New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    WhamBamBlade (Racial Warblade Achetype)
    Nifty. I would totally play this, given the opportunity. Thanks, Zaydos!

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Hey I thought of something we could do for our next thread: GitP regulars as wondrous items.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Sword Lesbian
    Nobody should ever get in trouble for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Hey I thought of something we could do for our next thread: GitP regulars as wondrous items.
    Legendary weapons kind of ended up as that. Maybe we'll do items again soon.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Nobody should ever get in trouble for that.
    Legendary weapons kind of ended up as that. Maybe we'll do items again soon.
    Not really. It was weapons of legacy. I'm talking rings, cloaks, rods, etc. all kinds of useful stuff that aren't weapons.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Hey! All that Mecha/CyberNewtype stuff was done by other people! They deserve credit! I play Sword Lesbian: Because hard work deserves a place.

EDIT: I'm going to get in trouble for this, aren't I?
    Do I need to use MLA? Is linking the original not enough? I hate MLA.

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    Nifty. I would totally play this, given the opportunity. Thanks, Zaydos!
    You're welcome.

Not really. It was weapons of legacy. I'm talking rings, cloaks, rods, etc. all kinds of useful stuff that aren't weapons.
    The last like 3 things made were rings, cloaks, etc. I'd actually like wondrous items, I could make someone into a bag of some sort.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Do I need to use MLA? Is linking the original not enough? I hate MLA.

You're welcome.

The last like 3 things made were rings, cloaks, etc. I'd actually like wondrous items, I could make someone into a bag of some sort.
    or marlowe a exia style gunblade long sword 1d8 damage special ability transform turns in to wing less quick loading crowwbow

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey! All that Mecha/CyberNewtype stuff was done by other people! They deserve credit! I play Sword Lesbian:
    Because hard work deserves a place.

EDIT: I'm going to get in trouble for this, aren't I?
    Yes. You're going to get in a lot of trouble for that. From me. Because you didn't put a hard return between the image and the line of text that followed it. You will exercise proper and aesthetically pleasing formatting conventions
    I'm only joking, of course. But you should still fix that.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-18 at 01:15 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Mrrr... fine. That's next.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    or marlowe a exia style gunblade long sword 1d8 damage special ability transform turns in to wing less quick loading crowwbow
    Nah, Exia was probably the worst gundam design in recent memory. "Hey check it out! I'll carry this gunblade on my arm that stupidly heavy, but I'll leave it sheathed and pull out this knife, negating the reach advantage on the gunblade and the speed advantage of the smaller weapon because the whole gunblade is still on my arm."

The shooty part of the gunblade was cool, though.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Mrrr... fine. That's next.

Nah, Exia was probably the worst gundam design in recent memory. "Hey check it out! I'll carry this gunblade on my arm that stupidly heavy, but I'll leave it sheathed and pull out this knife, negating the reach advantage on the gunblade and the speed advantage of the smaller weapon because the whole gunblade is still on my arm."

The shooty part of the gunblade was cool, though.
    well the funny thing is they have their in universe gundam girl who is one of the main heroes

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Imagine it, a teleporting bag of incineration...

Nah, that would be mostly pointless.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought we were gonna do templates. Oh well, I suppose items might be easier.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    well the funny thing is they have their in universe gundam girl who is one of the main heroes
    Ugh, please don't remind me of that show. At least the build fighters before it was decent. This new one was all about being progressively worse at strategy, making worse mobile suits, and is powers by plot particles that run out to only leave your plot armor.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Fine. I give permission.

As a bit of explanation, because I do actually know what these things are:

Alternate Class Features- A suite of class features that replace specific class features at a specific level (or levels) on one class. Can be taken a la carte, meaning if you don't want to trade out your level 4 class feature, you don't have to.

Archetypes- A suite of class features that replace multiple class features (or sometimes add new ones) on one class. Must all be taken together, meaning if you really like that 4th level ability on the core class but it gets traded away... well tough. Archetypes that trade away the same class features cannot be stacked, but if they don't trade away any overlapping features you're golden.

Class Templates- Are Archetypes that can be applied to multiple classes. They're organized a bit differently, with each class' lost features detailed first, then the suite of abilities that they gain is detailed below (along with what level each class gains those abilities). Usually they include a number of options that the player can pick from to add to the class. Otherwise they follow the same rules about stacking that Archetypes do.

Racial X- One of the above three choices that is limited to specific races. Usually humans have some sort of bull**** way of getting around the racial limitations, because humans are obviously the best race ever. Also usually, Half-X races qualify for Racial ACFs/Archetypes so long as their X matches the race of the ACF/Archetype.
    Born of Blades (Varies, ACF)

Replaces: This ability replaces a maneuvers known you would have gained, at the 3rd level or higher in an initiating class.

Effect: You gain the ability to make a short-lived masterwork weapon as a swift action. This masterwork weapon lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Initiating Ability modifier (use Wis for Swordsage, Str for Warblade and Crusader), or your Constitution whichever is higher, and have hardness of 5 and 10 hp. Alternatively you may infuse a single unexpended and readied maneuver into the blade when you create it. The maneuver is expended and as long as the blade is formed you cannot recover that maneuver. While a maneuver is infused into the blade in this way it gains an enhancement bonus to attack and damage equal to 1/2 the maneuver's level (rounded up) and weapon enhancements equal to 1/2 the maneuver's level (rounded down) chosen when the maneuver was imbued, you may not choose Bane (or similar) weapon properties when imbuing a weapon. A weapon with a maneuver imbued into it gains +1 hardness and +3 hp per +1 enhancement bonus.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Barbarian in the Playground

I reprimand here by grant my premission for anything you want to use my name for.
    Last edited by Reprimand; 2015-06-18 at 02:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Born of Blades (Varies, ACF)

Replaces: This ability replaces a maneuvers known you would have gained, at the 3rd level or higher in an initiating class.

Effect: You gain the ability to make a short-lived masterwork weapon as a swift action. This masterwork weapon lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Initiating Ability modifier (use Wis for Swordsage, Str for Warblade and Crusader), or your Constitution whichever is higher, and have hardness of 5 and 10 hp. Alternatively you may infuse a single unexpended and readied maneuver into the blade when you create it. The maneuver is expended and as long as the blade is formed you cannot recover that maneuver. While a maneuver is infused into the blade in this way it gains an enhancement bonus to attack and damage equal to 1/2 the maneuver's level (rounded up) and weapon enhancements equal to 1/2 the maneuver's level (rounded down) chosen when the maneuver was imbued, you may not choose Bane (or similar) weapon properties when imbuing a weapon. A weapon with a maneuver imbued into it gains +1 hardness and +3 hp per +1 enhancement bonus.
    Cool. Nice and straightforward. I also appreciate abilities that make sure you're never unarmed.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zaydos and I are friends now. We're having soft tacos later.

Zaydian Wildborn (Druid ACF)

1st Level: Track
    The druid gains Track as a bonus feat.

This replaced the druid's Animal Companion class feature.

4th Level: Nature's Ally
    The druid gains the ranger's Animal Companion class feature. However, unlike the ranger, the druid is able to keep two constant animal companions.

This replaces the druid's Resist Nature's Lure class feature.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post

u wot

The druid gains the ranger's Animal Companion class feature. However, unlike the ranger, the druid is able to keep two constant animal companions.

Oh. Icky half-scaling, do not like. I feel like this would be better if it just swapped RNL for Track at level 4 (Track isn't exactly a stellar feat, after all).

Granted, it's for Zaydos, but I felt like my thoughts on it were worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-18 at 03:05 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Endarire View Post
    You have my permission.
    Well mostly know you've got ToB in your sig, but I'll try and make something.

Sublime Berserker (Barbarian Archetype)

Levels: 1st, 10th, 20th.

Loses: Rage, Greater Rage, Mighty Rage.

Effects:

Sublime Rage: At 1st level instead of gaining standard rage 1/day you gain Sublime Rage 1/day. You gain Martial Maneuvers, Maneuvers Readied, and Stances Known as a warblade, but you do not gain a recovery method and you cannot normally access these maneuvers and stances. When you enter a Sublime Rage you gain access to your maneuvers and stances and a +2 to hit and damage with martial strikes, and a +2 to Concentration checks, but a -2 to AC. Sublime Rage has the same duration as regular rage and restrictions upon actions except you may make Concentration checks and use maneuvers which would require concentration. When your Sublime Rage ends you are fatigued as normal unless you have Tireless Rage. Whenever you would gain an additional use of Rage you gain another daily use of Sublime Rage instead.

Greater Sublime Rage: You now get a +3 to hit and damage with Strikes and to Concentration checks when in a Sublime Rage.

Mighty Sublime Rage: The bonus to hit and damage with Strikes and to Concentration checks when in a Sublime Rage increases to +4.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    u wot

Oh. Icky half-scaling, do not like. I feel like this would be better if it just swapped RNL for Track at level 4 (Track isn't exactly a stellar feat, after all).
    It's not so bad in PF, where Rangers are only at Druid -3 and Boon companion bumps those right back up to druid level. Two Stegosauruses with improved vital strike and some size buffs are pretty nasty.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

It's not so bad in PF, where Rangers are only at Druid -3 and Boon companion bumps those right back up to druid level. Two Stegosauruses with improved vital strike and some size buffs are pretty nasty.
    On the other hand, you can't have Friar Tuck, my Celestial Fleshraker that sworn a Vow of Poverty.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

On the other hand, you can't have Friar Tuck, my Celestial Fleshraker that sworn a Vow of Poverty.
    That's quite the interesting concept. How'd you get around the fact that Fleshrakers regularly use poison?
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Zaydos likes animal companions...

Natural Bond boosts your effective druid level by 3 in 3.5, it's still not wonderful. But I can't justify giving up a so-so class feature to double your original lost class feature. That'd be silly.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos and I are friends now. We're having soft tacos later.

Animal Companion

Wait.. I see what you did there. I think. Either it's supposed to be an archetype and give you 2 animal companions with the level 4 thing, or it's an ACF where the first option is a trick and you just take the second so you have an animal companion and a second wimpy animal companion. Either one is actually pretty fun levels 4-14 especially since if you take the Natural Bond feat they remain within 1 level grade or even equal with a druid's.

u wot

Granted, it's for Zaydos, but I felt like my thoughts on it were worth mentioning.
    It's a pair of ACFs not an archetype you can choose to take the 2nd without taking the first. So you swap Resist Nature's Lure for an Animal Companion. Ok, I think it was supposed to be an archetype which gives you 2 animal companions at 4th, Natural Bond brings them up to full level at 6th (and effectively full at 7 and 8) and it's not until 15th level that they start to slide further than 2 HD behind if you are willing to take a feat for it.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

That's quite the interesting concept. How'd you get around the fact that Fleshrakers regularly use poison?
    He's celestial. He's automatically of the highest moral standard, and he granted himself the feat.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

But, 3.5 has horrid tigers. I love horrid tigers. Imagine it, a ranger build with enough boosts to get a horrid tiger, that is also special mount and this one other thing that i can't remember. It was a horrifying animal companion.

Edit: also, horrid animals, proof druids approve of genetic engineering.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-18 at 03:41 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #416

Animal Companion
    I had you!

Wait.. I see what you did there. I think. Either it's supposed to be an archetype and give you 2 animal companions with the level 4 thing, or it's an ACF where the first option is a trick and you just take the second so you have an animal companion and a second wimpy animal companion.

Either one is actually pretty fun levels 4-14 especially since if you take the Natural Bond feat they remain within 1 level grade or even equal with a druid's.

It's a pair of ACFs not an archetype you can choose to take the 2nd without taking the first. So you swap Resist Nature's Lure for an Animal Companion. Ok, I think it was supposed to be an archetype which gives you 2 animal companions at 4th, Natural Bond brings them up to full level at 6th (and effectively full at 7 and 8) and it's not until 15th level that they start to slide further than 2 HD behind if you are willing to take a feat for it.
    All of this. I don't write Pathfinder things. It's like Beast Heart Adept, but without the complicated whosamawhatsits.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-18 at 03:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

just curious, what anime is this from.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #418

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    just curious, what anime is this from.
    I have no idea. I must go do research.

One mooooore thing:
    I have no idea.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-18 at 03:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

by garl glittergold, I think the top thousand results must just be will senpai notice me meme related stuff with no mention of where this is from, and the notice me senpai tag seems to override the picture in the search terms.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    by garl glittergold, I think the top thousand results must just be will senpai notice me meme related stuff with no mention of where this is from, and the notice me senpai tag seems to override the picture in the search terms.

Oh my god, it's Yuru Yuri! :p
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-18 at 04:03 PM.