New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Ugh, you're right, that class is unacceptable.
    Hey, I personally like that class! You don't see me dissing paladins or cavaliers, just because they're not my favorite class, now do you?
    Also, why is it "Unnacceptable"? It's no worse(to me) than any other martial class. What makes it so special?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Can do! *salute*

Oh, we can go all night if you want.
    Not sure if that's an inuendo or if you actually mean go all night long...

I call dibs, Psybomb is mine! All mine!
    Double dibs.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I'd be down, though if it's on Myth-Weavers, as Psybomb seems to prefer, I'll stand aside. I always forget to check over there.

I'd probably give Gareth's new Mystic archetype a shot.
    :o

I was about to complain about your posting rate, but then you posted. <3

You're support.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Hey, I personally like that class! You don't see me dissing paladins or cavaliers, just because they're not my favorite class, now do you?
    Gunslingers rely on the gun rules, which are wonky and pretty bad. Misfires, touch attacks, gold costs, and reloading are all out of whack.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

There's like... a ton of people interested from what I can gather, though. Hmph.
    If I get 6-8 applicants, I can run two instances. It's fluff-light, so keeping up with it won't be a problem. I just need people to stay with it, last time I DMed I had two simultaneous games fail to make it past the first room before falling apart. Eight players, maybe two active between them.

I don't like running large-group in PbP, mostly because it drags things down. I'll have a campaign HQ set up on Myth-Weavers soon, unless someone vehemently objects.

EDIT: Mind if I sig that, Snowbluff?
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-04-16 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    If I get 6-8 applicants, I can run two instances. It's fluff-light, so keeping up with it won't be a problem. I just need people to stay with it, last time I DMed I had two simultaneous games fail to make it past the first room before falling apart. Eight players, maybe two active between them.

I don't like running large-group in PbP, mostly because it drags things down. I'll have a campaign HQ set up on Myth-Weavers soon, unless someone vehemently objects.
    I'd rather have a long game and use GitP, but the site is negotiable. It's just that everyone would have be on 2 sites to keep with me and your game.
    EDIT: Mind if I sig that, Snowbluff?
    Sure.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 05:56 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #396

I'd rather have a long game and use GitP, but the site is negotiable. It's just that everyone would have be on 2 sites to keep with me and your game.
    I'm so confused...

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunslingers rely on the gun rules, which are wonky and pretty bad. Misfires, touch attacks, gold costs, and reloading are all out of whack.
    Sure, some of the rules can be pretty wonky, but they're simple once you actually use them. I'm going to paraphrase the rules here and include opinions.

Misfires: "If the gun rolls (usually) a one on the attack roll, it misfires. Misfiring causes the gun to gain the broken condition, and makes the misfire value rise by X(so with a misfire value of one, if you misfire, you go up to 1-3 or 1-5 potentially). Rolling in the misfire value again with the gun still broken causes early firearms to explode, doing <I forget> and advanced firearms do nothing." Yeah, this rule can be pretty annoying, especially if you only have one <early> gun and roll badly with it twice, but otherwise adds a dash of risk to playing, which can be fun.

Touch Attacks: "Firearms target Touch AC. Specifically, early firearms target Touch AC only within the first range increment, while advanced firearms target touch AC out to the fifth range increment. This attack is not considered to be a touch attack for the purposes of feats, such as Deadly Aim, etc." Makes firearms pretty strong compared to bows, and easier to hit with. And let's be honest, what sort of armor is gonna stop a bullet traveling at <near> the speed of sound, even if it's magical? Makes high dexterity folks, as well as deflection and size bonuses more important the more guns are lying around in the setting, be forewarned.

Gold Costs: Just a comment here, yeah, these are bloody expensive, which is why I'm glad Gunslingers basically get a free gun that they can upgrade to masterwork with the Gunsmithing feat at first level. However, depending on the level of firearm advancement, gold costs become more or less irrelevant, as they approach normal weapon costs. Bullets can also add up, unless you're allowed to make your own bullets(you should stick one point into Craft[Alchemy] as a gunslinger, this will help your gold supply a bunch)

Reloading: "Early firearms take a standard action to reload one barrel if they are one handed, and a full-round action if they are two-handed (fun fact, revolutionary war soldiers actually took 30 seconds to reload their muskets. Adventurers are really above the stock [heh, gun pun], aren't they?). Advanced firearms take a move action to fully load, no matter the size of the gun (I love advanced firearms). Using the Rapid Reload feat and/or cartridges drops these actions to the specified action, and stack with each other." Firearms tend to significantly lag behind bows in terms of attacks per round unless you spend the money/feat slots on reducing the time. Kind of balances them I guess?
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure.
    I can keep running it longterm if people stick with it. I just like MW better for location because I basically get my own forum, which makes it easier to run. I'll put up the link tonight. While I use Roll20 for maps, it will not be required of players this time (though it will help)

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds good. ;D

Were you going to sig my quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm so confused...
    I want to keep it on GitP so the collective doesn't have to check muptiple sites. It hard matters, though.

I want a longer game bcause character development and involvement.

Touch attacks for firearms were supposed to balanced by misfireds. Grod's Law. The math doesn't turn out that way, and it's just a pain when it happens. It doesn't fit with the game model. It's not realistic, either.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 06:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

I would be interested, not sure as what yet, but sure as Abaddon know my race(if we're allowed to use content from these threads).

Touch attacks for firearms were supposed to balanced by misfireds. Grod's Law. The math doesn't turn out that way, and it's just a pain when it happens. It doesn't fit with the game model. It's not realistic, either.
    I suppose so, but I don't find the mechanic all that annoying/broken to use if the GM and/or player knows what they're doing. Also, what exactly isn't realistic, the Touch AC bit or the misfire bit?
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-16 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Redundant Department of Redundancy
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm at my character limit, and taking care of my 2-week-old atm. It'll be up tonight when I finish

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm at my character limit, and taking care of my 2-week-old atm. It'll be up tonight when I finish
    Coolio! I don't know what I want to be yet, though.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

If I could get some level range or something. I know who I want to play, but getting it work will take some work.

I want Kel, Elric, LoyalPaladin (sorry about Other), and Weasel in my team. D:

Oh, you have a little child. It's not mine?

Cute.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 06:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground

I read it. I think I get it. Gonna read the PFSRD now. Smiting is awesome. Sorcerers are awesome. Charisma is the best. Etc.
    The Starsoul Bloodline Sorcerer is my favorite thing in Pathfinder.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

If I could get some level range or something. I know who I want to play, but getting it work will take some work.

I want Kel, Elric, LoyalPaladin (sorry about Other), and Weasel in my team. D:

Oh, you have a little child. It's not mine?

Cute.
    It could be a 2-week old puppy! Nothing to worry about at all! It-- It's not like he's cheating on you or anything! C-calm down, p-please! Did I do it right?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

It could be a 2-week old puppy! Nothing to worry about at all! It-- It's not like he's cheating on you or anything! C-calm down, p-please!

Oh, ask NeoPhoenix if that matters!
    >:O

You've done good, kid, and sorry again about the cat.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?&g=23015

No sections up yet, so don't post. Rules are there, though

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?&g=23015

No sections up yet, so don't post. Rules are there, though
    Ooh! I actually have a Kasatha MoMS monk made to those exact specifications! Cat? Whaddya mean?

Edit: Argh, I also want to use my race though. It's so hard to choose! Although I guess, technically, I could take Physiological Memory to pick up the Multi-armed racial trait from the Kasatha, because it's a racial ability. (I wouldn't actually do that, since that would be cheesy and silly)
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-16 at 07:28 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

As a homebrewer, I feel like making somethings relating to the deity made for me. Anyone else feel the same way for theirs or others?

I can see classes, creatures, archetypes under pathfinder, domains (and subdomains) for things not covered under existing content, maybe stat blocks for some if appropriate.

Should I?
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-04-16 at 07:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh! I actually have a Kasatha MoMS monk made to those exact specifications! Cat? Whaddya mean?

