Namesake District Revenant (With Ms. E's Iris) Malleo Morbius Deckard and Dexter
    for State, Malleo, District
    for Morbius
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrmore View Post
    Many people have asked themselves; What is the ultimate moment-killer?
    The real ultimate moment-killer is a giant horde of zombies.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I play dnd and have for 7 years or so.... but I don't have the luxury of it being safe to assume that most people here (holland) play dnd. most people don't know what it is/have never heard of it/assume I mean the movie.... I have to explain constantly!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

i got the ability to pay for my D&D habbit right as the first core books came out for 3.0 i feel kinda bad about it when people talk about DR and whatnot for 2nd i know it was verry different, and now considered unbalanced, but its something i really wanted to experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I just recently found a new DM, who has been DMing for nearly 2 decades, in a world he created using the D&D rules. He's getting ready to start a new series of adventures, and I've already got my Character rolled up. Just waiting now for schedules and such to gel up among the other players he's lining up for the game.
    As the Troll Masterchef was wont to sing : "There's no Race like Gnome for the Hollendaise".

Spoiler
    Show

DM of the Arena: " Gareth goes to swing his Great Axe over his head. Gareth ( roll, roll) trips over his big toe and spins in mid air, landing flat on his back. The Great Axe returns and lands blade first in the center of his chest, causing 21 damage."

Spoiler
    Show
    NG Halfling Sorcerer (6th )

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 14
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 15

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kiero View Post
    Again I posted a similar poll on RPGnet and got very different results (though still a lot of people currently playing).
    Hardly surprising, given that that's a general RPG forum and this is a D&D forum.

(In fact, the percentage of people currently playing D&D over on RPGnet is surprisingly high to me.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought this was supposed to be a general RPG forum, rather than only D&D one?
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

12. - Top - End - #12

I thought this was supposed to be a general RPG forum, rather than only D&D one?
    I think this is a "general" RPG forum in the sense that it's about "D&D and other RPGs as well." To a lot of people, lets not forget, "D&D" and "RPG" mean the exact same thing.

Oh, and I have played D&D, would do again, but it's not my first choice.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    It's not my first choice, but it's what's there, so yeah. Not something I'd run, though.
    This statement confused me.

I run D&D 3.5 and a Shadowrun game.

14. - Top - End - #14

Played AD&D, AD&D 2ndE, D&D 3.x

i play others sometimes but d&D is easiest to find

15. - Top - End - #15

AssassinGuy

I'm playing WoW d20 at the moment, pretty much the same as 3.5. If fact I'm using some 3.5 books too.

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm in between D&D campaigns at the moment (I play 3.5 when I do). At the moment, I'm running an Exalted game.

17. - Top - End - #17

I played 2nd edition until the late ninties, then I played about a year with 3rd in 2002. I don't really think I will play it much anymore, but I can still suffer bouts of nostalgia.

I currently play CoC, DG, and sometimes Pendragon, TW2000, Hârn or Feng Shui.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm currently playing Pendragon, Eberron (D&D 3.5, but I've seen ports to other good systems - I'd love to try it with FATE/Spirit of the Century sometime), and Star Wars d20. I've played a lot of Dragonlance 3.5 over the past four years but that campaign wrapped up a few months ago.

I GM Game of Thrones d20 and Dogs in the Vineyard.

I want to play Warhammer FRP, a Middle Earth game using Burning Wheel, and Qin: Warring States.
    Last edited by clarkvalentine; 2007-04-09 at 08:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

You need a "Yes I've played it, no I'm not currently playing it, maybe I'll play it again in the future option". I'm back on GURPS (which I think is a superior system)

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Jayabalard View Post
    You need a "Yes I've played it, no I'm not currently playing it, maybe I'll play it again in the future option". I'm back on GURPS (which I think is a superior system)
    "Have done, would again" is the second option on the list.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Hemmens View Post
    "Have done, would again" is the second option on the list.
    "maybe I'll play it in the future" isn't the same as "would again" ... I'm actually leaning more to the "not again" category at the moment, but you never know what the future holds.
    Last edited by Jayabalard; 2007-04-09 at 09:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Have played, am playing, will play. I'd use a different system, but this is what everyone knows best, and familiarity lends a lot to the experience.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of adventurers, for you are expendable and full of EXP.

Overblown fantasy action/adventure/comedy/drama/spoof. Updates M/W/F

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Am playing, actually one of the DM/admins on my online chat (see .sig), and loving it.

I have been playing/running for a long time, many games, but I always find my way back to D&D it seems. While I am curious about M&M, I am mobility limited and no one around here plays.

D&D may not be the gawthiest, l33t3st or kewlest game, but it's the one I enjoy most.

Join us at Terres: Shadow of the Dark Gods, a free online Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition campaign.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got into it recently and am in the middle of a campaign at the moment (make that two, actually). Definitely would play it in the future, although I'm not adverse to trying out other systems as well if the opportunity arises.
    Last edited by Lòkki Gallansbayne; 2007-04-09 at 03:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lolth View Post
    gawthiest
    gawth-what?
    Wushu Open Reloaded

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

gawth-what?
    I'm assuming it's a slight mangling of 'gothiest', which isn't really a word either so it's okay to mangle it.

Gothiest would mean 'most goth', and D&D is not nearly as goth as, say, vampire the masquerade.

Which I have played, for a few years when I was an angsty, black wearing teenager. Along with D&D for approximately 50% of my life (20 now, started at age 10).
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleh, never played vampire. Being a suckhead never appealed to me in the slightest. Nor any other stripe of monster, the only White Wolf game I ever liked was Mage. At least then you got to be human.
    Wushu Open Reloaded

28. - Top - End - #28

I pretty much play D&D 3.5 nigh-exclusively.
    More than one RPG takes more time than I have.
    That said, I have played Shadowrun and such in the past and would again. I love Shadowrun trolls.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I have played D&D 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5. I like it the best.
    A silent knight is better than a holey knight.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

I started out, (in the long, long, ago,) as an AD&D player, and moved on to other systems when I went to college. [20+ years as a Rolemaster GM.] Since discovering OotS and its fora, I have begun playing in my first PbP game, which is D&D 3.5 based.
    Nod. Get treat.