New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I have no inspiration for those levels, and it's already a pretty powerful class IMO
    Maybe just some skill bonuses, +2 at second and +4 at 4th?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Maybe just some skill bonuses, +2 at second and +4 at 4th?
    A bonus to Charisma at those levels would be fitting and not too OP.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

I have no inspiration for those levels, and it's already a pretty powerful class IMO
    Well, it's got some good ways around cold immunity and reduction versus mind affecting, but not many abilities to go with that.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    A bonus to Charisma at those levels would be fitting and not too OP.
    Hm. I guess that works, since it's a noncasting class. Typing the bonuses as inherent would be a good balancing factor.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's got some good ways around cold immunity and reduction versus mind affecting, but not many abilities to go with that.
    Well it does have freezing anger and Yandere Death Stare, so there's that. I just slapped on a charisma increase, because I'm lazy.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

6. - Top - End - #126

Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-01 at 09:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

No problem! The trick to making the tables not run off the edge of the screen is to place strategic hard returns. Or set a column width, e.g. table="width:500".
    Actually, when I tried using that same format on minmax, which uses similar coding (I even copied and pasted Elf Bloodline without editing for giantitp), it was a mess because the benefits and ranks didn't mesh together. Titles/Ranks all stayed at a uniform distance from each other, while benefits went very deep by comparison, it looked ugly.

Will edit in a response to that PrC.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Actually, when I tried using that same format on minmax, which uses similar coding (I even copied and pasted Elf Bloodline without editing for giantitp), it was a mess because the benefits and ranks didn't mesh together. Titles/Ranks all stayed at a uniform distance from each other, while benefits went very deep by comparison, it looked ugly.
    The table classes are site specific. They're really just a collection of parameters set to useful values. IDK how you query them.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    *awesomeness*
    Wow, that is a thing of beauty.

Spiked Chain Proficiency, the most Rudisplorked melee weapon of them all.
    Animated Shields, I've never used them or seen them used, but I've heard good things about them.

Warblade entry, Factotum entry, Caster entry... Psion entry (I should learn Psion).. Artificer-lite, Super-Chameleon, 's'all good.

The Super Chameleon stuff is based on the list of Classes I enjoy, isn't it?

I like how the gods are regarded as petty and vengeful, it's almost exactly like just about every religion ever.

If it were someone else's PrC, I would be insanely jealous that they got a Class that allows players to change their Class to suit how they want to play. It's even got the Druid/Monk Hit Die.

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    The table classes are site specific. They're really just a collection of parameters set to useful values. IDK how you query them.
    There was a thread recently, Wizard Competition I, I had submitted a Wizard of my own creation to be judged as to whether or not the DM of the game they're a character in, is crazy and should kick my arse. Xamnim and his Spells were copied and pasted from Notepad, the Elf Bloodline was copied and pasted from minmax with no editing.

Finally got a good idea for atemu1234's Race. Comes from the title I've decided on.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    The Super Chameleon stuff is based on the list of Classes I enjoy, isn't it?
    There's a list? I just made an educated guess.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Well it does have freezing anger and Yandere Death Stare, so there's that. I just slapped on a charisma increase, because I'm lazy.
    You're right. That's pretty lazy.

That's why I love you.

Someone bring a mop. Also, is anyone missing from the OP that posted before sweep #2 and has filed the 0208 form with the attachment labeled "B?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-28 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

12. - Top - End - #132

There's a list? I just made an educated guess.
    Third paragraph.

I like a few environment based PrCs, like Urban Soul for Cleric (I'm ripping off Independence Day), but there isn't a lot to make an interesting character who is able to use the world against their opponents. Overall though, I generally like Classes that get cool stuff, regardless of how powerful they are, just as long as they can show how advanced they are by flexing their Class Features. And a Thread of Naught is fully capable of doing just that.

I can't wait for Affiliations now. Will there be just the one Rudisplorkers' Guild? Would there be many? Would there be one based on all Rudisplorkers? Or would they be based on individual Rudisplorkers only? What kind of Rudisplorking would they allow? What happened to the Kelecast?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

You're right. That's pretty lazy.
    That's why I love you.

Someone bring a mop. Also, is anyone missing from the OP that post before sweep #2 and has filed the 0208 form with the attachment labeled "B?"

I'm on break.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Permission is granted, and i didnt miss this one for like a week
    One more before bed.

