New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Death Note aligments? Should this go into comic?

I don't know if the comic page includes manga, but sense the Judge doom aligment thread was here i might as well do this

What do you think Light's aligment is, from Death Note

No he is not good or neutral

Now he could be LE
    He believes what he is doing is right, and is not killing for selfish reasons, he honestly thinks that the world would be better off if he was a god. He act very intellegently and he often has some sort of moral code. However he breaks it whenever he sees the need to
    NE He is very self serving in a "I shall be god" sort of way and will not hesatat to do whatever it takes to get what he wants, peace for the world. However he is not doing it for his own benafit
    CE, he is completly insane, utterly insane
    from
    EE
    Last edited by EvilElitest; 2007-05-02 at 09:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Death Note aligments? Should this go into comic?

Tried to avoid any spoilers

Light Yagami started the series at most in TN an spiraled towards CE as time passed. His intentions were, from the start were to create, his "perfect" world, eventually getting rid of those who were lazy and useless. By the end of the series he was simply killing those who got in his way, allies and foes alike.

Misa probably CN with a really low wisdom, she followed Light blindly, cutting her lifespan to fractions and losing her memory whenever she was told. She never showed much bloodlust though, she would have been just as happy doing anything else as long as it involved Light.

L would probably be CG-CN. He had a strong sense of justice, but his "competition" against Kira was probably above this in his mind. He did things on his own regardless of the prestablished laws.

Light's Dad is probably NG. He wanted to stop the murders, but he objected when he thought L had gone too far.

Ryuuk, CN-CE. He's bored above all else, and simply drops the Death Note on earth for a change of pace. He makes no attempts to help Light, nor to hurt him, he simply enjoys watching humans struggle.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2007-05-02 at 09:55 PM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

1. I want to change the title to Manga aligments, 1. Death note. How do i do that?
    2. Light started out as LN, and i think he turned LE when he started killing crimals. However, as the story goes on he becomes NE, but i don't think CE. COuld you provid more evidence, in Spoilder text?
    3. L seems N more than anything else, he doesn't reallly care about hte morals, he really just want to get Kira, so i'd say LN, N, CG.
    4. Mr. Yagami is so LG, i mean when has he broken a law? He doesn't even use a gun
    5. Misa is pretty much right, she is dumb
    6. When i learn how to change the title, this is become a spoiler thread
    from,
    EE

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I agree with most of those, except Light's dad. He has to be lawful good. He wouldn't even use a gun after he had to quit the police, and always abided by strictly lawful concepts, even when it came to L's plans, for the most part anyway. He has been stated, by the creators, as the only real representitive of true justice in death note.

He is one of my more liked characters of the series, along with L, who is pretty much the opposite in terms of lawfulness, I see him as straight chaotic good.

I'd say Light was definitely Lawful Evil throughout 90% or more of the series. He never really completely relied on himself, he twisted and manipulated people all for the vision of his perfect world, whether good intentions or not, killing is bad.

Other than that though, previous post is pretty much on for Ryuk/Misa.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm, well according to the end, I would have to say he becomes CE

Spoiler
    Show

If memory serves when he is cornered instead of giving up he tells Ryuuk to kill everyone. Fortunately the git got what he deserved.

Now if does become a discuss this manga character alignment I have two new suggestions:

Saito Hajime from RK, Kyo from SDK, and current chapter 340+ sasuke.
    "Stand together men, for we are the only defenders of this glade until spring arrives, heralding the return of our Lord and the Wild Hunt," Relar Sorin, Lord of the Tower of Eternal Winter and Eternal Guard Leader

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll concede with Light's dad, he's lawful good as far as it goes, especially during the raid.

Light is still Chaotic in my mind though, he's just smart enough to keep it hidden. His first thoughts about Misa were that he had to kill her (at least until Rem warned him of the consequences), his code of conduct is nonexistent (as long as it can't be triled back to him, he'll do it) and he has absolutely no sense of loyalty towards his allies (Misa, His dad, Takada and Mikami were all expendable).
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuk View Post
    I'll concede with Light's dad, he's lawful good as far as it goes, especially during the raid.

