New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

You know, there is a whole thread for that nonsense.

In in the meantime, people should be able to comment on the shell of the beeseecher.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-16 at 01:02 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    weapons
    vestiges
    Playable Races
    Soulmelds which I practically missed
    Deities v2
    Maneuvers
    Feats
    ACFs
    PrCs
    Elder Evils
    Google stopped giving me more, but I evidently missed Spells (the OP there isn't the most up to date), and Deities v1.
    for future reference this site has a working search engine again, and you can limit search results by op. very useful so searching snow's threads for regulars in the title is pretty easy.

edit: on closer inspection there seems to be something buggy in the search feature on this site, It used to work so much better for me.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-16 at 12:51 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    for future reference this site has a working search engine again, and you can limit search results by op. very useful so searching snow's threads for regulars in the title is pretty easy.
    I tried that, with Regulars as in the title, and by Snowbluff and it gave me 3 of them. That's why I fell back to google.

Edit: But it works perfectly when I search for my own homebrew subforum threads... ok... Snowbluff threads so it seems to just hate keywords.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-16 at 12:58 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, there is a whole thread for that nonsense.

In in the meantime, people should be able to comment on the shell of the beeseecher.

Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Chovies, you are not one with the Snowbluff. try again
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

So apparently Log Horizon is a good show. It's got a hero that I'm not sure the alignment of (So Good he's Evil I suppose) and isn't the usual hyper tough low intelligence dude-bro (Artemis Fowl heroes are the best, amirite?), all the necessary tropes and an actual plot. A minor nitpick I have is the fact that they just *plot* how these people got sucked into the game, especially since it's not even a VR game. I mean, SAO sucked, but at least it had a *semi*-decent explanation of why the people got sucked in. But ignoring that, which is easy, it's otherwise great.

Also, I want to play that game. So much.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-06-16 at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Log Horizon is on my list. What I'd really like to see is a show with a complete munchkin as the protagonist, because then I could relate to them.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile I evidently love Kirk as a protagonist.

On the anime front I seem to be in a mood for messed up worlds having just watched Shin Sekai Yori and following it by starting Psycho-Pass 2.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Log Horizon is on my list. What I'd really like to see is a show with a complete munchkin as the protagonist, because then I could relate to them.
    Ever seen The Princess Bride? Seriously, Westley either outlevels everyone by five or else is the only optimized player there.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Ever seen The Princess Bride? Seriously, Westley either outlevels everyone by five or else is the only optimized player there.
    He's a swashbuckler/dread pirate. How optimized can he be?

I'm very familiar with Princess Bride, it's what got me into fencing.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

He's a swashbuckler/dread pirate. How optimized can he be?

I'm very familiar with Princess Bride, it's what got me into fencing.
    you see, his character isn't optimized, he is. Pretty much everything he does can be done without class levels. Some of the best optimization tricks my group comes up with involve OP uses of mundane equipment from the adventuring gear section of the PHB.

though he does do some very hard to do things that mean he either optimized his character for certain things or is high level. given his life experience being a high level is not hard to believe.

Spoiler: Princess Bride Spoilers
    Show
    Like surviving poison, his high knowledge checks, probably very good fortitude. Though this isn't what most people would call optimization it is very optimized for his environment. With a couple deus ex machina thrown in for laughs.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-16 at 03:15 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm pretty sure it was because of the power of True Love.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

No, I'm sure it's "to blathe." It means to Bluff!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Dude punches his way up a sheer rock face with no handholds. Either he's massively higher level than everyone else or he did something to make Epic Climb Checks.

Also to combat the derailment... or perhaps just play along with it, I really don't know.

Snowblathe (Swashbuckler ACF)

Level: 6th.

Replaces: Common sense, I mean you're taking level 6 in Swashbuckler (ok you could be a Daring Outlaw where this gets rather better)

Effect: When fighting in a square covered in snow you may attempt to feint as a swift action or, if you have the Improved Feint feat, a free action. Also while in a snow covered area you gain a +6 competence bonus to all Bluff checks made to maintain a poker face while playing a game.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Snowblathe (Swashbuckler ACF)

Level: 6th.

