New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Whats VP mean?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Question Whats VP mean?

in the book heroes of battle. on Pg 25. there is an example of a flow chart. in side it will say something like "VP +90 per wyvern" or "Wyverns retreat +20 VP"

whats VP? ( i dont hink it has anything to do with wyverns despite my examples)
    Last edited by Cowboy_ninja; 2007-03-17 at 10:21 PM. Reason: heroes of BATTLE not horror

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: Whats VP mean?

Victory Points; essentially a way of keeping track of which side is winning when a DM is trying to run a large pitched battle. I think the book you're referencing is Heroes of Battle, thats where Victory Points and flow charts noting them are commonly found.

-Blue
    "For so long I have had no fear of death, but now I am vulnerable, mortal and free." --Saerith Soultouched

"The ends never justify the means --unless they do, of course. The problem is deciding when the means are justified and when they are not, and of course the other problem is that one can never really know the truth of the matter until it is too late." --Soranyi of the Hidden Kingdom.

+ Christian itP +

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Whats VP mean?

*nod*

They are there so that the PCs can "turn the tide" in a battle without having to solo-kill the bulk of the enemy army...