Light is still Chaotic in my mind though, he's just smart enough to keep it hidden. His first thoughts about Misa were that he had to kill her (at least until Rem warned him of the consequences), his code of conduct is nonexistent (as long as it can't be triled back to him, he'll do it) and he has absolutely no sense of loyalty towards his allies (Misa, His dad, Takada and Mikami were all expendable).
    Sounds NE to me, self serving
    Also, just a note to everybody, to keep this from becoming confusing, lets just keep it to one manga at a time.
    from,
    EE

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

This could be put in either comic or media as it's being both published and aired.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Light: L/G --> L/N --> N/N --> N/E --> C/E

I really thought the direction it went towards the end was pretty disappointing. The manga had this opportunity to establish the awesome situation where we find ourselves rooting for a megalomaniacal genius bent on "making the world a better place" against those who would stand for conventional justice. I really detested the resolution...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The concept of a spiral into evil and madness is basically the point of the story I suppose, so for Light to got out crazy and pathetic makes some sense. But I really would have prefered them to have made Light's death at least a dignified one, at least losing to the original L. I was hoping that Light would turn around and end up on the "good guys" team, dying after battling someone who posed a greater threat. Ah well, it turns out it's just a morality tale after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote for lawful evil.

The "perfect society" he is trying to create is with a perfect non compremizing law, he is so fanatic about laws and rules that he finds all other methods (like jails) too weak. So without doubt, lawful.

He kills without remorse, doesn't have problems in tricking others to their deaths, he used low criminals just to test his powers, he has no special problem about killing innocents. So he can call it "greater good" if he wants o, but that's as far in evil as any human can get.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

The fact that he had practically no compulsions to just killing anyone who opposed in the slightest makes me doubt that he was ever good.

I think he only considers the morality of his actions, like, once.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Light tries to be LE but goes a bit bonkers which would make him possibly CE. I think LE is about right since most dictators end up as psychopaths while still trying to maintain lawful control. When he lost his memory he was the archetypal NG sap.

Onimeno Kyo is chaotic neutral. He seems chaotic evil at many times but doesn't have the ambition or drive to be that evil. He's an adrelaline junkie but he's not as bad as he wants people to believe.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Like virtually all reasonably interesting characters, the cast of Death Note is rather too complex to be adequately expressed by a 3x3 grid of personality elements based on an elementary notion of universal morals.

F'rex, take L. He refuses to kill Light off before he has proved that he actually is Kira, even though by doing so he could probably save thousands of lives. Meanwhile, he readily associates with criminals and uses people as pawns through persuasion and blackmail. Light, on the other hand, is a creepy, heartless bastard. Still, he works meticulously towards his ideal of justice, but despite this he uses means that are strictly unjust. In his mind he's doing everything for the greater good, but he's unwilling to sacrifice himself for it. They're not really about either goodness or lawfulness at all.

RuroKen characters, at any rate, are somewhat computable, because the characters are basically one-dimensional personifications of ideology. Particularily Hajime Saitoh, who is Lawful Neutral personified. I guess that's why he's The Man.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

F'rex, take L. He refuses to kill Light off before he has proved that he actually is Kira, even though by doing so he could probably save thousands of lives.
    Isn't that good?
    from,
    EE

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
    Isn't that good?
    from,
    EE
    It sounds more lawful to me. I've never read the series, though, so I don't know the circumstances.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    It sounds more lawful to me. I've never read the series, though, so I don't know the circumstances.
    L seems LN, N, CN, N, or CG to me
    from,
    EE

17. - Top - End - #17

L is LN, pure and simple, he isnt in it to catch Light by the end, he is in it to show Light he is better, thats not good but he is still trying to bring Kira to justice.
    Light is LE pure and simple, one chaotic act dosnt change who you are. When your whole reason for killing is to make a better law filled world you are LE, thats LE by definition
    Lights Dad is True Awsome, he has no alignment, he could beat Chuck Norris to death with Bruce Lee and still get home for dinner wit hhis wife and kids
    The rest of the cast are either Lawful Plot becuase thats all they are there for, or Chaotic Stupid becuase they fail at helping the plot and make an all togather A+ manga annoying in bits.

Spoiler
    Show
    And the only reason Light starts doing silly things is becuase Near and Mello are plot devices put in place to make him fall at the end. Near is neither cool as L, or as smart, he makes leaps of faith and is right with no real basis in reality. He sees what he wants to see and the plot is made so he is right. And Mello while an ok character is there to make Near look better and disguise the fact that Near is, in the end a plot device
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2007-05-03 at 07:18 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    L is LN, pure and simple, he isnt in it to catch Light by the end, he is in it to show Light he is better, thats not good but he is still trying to bring Kira to justice.
    Light is LE pure and simple, one chaotic act dosnt change who you are. When your whole reason for killing is to make a better law filled world you are LE, thats LE by definition
    Lights Dad is True Awsome, he has no alignment, he could beat Chuck Norris to death with Bruce Lee and still get home for dinner wit hhis wife and kids
    The rest of the cast are either Lawful Plot becuase thats all they are there for, or Chaotic Stupid becuase they fail at helping the plot and make an all togather A+ manga annoying in bits.
    1. Agree with L
    2. Agree with Light
    3. The rest of cast is cool though, at least Ryuk is, best CE character ever you might say
    4. Light's dad is awsome, he is the best. Light's Dad=Link's hat

Spoiler
    Show
    And the only reason Light starts doing silly things is becuase Near and Mello are plot devices put in place to make him fall at the end. Near is neither cool as L, or as smart, he makes leaps of faith and is right with no real basis in reality. He sees what he wants to see and the plot is made so he is right. And Mello while an ok character is there to make Near look better and disguise the fact that Near is, in the end a plot device
    1. Hate near so much, he is so unrealistic.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't mind Light losing, but at least a cool person, like L or someone equally cool

Mello is pretty cool once he gets his scar, but i still agree
    Mell would be NE or CE?
    Near doesn't get an aligment, becaue nobody loves him
    from,
    EE

19. - Top - End - #19

Mello..honestly is CN, he is selfish and self centered and is doing what he is doing for such selfish reasons, he isnt evil though, i dont think he is smart enough to be evil. The only thing that makes him better is becuase he just wants to show up Near, and show him how cool he is, which is like showing the color pink the color black, Pink knows black is better its just going to deny it."
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

Mello..honestly is CN, he is selfish and self centered and is doing what he is doing for such selfish reasons, he isnt evil though, i dont think he is smart enough to be evil. The only thing that makes him better is becuase he just wants to show up Near, and show him how cool he is, which is like showing the color pink the color black, Pink knows black is better its just going to deny it."
    He does hurt innocents to get what he wants

And does anyone know where i can watch eposide 29-30. Youtube does not allow them
    from,
    EE

21. - Top - End - #21

ya but he also huts bad people to, and Naruto Mania is good
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

ya but he also huts bad people to, and Naruto Mania is good
    Innocent bad people, that makes him only slightly different than L

And what is Naurto Mania?
    from,
    EE

23. - Top - End - #23

its a website sir, go to google and type it in, its free, you can even DL the manga
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

its a website sir, go to google and type it in, its free, you can even DL the manga
    If what you say is true, then i must take back what i said

Light's Dad=Link's Hat=Innis Cabel

Light, Ryuk, Edward Elric, Greed, Envy, Martel, Frank Archer, Kimblee, Link, Vader, Roy and Daven are good to
    from,
    EE

25. - Top - End - #25

well i am honored...tell the rest of the following that i am the truth of Links Hat....
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

well i am honored...tell the rest of the following that i am the truth of Links Hat....
    Only if you join
    from,
    EE

27. - Top - End - #27

never going to happen, i am a Epitaph supporter all the way.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

never going to happen, i am a Epitaph supporter all the way.
    who is that?

Why can't you surrport both?
    from,
    EE

29. - Top - End - #29

its a .hack thing, it would take....a long time to explain becuase its pretty deep, ill PM you a link to some of the info, and no, i love Zelda, just finished TP which is the only one i didnt play, but i just cant support him, Midna sure thing, Ganandorf? Sure, Even Zant....but not Link
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

its a .hack thing, it would take....a long time to explain becuase its pretty deep, ill PM you a link to some of the info, and no, i love Zelda, just finished TP which is the only one i didnt play, but i just cant support him, Midna sure thing, Ganandorf? Sure, Even Zant....but not Link
    1. Why not link?
    2. Its links hat, not link, just the hat for all its coolness
    3. Why do you not like link? I wouldn't want to make a church in his honor, but i rather like him

Anyways, so here is what i have so far

L=LN
    Light=LE
    Ryuk=CE
    Misa=CE, but CN in mindset, really dumb
    Matsuda =NG
    Light's Dad = Awsome, LG
    Mello=CE
    Near=useless,, i mean TN
    from,
    EE