New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GiP Regulars as Wondrous Items

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    What? None of these are illegal. Heck, even the Izforts come right back, the second is a gift at worst, and Red Fel's last scheme was to put sweaters on all of the cats in Sigil.
    ... I don't even... what did I just read?

Don't ever do that last one, by the way. I was mazed for weeks.
    I wonder why. I heard the Lady of Pain loves cats.

Pfft, it's already out there among the stars, nomming on the vital leylines of the universe. It was a huge mistake, by the way.
    A mistake is the least of it. All I do is stay on your floor once. Suddenly, I'm a vampire, you're pregnant, our child has 15 templates, and then pineapples!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Not with that level adjustment it isn't.
    Do you have any idea how long I had to sit in the Abyss so I could farm enough XP to buyoff that adjustment?!

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    One of my new ghouls seems to answer to "Lug." To whom should I present him for examination to see if he's yours?
    Oh dear... IZ is going to be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    I feel like you and Snowbluff are going to particularly enjoy something I'm still cooking for the Elder Evils thread... if I ever finish it.
    Our child is probably an elder evil... Some terrible mix between Eternal Snow and The Most Loyal Paladin.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Our child is probably an elder evil... Some terrible mix between Eternal Snow and The Most Loyal Paladin.
    I hear Olaf likes warm hugs.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

I would like to say that i am very against the random slaying of janitors, especially the old ones. They have much wisdom to dispense on the people willing to listen to them.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Segev's Periapt of the Ghoul Walker
    Price: 2,500 GP
    Body Slot: Throat
    Caster Level: 3rd
    Aura: Weak; DC 17 Abjuration
    Weight: 0.5 lbs.
    Activation: -

This amulet, made from human bone, worn around the neck is inscribed with various prayers to the gods of death. When worn it protects the wearer against the paralysis of ghouls and ghasts (including gravetouched ghouls, lacedons, and other variations), as well as the stench ability of ghasts (and other ghoul-variants which possess it). In addition while worn you cannot contract ghoul fever, and are undetectable by the scent ability of ghouls, ghasts, and variants. As a final benefit while worn ghouls and ghasts do not instinctively take you as food making reasonable discussion that much easier.

Prerequisites: Create Wondrous Item, Remove Paralysis, Hide from Undead, creator must be able to Rebuke Undead
    Cost to Create: 1250 GP and 100 XP. Seriously what should this cost? How do I determine it?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-30 at 04:23 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #425
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Segev's Periapt of the Ghoul Walker
    Price: 2,500 GP
    Caster Level: 3rd
    Aura: Weak; DC 17 Abjuration
    Weight: 0.5 lbs.
    Activation: -

This amulet, made from human bone, worn around the neck is inscribed with various prayers to the gods of death. When worn it protects the wearer against the paralysis of ghouls and ghasts (including gravetouched ghouls, lacedons, and other variations), as well as the stench ability of ghasts (and other ghoul-variants which possess it). In addition while worn you cannot contract ghoul fever, and are undetectable by the scent ability of ghouls, ghasts, and variants. As a final benefit while worn ghouls and ghasts do not instinctively take you as food making reasonable discussion that much easier.

Prerequisites: Create Wondrous Item, Remove Paralysis, Hide from Undead, creator must be able to Rebuke Undead
    Cost to Create: 1250 GP and 100 XP.
    Ooh, I like it! So much easier than giving an amulte of prestidigitation to every single ghast one controlls to keep the stench down. And useful for those post-deal handshakes!

Seriously what should this cost? How do I determine it?
    You've got two 2nd level spells in it, both related, and it's a reasonable slot. That's 3*2*2000+3*2*2000 for the base price (the 3*2 being caster level times spell level). We're ignoring the x1.5 for having a second element, because they're closely thematically related here. Add a further x.5 because of how specific the restriction is, as well as ignoring the Hide from Undead's duration-based x1.5 because it doesn't actually hide you; it just makes you seem like not-food to a particular subcategory of undead.

That brings it to 12,000 gp. I'm tempted to give it another ad hoc x.75 to get it down to 8k, because it doesn't seem worth 12k to me, though I will leave that to others to judge.
    Last edited by Segev; 2015-06-30 at 04:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh dear... IZ is going to be unhappy...
    I WANT LUG BACKPlease
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I WANT LUG BACKPlease
    I know, buddy... I know... But if you want him back, you'll have to kill segev and get Red Fel to resurrect him.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Banned

Legendary Regalia of the Immortal Emperor

The Legendary Regalia of the Immortal Emperor are greater artifacts and can't be created. Unlike other artifacts, they cannot be destroyed by any means whatsoever.

A spellcaster wearing the entire Regalia can spontaneously cast spells of their entire list; likewise can a manifester use psychic powers on their list whether or not they know them. Any creature wearing the Regalia is immune to the effects of the Dead, Disabled, Dying, Staggered and Unconscious conditions.

Bracers of the Immortal Emperor
    Body Slot: Arms
    Caster Level: 30th
    Aura: Overwhelming Transmutation
    Weight: 1 lb

The Bracers of the Immortal Emperor grant a +20 bonus on epic skill checks. The user can create automatically-resetting traps without increasing their price.

Cuiraiss of the Immortal Emperor
    Body Slot: Body and torso
    Aura: Overwhelming Abjuration and Necromancy
    Weight: 0.5 lb

This item grants the wearer total concealment, and they may choose for each spell, power, spell-like or psi-like ability whether or not to be affected by it if they normally would be.

Anyone but the wearer who touches the wearer's tummy is slain instantly.

Mask of the Immortal Emperor
    Body Slot: Face
    Aura: Overwhelming Divination and Overwhelming Illusion
    Weight: -

A creature wearing the Mask of the Immortal Emperor can see everything exactly as it really is, and can also see through any barrier short of 3 feet of lead, 12 yards of common metal, a mile of stone or an honestly obscene amount of paper or wood. The same is true of the wearer's senses of hearing and smell, and their touch and taste can't be fooled either. Further, anyone who would in any way perceive the wearer instead perceives something else of the wearer's choice.

Boots of the Immortal Emperor
    Body Slot: Feet
    Aura: Overwhelming Conjuration

The wearer of the Boots of the Immortal Emperor no longer needs to bother moving normally; they instead simply go to whichever location they wish as a free action. If they wish to move normally, they have infinite speeds in all modes of movement and a perfect fly maneuverability.

Gloves of the Immortal Emperor
    Aura: Overwhelming Conjuration and Overwhelming Illusion
    Weight: -

The wearer of the Gloves of the Immortal Emperor can create an Ice Assassin, as the spell, at will as a standard action. They can also do the same for Teleportation Circle and Gate.

Hat of the Immortal Emperor
    Body Slot: Head
    Aura: Overwhelming Abjuration

The wearer of the Hat of the Immortal Emperor is immune to mind-affecting abilities except those that they desire to affect them. They can cast all 3th-level or lower spells at will as spell-like abilities.

Pauldrons of the Immortal Emperor
    Body Slot: Shoulders
    Aura: Overwhelming Transmutation

The wearer gains a +30 bonus to each ability score.

Mouthpiece of the Immortal Emperor
    Aura: Overwhelming Enchantment

The wearer can communicate anything to any creature as a free action. They may choose to force that creature to believe them, or to follow their orders so long as they sound at all reasonable in any way.

Belt of the Immortal Emperor
    Aura: Overwhelming Conjutration
    Weight: 0.5 lb

The Belt of the Immortal Emperor contains an infinite storage space, and also a copy of every non-unique mundane item ever to come to be. The same is true of every non-unique magic item with a market price below 10,000 GP. The items created from the Belt of the Immortal Emperor are tainted with Win and are unsuitable for sale, however. Those which were placed in the infinite storage space are not tainted with Win. Further, no item weighs anything while in the belt.

Items can be drawn from or returned to the belt as a free action.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-07-01 at 07:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

True, but I am, and I'm taking your side on this one.
    Well, then. Through I admit to always being confused as to your gender and race so I think I'd prefer the paladin, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    You've got two 2nd level spells in it, both related, and it's a reasonable slot. That's 3*2*2000+3*2*2000 for the base price (the 3*2 being caster level times spell level). We're ignoring the x1.5 for having a second element, because they're closely thematically related here. Add a further x.5 because of how specific the restriction is, as well as ignoring the Hide from Undead's duration-based x1.5 because it doesn't actually hide you; it just makes you seem like not-food to a particular subcategory of undead.

That brings it to 12,000 gp. I'm tempted to give it another ad hoc x.75 to get it down to 8k, because it doesn't seem worth 12k to me, though I will leave that to others to judge.
    Doesn't actually mimic the effects of either spell. It's much more restricted than either, gives you things they don't, doesn't give you most of the stuff they do. It's a unique effect which means that formula doesn't even apply which is why it's difficult.

Also Hide from Undead is level 1, so it should be (3*2*2000+1*1*2000)*1/2 which would give 7k, even that is probably high as it only helps against a single type of CR 1 or 3 creature. My ultimate reasoning was "Pit traps are more common and dangerous, so it's not much better than a Ring of Feather Fall." The stench immunity would be the big thing (since it enables use of them as minions better) but it's one of those things you can save against until you succeed and be immune for 24 hours.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

I know, buddy... I know... But if you want him back, you'll have to kill segev and get Red Fel to resurrect him.
    The janitorial union is not pleased. They want to hire your order to get Lug back. Also, I had to burn the paperwork they were trying to put through to give me a hearing about never officially joining or paying union dues...

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Gladly.

Come here, Segev, I have a wonderful offer for you.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-06-30 at 06:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I WANT LUG BACKPlease
    Wait, I disintegrated him! How in the nine is he now any type of undead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Well, then. Through I admit to always being confused as to your gender and race so I think I'd prefer the paladin, actually.
    To be fair, the former is because I leave it intentionally blank to mess with people more than privacy, the the latter is racist.
    ... I don't even... what did I just read?
    Sweaters on cats. I wanted to see the Lady of Pain smile. I bet she's cute when she smiles.
    I wonder why. I heard the Lady of Pain loves cats.
    Yeah, but most cats don't like sweaters.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

And now I've got a very vague idea for a sealed evil in a can (Campaign Big Bad, possibly a literal Elder Evil) who was sealed in the Mazes by the Lady but has begun getting pieces out via cracks and is now using it as a fortress while it prepares for coming out in force and destroying the Great Wheel with the help of it's 42 servant IZes.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

And now I've got a very vague idea for a sealed evil in a can (Campaign Big Bad, possibly a literal Elder Evil) who was sealed in the Mazes by the Lady but has begun getting pieces out via cracks and is now using it as a fortress while it prepares for coming out in force and destroying the Great Wheel with the help of it's 42 servant IZes.
    So, what, does the party have to get themselves mazed to get to the final dungeon?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

So, what, does the party have to get themselves mazed to get to the final dungeon?
    Possibly. Possibly it gets out and Sigil as it falls an infinite distance towards the Spire is the final dungeon. With it somehow actually managing to crash into the Spire and crack it during the fight, the boss attempting to escape into the Spire and the PCs having to stop all of the Planes from becoming undone because they're heroes, Bahamut condemn it! And "hopefully" resist the temptation to tap into infinite cosmic power which their finite minds cannot properly harness.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #438

Not sure about Undead but Disintegrate makes dust and one can turn dust into an Awakened Sand (Sa).

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Why Atemu with the newest from our catalog...

Segev's Balm of Bodily Restoration
    Price: 4,000 GP
    Body Slot: - (held)
    Caster Level: 13th
    Aura: Strong; DC 22 Necromancy Conjuration Healing should be Necromancy
    Weight: 1 lbs.
    Activation: Standard (manipulation).

This white powder when poured upon the impartial remains of a body, including such fragments as the dust left by a disintegrate or destruction spell, causes it to reform, the entire body becoming whole and extant again allowing magic such as Animate Dead or Raise Dead to work upon it.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Regenerate
    Cost to Create: 2000 GP and 160 XP.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-30 at 09:26 PM.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Not sure about Undead but Disintegrate makes dust and one can turn dust into an Awakened Sand (Sa).
    Well, I now have something else to murder.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Keledrath's Automatic Valet
    Price: 2,000 GP
    Body Slot: -
    Caster Level: 5th.
    Aura: Weak; DC 18 Conjuration.
    Activation: Standard (manipulation)
    Weight: 1 lb.

This small box can be attuned to a specific non-living vehicle no larger than large size. The attunement is done by holding the box to the chosen vehicle and using a standard action. The attunement can later be changed at any time.

By using a standard action the attuned vehicle will appear in an adjacent square to Keledrath's Automatic Valet, ready to be mounted. Mounting the vehicle is free action. This is a conjuration (calling) effect.

By investing essentia into this item, the attuned vehicle's land speed increases by +10 feet for each essentia invested.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Mount, Creator must have an essentia pool.
    Cost to create: 1000 gp and 80 XP.
    "Movement speed is the most important statistic in this game."

"Give them no mercy for they give no mercy to us."

"I see one of those I kill it!"

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I now have something else to murder.
    You know, it's not safe with a serial killer around. Especially one who serially kills the same person again. We need to do something about you.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    You know, it's not safe with a serial killer around. Especially one who serially kills the same person again. We need to do something about you.
    Force him to switch some of his levels to Ranger. That should slow him down while keeping the flavour.
    "Movement speed is the most important statistic in this game."

"Give them no mercy for they give no mercy to us."

"I see one of those I kill it!"

24. - Top - End - #444

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

I have but one thing to say... Yay Farscape! Crichton was awesome.

I might be watching Season 10 of SG-1. Crichton isn't as insanely awesome in it. I still like him better than Jack. I didn't like Jack. The show is not as good as the early seasons, but it's better than 8, or the one with Jonas. Not that I disliked him, just that he didn't counter balance Jack properly.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Bring it on, buddy. I need something to test my new claws on.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Aegis View Post
    Force him to switch some of his levels to Ranger. That should slow him down while keeping the flavour.
    Touch my levels and I end you. Well, I end you more slowly. With more sharp things.

27. - Top - End - #447

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Bring it on, buddy. I need something to test my new claws on.

Touch my levels and I end you. Well, I end you more slowly. With more sharp things.
    just out of curiosity what is your build mate?

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    just out of curiosity what is your build mate?
    That information is above your pay grade. After a few years one or two decades several centuries uncountable ages some time here at GitP A.S., however...

nah, who am I kidding. We don't provide seniority benefits. We did, but that had to end due to fast-time demiplane problems.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-07-01 at 02:45 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    That information is above your pay grade.
    I am not asking that for my payment ( hell I have several kingdoms paying me already plus I am still try to spend the cash heisted from zaydos's lair) I ask it so I can send a cleric after the encounter to raise the useful ones