Harrier Scout
    Hit Die
    d8

Requirements
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Blackhawk Companion
    Skills: Handle Animal 5 Ranks, Spot 5 Ranks

Class Skills
    The Harrier Scout's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
    6 + Int modifier.

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features
    1st +0 +0 +2 +0 Skirmish (+1d6), Sight Link
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +0 Harry
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +1 Skirmish (+1d6, +1AC), Bonus Favored Enemy
    4th +3 +1 +4 +1 Baffle
    5th +3 +1 +4 +1 Skirmish (+2d6, +1AC)
    6th +4 +2 +5 +2 Falter, Bonus Favored Enemy
    7th +5 +2 +5 +2 Skrimish (+2d6, +2 AC)
    8th +6 +2 +6 +2 Pilfer
    9th +6 +3 +6 +3 Skirmish (+3d6, +2 AC), Bonus Favored Enemy
    10th +7 +3 +7 +3 Hide in Plain Sight

Class Features
    All the following are Class Features of the Harrier Scout prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Harrier Scouts gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Skirmish (Ex)
    A Harrier Scout gains the Scout's skirmish ability and progression.

Sight Link
    You gain the ability to see briefly through your hawk's eyes. Using this ability is a full-round action, and you can see through the hawk's eyes only for the round in which you perform this action. At the end of the round, you are fatigued. You can use this ability at will, although if you use it while you are already fatigued, you become exhausted. While seeing through your hawk's eyes, you cannot see through your own eyes. Your raven can be at any distance from you, but it must be on the same plane of existence as you are.

Harry
    As a swift action, you can command your hawk harrier to distract a single opponent within 30 feet of you. The hawk enters that opponent's space. The target must then make a Will
    save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Wis modifier). If the save fails, that opponent takes a -2 penalty to its AC for 1 round.

Bonus Favored Enemy
    You may select an additional favored enemy from the ranger favored enemy list.

Baffle
    You can command your hawk harrier to prevent an opponent from taking advantage of lapses in your defenses. If at the start of your opponent's turn the hawk is in its space, the opponent must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Wis modifier). If the save fails, that opponent cannot make attacks of opportunity for 1 round.

Falter
    You can command your hawk harrier to keep an opponent off balance against enemies. If your hawk occupies its space, that opponent provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening foes even when it takes a 5-foot step. Your hawk harrier automatically follows a target that makes a 5-foot step.

Pilfer
    You can command your hawk harrier to snatch a belonging small enough that the hawk can carry from an enemy. Instead of rolling for the hawk's Slight of Hand, you roll your own Handle Animal check in it's place.

Hide In Plain Sight
    While in any sort of natural terrain, you can use the Hide skill even while being observed.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-29 at 02:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Via IZ42, for Snowbluff!
    Here's one for you, Snowbluff:

Scion of Yandere

As with Elricaltovilla, I can't format tables worth anything, so if someone could do that for me, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Scion of Yandere

HD: D8

Requirements

Alignment: Any Chaotic
    Feats: TBD
    Racial: Any non Iz
    Skills: Bluff 6 ranks, Intimidate 6 ranks

1st +1 +0 +2 +2 Cold Heart, Aura of Moe, Freezing Anger 1d6
    2nd +2 +0 +3 +3 Charisma Increase (+2)
    3rd +3 +1 +3 +3 Freezing Anger 2d6
    4th +4 +1 +4 +4 Charisma Increase (+4)
    5th +4 +1 +4 +4 Freezing Anger 3d6, Frozen Heart, Yandere Death Stare

Skills: Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha), Disguise(Cha), Heal(Wis), Intimidate(Cha), Knowledge Local, Planes, Religion(Int), Perception(Wis), Perform(Cha), Sleight of Hand(Dex), Stealth(Dex), Use Magic Device(Cha)

Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier

Abilities

Cold Heart: A scion of Yandere gains cold resistance ten, and treats cold resistance as 5 lower for their attacks. Immunity to cold counts as resistance 30. Their cold resistance improves to 20 at 3rd level and their resistance bypass improves to 10 at 3rd level.

Aura of Moe: Any living creature that is within 10 ft. per class level (class levels outside of Scion of Yandere count as half) take a -2 penalty to Sense Motive checks and -1 penalty on mind-affecting will saves against the Scion of Yandere. The sense motive penalty increases by 2 and the will penalty increases by 1 at 3rd and 5th level.

Freezing Anger: Your attacks do 1d6 extra cold damage. This improves to 2d6 at 3rd level and 3d6 at 5th level. This stacks with any effect that would grant cold damage to an attack (Such as the frost property on a weapon).

Charisma Increase: At 2nd level, a Scion of Yandere gains a +2 inherent bonus to their Charisma score. This increases to +4 at 4th level.

Frozen Heart: The Scion of Yandere becomes immune to cold damage and bypasses any cold resistance or immunity a given target has. <Something else to improve on this>.

Yandere Death Stare: As a Standard (Full-round maybe) action that does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity, the Scion of Yandere may select one living creature within line of sight. The chosen creature must make a will save with a DC of 10 + ½ Character Level + the Scion’s Charisma Modifier. If the creature fails this save, they are frightened for 1d4+the Scion’s Charisma modifier rounds. If they fail this save by 5 or more, they are instead panicked. If they make this save, they are instead only shaken for a number of rounds equal to the Scion’s Charisma modifier. A Scion of Yandere may use this a number of times per day equal to their Charisma modifier, and a creature may only be targeted by this effect once every 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-29 at 02:42 AM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

RUNESAINT
    Spoiler
    Show

Runes, the language of creation given written form. A runesaint studies these runes, learning them, instilling and inscribing the very purity of their souls into the mystic symbols.

BECOMING A RUNESAINT

To become a Runesaint one must couple extraordinary purity, with the divine blessing to channel the power of creation and the skill to craft the runes themselves.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Feats: 2 Exalted Feats
    Skill: Craft (calligraphy) 8 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, at least 3 of which have the Good descriptor.

Class Skills
    The Saintheart's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (History) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +0
    +0
    +0
    +2
    Bonus Exalted Feat, Scribe Soul Rune
    -
    2nd
    +1
    +0
    +0
    +3
    Saintheart
    +1 level of existing divine class
    3rd
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +3
    Bonus Exalted Feat
    +1 level existing divine class
    4th
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Rune of Will
    5th
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Bonus Exalted Feat, Scribe Greater Soul Rune

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Runesaint gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Bonus Exalted Feat: At 1st, 3rd, and 5th level a Runesaint gains 1 Exalted feat they meet the prerequisites for as a bonus feat.

Scribe Soul Rune (Su): Once per day a Runesaint may inscribe a rune representing themselves upon a number of piece of parchment or cloth equal to their Wisdom modifier (min 1). When a runesaint uses this ability they select one Exalted feat they possess other than Vow of Poverty. A creature may wear the inscribed cloth as a band wrapped around their arm, head, or leg. Any Good aligned creature wearing this rune gains the benefits of the Exalted feat as if they had it themselves (if they act in a way which would cause them to lose the feat such as breaking a vow or acting in an un-exalted manner) they lose the benefit of this ability as if they were not Good though another creature could wear the rune and gain it. These rune cloths retain their potency for 8 hours after which they lose all effects.

Saintheart (Ex): At 2nd level a Runesaint select a number of skills equal to the Exalted feats they possess. They gain a +2 perfection bonus to the selected skills. In addition 1/day they may re-roll a roll with each affected skill but doing so causes them to lose this bonus to that skill until the next day; alternatively they may use this re-roll as a free action usable outside of their turn to instead grant themselves a +2 perfection bonus to their next Will save, they may expend multiple re-rolls in this manner at once to increase this bonus by +2 for each additional re-roll used.

Rune of Will (Su): At 4th level a Runesaint gains the ability to inscribe a Rune of Will upon the forehead of one willing Good aligned creature. Whenever that creature would have to make a Will save the Runesaint makes it instead. If the Runesaint fails the save they both suffer the effects of failure, if they succeed the effect is negated for both creatures (as if with Mettle).

Scribe Greater Soul Rune (Su): Beginning at 5th level when a Runesaint uses their Scribe Soul Rune ability they may select 2 Exalted feats instead of one, and creatures bearing the runes gain the benefits of each feat.
    Awwww. Thanks, Zaydos, I like this a lot! :)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

One more before bed.

Spoiler: Harrier scout
    Show
    Harrier Scout
    Hit Die
    d8

Requirements
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Blackhawk Companion
    Skills: Handle Animal 5 Ranks, Spot 5 Ranks

Class Skills
    The Harrier Scout's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

6 + Int modifier.

1st +0 +0 +2 +0 Skirmish (+1d6), Sight Link
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +0 Harry
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +1 Skirmish (+1d6, +1AC), Bonus Favored Enemy
    4th +3 +1 +4 +1 Baffle
    5th +3 +1 +4 +1 Skirmish (+2d6, +1AC)
    6th +4 +2 +5 +2 Falter, Bonus Favored Enemy
    7th +5 +2 +5 +2 Skrimish (+2d6, +2 AC)
    8th +6 +2 +6 +2 Pilfer
    9th +6 +3 +6 +3 Skirmish (+3d6, +2 AC), Bonus Favored Enemy
    10th +7 +3 +7 +3 Hide in Plain Sight

Class Features
    All the following are Class Features of the Harrier Scout prestige class.

Harrier Scouts gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Skirmish (Ex)
    A Harrier Scout gains the Scout's skirmish ability and progression.

Sight Link
    You gain the ability to see briefly through your hawk's eyes. Using this ability is a full-round action, and you can see through the hawk's eyes only for the round in which you perform this action. At the end of the round, you are fatigued. You can use this ability at will, although if you use it while you are already fatigued, you become exhausted. While seeing through your hawk's eyes, you cannot see through your own eyes. Your raven can be at any distance from you, but it must be on the same plane of existence as you are.

Harry
    As a swift action, you can command your hawk harrier to distract a single opponent within 30 feet of you. The hawk enters that opponent's space. The target must then make a Will
    save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Wis modifier). If the save fails, that opponent takes a -2 penalty to its AC for 1 round.

Bonus Favored Enemy
    You may select an additional favored enemy from the ranger favored enemy list.

Baffle
    You can command your hawk harrier to prevent an opponent from taking advantage of lapses in your defenses. If at the start of your opponent's turn the hawk is in its space, the opponent must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Wis modifier). If the save fails, that opponent cannot make attacks of opportunity for 1 round.

Falter
    You can command your hawk harrier to keep an opponent off balance against enemies. If your hawk occupies its space, that opponent provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening foes even when it takes a 5-foot step. Your hawk harrier automatically follows a target that makes a 5-foot step.

Pilfer
    You can command your hawk harrier to snatch a belonging small enough that the hawk can carry from an enemy. Instead of rolling for the hawk's Slight of Hand, you roll your own Handle Animal check in it's place.

Hide In Plain Sight
    While in any sort of natural terrain, you can use the Hide skill even while being observed.
    Hmmm very spiffy sir
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we take dibs? I have one PrC in mind but it'll probably take forever to write some decent fluff.
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Pine View Post
    Can we take dibs? I have one PrC in mind but it'll probably take forever to write some decent fluff.
    As I'm sure has been stated numerous times throughout all versions of these threads, there's no such thing as dibs, since there is nothing preventing someone from having multiples of any of these. In just this thread alone, both Red Fel, Snowbluff, and myself already have 2 each. And in the Elder Evils thread, I'm pretty sure Fel racked up like 4. So, however long it takes you, it's all good man. Don't rush it because you think someone is going to beat you to a member, do it well and flatter them by giving them yet another special little slice of the creativity pie.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

It's a given that I give permission.
    Zaydian Slayer
    That which doesn't kill you, only makes you... Stranger. - unnamed jester

Background: Since ancient times, before the written word came into being, tribes had rituals in which they revered totems and consumed parts of the enemies to gain their strenght, cunning or other aspects. Some of the earliest shamans and wizards, most notably Korg, even took the beards of beaten enemy spellcasters to add their power to their own. It did not take long for people to do this with other creatures instead and dragons proved to be the ultimate predator to prey on. Zaydian Slayers often operate in duo's or small groups hwere one Zaydian Slayer, as the senior, acts as a guide and teacher for apprentice Zaudian slayers or younger Zaydian Slayers. Seniority is established by order of number of names, hearts and totems.

HD: D12

Requirements:

Skills: Knowledge(Arcana) 7 ranks,
    Racial: Any non-dragon
    Language: Draconic
    Alignment: Any
    Special: Must have killed, or helped kill a true dragon of at least adult category and own an item of at least masterwork quality that is fashioned trom the dragon's remains.

1st +1 +0 +2 +2 Dragontotem
    2nd +2 +0 +3 +3 Dragonforce (1/day)
    3rd +3 +1 +3 +3 Grace of the Dragon
    Dragonforce (2/day)
    4th +4 +1 +4 +4 Heart of the Dragon
    Dragonforce (3/day)
    5th +5 +1 +4 +4 Spirit of the Dragon
    Dragonforce (4/day)

Skills: Balance (dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge(Arcana) (Int), Perform(Cha), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier

Abilities

Dragon totem: A Zaydian Slayer derives extra benefits from items crafted from the remains of dragons he fought. If the item fashioned is armour or a shield the Zydian Slayer gains energyprotection to the breathweapon of the dragon whose remains have been used in the creation to the value of 5 for every classlevel of Zaydian Slayer he has. In the case of a weapon, the Slayer gets 1d6 of elemental damage, matching the element of the dragon's breath weapon, for every classlevel of Zaydian Slayer. In the case of an instrument the instrument doubles the masterwork bonus said instrument gives, compared to a regular masterwork version of it, and gives a circumstancebonus of +2 per slayer level to the perform skill governing the use of the instrument. Other items- like wands, staves, amulets and other wondrous items - the casterlevel of the crafted item gets boosted by 1 for every level of the Slayer using it.

A Zaydian Slayer can use 1 totem per type of dragon he has slain. Gaining the benefits of a totem takes 1 day and the slayer loses the benefit when separated from his totem for 1 day. The Zyadian Slayer must first lose the benefit of a preivous totem to gain the benefit form another totem of the same dragon.

Dragonforce: At level 2 the slayer get the ability to gain a natural weapon matching a natural weapon of the dragons whose totems the Slayer owns as a standard action. This ability lasts for the rest of the encounter and the wings selected for this feat grant no flightspeed. The Natural weapon matches that of the slain dragon if it would have as many HD as the Zaydian Slayer has effective class levels.

Grace of the Dragon: At lvl 3 the Zaydian Slayer gains etherial wings shaped like a dragon's granting a flightspeed of 60 feet (good maneuverability).

Heart of the Dragon: At lvl 4 the Zaydian Slayer can, when he has slain a dragon, eat the Dragon's heart to gain the dragon's natural armour and its breathweapon. The Zaydian Slayer can ony have one breathweapon this way and by consuming a new heart he gains the breathweapon of the latest eaten dragon heart's dragon.

Spirit of the dragon: Upon reaching lvl 5 the Zaydian Slayer unlocks his true draconic potential: Of every new dragon he slays he absorbs the spirit, allowing him to polymorph into these dragons. Doing so requires a full round action and is triggered by a verbal (name of the dragon) and somatic trigger. This is a spell-like ability and can be used only once per day, for the duration of twice his Con modifier or Cha modifier, whichever is higher, regained at rest. The Zaydian Slayer can only make use of the forms of the souls he has abosorbed and his own natural form. When choosing a form he will take on the form of the dragon whose name he uses with his ECL as the limit of HD for the form to use. When slaying a dragon the Zaydain Slayer will absorb the dragon's soul and have a name appear on his body in the form of a non-removable tattoo. The Zaydian Slayer has instictive knowledge of the names he carries, even if the location of the name tattoo prohibits him from reading it.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, is this about right? I have no idea what I'm doing and if this is anything good.

Eidt: rewrote totem a bit regarding instruments. and tweaked dragonforce a bit.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-05-29 at 10:57 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Permission given. Komatik
    Last edited by Komatik; 2015-05-29 at 08:00 AM.
    Nice guy =/= Good
    Jerk =/= Evil

I made a vampire template for 3.5e. PEACH?

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Hmmm very spiffy sir
    Did my best to utilize your hawkness. With a little help from Knight of the Raven and Scout, I think this adds some decent damage/utility to a ranger.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for writing out the PrC weasel.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    So, is this about right? I have no idea what I'm doing and if this is anything good.
    'tis good 'tis good (I always did love dragonbone swords). How much accuracy bonus does an instrument totem give?

And my favorite thing might be that it has given me the image of a(n extremely metal) bard playing a dragon bone and gut lyre.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

'tis good 'tis good (I always did love dragonbone swords). How much accuracy bonus does an instrument totem give?

And my favorite thing might be that it has given me the image of a(n extremely metal) bard playing a dragon bone and gut lyre.
    a dragonhorn masterwork horn gives +2 accuracy, else it's 'only' a +1 (in addition to the masterwork bonus other masterwork instruments grant).

But, now that you mention it, I might just go for the easy way and say the bonus the masterwork instrument gives as part of being masterwork improves by 1.

Imma rewrite that.

Also, I fully intended for bards, barbarians and other martial characters to enter the class. I figured that non-T1 and ~T2's could have some fun for a change.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-05-29 at 10:59 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

26. - Top - End - #146

So far, this is one of my favorite threads we've done. It's a little more complex, but the end result is just so much more satisfying.

27. - Top - End - #147

Permission granted.
    Gotta make one for my favorite plate of salty fish!

Deadnaught
    Hit Die
    d12

Requirements
    Deity: Any deity with the death or repose domain.
    Feats: Heavy Armor Optimization, Greater Heavy Armor Optimization
    Special: Must have the Exoskeleton of Undeath class feature.

Class Skills
    The Deadnaught's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), and Ride (Dex).

2 + Int modifier.

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features Spellcasting
    1st +0 +2 +0 +0 Exoskeleton of True Death, Aura of Fear +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    2nd +1 +3 +0 +0 Fill the Ranks 1/day +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    3rd +2 +3 +1 +1 Death Sight -
    4th +3 +4 +1 +1 Death Strike 1/day +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    5th +3 +4 +1 +1 Immortal Coils +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    6th +4 +5 +2 +2 Fill the Ranks 2/day -
    7th +5 +5 +2 +2 Adamantine Marrow +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    8th +6 +6 +2 +2 Death Strike 2/day +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    9th +6 +6 +3 +3 White Banner Commander -
    10th +7 +7 +3 +3 Master of Death +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

Class Features
    All the following are Class Features of the Deadnaught prestige class.

Deadnaughts gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Exoskeleton of True Death (Ex)
    A Deadnaught's Exoskeleton of Undeath has tainted their body and protected them further from the harsh conditions of life. All current and future hit die are converted to d12's.

Aura of Fear (Su)
    Deadnaughts are shrouded in a dreadful Aura of Fear. Creatures in a 30-foot radius of 6 HD or less, that look at the Deadnaught must succeed at a Will save or be affected as though by fear as cast by a sorcerer of the Deadnaught's level.

Fill the Ranks
    You can use a limited form of animate dead. The target corpse rises as either a Karrnathi skeleton or Karr nathi zombie (depending on the condition of the corpse and your preference). Undead animated this way no longer count against the maximum number of undead you can control at once with your bone march ability.

Death Sight
    You gain Darkvision out to 60ft. If you already have Darkvision, its range is extended by another 60ft.

Death Strike
    You may use a bonecraft weapon to strike down a living foe. You must decide to use this ability before the attack roll is made. If the attack succeeds, the target must succeed on a Fortitude save (you may now add half of your Deadnaught levels to this save's original DC) or die. This is a necromantic death effect.

Immortal Coils
    You no longer need to eat, sleep, or breathe. In addition to all of these things, you can no longer be aged naturally or magically.

Adamantine Marrow
    You gain DR 1/- for every 3 levels of Deadnaught and Bone Knight you posses.

White Banner Commander
    In addition to their current turn resistance, all undead under your control gain extra turn resistance equal to half your Deadnaught level.

Master of Undeath
    All hostile undead controlled by another spellcaster without an intelligence score have a chance to be converted to your control. You must make an opposed roll, (1d20 + caster level + charisma modifier) if you win the roll, you automatically take control of one third of their controlled undead (minimum 1). Undead controlled this way count against the enemy spellcaster's total controllable hit dice. (Undead will follow standard undead rules upon the death of the enemy spellcaster or leaving their controllable range.)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-29 at 04:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a WIP Prestige Class for you, Zaydos.

Dragon Smith

More of a Crafting bent than the Zaydian Slayer, but slightly similar. Tell me what you think, and suggestions are welcome as to what the undone abilities should do.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Gotta make one for my favorite plate of salty fish!

Deadnaught
    eeeeeeeeeeeee

That's so so so cool! It's kinda odd how it isn't finishable pre-epic, but I'm fine with that. More levels of cool stuff for me!
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

eeeeeeeeeeeee

That's so so so cool! It's kinda odd how it isn't finishable pre-epic, but I'm fine with that. More levels of cool stuff for me!
    I was taking a bit of a risk with it not being able to be finished before epic levels, but I thought that a super Bone Knight would be really fun to play. I wanted it to take a Warforged Juggernaut kind of approach...

I was also worried that I would be playing too much on your Bone Knight avatar haha.