New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Holy ****snacks! This thread moved faster then I thought.

I think we can take solace in the fact that we will never outmatch M. Night Shamalyan (or whatever his name is) in thinking up stupid plot-twists... I mean, the guy is a freaking walking idiot ball when it comes to plot. (also, there was never a live action legend of airbender movie).

Zyados, this one is for you!

Knight of the Dragon

Varies ACF; replaces the mount class feature or animal companion
    Requisite: must be a chosen of Bahamut, but not have undergone the rite of rebirth
    Restrictions: May not be a druid
    Alignment: Lawful Good or Chaotic Good

Draconic Compatriot:at the level where the character would normally gain the mount or animal companion the character gains metallic dragon instead. the dragon will have the exact same amount of hitdice as the character and its alignment matches that of the character.
    So use standard age category for its hit dice minimum wyrmling (for example gold dragon would have wyrmling abilities until 11 HD at which point it'd become very young)?

Either way I get a dragon It amuses me I'm apparently Good aligned... this is because I've tried to keep the paladin from falling, isn't it?

Spoiler: Permissions and ACFs
    Show
    Permissions:
    Snowbluff
    Zaydos
    Threadnaught
    LoyalPaladin
    Keledrath (apparently)
    Socratov
    Emperor Tippy
    Snowbluff
    Elricaltovilla
    IZ42
    Sgt. Cookie
    Extra Anchovies
    PsyBomb
    WhamBamSam
    Socratov
    Keledrath
    Lord_Gareth
    Zaydos
    Jormengand
    Masterkerfuffle
    eggynack
    NeoPhoenix0
    Milo v3
    Somensjev
    LoyalPaladin
    Endarire
    Saintheart
    Marlowe
    stack
    illyahr
    Seto
    khadgar567
    Elandris Kajar
    Troacctid
    Illven
    Komatik
    Blackhawk748
    Sjlver
    Bad Wolf
    Xuldarinar

Anti-Paladin
    Forbidden (Lord_Gareth)

Barbarian
    Sublime Berserker (Endarire)

Bard
    Swashbuckling Performer (Illayhr)
    Proclaimer of the Faith (LoyalPaladin)
    Jr. Paladin (Socratov)
    Advocate of War (Snowbluff)
    Illyahr's Honeyed Tongue (Illyahr)

Cleric
    Playground Domain (WHY???)

Crusader
    Silver Blade Crusader (Sjlver)

Dread Necromancer
    Anchovy Knight (Extra Anchovies)

Druid
    Ambassador of the Wild (eggynack)
    Zaydian Wildborn (2 ACFs, one is a trap) (LoyalPaladin)

Duskblade
    NeoChaosblade (NeoPhoenix0)

Fighter
    Phoenix Knight (NeoPhoenix0)

Guru
    Silver Sensei (PsyBomb)

Hexblade
    Midnightblade (Xuldarinar)

Incarnation
    Imbue (Loyal) Paladin (Incarnation)

Knight
    Order of the Hawk (Blackhawk)

Mage Knight
    Martial Magus (Keledrath)

Magus
    Spellfist (IZ42)

Mecha-Ace
    Cyber Newtype (Marlowe, not Haman Karn, Marlowe )

Ninja
    Threads of Naught (Threadnaught)

Paladin
    Planar Mecha (Marlowe, still not Haman Karn)
    Holy Flirt
    Bow of Justice
    (Loyal Paladin)
    Banishing Smite (NeoPhoenix0)

Rogue
    Blue Thief (Sgt. Cookie)
    Shadow Stalker (Marlowe)

Scout
    NeoScout (NeoPhoenix0)

Shadowcaster
    Shadowsoul Mage (Xuldarinar)

Swashbuckler
    Snowblathe (Snowbluff)

Tall Tale
    Rudisploker's Tool Belt (Threadnaught)

Warblade

WhamBamBlade (WhamBamSam)

Warlock
    Item of Eldritch Might (Ericaltovilla)
    Eldritch Brewmaster (Socratov)
    Warlocctid's Companion (Troacctid)
    Lich-Faced Warlock (Masterkerfuffle)
    Psylock (khadgar567)

Wizard
    Oghma's Chosen (Threadnaught)

Misc.
    Speaker of Malisons (Jormengand)

I Create Myself (Badwolf)

Born of Blades (Ericaltovilla)

Knight of the Dragon (Zaydos)

Edit: Because I got tired of waiting for someone to post so I could post these...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    I feel a little late to the party but I grant permission.
    Midnightblade (Hexblade, Archetype? ACF?)

Level: 4.

Loses: Spellcasting.

Gains: Mysteries. At 4th level a Midnight Blade gains 3 shadowcaster fundamentals each usable 3/day as spell-like abilities. From level 5 on a Midnightblade learns shadowcaster mysteries according to the table below; their caster level is 1/2 their class level, and they cannot learn mysteries of a level until they have 2 of the level below it. A midnightblade casts these mysteries as if they were spells, but may cast them in light armor without spell failure, and may cast each known mystery 1/day. At 11th level they may use their fundamentals at-will. At 14th level their uses of Apprentice mysteries double (to 2/day each) and they can use Apprentice Mysteries as spell-like abilities instead of spells.

Level Mysteries Known
    5 1
    6 1
    7 2
    8 3
    9 3
    10 4
    11 5
    12 5
    13 6
    14 7
    15 7
    16 8
    17 8
    18 9
    19 9
    20 10

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I give permission
    NeoChaosblade (Duskblade Archetype)

Levels: 6th, 11th, 16th, 18th.

Replaces: Spell Power and its improvements.

Gains: At each of these levels you gain the ability to Smite Law 1/day as a paladin smites evil except that you use Intelligence in place of Charisma. Whenever you successfully smite a creature that creature suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws against your spells and abilities for 1 minute and you may roll twice for any miss chance against that target and take the better of the two results. In addition at 6th level you add Protection from Law as a 1st level spell to your spell list and spells known. At 11th level you add Magic Circle against Law as a 3rd level spell to your spell list and spells known. At 16th level you add Dispel Law and Chaos Hammer as 4th level spells to your spell list and spells known. At 18th level you add Word of Chaos as a 6th level spell to your spell list and spells known.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-20 at 12:22 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Zaydos, is that a complete list?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

I combined the OP with the unadded sweeps and then have been picking things up as they went since. It's possible something was missed, but it should be a complete list.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Firbolg in the Playground

You doubt LoyalPaladin and Zaydos? We are...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I combined the OP with the unadded sweeps and then have been picking things up as they went since. It's possible something was missed, but it should be a complete list.
    We make a nice tag team!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-19 at 03:30 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

-Snip-
    Midnightblade (Hexblade, Archetype? ACF?)
    -Snip-
    I wouldn't have suggested hexblade, in fact I would have predicted any of the classes out of the ToM being a go to as the base, but ultimately I think that works out quite nicely. Thank you very much.

From where i stand, the touch of the plane of shadow (or the far realm, or other such things) works out wonderfully, at least in terms of flavor.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

NeoChaosblade (Duskblade Archetype)

Levels: 6th, 11th, 16th, 18th.

Replaces: Spell Power and its improvements.

Gains: At each of these levels you gain the ability to Smite Law 1/day as a paladin smites evil except that you use Intelligence in place of Charisma. Whenever you successfully smite a creature that creature suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws against your spells and abilities for 1 minute and you may roll twice for any miss chance against that target and take the better of the two results. In addition at 6th level you add Protection from Law as a 1st level spell to your spell list and spells known. At 11th level you add Magic Circle against Law as a 3rd level spell to your spell list and spells known. At 16th level you add Dispel Law and Chaos Hammer as 4th level spells to your spell list and spells known. At 18th level you add Word of Chaos as a 6th level spell to your spell list and spells known.
    Hmmm, well played zaydos, well played. Now i absolutely must make a shadowcaster something for someone, otherwise i'm just mooching off these threads. Not that that isn't entirely true... but it's rude. I think i have some ideas, but it will have to wait till tomorrow or sunday cause life is busy. Plus i'm still a little down about never being able to get through that writer's block problem i had for the elder evils.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    this just makes me think of this song.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-19 at 03:59 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Good, that means it'll be easier to set up. Thanks!

I just needed a straight answer.

You should check out the Beeseecher.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't have suggested hexblade, in fact I would have predicted any of the classes out of the ToM being a go to as the base, but ultimately I think that works out quite nicely. Thank you very much.

From where i stand, the touch of the plane of shadow (or the far realm, or other such things) works out wonderfully, at least in terms of flavor.
    Wanted to do something interesting. I mean I could have made.

Shadowsoul Mage (Shadowcaster Archetype?)

Levels: 2nd, 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th.

Loses: Bonus feats (you get none of them, none), Sustaining Shadow.

Gains: At 2nd level you gain a point of essentia and Shadowsoul Casting.

Shadowsoul Casting (Su): You may invest essentia into Shadowsoul Casting (up to your essentia capacity). For each point of essentia you invest into this class feature you gain a +2 bonus to Concentration checks related to the use of your mysteries, a +1 on checks to overcome spell resistance with mysteries, and a +1 to the DC to dispel your mysteries.

At 5th level you gain another point of essentia and the ability to bind a single soulmeld, unlocking your crown chakra. This does not grant you the ability to shape a soulmeld.

At 8th level you gain an additional point of essentia.

At 10th level you gain an additional point of essentia and Shadowsoul Cloak.

Shadowsoul Cloak (Su): You may invest essentia into Shadowsoul Cloak (up to your essentia capacity). Each point of essentia invested into your shadowsoul cloak seems to make your shadow grow larger and more active, strangely moving free of you. Your shadow moves to cloak and shield, providing a 5% miss chance to those within it for each point of essentia invested into it; creatures able to see in magical darkness may ignore this miss chance. This miss chance is considered to be granted by concealment and does not stack with concealment; if at least 4 points of essentia are invested into this ability creatures within it are considered to have concealment although creatures that can see in magical darkness ignore this. With 1 point of essentia invested into this soulmeld this shadow fills your square, for each additional point it extends 5 feet away from you in all directions.

At 14th level you gain the ability to expend a daily use of a mystery to grant yourself an amount of temporary essentia equal to its level for a number of minutes equal to 10 times your Charisma modifier (minimum 10 minutes).

At 15th level you gain an additional point of essentia and the ability to form a 2nd chakra bind. You may also unlock any one Least or Lesser chakra.

At 20th level you gain 2 additional points of essentia, and the ability to invest essentia into their mysteries. Once essentia is invested into a mystery you may not remove it from the mystery until you regain mysteries for the day. Each point of essentia invested into a mystery increases your caster level for that mystery by 1, and every 2 points increases its save DC by 1.

We make a nice tag team!
    Well occasionally a god of creation must do what is necessary to make such creation simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Hmmm, well played zaydos, well played. Now i absolutely must make a shadowcaster something for someone, otherwise i'm just mooching off these threads. Not that that isn't entirely true... but it's rude. I think i have some ideas, but it will have to wait till tomorrow or sunday cause life is busy. Plus i'm still a little down about never being able to get through that writer's block problem i had for the elder evils.
    Writer's block happens, sometimes it's just unavoidable.

this just makes me think of this song.
    Fun song.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Wanted to do something interesting. I mean I could have made.

Shadowsoul Mage (Shadowcaster Archetype?) -snip-
    You could have, you did, and I like it too. Though now I feel like I'm freeloading.. I'll need to make something for someone, so long as an idea comes to me that I can apply to someone.

..And now a random thought, being that I have an idea for a variant (or ACF) on the truenamer that uses two skills instead of one for its utterances (truespeach, enhanced by bluff maybe?), and is primarily Cha dependent... I should do something about that sometime.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-06-20 at 12:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

...And now a random thought, being that I have an idea for a variant (or ACF) on the truenamer that uses two skills instead of one for its utterances (truespeach, enhanced by bluff maybe?), and is primarily Cha dependent... I should do something about that sometime.
    Sounds like Runequest Sorcery, but simpler. I like. Skill-based magic systems are fun, but tricky to implement well.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Sounds like Runequest Sorcery, but simpler. I like. Skill-based magic systems are fun, but tricky to implement well.
    I'll have to look into that.

The idea, or flavoring rather, I think would be a truenamer who uses sarcasm and lies intertwined with the fundamental language to more easily create change. Their silver tongue being a greater key to effecting the universe than truth alone (given the class doesn't even work normally.)

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll have to look into that.
    Runequest is a d% system, and everything is skill-based (the equivalent of Fortitude, Reflex, and Will are all skills, combat is skills, armor class is a skill, magic is skills, it's skills all the way down). For Sorcery in particular, there was one skill for each spell, plus a few basic skills: Intensity, Range, and Duration. So when you cast a spell, you rolled for that spell (I have entirely forgotten what that roll determined), you rolled for its power, you rolled for its range, and you rolled for its duration (playing Runequest involves a lot of dice rolls). I think it's a really cool magic system (works great if you have four or five sets of d% to roll at once), one of my favorites actually, but it would be hard to adapt to 3.5 with how easily skills are boosted.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-20 at 01:19 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

This reminds me that I need to get back to making a skill-like magic system. I say skill-like because while things would be d20 + ranks + ability score they'd have to not technically be skills or you get into the problem where either you optimize out the wazoo to get the highest bonus possible (and can quicken an utterance every round with ease) or are completely useless.

I just hit writers block. So started writing ACFs instead. And then celebrity vestiges. And monsters. And then dianogas from star wars. And... I need to make Telepathy and some Telekinesis skills at least, those should be easy and mostly stealable from d20 Star Wars Revised Edition.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Writer's block happens, sometimes it's just unavoidable.
    As stupid as it sounds, even after 4 years of collage, I have not encountered writer's block until now. It is a strange concept for me. I understood what writer's block was, I just never had first hand experience. I now realize it is really hard to understand this fully without experiencing it.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #495

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

So use standard age category for its hit dice minimum wyrmling (for example gold dragon would have wyrmling abilities until 11 HD at which point it'd become very young)?

Either way I get a dragon It amuses me I'm apparently Good aligned... this is because I've tried to keep the paladin from falling, isn't it?

-snip-
    yes and the good alignment is put there as an incentive. See it as a reason for you to redeem yourself and atone
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, folks. Guess who just got back to town and gives permission?

This guy.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-06-20 at 08:36 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

18. - Top - End - #498

And the Elder Evil has returned....

... Time to get my apocalypse bunker ready.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-06-20 at 08:37 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post

This guy.
    We were wondering where you got to. Paladin started freaking out.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

This guy.
    Huh? I thought you were dead. I had already replaced you with Loyalpaladin.

No, he hasn't noticed his alignment change yet. Paladin class features aren't very good, and even with you around we barely qualify as evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    We were wondering where you got to. Paladin started freaking out.
    Or maybe he did. It was a lot of work getting him to commit those evil acts without him knowing. I hope he didn't find any of the blood in his house. I mean, it was everywhere, but LP has NO ranks in spot or search, so I thought I'd just save myself the cleaning supplies. I'm very frugal.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-20 at 08:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh? I thought you were dead. I had already replaced you with Loyalpaladin.

No, he hasn't noticed his alignment change yet. Paladin class features aren't very good, and even with you around we barely qualify as evil.
    If I may be so bold as to quote the Book of General Villainy and Evil Activities: "Evil does not die, it merely takes extended hiatus to its mountain resort in Baator and carefully plans"
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

If I may be so bold as to quote the Book of General Villainy and Evil Activities: "Evil does not die, it merely takes extended hiatus to its mountain resort in Baator and carefully plans"
    To be fair, I also own beachfront property on several layers of the Abyss, a lovely chateau in Mechanus, a fortified keep in the Grey Waste, a small cottage in the foothills of Celestia, and a timeshare in New Zealand.

Good to be back.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Glad to see you back Red. It just isn't the same without you.

24. - Top - End - #504

a timeshare in New Zealand.
    Probably with a splendid view of Mt. Doom.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

This guy.
    Infernal Warblade (Warblade Archetyep)

Requires: Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or Lawful Neutral alignment.

Levels: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th

Loses: Battle Clarity, Battle Ardor, Battle Cunning, Battle Skill, Battle Mastery.

Gains: Add Bluff and Knowledge (the Planes) to your class skill list.

Infernal Pawn (Ex): At 1st level you gain Fire, Cold, and Acid Resistance equal to twice your Charisma modifier, the Cold and Acid Resistance are capped at 10 (gained at Charisma +5).

Imposing Presence (Su): Beginning at 3rd creatures suffer a penalty to hit you equal to your Charisma modifier. Once a creature has successfully struck you this penalty does not apply to it for 1 hour. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Vile Blows (Su): Beginning at 7th level whenever you use a martial strike against a creature which is not Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral, or Neutral Evil you add your Charisma modifier as bonus damage. This bonus damage is Vile damage and is resistant to attempts to heal it (see Book of Vile Darkness).

Words of Corruption (Su): At 11th level you gain the ability to whisper Words of Corruption 3 times per day. When you use this ability make a Diplomacy check to alter a creature's attitude of you (at no penalty for being rushed). The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your Warblade level + your Charisma modifier + 1 per 5 points your Diplomacy check beat the DC for Helpful). If they fail the moral axis of their alignment changes to Evil and they regard you with the new attitude regarding their former allies with an attitude 1 step worse per step their attitude improved towards you. This change to their attitude and alignment both last for only 10 minutes per 2 Warblade levels. This is a language-dependent, mind-affecting, charm effect. Using this ability is a standard action.

Know Your Place Worm (Su): At 15th level you gain the ability to inflict negative levels with your martial strikes. Whenever you make a martial strike you may choose to inflict 1 negative level on any creature you successfully hit as part of it. If a strike allows you to hit multiple creatures this negative level applies to all of them, but no matter how many times you hit a creature it suffers no more than 1 negative level. You may only use this ability a number of times each day equal to twice your Charisma modifier.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

--Delicious Evil Content Snipped--
    That looks absolutely cool, even if it's not for me. So many goodies. I would allow Chaotic Evil (and possibly omit LN, as this is far too much of a Dark Lord who crushes weaker people under his steel toed boot made of baby seal skin) to take it as well though, there's plenty of arrogance in the pit
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

That looks absolutely cool, even if it's not for me. So many goodies. I would allow Chaotic Evil (and possibly omit LN, as this is far too much of a Dark Lord who crushes weaker people under his steel toed boot made of baby seal skin) to take it as well though, there's plenty of arrogance in the pit
    I disagree. It's supposed to be the LE corner.

As a note, I am totally porting that over to Path of War's Warlord.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I disagree. It's supposed to be the LE corner.

As a note, I am totally porting that over to Path of War's Warlord.
    Isn't Darth Fel an equal opportunity corrupter employer? Although I guess the Archetype Name is "Infernal Warblade"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Infernal Warblade (Warblade Archetyep)
    Okay, now this is one Hell of a homecoming present. Finally, a Cha-based ToB class. (Shut up, Crusader, you know you don't count.) And you know I love me some ToB. While Int is valuable for skill reasons, it's true that the combat-based ToB classes don't get much mileage out of skills; by contrast, anyone can get good mileage out of diplomancy.

Yes, it loses Int to Ref saves, crit confirmation, damage against flat-footed, combat maneuver attempts, and melee and damage on AoOs. But with the exception of the first, those are all pretty situational; I admit I didn't often have some of them come up when I played Warblade. By contrast, well...

Gains: Add Bluff and Knowledge (the Planes) to your class skill list.
    Both extraordinarily useful. Trust me.

Infernal Pawn (Ex): At 1st level you gain Fire, Cold, and Acid Resistance equal to twice your Charisma modifier, the Cold and Acid Resistance are capped at 10 (gained at Charisma +5).
    Two highly common damage types, and one uncommon enough to be dangerous if you're unprepared. Good to have.

Imposing Presence (Su): Beginning at 3rd creatures suffer a penalty to hit you equal to your Charisma modifier. Once a creature has successfully struck you this penalty does not apply to it for 1 hour. This is a mind-affecting effect.
    This is just nice. It's like a temporary Cha-to-AC bonus, which is gravy, and it's passive, which is hot. And unlike Battle Ardor, which it replaces, you totally will use this often.

Vile Blows (Su): Beginning at 7th level whenever you use a martial strike against a creature which is not Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral, or Neutral Evil you add your Charisma modifier as bonus damage. This bonus damage is Vile damage and is resistant to attempts to heal it (see Book of Vile Darkness).
    Disgustingly powerful. It's like an always-on mini-Smite that also deals Vile, which is awesome. Yes, it only functions while using strikes, but you're a Warblade; you're using strikes. And it's so much better than Int-to-damage-versus-flatfooted.

Words of Corruption (Su): At 11th level you gain the ability to whisper Words of Corruption 3 times per day. When you use this ability make a Diplomacy check to alter a creature's attitude of you (at no penalty for being rushed). The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your Warblade level + your Charisma modifier + 1 per 5 points your Diplomacy check beat the DC for Helpful). If they fail the moral axis of their alignment changes to Evil and they regard you with the new attitude regarding their former allies with an attitude 1 step worse per step their attitude improved towards you. This change to their attitude and alignment both last for only 10 minutes per 2 Warblade levels. This is a language-dependent, mind-affecting, charm effect. Using this ability is a standard action.
    A bit awkwardly worded, but disturbingly potent. A Warblade probably won't use it in combat; standard actions are priceless to a maneuver-user. But this does something precious - it gives the Warblade out-of-combat utility. Anyone can diplomance with enough investment, but this makes it potent. And let's face it, if you're using this archetype, you'll be using diplomancy way more often than your DM will be using sunder or overrun checks.

Know Your Place Worm (Su):
    You had me at "Hello."

At 15th level you gain the ability to inflict negative levels with your martial strikes. Whenever you make a martial strike you may choose to inflict 1 negative level on any creature you successfully hit as part of it. If a strike allows you to hit multiple creatures this negative level applies to all of them, but no matter how many times you hit a creature it suffers no more than 1 negative level. You may only use this ability a number of times each day equal to twice your Charisma modifier.
    This is gorgeous. Horrifically powerful, bordering on broken, but absolutely gorgeous. At around level 15, you're dealing with spellcasters starting to bend reality over for a sound thrashing; dealing HP damage just doesn't make the cut anymore. But negative levels? Those are always devastating. Assuming you have enough Cha to make these class features worthwhile, you're going to be able to use this ability once or twice in pretty much every encounter. And while the Int bonus on AoOs is nice, Crusaders get more use out of those than Warblades do. And let's face it, negative levels are more destructive than a few extra points of damage.

Brava, good sir. Brava.

Isn't Darth Fel an equal opportunity corrupter employer? Although I guess the Archetype Name is "Infernal Warblade"
    Darth Fel is indeed an equal opportunity employer. But some alignments are more equal than others.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-06-20 at 12:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

This guy.
    good, now maybe you can start rectifying zaydos list of the worst people. It goes like this.

1. me
    2. LP
    3. You

do you see a problem here.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-20 at 12:18 PM.

Current avatar by me