Replaces: Common sense, I mean you're taking level 6 in Swashbuckler (ok you could be a Daring Outlaw where this gets rather better)

Effect: When fighting in a square covered in snow you may attempt to feint as a swift action or, if you have the Improved Feint feat, a free action. Also while in a snow covered area you gain a +6 competence bonus to all Bluff checks made to maintain a poker face while playing a game.
    hahahah... this is the mostly strangely specific one I've seen. It's like a Frostburn option.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

So I did the one true job of a tank today at my RL session. Of course, I did it a little bit too well and now my character's sitting in Valhalla. It was awesome though.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    So I did the one true job of a tank today at my RL session. Of course, I did it a little bit too well and now my character's sitting in Valhalla. It was awesome though.
    I am proud of you. That is awesome.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I am proud of you. That is awesome.
    I was helping defend a town from Kythons (From BoVD, think Alien) and ended fighting three at once as well as this burrowing worm thing and got knocked down to 2 HP. Apparently I had made so much of a nuisance of myself dealing with the enemies that the boss of the group personally came over and impaled me through the chest. Which conveniently opened up the area for cannon fire to begin, which ultimately screwed the dude over. I like to imagine that my character grabbed the Kython's claw, stared it straight down, and something along the lines of "You're screwed now, bucko." Sadly, only one member of the original party survived, but we saved roughly 500 people from an army of about 200 Kythons.

The best part was, near the end of his life, my character could've been the image from a metal album. It was beginning to storm, he was standing in front of a roaring wall of fire, standing his full 8 feet despite the worm grabbing him from below, armor pretty much battered to pieces, roaring his head off. I want to see it drawn, but I have no talent for that sort of stuff.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today.
    G'bye boys! Have fun stormin' the castle!

Think it'll woik?

It'd take a miracle.

21. - Top - End - #321

G'bye boys! Have fun stormin' the castle!

Think it'll woik?

It'd take a miracle.
    That is one of the greatest movies of all time. Kids these days don't appreciate it like they should.

22. - Top - End - #322

That is one of the greatest movies of all time. Kids these days don't appreciate it like they should.
    Evidence: I have no idea what movie you guys are talking about.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Evidence: I have no idea what movie you guys are talking about.
    The Princess Bride. Go watch it. Now.

Also, Red Fel is still MIA. Either we are all doomed, or he has left us.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Detective IZ42 went on the case and is sad to report that Red Fel has not posted for 14 days.

Oh, yeah. Watch the princess bride. It's friggin awesome.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-06-17 at 09:43 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

The Princess Bride. Go watch it. Now.
    Wait...
    And now I must delete my earlier post so my bestfriend never finds out I didn't recognise The movie, so I can continue to live another day.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326

Detective IZ42 went on the case and is sad to report that Red Fel has not posted for 14 days.
    This is upsetting the balance.

Oh, yeah. Watch the princess bride. It's friggin awesome.
    Probably one of the greatest movies of all time.

And now I must delete my earlier post so my bestfriend never finds out I didn't recognise The movie, so I can continue to live another day.
    I have it forever quoted! You can't hide the evidence! Get in the car, son.

27. - Top - End - #327

I have it forever quoted! You can't hide the evidence! Get in the car, son.
    And here I thought paladins were meant to save lives. Even if my alignment might be Chaotic Evil.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

And here I thought paladins were meant to save lives.
    Not knowing the Princess Bride grossly violates my Code of Conduct.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

And here I thought paladins were meant to save lives. Even if my alignment might be Chaotic Evil.
    He is saving your life. You haven't lived until you've seen that movie. The book is really good too, but you should probably read the abridged version. Goldman does a great job of cutting out a lot of S. Morgenstern's random political diatribes and provides a lot of good historical context for the narrative without invading the story too much.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

With RedFel the process of recalibrating the cosmic balance is beginning. This requires LoyalPaladin to become UnswervingBlackguard.

Not knowing the Princess Bride grossly violates my Code of Conduct.
    Good, good, justify yourself.

He is saving your life. You haven't lived until you've seen that movie. The book is really good too, but you should probably read the abridged version. Goldman does a great job of cutting out a lot of S. Morgenstern's random political diatribes and provides a lot of good historical context for the narrative without invading the story too much.
    'Tis a great tome, it 'tis.

Current Projects: