New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Is Legend dead?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Is Legend dead?

Guys, I don't see any updates on the official website for almost an year. Did Legend die after Doc Roc abandoned the project?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Is Legend dead?

You may want to PM afroakuma - if he's not still in charge he would probably know who is.

Or he may show up here, or someone else still affiliated with it?

One problem I see though is that 5e seems to have scooped up the majority of the "I like neither 3e, 4e nor PF" crowd that would have been their target audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Legend has a lot going for it as its own product, I must say. It does some things better than 3.5, PF, or 5e. There are others which each of those do better, of course. But there's a definite niche, I think, for its brand of rules-weight.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You may want to PM afroakuma - if he's not still in charge he would probably know who is.

Or he may show up here, or someone else still affiliated with it?

One problem I see though is that 5e seems to have scooped up the majority of the "I like neither 3e, 4e nor PF" crowd that would have been their target audience.
    Basically this. I played Legend and E6 for a long while, but 5E is easier for my players and flows better.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't it essentially done anyways? At the very least, it's in a playable state.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Isn't it essentially done anyways? At the very least, it's in a playable state.
    Yeah, it's completely playable as is (I'm using it with my group right now). However, a monster book would be a huge boon since as-is you have to stat up every monster from scratch yourself. Last I checked they are indeed still working on it, albeit slowly. The devs said they didn't want to post to the front page without something significant to report.