Edit: Argh, I also want to use my race though. It's so hard to choose! Although I guess, technically, I could take Physiological Memory to pick up the Multi-armed racial trait from the Kasatha, because it's a racial ability. (I wouldn't actually do that, since that would be cheesy and silly)
    I'd prefer you not use the Kasatha, the cheese there borders on the high end of cheddar.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd prefer you not use the Kasatha, the cheese there borders on the high end of cheddar.
    Hmmmm... Yeah they are rather powerful as a race I guess, but they're still not as powerful as a Svirfneblin. *shudders*
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Applications are now open. I'll form groups once I get enough completed apps, so if you have a team you want to make I suggest encouraging your buddies to hurry.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

23. - Top - End - #413

Applications are now open. I'll form groups once I get enough completed apps, so if you have a team you want to make I suggest encouraging your buddies to hurry.
    Okay! How do I do this! Snowbluff! Paladin in need!

24. - Top - End - #414

BardGuy

Do I get a deity yet? I've been really patient. Do you know how hard it is for a bard with ADD to be patient?

See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

I submitted my story and feat build. A complete build will be posted soon.

Okay! How do I do this! Snowbluff! Paladin in need!
    Need help with a build? PM me.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 08:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Do I get a deity yet? I've been really patient. Do you know how hard it is for a bard with ADD to be patient?
    I thought you already received one. Hmmmm... I'm too lazy to go digging, but I seem to remember you getting one. And please, I had to wait about five pages before I got my deity, and despite being a monk at heat, patience is NOT something I do well.

Also, @Snowbluff, your application isn't showing up in the applications folder. Did you make it private? I wanna see!
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-16 at 08:11 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post

If I could get my brain running to make a deity proper, I'd make you one. Im sure someone will do it, the questions are simply who and when.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Also, @Snowbluff, your application isn't showing up in the applications folder. Did you make it private? I wanna see!
    Um, I'm not even sure how to check my own ones... *shrug*

Psybomb, can you help show it to them?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 08:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419

BardGuy

I thought you already received one.
    I have a character who eventually ascended to godhood but I don't have a deity myself yet. Totally not the same thing.

Let's get in gear, people!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, I'm not even sure how to check my own ones... *shrug*

Psybomb, can you help show it to them?
    It isn't in the Apps folder yet, but here is what you sent me for joining the game. Just make a thread in Apps to put your actual application up when you're ready

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff
    I'm planning on playing a Crimson Countess Harbinger6. It's been a while since I singleclassed. I'll be focusing on claiming and dealing damage.

Feats are looking like:

Catch Off Guard
    Dark Authority
    Grasp of Darkness

My character's basic story is this:

Tristana Blackwillow was a middleclass jewelry maker. On the day before her wedding, her fiance was murdered along with most of her familiar. Those who survived were chained up and tortured. Tristana was the only once to survive. Her tormenter grew disinterested and left. Fortunately, she had grown emaciated enough to slip out of the chains. She had escaped, but at great cost. Her right eye was scarred and useless. She had a pattern of dots on that side, burn scarred from pinpointed torture. Her right hand was missing a pinkie and the pointer finger was missing its end. That's just the damage that is visible.

She reported the murderer to the authorities. The top paladin, Captain Hari, was sent out to find him, but came back empty handed. The former blackguard and current ruler of the city, Mayor Bekin, dismissed him without punishment.

Later, the outraged Blackwillow was invited to tea with the Mayor. He apologized for the lack of progress, claiming that the paladin would not incarcerate a man he believed could be redeemed. The Mayor and Paladin were old friends, and despite their different alignments they both worked to maintain order. A paladin who left bread thieves and beggars go without punishment was more beneficial that not having one at all. Blackwillow was unhappy, but Mayor Bekin told her about a loophole. Technically, murdering her assailant would technically be an act of self defense rather than vigilantism.

Her path was clear. She much kill the man who ruined her life. There was one problem, though. She wasn't the same anymore. She couldn't help but harm the well-to-do and happy, and frequently hunted murderers illegally. It quickly became clear to Blackwillow, now know as the serial killer "Scorpion," that she was hopelessly insane. It was only a matter of time before she would not be able to keep what was left of her together...

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE