New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Favorite snipewarp spells

So, the spellwarp sniper can take low- to mid-level spells and turn them into rays. What are some of the best spells to apply this snipewarping to? I can see how a spell like fireball might benefit moderately - give up the ability to affect multiple targets, submit to a ranged attack roll, and in return get the ability to deny that darned enemy rogue his Reflex save + Evasion combo. Nice, but not *that* hot. (Except for the aforementioned rogue). Seems like it would be useful only in special situations.

Am I missing something? Are there any spells that unambiguously benefit, in almost all situations, from being snipewarped? Are there any spells that benefit a LOT from being snipewarped in particular, specialized situations?

(Arcane *or* divine spells - the PrC descript doesn't limit itself to arcane casting)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Favorite snipewarp spells

i think its a really neat idea, not an alpha/omega PrC but the fact you can change things to rays is nice. forget what the level is for it but Maw of Teeth would be fun times
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Favorite snipewarp spells

What you want are spells that also inflict a condition on a failed reflex save. Since warping the spell into a ray now removes the save, you get a rather nice spell that only requires you to hit the target. My favourite is "Wings of Flurry" (Races of the Dragon), which used to daze for 1 round on a failed Reflex. Spellwarped, it's now a no-save daze, plus you get CLd6 force damage with no cap. The disadvantages are that it's limited to 40 ft. and it's a Sorcerer-only spell.